Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Suspicious Dish posted:

The reason I've been procrastinating for so long is because I hosed up. The audio quality in this next episode is horrible. This is the first time I've tried to do live commentary in a crowded hotel room at 9PM after a long day at a giant indoor waterpark, so the audio levels were set way too high and they clipped it. What you see is the result of me working extremely hard to restore it by being mopey about it and not doing anything about it for five weeks.

NEW EPISODE: X. Live

If you are like me and cannot watch this episode because of how disappointed in yourself for setting the wrong audio levels and ruining what was supposed to be a fun surprise for the thread, here is what happened: we went to a swamp to get a guy to build a bridge, but it turned out that dude had the plague, so we had to go recover 3 berries to help him. The first berry was easy, the second berry required me finding my way around a place that looked like this, and we fought a cool dragon for the third berry. I cheesed the third dragon with Roberta's 6-Hour-Grinding-Wand. Killing the dragon caused the purple to go away.

I like it anyway and I appreciate the dank splitscreen action. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Tim was quite the assassin.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Great Joe posted:

I like it anyway and I appreciate the dank splitscreen action. :)

Agreed on both counts. :)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Me and Dish had a really heated argument about this and determined it's best for the viewers to decide:

Who is the better LPer Suspicious Dish or Instant Grat and which would you kiss on the face?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Dish.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

OK that decides it then, closing poll, thanks for participating, everybody!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yay. Landslide victory and tilting vote at the same time. That's kind of rare.

But seriously, if you go through the effort to grind for dozens of hours, it has to count for something.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Putty posted:

Me and Dish had a really heated argument about this and determined it's best for the viewers to decide:

Who is the better LPer Suspicious Dish or Instant Grat and which would you kiss on the face?
Pork Lift.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Instant Grat (help I am being held hostage)

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hbomberguy posted:

Instant Grat (help I am being held hostage)

Excuse me sir, but the poll is closed, sir. Sir, please leave.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Suspicious Dish posted:

Excuse me sir, but the poll is closed, sir. Sir, please leave.

The poll is now open again thanks to me, Most Handsome Internet Man 2k15

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Great Joe posted:

Pork Lift.

Already done that.

Artist impression:

I am still happy the lady who drew this drew me, the far younger, timider, and thinner of the two, as the one taking charge in this imaginary encounter.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Hey Harry! :)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Putty posted:

harry bomberguy

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm sorry I lied, his name is actually Harris Bomberguy. :(

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I like Instant Dish as the person I'd kiss.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
hank bomberguy

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Last time we got a dude from Bogshot Swamp to fix a bridge so we could go back to meet our family, the Ellises, way back over at the Ellis Family Farm, to make sure they're OK after Dark Butt II was released in Neopia. It's been a long time, it would finally be nice to "chill-ax" and "catch up"with our fam about what we've been doing as a squire! Might as well take the opportunity to have everyone meet the bae, as well. Rumor has it they also have some puzzle item that's required to beat the game, too, but I'm more interested in snagging a skillet and some mugs. I'm sort of running out of them here in my dorm.

NEW EPISODE: XII. Family (redux)

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
I seriously feel bad for any kids who played this game. Recycling dungeons already? Lord. :cripes:

And I care about the plants, Dish. :saddowns:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mr. Soop posted:

I seriously feel bad for any kids who played this game. Recycling dungeons already? Lord. :cripes:

And I care about the plants, Dish. :saddowns:

Please watch the full video before making up your mind. Thank you for your inquiry and continued patronage.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.
It follows has a pretty nice soundtrack too, and some might recognize the artist for game OSTs:

http://music.disasterpeace.com/album/it-follows

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The concept of Greece is a lie constructed by scientology. Finally someone has the courage to say it.

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
Haha, holy crap, Neopets. I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but there was a period of time in Yahoo! chat where if you mentioned Neopets or the URL to the website, you would be shadow-squelched for 10 minutes at a time. You could still send messages but they wouldn't show to anyone else. This extended to Yahoo Instant Messenger, too. So you literally could not mention Neopets or send people to the website. Yahoo! really hated Neopets.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
What the hell dude, no one should be discussing the upskirts of Meridell. This is a game geared for children.

Nice Freudian slip there.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Last time, we found out that our family doesn't even have time for us anymore. Hubert's always working on his inventions, and Patricia is too busy making lasagna for Lucy. Let's just go back to saving the world. Next stop: the Cogham Mines. Some p. sketch clouds have arisen over Cogham, so that means there's a boss to kill. Let's hope he's not a copy/pasted palette swapped refight!!!

NEW EPISODE: XIII. Labor

Since Grat asked, the music is Mr. Confuse - Hurricane Jane (Daytoner Remix). I heard it on a p. cool show we watch together called The Genius. Go watch The Genius.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Man, you guys get really freaked out about people loving in car parks while others watch.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

What's dogging?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zain posted:

What's dogging?

Congrats on winning Jeopardy!.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

what a face

NejD
Oct 3, 2013
drat it now i need to know what grat thought dogging was before.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This whole experience was kind of hilarious. Fight enemies as a mage, they're giant walls of hit points. Fight the boss as Doge Knight, he can't even hurt you. This whole game is just so... arbitrary, I guess?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Zain posted:

What's dogging?

Let's see...

Wikipedia posted:

Dogging includes the application of slinging techniques including the selection and inspection of lifting gear, and also covers directing crane or hoist operators in the movement of loads, including when loads are out of sight of the crane driver

:v:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Last time, we went into some mines, pulverized the Ixi Chieftan for the second time, cemented our status as Super Awesome Squire, and my status as Really Good At Video Games, Eat It Grat. Today, Tor and Roberta ("Torberta") face new life challenges as they try to re-unlock the non-sidequest area, Illusen's Glade! The only thing that can cut through those dark clouds is the Werelupe King Charm! It's time to head into the spooky Werelupe Woods and do some required fetch questing for Sophie the Swamp Witch (feat. Drake) so we can invade the Werelupe HQ!

Please do me a favor and don't get too spooked, as we head into the land of Funny Neopets In-Jokes! Prepare to laugh your rear end off in

NEW EPISODE: XIV. Subeta

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mods please rename thread to The Neopetic Adventures of Torberta

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Um gosh it's called Kreludite you guys it's ... wait it can't be from kreludor if it's a meteorite, kreludor is the neopets moon I think. Hmm.

Anyway, that sword's also an item. And a trading card. And doesn't exist at higher resolution, I guess? I don't know.

I am enjoying this LP very much

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
RIP Neoschool

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
legend says that when someone completes an LP of a Neopets game, they are buried with Neoschool

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

MissEchelon posted:

Um gosh it's called Kreludite you guys it's ... wait it can't be from kreludor if it's a meteorite, kreludor is the neopets moon I think. Hmm.

Anyway, that sword's also an item. And a trading card. And doesn't exist at higher resolution, I guess? I don't know.

I am enjoying this LP very much

If it's Kreludan, that doesn't have to mean that's what it's made of. It can also mean it came from Kreludor, the thing that you just mentioned exists. Did I miss something because I wasn't paying attention? Did the people who made the game miss something because they weren't paying attention? Both?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
We gave Kreludite to Smithy Rongus and he crafted us the Kreludan Blade, albeit in more than 80 pixels. The Kreludan Blade did not come from Kreludor, it came from Drackon Ridge and Bogshot. I am disappointed in my thread posters for getting simple Neopets lore wrong. Don't make me read a few books at you guys next episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Hey look, watching LPs is hard, ok? I'd like to see YOU do it.

• Locked thread