Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

There is a lot of doom and gloom in this thread, so I will remind you all that the mighty Florida Gators are undefeated and in the top ten. :toot:

on the flip side, UF is paying Trump Jr and his girlfriend 50k to talk for a few minutes so we should just saw the whole state off into the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

on the flip side, UF is paying Trump Jr and his girlfriend 50k to talk for a few minutes so we should just saw the whole state off into the ocean.

I mean, its a total ripoff (and gently caress those silver spoon assholes) but as was pointed out on Twitter, it’s 80k less than they paid Pitbull lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dale'

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Named after the shittiest city in Colorado

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

Until Auburn windsocks our assholes Saturday afternoon.

Auburn gave Spurrier and Meyer trouble, too. :sigh: Although I did attend a game in The Swamp where SpurDog blew them out something like 35-0 at halftime. That was fun.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Auburn gave Spurrier and Meyer trouble, too. :sigh: Although I did attend a game in The Swamp where SpurDog blew them out something like 35-0 at halftime. That was fun.

Auburn has always been a thorn in our side. I'm still pissed at that 01 loss at Jordan-Hare in the loving swirling wind and rain. I was on a Vilano Beach fall break trip and got loving waaaaasted watching that one.

I think we were the only team capable of challenging Miami that year--just couldn't get past Auburn and that 9/11 delayed Travis Stephens game against UT (:barf:).

Our pass rush is good and we might be able to put the screws to the run game but our DBs are loving terrible. I think Henderson and Zuniga are back this week so maybe that will help, but I'm not sure how the hell we score in the first place :shrug:.

Has potential to get ugly for us.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wasn't there a thing where this bird was stolen fairly recently or am I imagining that?

Also when the 'watch this' games go bad we're screwed this week:

https://twitter.com/thejasonkirk/status/1179736506111582211

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Why would a Minnesota game be a must watch? My friend is hosting an illinois watch party for the game and I can't understand why it would be interesting in any way

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

It is a pretty weak evening of games, although Georgia/Tennessee might have comic value.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Why would a Minnesota game be a must watch? My friend is hosting an illinois watch party for the game and I can't understand why it would be interesting in any way

Minnesota is kind of fun. Their receivers are awesome and they play only close games. Also it’s a maybe watch, not a must watch.

MSU-OSU being a maybe is disrespectful! We’re probably going to get smoked but you never know!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

MSU-OSU being a maybe is disrespectful! We’re probably going to get smoked but you never know!

Agreeing with this. I don't think MSU can hang with OSU at all and my call is 30-3 OSU. But it'll be interesting to see how MSU's defense can contain OSU.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

Every Minnesota game this year has been a one score game that came down to the final few minutes. Though they did finally manage to go into the 4th quarter with a lead last week for the first time all season.

Basically they are probably the worst undefeated team in the country by a pretty wide margin and every game is an opportunity to see if this is the week they finally fall off the ridiculous tight rope they've been walking. Especially because the schedule sets up in a way that makes them being the worst 8-0 team of all time a real possibility.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Minnesota is kind of fun. Their receivers are awesome and they play only close games. Also it’s a maybe watch, not a must watch.

Y'all are gonna be down by like 4 TDs at half man sorry

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

washington/stanford is going to either be a husky blowout or an awful slog; i can’t imagine wanting to watch it for any reason

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Declan MacManus posted:

washington/stanford is going to either be a husky blowout or an awful slog; i can’t imagine wanting to watch it for any reason

It'll be worth watching UW win when it's paired with Oregon losing.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LLCoolJD posted:

It is a pretty weak evening of games, although Georgia/Tennessee might have comic value.

On the yahoo pick-em Tenn-UGA is Off(0) which is the easiest pick ever.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

CannonFodder posted:

On the yahoo pick-em Tenn-UGA is Off(0) which is the easiest pick ever.

I don’t know why they’ve had so many off lines this year. Seems like they have one at deadline every week that everybody else already has a line for.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Wasn't there a thing where this bird was stolen fairly recently or am I imagining that?

Also when the 'watch this' games go bad we're screwed this week:

https://twitter.com/thejasonkirk/status/1179736506111582211

I'm pretty sure that Florida and Auburn is a 12:30 PM kick now unless ESPN's app is loving with me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh my God I'm a loving idiot never mind I'm on the west coast for a conference and the app did the time change in it lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Y'all are gonna be down by like 4 TDs at half man sorry

I have a deeply traumatized Ohio State fan friend who insists this is their landmine game, whereas I feel like it'll probably be 2017 again.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

LLCoolJD posted:

There is a lot of doom and gloom in this thread, so I will remind you all that the mighty Florida Gators are undefeated and in the top ten. :toot:

that doesn't help, OP

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah, it was Army doing the "steal the mascot" thing.

quote:

In November, Aurora suffered injuries to both wings when she was abducted by West Point cadets in a prank gone wrong ahead of the Air Force-Army game. Army and Navy have a long tradition of stealing each other's mascots ahead of games, but no one had previously been able to take an Air Force falcon.

Two West Point cadets took Aurora and another Air Force falcon, threw sweaters over them and stuffed them into dog crates, the school's falconry team adviser told The New York Times last year. The cadets turned over the birds the next morning, with Aurora's wings bloodied -- likely from thrashing inside the crate.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27755074/air-force-academy-23-year-old-falcon-mascot-aurora-dies

I'll have to ask my brother (who's a West Point alum) what the fallout was. He was of the opinion at the time that these goobers would be kicked out of the academy.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Looking forward to watching Nebraska lose to Northwestern myself

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

mactheknife posted:

that doesn't help, OP

Macaulay Culkin and company will hang 50 on the Gators.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

LLCoolJD posted:

Macaulay Culkin and company will hang 50 on the Gators.

this helps a little but not much

spent the entire State game wondering if it should be making me worried about playing Auburn or not worried in the least about State

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

vyst posted:

Oh my God I'm a loving idiot never mind I'm on the west coast for a conference and the app did the time change in it lol

Technology is a blessing and a curse. I get screwed by this quite frequently from living in mountain time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mactheknife posted:

this helps a little but not much

spent the entire State game wondering if it should be making me worried about playing Auburn or not worried in the least about State

Auburn's defense is really good but also I'm pretty sure Mississippi St sucks after their entire defense went to the NFL last year. The timing of Mullen leaving really sucked for them, I think they could have been a NY6 type team with him, but Fitzgerald was useless in an offense that needs to QB to be something other than a glorified fullback.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Go Pirates!

That is all.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

MourningView posted:

Auburn's defense is really good but also I'm pretty sure Mississippi St sucks after their entire defense went to the NFL last year. The timing of Mullen leaving really sucked for them, I think they could have been a NY6 type team with him, but Fitzgerald was useless in an offense that needs to QB to be something other than a glorified fullback.

And yet A&M is still going to find a way to lose to MSU for the fourth year in a row.

This is why I drink.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am going to personally arrest northwestern offensive coordinator mick mccall

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am going to personally arrest northwestern offensive coordinator mick mccall

Every defender in the big 10 beat you to it, man.

No seriously, that offense rivals last year’s Sparty and that year Rutgers tried to go pro style for worst scheme in recent memory. What happened to the spread innovators guys. Go hire Bob Stitt or something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Loved the commentator cracking up at that package and going "They held the game for that?"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the extremely southeastern conference

FSU
UF
Miami
Georgia
GT
USF
UCF
SCAR
Clemson
that one Georgia school that beat UF
Auburn
Alabama

make this happen

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheGreyGhost posted:

Every defender in the big 10 beat you to it, man.

No seriously, that offense rivals last year’s Sparty and that year Rutgers tried to go pro style for worst scheme in recent memory. What happened to the spread innovators guys. Go hire Bob Stitt or something.

bob stitt is bad now people need to learn the name of a new low level coach

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Randaconda posted:

the extremely southeastern conference

FSU
UF
Miami
Georgia
GT
USF
UCF
SCAR
Clemson