Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

HarlanHell posted:

Jew: "Hey you can't have your executive card game here!"

Furio to whore "You ever suck his dick."

Whore: "I make that beanie spn baby!"

Jew (shrugs smiles, and agrees to card game.

Don't bitch to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

'You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"His house looked like poo poo"

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
CARMELA CAN YOU PLEASE BUMP THE THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

extra stout posted:

CARMELA CAN YOU PLEASE BUMP THE THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD

I like the kind that says SOME pulp

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

They had PlayStation 2 right in the hotel room!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Kevyn posted:

They had PlayStation 2 right in the hotel room!

That is one of the most accurate portrayals of a boy at that age.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
Tony: "I remember mom arguing with dad about his feeble minded brother but I always thought he was talking about you."

Uncle Junior: :mad:

johnny almond
Apr 20, 2009
MAH PIZZAH NEVA KILL-DA-NO BODY

I PUT MY FOOT UP-AH-THEIR rear end

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Kevyn posted:

A. She was a hoo-er

B. She hit me

... and that wasn't my child she was carrying

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
Uncle Junior played Johnny Ola in The Godfather part 2 :aaa:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Last Buffalo posted:

Didn't he have like a bunch of armed robbery convictions and have ties to the Colombos or something? Also, what was his preferred term to reference black people? Asking for a friend, of course.

I know he had some robbery convictions but from what I always heard his "ties" were the same kind of bullshit "cousin's friend's uncle's neighbor's etc" ties goofballs like him loved to brag about. Right in this thread people were laughing off as ridiculous the notion of watching the sopranos for the mob stuff but my original exposure to the show was through friends who watched every week to see who got whacked. these were the same knuckleheads who bragged about how their second cousin twice removed had the loosest of ties to whatever family and pined for the good old days when it was all about respect etc. As a person with predominantly italian heritage i can say with some certainty that we're a bunch of garbage people with rigut for brains

Oh and of course Tiny Sirico's epithet of choice was "moolie", like everyone else from our area. And "hamster" too, but that was this weird public codeword so you and your buds could be racist whilst outside and outnumbered.

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Oct 21, 2016

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
My dad always loved this joke he had heard as a kid and said it all the time:

Q. what do you call a n***** with cheese on his head?

A. moolinyan parmigian

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Kevyn posted:

I like the kind that says SOME pulp

I never did a full watch of the show growing up, only caught a few episodes, I'm just hitting season 4 now. It's loving crazy how many funny lines are in every episode, and how somehow the product placement is less troubling because when you watch it 15 years later, you almost get nostalgia of the old logos and brands instead of what should be justified hatred of the world. A Nintendo 64 being played by AJ doesn't bother me at all, actually I smiled when I noticed when Tony is in the hospital the first time that he's playing Pokemon Pinball on a limited edition ice blue Gameboy Pocket. I had the same one, got it for my 10th birthday.

Also this is the funniest loving scene ever, not only is Bobby the funniest and kindest character at this point but I actually have had similar conversations with drunk guys who watch a lot of Alex Jones and then try to repeat it at a bar but get all the concepts flipped around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-_XXOv3Jw

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Rumor has it that Bobby had a dildo hanging out of his pants to get this reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1OtWdYXTAQ&t=29s

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011

extra stout posted:

I never did a full watch of the show growing up, only caught a few episodes, I'm just hitting season 4 now. It's loving crazy how many funny lines are in every episode, and how somehow the product placement is less troubling because when you watch it 15 years later, you almost get nostalgia of the old logos and brands instead of what should be justified hatred of the world. A Nintendo 64 being played by AJ doesn't bother me at all, actually I smiled when I noticed when Tony is in the hospital the first time that he's playing Pokemon Pinball on a limited edition ice blue Gameboy Pocket. I had the same one, got it for my 10th birthday.

Also this is the funniest loving scene ever, not only is Bobby the funniest and kindest character at this point but I actually have had similar conversations with drunk guys who watch a lot of Alex Jones and then try to repeat it at a bar but get all the concepts flipped around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-_XXOv3Jw

David Chase claimed they didn't take money for product placement, and used the name brands as a way of bridging the gap between Tony and the real world.

Normally, I'd say that was unlikely, but I can't remember a scene where they use a brand name in a gratuitous way. Even when they're showing off stuff, like the Mercedes dealership or Harry Winston jewelry, there's always an air of empty, vacuous consumption.

Is there a association of Italian meat suppliers? That would explain all the Gabagool.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Gatekeeper posted:

it was no six feet under tho which induces a frenzied crygasm every time

that is no god drat joke

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Last Buffalo posted:

product placement

I believe imports of New Zealand Peaberry coffee increased 2600% and Fountains of Wayne sold...7 more fountains.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Tony loves his honeycomb cereal

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Last Buffalo posted:

Normally, I'd say that was unlikely, but I can't remember a scene where they use a brand name in a gratuitous way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rynqbJ53DBE&t=180s

ROFLburger posted:

that is no god drat joke

I've only seen the series twice. The first time as it aired, and again on DVD showing it to my wife. It's hard to start watching again because you know you're going to have to suffer that ending again. Plus David's carjacking.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo posted:

I've only seen the series twice. The first time as it aired, and again on DVD showing it to my wife. It's hard to start watching again because you know you're going to have to suffer that ending again. Plus David's carjacking.

The hardest part for me is watching Nate granting his dead wife / girlfriend her final wish....

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Last Buffalo posted:

David Chase claimed they didn't take money for product placement, and used the name brands as a way of bridging the gap between Tony and the real world.

Normally, I'd say that was unlikely, but I can't remember a scene where they use a brand name in a gratuitous way. Even when they're showing off stuff, like the Mercedes dealership or Harry Winston jewelry, there's always an air of empty, vacuous consumption.

there's no need to since hbo isn't reliant on ad revenue to begin with

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Last Buffalo posted:

Is there a association of Italian meat suppliers? That would explain all the Gabagool.

The only way I can believe this is if they went for the stock option instead of cash

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
how much does valeria pay to have their steel advertised in game of thrones i wonder, HMMMMMM?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

EVIL NOONER posted:

how much does valeria pay to have their steel advertised in game of thrones i wonder, HMMMMMM?

Before any of this poo poo hit TV I had already invested in Nintendo, Coca-Cola, Mercedes Benz and dragon hatcheries, thanks HBO.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

extra stout posted:

Before any of this poo poo hit TV I had already invested in Nintendo, Coca-Cola, Mercedes Benz and dragon hatcheries, thanks HBO.

av/post combo checks out

naem
May 29, 2011

Watched lots of sopranos and the wire and forgot they are both gritty crime dramas and I feel all gritty now

Going to go watch some adventure time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
THEN WHY AREN'T YOU PEOPLE WALKING AROUND ALL DAY LOOKING FOR PILES OF HORSE poo poo TO STOMP AROUND IN?

• Locked thread