Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

The leaders of the Free world :suicide:

Capybara tax

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

The leaders of the Free world :suicide:

Bojo at least has a sense of humor about how utter poo poo he is.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

I'm looking forward to bringing her up to my autistic son tonight, it's really great that she's open about being on the spectrum and it will be good to have an example to show him that "no you aren't unique and yes you can be successful at things, just because you are different doesn't mean that you are broken." I mean I've told him that in the past but it'll be useful to have a real example to show him. Though knowing him he'll try to twist it into an excuse to not go to school :)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/DanLinden/status/1176530261770530821

it's happening, folks

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AndyBCampbell/status/1176326615242104834?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how do you even do satire.

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1176510130013298688

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Is Lewis just coming on board now?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
God willing I am going to see another Republican shitbag President get impeached and driven out of office.

As painfully slow as this process is it feels alot like what happened to Nixon. His supporters were hanging in there until suddenly... they weren't.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

Half of Louisiana's Co2 is surely cigarette smokers doing it everywhere.

Nah, it's all the chemical processing plants & oil refineries. I worked in AQ for over a decade & Louisiana's DEQ is full-on loving garbage.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/Robillard/status/1176529587070746624

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

God willing I am going to see another Republican shitbag President get impeached and driven out of office.

As painfully slow as this process is it feels alot like what happened to Nixon. His supporters were hanging in there until suddenly... they weren't.

Yeah but who is that first crack in the drat?

Mitt or Rubio?

No one in the house obviously.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ripoff posted:

Okay, by that same logic, gun owners who lock up their guns in safes or choose not to have a gun at all have almost no impact on gun violence or suicides. Let’s ask someone who had a family member commit suicide by pistol about re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Telling people there’s nothing they can do to help and that they shouldn’t change anything is like piling the loving deck chairs in front of an exit leading to a lifeboat.

Telling people their individual consumer choices don't really matter to climate change (a true statement) and "telling people there's nothing they can do to help" are not the same.

Either it's political action or extralegal action at this point. That's your options. They aren't pleasant.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Ripoff posted:

Are you just trying to make yourself feel better because you drive a huge truck 80 miles to work round trip and you burn coal to heat your house, or something?

I commute 20 minutes, once a week!

To an airport where I fly planes for rich assholes all week :smith:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Last night it was 153

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1176529928143200256

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
e: I'm wrong, n/m

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Nah, it's all the chemical processing plants & oil refineries. I worked in AQ for over a decade & Louisiana's DEQ is full-on loving garbage.

Jindal was a horrific governor.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is Lewis just coming on board now?

Pretty much, he was surprisingly noncommittal until recently.

Politico (ugh) story from 9/12/2019

quote:

Rep. John Lewis has called Donald Trump an illegitimate leader and boycotted his inauguration, but he's remained conspicuously silent on demands for the president's impeachment.

Despite his silence, advocates for Trump's removal see the civil rights icon — a man Democrats describe as the conscience of their caucus — as a singularly powerful potential ally, one of the last publicly undecided lawmakers who could change the calculus inside the Democratic caucus. And Lewis himself says an announcement on impeachment is almost at hand.

Story goes onto say Lewis probably wouldn't make a push for impeachment unless he had Pelosi's blessing which, to be honest I don't know how true that is, but more importantly apparently a lot of members of the Congressional Black Caucus have been waiting for him to make a move. If true, it's going to be more than just him declaring for impeachment.

FizFashizzle posted:

Mitt or Rubio?

Neither, they're both spineless cowards. Rubio just thinks he can poo poo out bible verses randomly and Romney is Romney.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

That's 75% publicly. It gonna happen.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Mitt or Rubio?

Def not Rubio. Mitt I could possibly see, since he has done more to oppose Trump than almost any other Republican in Congress (which is to say, he has done ALMOST nothing to oppose him instead of ABSOLUTELY nothing). I dunno....maybe like Ben Sasse or some other young-ish opportunist that thinks this will be good in the long run for their career?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

Telling people their individual consumer choices don't really matter to climate change (a true statement)

Again, no, that isn't a true statement.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FizFashizzle posted:

Mitt or Rubio?

Maximum comedy would be Graham (correctly) seeing he could get more camera-time being the face of the GOP impeachment supporters.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Donald Trump will never be removed from office by impeachment because Republicans have strapped themselves to him in a suicide pact, but that isn't the point.

By holding Impeachment hearings you are A) holding him accountable and B) Energizing the Democratic base by laying out his crimes

It is absolutely the right thing to do even though Republicans will never vote to remove because they are all bunch of fascists boot-lickers.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Skex posted:

I'm looking forward to bringing her up to my autistic son tonight, it's really great that she's open about being on the spectrum and it will be good to have an example to show him that "no you aren't unique and yes you can be successful at things, just because you are different doesn't mean that you are broken." I mean I've told him that in the past but it'll be useful to have a real example to show him. Though knowing him he'll try to twist it into an excuse to not go to school :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/HuffPostCanada/status/1176499068803137536

You are a good parent :)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

That's 75% publicly. It gonna happen.

My rep Castro has informed me that Friday is a green light.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
That's extremely perplexing to me that someone like John Lewis of all people wasn't one of the very first on board for impeachment.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Haha, Pelosi is waiting for 236 Democratic House Members to support impeachment before she'll budge.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

Mitt or Rubio?

The pro-fascism elites will be promising Rubio a tea-party style Chud primarying him the moment his lips leave Trump’s rear end. Same goes for Senator Bitch-rear end-The-Blobfish, Ted Cruz.

Edit:

Arglebargle III posted:

Telling people their individual consumer choices don't really matter to climate change (a true statement) and "telling people there's nothing they can do to help" are not the same.

Either it's political action or extralegal action at this point. That's your options. They aren't pleasant.

I agree it’s not going to be pleasant, but change on this scale rarely is. I just argue that waiting for climate change to make this planet inhospitable would be much more painful in the long run for everyone. If you think fascism is bad now, imagine what it looks like when people are hungry and supplies are running low. We’ll see literal advocation for culling the human population. Even in the second option, I’d rather see a drone blowing up a fracking facility than to have death-squads marching through and massacring the poor.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 24, 2019

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

ColdPie posted:

Again, no, that isn't a true statement.

I mean, if your definition of individual choice is that it will inspire mass change somehow, I don't know what to tell you. Your individual choices are several layers of rounding errors below meaningful action.

There are 901 users browsing this forum. If everyone here stopped driving, stopped flying, and stopped eating meat it wouldn't matter. In contrast, the People's Will group that killed Czar Alexander II was made up of only about 500 members.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 24, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

Maximum comedy would be Graham (correctly) seeing he could get more camera-time being the face of the GOP impeachment supporters.

Only of he’s retiring.

South Carolina loves trump so much they cancelled their primary so he couldn’t be challenged to a debate by mark sanford.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don’t know if you know this, but modern society is made up of people like you and me, and if enough people get together and do a Thing then society changes.
If the slave owners knew the South would be devastated by war, why didn't they simply stop owning slaves?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ripoff posted:

The pro-fascism elites will be promising Rubio a tea-party style Chud primarying him the moment his lips leave Trump’s rear end. Same goes for Senator Bitch-rear end-The-Blobfish, Ted Cruz.

Rubio isn’t up until 2022. It’s only a problem if trump wins re-election.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ok, so let's say they actually go forward with impeachment.

How long would it take from the time they announce they're moving forward til the time he's actually, officially impeached?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Nonsense posted:

Half of Louisiana's Co2 is surely cigarette smokers doing it everywhere.

gently caress me, yeah it is. People smoke everywhere, all the time, and don't give half a care if you point out the "no smoking within 25 feet of the premises" signs business had put up in accordance with a law intended to protect workers. People walk out of the ER to smoke in the goddamn hospital entrance, blocking access and getting their cancer smoke in the faces of cancer patients trying to get in.

Of course the real reason is our self-destructive love affair with unregulated chemical industries creating cancer belts Baton Rouge won't do anything about because "think of the jobs!", but the smoking is a huge problem too.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
AOC comes out as a qanon follower! :tinfoil:
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1176533166686908418

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How long would it take from the time they announce they're moving forward til the time he's actually, officially impeached?

if they were smart they'd make it go on through the election.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The sound of former Trump cultists tap-dancing to avoid being held accountable once their orange leader falls is going to be deafening.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Long enough that there's a good chance he gets voted out before the investigation finishes. In which case it will have served its purpose anyway. And at that point he loses his various immunities and his control over the DOJ so it can transition to a normal criminal investigation.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

What part are you talking about

Inquiry? By next week, probably.

Impeachment vote? Depends on the strategy. At least months.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

if they were smart they'd make it go on through the election.

Also I don't think there's a rigid timetable for these sorts of hearings, but I don't know for certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"why aren't we listening to the scientists instead of a child?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCSnKNoyWtw