Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?
Well since this really seems remotely possible now I'm putting my first TOXX up here. Hell I remember when the term came about. Anyway..

If Drew Brees is cut or traded from the Saints or retires THIS offseason, permaban me.

If Sean Payton is fired/traded(lol)/resigns THIS offseason, normal ban.

:toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Got sick on Papa John's, will make more entertaining post later.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Catfish Stevens posted:

Well since this really seems remotely possible now I'm putting my first TOXX up here. Hell I remember when the term came about. Anyway..

If Drew Brees is cut or traded from the Saints or retires THIS offseason, permaban me.

If Sean Payton is fired/traded(lol)/resigns THIS offseason, normal ban.

:toxx:

Welp, cya!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Catfish Stevens has my respect. Sir, I salute you for your unending faith in your team!

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?
No half measures, man.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't hate Peyton Manning. He's a great player, and I've never liked Pats games as much as when they were facing him. And I gotta say, without him under center at Denver, a lot of what makes the Broncos-and by extension, Denver-special is just... gone.

So it's a little strange that when Brock Lobster pulls a win out of his rear end, my most notable reaction is annoyance that I have to do this stupid, boringass toxx.

Fine.

I struggled to find a local staple online. Denver really is just this city near the mountains with nothing special or notable about it except ol' fivehead, and legal grass. I found that the "Denver" style... anything is no more special than the lovely shakes Chip forces the Eagles to choke down like a bucket of lumpy protein chowder. Wow, you put peppers and ham together? Amazing-let's tell Paris those lazy chefs they're on notice.

So I ordered a pizza from Papa John's. I figured it wouldn't be much of a big deal because I live about a mile from the nearest one, so I click "confirm" and wait. I've never had it before, so it's something new for me.

Accompanied by a wet-paper, fat, and garlic ketchup sauce, the goon feed I paid real american dollars for arrives about 45 minutes late. It smells awful. It's like body odor was roasted in a pan with oil of some sort. The mystery meats are swimming in a sea of cheese so thick you could sail on it.

So I dig in, and get through about a slice and a half before my body staunchly refuses to take in more. After about a half hour, I'm stuck in the bathroom with food poisoning. Barfing my brains out, I can't leave for about an hour and a half as my wife hollers down the hall: "don't have any anti-emetic, use the vaporizer hun"

After throwing up a few more times, she handed me the vape, and that did the trick. Unfortunately, that also meant as far as my night went:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4

Next week: Philly food.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 7, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress is wrong with you, man, it's just a loving pizza.

:ohdear:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 7, 2015

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I got food poisoning. It's probably a function of just being a lovely franchisee or something I dunno.

What the food is doesn't matter if there's something wrong with it. We let the location know but they seemed to only want to give us coupons, which we refused.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 7, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've gotten sick off Papa John's two of the last three times I had it so I think they just have lovely quality control. Whatever it is I certainly will not eat it anymore.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Pretty sure Denver's gonna win next week but if not I am unsure I can do the Toxx as according to rules set last year (thank you Lions fan) I am not allowed to eat what Oakland is most well known for: poo poo.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

WugLyfe posted:

I got food poisoning. It's probably a function of just being a lovely franchisee or something I dunno.

What the food is doesn't matter if there's something wrong with it. We let the location know but they seemed to only want to give us coupons, which we refused.

Green Chile is pretty big out here [Denver], should have just made some.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

MC2552John posted:

Green Chile is pretty big out here [Denver], should have just made some.

Absolutely. Will definitely make some in the near future.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Smith has four games and 557 yards before I start seeing probations! Interesting to see how he messes up!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

sup :haw:

E: There aren't any Larkburgers in Chicago :saddowns:

Portillos?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Deal!

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Tried looking up what food Oakland is most known for. All I found was violence, but someone mentioned soul food so I will run with that this weekend.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Tried looking up what food Oakland is most known for. All I found was violence, but someone mentioned soul food so I will run with that this weekend.

Check out Lois The Pie Queen. It is a really cool little soul place that makes good pies and has the kind of folksy small town vibe that you don't find often in the Bay.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/lois-the-pie-queen-oakland

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

295 yards left for Smith! He won't hit it lol!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

WugLyfe posted:

restaurants sucks rear end at handling food poisoning. i got poisoned off a dunkin donuts egg sandwich once and the franchise owner basically tried to sue me because i used the online "comments and concerns" form to let them know. he didn't really sue me per se but tried to call his insurance agency after me to sign a bunch of forms saying i wouldn't tell anyone i got food poisoning from them, to which i promptly never replied and never heard another thing about

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Parmesan Basil posted:

295 yards left for Smith! He won't hit it lol!

He plays the Browns next week.

He'll have a career game.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
Looks like I am at least $50 in the hole. Go Bengals. :unsmith:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Hello TFF friends! As you well know, earlier this year I bet that noted terrible quarterback Alex Smith would throw for very few passes over thirty yards. And, so far, I've been very close to right! He's only had three (2 in one game lol)! The bet was that I would pay money to a charity for every successful pass. I paid the first one to Doctors Without Borders and was ready to drop the dough for the next two but, unfortunately, a minor tragedy hit the Basil household.

My wonderful 1988 Buick Park Avenue had a catastrophic engine disaster, forcing me to postpone my end of the bargain. I figured I would have to bow out all together but a stroke of genius hit me. Instead of scrapping my beloved ride, I could donate it! So that's what I did! I found a nice little local charity that helps young people overcoming substance abuse issues. (yeah, it's a religious thing but it was either that or NPR and they don't need my money)

As proof:

So, I do this both to help people and to cover my outstanding debts and handle any others I might incur (I probably won't). Instead of just talking about Good and Just things, I decided to put my money where my mouth is! Have a happy holidays everyone!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
So you had a worthless hunk of junk and instead of paying the fee to scrap it you unloaded it on a charity. Let me contact the vatican, this might qualify as a miracle. Just one more and you can be a saint.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Chichevache posted:

So you had a worthless hunk of junk and instead of paying the fee to scrap it you unloaded it on a charity. Let me contact the vatican, this might qualify as a miracle. Just one more and you can be a saint.
I've scrapped several cars and have never had to pay a fee.

In fact, usually they will pay you to scrap your car, since they can use the various parts and metals for different things.

But hey, keep being a dick for no reason and happy holidays!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Let's see him donate his tax refund to charity, then I will care.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I mean you don't have to be an rear end in a top hat though. Last car I scrapped got me $600, that's a good chunk of cash.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
I'm quitting drinking for health/personal reasons so I'm probably going to get banned. Oh well, it was a fun ride, TFF goons. Not going to try to get out of this one.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Chichevache posted:

Let's see him donate his tax refund to charity, then I will care.

Seriously Chiche, stop being a dick.

Let a man mourn his lost car.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quit making it awkward to read a very mean man's thoughts okay

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cavauro posted:

Quit making it awkward to read a very mean man's thoughts okay

If another three goons chastise me my heart will grow three sizes this day!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Nobody wants you to get hypertrophic cardiomyopathy :(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'd be okay with it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

YMB posted:

I'm quitting drinking for health/personal reasons so I'm probably going to get banned. Oh well, it was a fun ride, TFF goons. Not going to try to get out of this one.

congrats on your health, sorry about your future ban

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

YMB posted:

Congrats! I think the mods will overlook your toxx for that ;)

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

Parmesan Basil posted:

Congrats! I think the mods will overlook your toxx for that ;)

Probably only if I can reliably prove my sobriety. Looks like I gotta join AA now even though I'm not an alcoholic. Man, this Toxx has taken a turn. Thanks for nothing, Chip. As it stands I'd have to take between 8 and 10 shots in 1 hour... should have seen that coming.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
You get a DUI or something? Most people who attend those meetings who aren't alcoholics are ones who got busted for booze related shenanigans and it's court ordered.

Godspeed.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I've gone to a few AA meetings in my life. They can be hilariously over the top depressing to the point where you want to drink.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

This is what it comes down to: 170 yards against the Raiders. I'm ready for a narrow 24-21 win with 162 yards thrown!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Brb, I'm gonna go kneecap Khalil Mack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Parmesan Basil posted:

This is what it comes down to: 170 yards against the Raiders. I'm ready for a narrow 24-21 win with 162 yards thrown!

what is the funniest way you can lose this?

he's got 100 yards and wins the game on a 70 yard hail mary?

• Locked thread