Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Shirai will not be going to WWE according to Meltzer. Concern over her neck injury, along with the fact that WWE is supposedly satisfied with Kairi and Asuka is enough for them. Meaning Shirai will be working the 5* GP with a broken neck.

Stardom's English PR may insist otherwise about the neck but I wouldn't put stock in their statement.

The Observer story makes 0% sense. The only thing I can see that fits somewhat with the timeline is that WWE told Io to get her neck fixed before they'd sign her and she decided against it. If all that was needed was a few weeks rest then WWE would have signed her right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Norwegian Rudo posted:

The Observer story makes 0% sense. The only thing I can see that fits somewhat with the timeline is that WWE told Io to get her neck fixed before they'd sign her and she decided against it. If all that was needed was a few weeks rest then WWE would have signed her right away.

I don't know. This part of the article sticks out to me:

quote:

Nobody has directly said that WWE decided against offering her a contract due to her neck issues that they found in her physicals, but they had stalled on offering her a contract months ago when they found out about the injury while she did her medicals in the U.S. After she did her medicals, WWE wanted her to take time off to rehab her neck. She did that and was just cleared by doctors to return to the ring after her therapy. Then WWE seemingly decided against offering her the deal. While every case is different, WWE has had a general rule of not wanting to bring in new talent that either has concussion issues or neck issues. It also could be that with Kairi Hojo and Asuka they already have two Japanese women and had discovered more women from other nationalities that they wanted to sign from the Mae Young Classic. Even though most would say Shirai was better than Hojo or Asuka, timing is everything in this business.

It's true that WWE has a tendency to handle neck/concussion issues on a case by case basis. Kairi apparently has a history of concussions and got signed. I'm really not going to blame any party (at least more than the other) here, but I will note that both STARDOM and WWE are at fault here (I can't really blame Io for this, to be honest). WWE for being indecisive this long, and STARDOM for lashing out at people for saying that Shirai really shouldn't be working. Because if she was working while she was supposed to be rehabbing her neck, I'd wager STARDOM pressured her into it, and that would probably put her in a bad light, at least in WWE's eyes. Even if she has been cleared to wrestle, it's still bad optics.

Regardless, I feel bad for Mayu in this situation, who is probably going to get bumped back down the card. Again.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 3, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Well done video:

https://twitter.com/QoSBaszler/status/893138779510161408

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
#ShaynaSexual

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can't wait for her to debut on the main roster and Vince to make sure she never sounds that likeable or relatable ever again.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
She's going to be taken very well care of at least until Stephanie can get a win of Rhonda Rousey, because you KNOW that's why she's here I. The first place.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCzWZ0kp_IY

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know I'm mad late to the party but GLOW is really good. Like, I'm generally blown away by getting actual modern wrestlers to play retro wrestlers and getting like... Allison Brie... to do real wrestling moves.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

I know I'm mad late to the party but GLOW is really good. Like, I'm generally blown away by getting actual modern wrestlers to play retro wrestlers and getting like... Allison Brie... to do real wrestling moves.

Wrestling is like an addictive drug. It's bad for you, but once you get hooked on it...

Oh my God! What's Allison Brie doing in the Impact zone!

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
GLOW is so good that even Alex Riley had a fun part in it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

The TV Guide website has this great article on the one-woman wrestling scene.

Kate Dennis, director posted:

This move was tricky and we were careful to not have to do it too many times. I'd say Alison did it a total of about eight times. About twice per set-up (or shot). At no point did Alison say, 'actually this quite hurts. Can we only do it a few times?' She was extraordinary. I had to talk to [wrestling choreographer] Chavo and our stunt supervisor to get a true sense of the pain the move could cause if we did it too many times.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

DM Punk posted:

GLOW is so good that even Alex Riley had a fun part in it.

And Brooke Hogan!

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

And Brooke Hogan!

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize she was the lady in the nightclub they were gonna rent!

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Qoey posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize she was the lady in the nightclub they were gonna rent!

Might be because she looks 50.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Might be because she looks 50.

she was married to Hulk, dude.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jessicka havok and ivelisse advanced in the aaw title tournament

i liked ivelisse v sam heights a fair amount. ivelisse threw a bunch of suplexes which you dont see enough in womens matches

britt baker vs candice lerae and allysin kay vs rachel ellering on the next lasalle show which is 10/7 i believe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Ivelisse is really good at wrestling, her theme fuckin rocks. Just stop posting on social, lady.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

coconono posted:

Ivelisse is really good at wrestling, her theme fuckin rocks. Just stop posting on social, lady.

She's still a garbage person who has slept with boyfriends of other women wrestlers and intentionally hurt opponents in the past.

So, yeah, gently caress her.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

DM Punk posted:

She's still a garbage person who has slept with boyfriends of other women wrestlers and intentionally hurt opponents in the past.

So, yeah, gently caress her.

Sounds like those other women wrestlers got better boyfriends out of the deal. Ivelisse is very helpful.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Sounds like those other women wrestlers got better boyfriends out of the deal. Ivelisse is very helpful.

Don't Trust the B in Indy Fed 23

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Kairi is cool and good.

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/895330476457476096

I'm glad she's enjoying herself over here so far.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

she was married to Hulk, dude.

Brooke. Not Linda.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Who the hell has Ivileese supposedly slept with? News to me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Your daddy. Father

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Qoey posted:

I didn't even know until LaToya Ferguson (the AV Club reviewer) pointed it out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/894438280254464001 https://twitter.com/WWE/status/894981854427611136 https://twitter.com/WWE/status/895042106942570496

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Is that voice and backstory a gimmick from Sara Logan? I never heard her speak before so maybe its not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, it's all for the NXT gimmick.

She has an accent in Crazy Mary videos but not like that.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 11, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Is that voice and backstory a gimmick from Sara Logan? I never heard her speak before so maybe its not.

She has had a speech impediment since childhood. Also, she has a Southern drawl and child like way about her.

I know a WWE wrestler who only knew her as "this deathmatch girl" and thought sincerely she was showing signs of concussion issues but that isn't the situation just that's how she is.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
GLOW Season 2 announced. Hopefully more than 10 episodes this time

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Gaz-L posted:

Brooke. Not Linda.

same thing

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-VMB9FeppA

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

DM Punk posted:

GLOW Season 2 announced. Hopefully more than 10 episodes this time

Nope, still ten. :(

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
It's possibly just because I'm British, but 10 episodes a season seems like the perfect length for things like this.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8gaYdBOQNQ

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"a place in Reseda California" haha

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

thats the most ive ever heard candice speak

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is Candice Canadian or was that an early gimmick? Various websites claim both.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Is Candice Canadian or was that an early gimmick? Various websites claim both.

She is not Canadian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

She is not Canadian.

But you can heard it in her accent no?