Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Gerald looked at him, he was taken aback how honest Damocles was, he’s a demon don’t trust him. His mind seemed to scream. Gerald thought back to his husband, to his wife. They were trusting people. She would find stray demons in alleys, in labs, all sorts of places. She’d take them home, and Gerald would work with them to keep them happy in their final moments. With food and money they hung around for days. They always had such amazing stories to tell, Gerald smiled as he thought about those simpler times, the three of them hanging out on a patio nursing a demon in their town house. It was a happy moment when they finally faded, finding peace in their last hours returning to the swirling void they came from.

It was mentioned earlier he was part of a triad, Gerald is bi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Huh. Must have missed that.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Voting and questions are now closed i have my starbucks and I'm ready to write.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
...gently caress, am I really considering this? Gerald slowly stood up and looked at Stephanie. “Ok, look if you want to learn how to control magic, and become Real mages, you’re going to have to trust me.” Oh my god I’m really doing this, “First thing first though, I’m a scab, do you know what that means?” Stephanie and Karen look at each other, Karen points her gun at the floor, “It means you cross picket lines I guess?” Gerald groaned, “It means I’m a practicing mage without a license, my teaching doesn’t come with a certificate of completion, technically I’m not legally allowed to teach or work with magic. All mages in this country have to be registered eventually, and honestly, you want that. If your powers are as strong as you say they are, you’d do great there.” Gerald rubbed his temples, “Can you turn the magic back on, we’re not going too, oh what the gently caress is that?!” Gerald said pointing at the man strapped into the altar. His skin started bubbling and expanding, his flesh slowly bursting as grey fluid poured over the altar. “OH gently caress!” Stephanie rapidly started pressing buttons on her console, but it seemed to be too late, the once customer oozed onto the floor a dim light shining through the ooze bits.

“God Damnit.” Stephanie started banging on her console angrily, “Why does that keep happening?!” She pressed another button and vents opened around the altar, absorbing the ooze, leaving behind a small glowing rock that she picked up, opened a drawer filled with glowing rocks and threw it in with them. “How man-” Gerald looks around “How the fu- How many loving times has that happened?! You have a drawer of glowing rocks.” Stephanie looked a bit sheepish. “Like… I don’t know 3 or 4 times a day? The new SteKa fluid we’re using is supposed to be more efficient, but it’s got a much higher failure rate.”

Gerald looked at them agape, “You’re killing 3 to 4 people a day?! What are you thinking?!” Stephanie looks at him and winced slightly at his words, “I’m doing science, we’re doing science.” Gerald walked over to her “You are killing people. You want to learn how to use your magic, well first lesson is this. Do not kill people. It attracts dark poo poo, like the ghouls, or worse! The stench of murdering people clings to your soul, Hella, one of the lowest rank demons I can summon could literally smell you from 3 football fields away.You have no idea what you’re doing, you’re playing with forces you do not understand, and while it’s very impressive what you’ve done so far, it’s also loving bonkers. You got to be a mage, it’s time to cut this poo poo out and run, before your mom and Theta Technologies decide you are more trouble than you are worth.”

Karen stepped in, “They’re slated for execution, so technically it’s not murder.” Gerald whirled around at Karen who reflexively pointed her gun at him. “Yes, Karen, Yes it is still technically murder. You’re not executioners, or licensed mages, you have no research licensing, and even if you did you don’t get to just kill people. Even if the state was going to be killing them anyways, come on guys. Get real.” Stephanie looked over at Karen who shrugged. “Turn the magic back on please.”

Stephanie flicked a few buttons on, and the barrier dropped. Gerald stepped to the gate and waved for Hella and Damocles. “Ok… ok… ok… We need to hide and let this blow over. I see a few ways we can do this, but all of it, every single last option involves destroying this place, no ifs ands or buts.

Karen looked at Stephanie, Karen was the first to speak up, “You’ll teach us… How to do magic, like how to stop random poo poo from happening around us?” Stephanie was not pleased, “I’m not turning our back on this,” Gerald looked at her, “You want to learn from me? You want to learn how to control magic, you’re gonna need to cut this poo poo out. Take your research, as much as you want but this lab, this place? Has to go. I have a few ideas to get us out of this mess, take your pick.”

A.) We rig the lab to blow, and use magic to make a couple of the corpses look like you, I bring the bodies back to your mom and hopefully get paid for finding you, we use the $125,000 to rent out a studio for a while and we start doing magic lessons.

Karen nodded, “I don’t trust Stephanie’s mom, I don’t want her to be involved in… all of this,” Stephanie nods as well, “Mom will be pissed that we went with another buyer with our research, lord knows what she’ll do to Karen to get me to behave.” Gerald chimed in, “I don’t know Ambrosia that well, but she seems to be genuinely concerned for her family, which brings me to our 2nd option.”

B.) We rig the lab to blow, and use magic to make a couple of these corpses look like you. I bring you back to your mom, together all 5 of us tell your mom to pay for finding you and then we walk out. I don’t think she keeps a mage on the staff or else she would have hired them instead of me. The plus side, we’re guaranteed to get the 125k, but we risk seriously pissing her off when we take off. (Betrayal B: We don’t help them escape, and let their mom do whatever with them, and we just leave after getting paid.)

Both Karen and Stephanie shake their heads, “Like I side, I just don’t trust Mom not to try and get us under her thumb, especially if she learns about our awakening.” Karen chimed in, “Getting into a fight with her mom would be fun though, and with 5 of us it’s not like there’s much we could do.

C.) We rig the lab to blow, and use magic to make a couple of these corpses look like you. I bring the bodies to Emmet’s bar at The Singing Sorcerer, and get paid 200k, we then find a place to lay low with the money. The downsides of this as far as I’m concerned, word gets out to your mom that I killed you guys, putting my life in danger. Stil we get a little extra cash, and Emmet will stop sending bounty hunters.

Stephanie laughed, “Emmet doesn’t even know our real names, why are you worried about him,” Karen giggled as well, “Is he still broken up about his precious Lonny” Gerald felt his hackles rise, “Because I counted 5 mages with, if you remember my little math lesson from earlier, is like 5% of all the mages in the entire city, and it only took me 4 days to find you, and that was using clues They gave me. They know about this place, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they staked it out and are planning their own little raid. I can not kill 5 full-blooded healthy mages, I just can’t.”

D.) We rig the lab to blow, use magic to make these corpses look like the three of us, and just disappear. We have no money, but we don’t have to lie to anyone, and everyone involved in this momumental gently caress up thinks we’re dead. We won’t have any money, and I’ll have lost my tent (not the first time,) but ultimately we’re off scott free, if everyone thinks we’re dead we’ll be off on our own.

Both Stephanie and Karen grimaced, “Where would we stay?” Karen asked, Gerald mildly shrugged, “We’ll find a place to set up our tent that’s in the wilderness somewhere. You’d be surprised how well you can live when you’re using magic to fuel your nomadic lifestyle.

Gerald didn’t say the last two options he was thinking

E.) Kill Karen with Damocles and Hella, kidnap Stephanie and bring her kicking and screaming back to her mother, who hopefully puts a stop to all this bullshit for good. At least he’d definitely get paid for his work.

F.) Kill Karen and Stephanie, bring the corpses back to Emmet get paid, and try not to think about how loving awful this job was.

G.) Write-in this is always an option.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
G. Rig the lab to blow, actually 'accidentally' blow them up too. Get cash from mother, if possible. Get cash from Emmett if possible. Try and ignore this whole terrible ordeal.

They and their research are basically a WMD pointed at the world and can't be allowed to go wild.

Edit: changed my vote

Outrail fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 1, 2020

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

E

I have no sympathy for these girls AT ALL

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This vote is a little different, I forgot to mention this sorry.

Any vote for Secret B, E, F, or any G write in that involves killing the girls, will count as a vote for "Kill the Psychopaths"

Any vote for A, B, C, or D, or any write in that doesn't involve killing the girls, will count as a vote for "Train the fledgling mages" which ever has a plurality in the winning category will be the option chosen.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
G2:

1. Rig lab to blow with faked corpses.
2. Get cash from Emmett first with faked corpses.
3. Get cash from mother with actual women (Betrayal Option B).
4. GTFO & Profit

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Lux Animus posted:

G2:

1. Rig lab to blow with faked corpses.
2. Get cash from Emmett first with faked corpses.
3. Get cash from mother with actual women (Betrayal Option B).
4. GTFO & Profit

This^^^

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
This lab and the research are loving abominations. I have zero empathy for their hubris.

G2 try to cash out twice, destroy everything. Lady Ambrosia knows about this poo poo. We're going to royally piss her off when we melt this all down.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
“Alright, there’s a way for me to still make a little money out of this whole poo poo show, so I’m going to fake a couple of corpses to look like you.”

Stephanie piped up, “I’m not letting you blow up my lab.”

Gerald looked over at Hella and Damocles, “Stephanie, we were evenly matched when you had a shotgun to my loving head, and turned my powers off, and cut me off from my demons. Then, because you have no idea what you’re doing outside of the incredibly impressive research, you removed all of those obstacles, just lowered your defenses because I talked at you. You…” Gerald scratched the back of his head, “I feel like this is a little unfair, you’re obviously not in your right minds, I don’t think these experiments have done the best for your… Cognitive abilities.”

Stephanie looked like she just been slapped in the face.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m going to be taking control over now.” Gerald pointed one hand at the console, and blue flames erupted around it, melting it to a small puddle of metal. “Also all of your guards are dead… And all of the people your mom hired are dead. Do you see where I’m getting at here.”

Stephanie’s eyes went a little wide, and Karen lifted up her gun, Damocles grabbed it and ripped it out of her hands, “Nuh uh… Sorry” Damocles repeatedly cocked the shotgun until all of the shells were littered on the floor.

Gerald was mumbling more to himself, “Could have gone worse… Could have definitely gone worse… Stephanie, now Stephanie don’t lie to me about this, did you have enough time to grab your research.”
Stephanie shook her head no, “Alright, that’s good, let’s… Let’s keep it that way, sorry if I seem a little out of it, you almost killed me. This is the third time this week, so I’m starting to wonder if I’m just a bit unlucky or what.”

Gerald grabbed two of the closest guards and stripped them down. Hella looked up at Karen and Stephanie and growled menacingly, a low purring whine like a jet engine starting up. “I need a hair from each of them.” Damocles plucked a hair from Karen, and then Stephanie. Who tried to bat his hand aside, but instead just had her hand bounce off his.

Damocles handed Gerald the strands of hair, and Gerald pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket, he lit it on fire, and put the strand of hair in the resulting blaze, dropping each pile of money and burning hair onto each corpse. The corpse shriveled and dessicated, the bones crinkled and cracked with vicious snapping sounds as they reformed themselves to look like Karen and Stephanie. Gerald grabbed his knife, and started to hack at the dried sinew to get the heads off of the bodies, and threw them into a burlap sack.

Then he walked over to Stephanie, “Now I don’t want to seem rude, but you’re an untrained mage, and quite frankly, I don’t need the kind of problems a freshly awakened creates. So you’re going to be taking a nap.”

Stephanie scoffed, “I will be doing no such thing.”

Gerald pulled out more money from his pocket, and whispered “Sleep…” into the bills sending what looked like sand flowing towards Stephanie and Karen who slowly collapsed to the ground. “Right that’s handled then, Damocles, gently take the girls outside, Hella if you could grab some of the surrounding corpses and place them around in here, I’ll help as well.

Gerald, Hella, and Damocles staged every left over corpse strategically around the warehouse labratory. Gerald breathed in deeply and ex-sanguinated one of the corpses with magic, and used the blood to create a thin line connecting all of the corpses. As the blood poured the room smelled with death, and a few ghouls started to gather.

“Gerald, we might have a problem.” Damocles yelled as he stood over the girls outside.

Gerald looked around at the ghouls that stared at him, licking their lips and sighed, nothing is ever easy. “Hopefully the fire scares them off.”

He stood at the front doors, and put his fingers to the thin line of blood connecting all of the piles of corpses. The building caught fire almost immediately flames climbing up the walls and sides. Gerald whistled for Damocles and Hella, who collected the two girls, and bolted from the warehouse as it started to buckle, and several loud booms were heard from the inside. The doors of the warehouse buckled in and the whole thing started to tumble inwards, with bright green and purple flames reaching up from the inside. There was a loud hissing noise as the various fluids bubble and boil.

The ghouls started salivating, and ran into the building, not noticing as the flames peeled at their blackening skin. Many more showed up, and soon there was a cavalcade of ghouls rushing into the building making the flames grow higher and higher. At first there were 3 or 4 coming in at a time, but soon the trickle turned into a raging river, as hundreds of ghouls threw themselves into the bonfire to get at the promising smell of hissing flesh.

Gerald climbed into one of the cars parked on the street outside of the warehouse, and jammed a folded up 20$ into the ignition, and tried to turn the car on. He felt an unusual amount of force, and realized the key wasn’t budging. He was going to have to modify his spell for this newer car. “Damocles, do you see anything less fancy that we could steal instead?” Damocles placed the girls in the back seat of the now unlocked car and started walking up and down the road. “No not really.” Gerald cussed quietly to himself, I really don’t want to have to explain any of this to the police he thought, as he looked at the demons, the bag of dead people heads,the two unconscious women in the backseat, and the snapping inferno in front of him. Gerald openned up his phone and went to a paysite MagicLeech. He started typing in the name and model of the car and “Ignition” into the search bar as quickly as he could, and groaned at the exorbitant $1,000 price fee. He tapped on the spell, and paid the fee to get it his phone transforming to accept the bills, he screenshotted the changes from his spell this key spell used and added it to his phone’s grimoire.

He unfolded the 20$ bill and refolded it into the new configuration and slammed it into the car’s ignition. The vehicle turned on and the lights went in. Gerald honked the horn for Damocles, who hopped into the passenger’s seat, with Hella sitting on his lap. Damocles lowered the window and Hella stuck her head outside of it, as they travelled down the street. Gerald could hear distant sirens and left the culdesac mere moments before the police officers, fire department, and a few unmarked black vehicles sped down the street heading right where Gerald had been.

Gerald drove the stolen car to Majesty Ambrosia’s tower, and The Doorman looked positively brimming with joy when he walked in with Damocles, who had the two girls thrown over his shoulders like particularly unwieldy sacks of potatoes.

“Well, I do say, it’s absolutely marvelous to see Stephanie alive and well, I will call her mother, and let her know you’re waiting for her.” The Doorman looked over at Stephanie and Karen who were limp and unconscious in Damocles arms, “They… Are alive are they not?”

Gerald rolled his eyes, “Yes they’re alive, I’m looking to get paid, and I’m not in the business of murdering children. Even homicidal sociopathic ones deserve the right to live a long and healthy life.”

After a few minutes, Gerald, Damocles, and Hella were allowed into the elevator.

Together everyone stepped into Majesty Ambrosia’s office, and Damocles dropped the women unceremoniously onto a couch piling them hap hazardly onto each other.

“Well, I did it,” Gerald said, looking Majesty Ambrosia in the eyes, “It took me 4 days, I almost died 3 times, but I did it, I got your stupid, lovely, bratty kid back. I am even faking their deaths for you, to get them out of the contract with Theta Technologies,” Gerald was trying his best to remain calm. “It cost all of your men their lives, it cost all of their guards from this big fancy corporation their lives. It cost who knows how many local mages a rare and somewhat important breed some would say, their lives. Their entire lab, and all of their research? Gone, blown up in a mixture of a super inferno and weird goo monsters, which I’m sure you know about, and a full on ghoul invasion into the heart of the city.”

Majesty looked Gerald up and down, “Well I only have one thing to say. Good Job, you’ve done exactly how I’ve asked, faster than I expected, and I think you deserve your full pay.”

“Of course I deserve my full pay, I’m the best goddamn wizard this city has ever seen. It better not be a check neither I don’t exactly keep a bank account.” Gerald snapped.

Ambrosia pulled out a small suit case and openned it up, inside were ten $10,000 bill packs, folded up with a paper band, each stack of hundreds easily countable. “There would have been a bonus if you had been able to acquire said research,” She started, but Gerald cut her off.

“That research needed to be destroyed, it would have destroyed the wizarding world, and honestly it wasn’t that effective. Also, something you need to know.” Majesty Ambrosia raised an eyebrow at Gerald, “They’re both awakened. They’re gonna need a teacher, a Licensed teacher, one that can get them trained and registered.”

“Very Good Mr. Augustus,” Ambrosia said, respect now entering her voice for the first time since they met. “I’m going to allow you to stay here as long as you need to get your own place, and ontop of that, I would like you to seriously consider being brought on as our Magician’s Consultant. I’ve looked at the rules of the Mages Guild, and it’s not scab work, you’re allowed to consult as long as you don’t use magic in your duties to me, which I can attest you have never done in my presence. It would be a very cushy job, especially for someone who has had to… Rough it, for a number of years.”

Gerald shook his head, “I’ll keep in touch, but I wouldn’t hold your breath, this job sucked, and I’d hate to do any more like it. I do need a favor from you though.”

Ambrosia smiled, “Anything for my favorite Wizard.”

“Take the car I drove in here with to a chop shop or the bottom of the ocean, or wherever it needs to go so that it ceases to exist from now on. I stole it from the lab, it’s the only thing that can link this whole thing back to you.” Gerald said confidently. He grabbed his stack of money and snapped his fingers, Karen and Stephanie started to wake up on the couch, and Gerald quickly muttered to Damocles, “Come on let’s hoof it before the three of them tear this place apart.”

Gerald took the elevator to his personal office, and tore down his tent, he hadn’t decided whether or not he’d take up Majesty’s offer, but having his things removed from the tower while Ambrosia and her children fought it out would be good for his mental health. Gerald didn’t want to get into the middle of it.

He whipped out his cellphone when he got to the lobby, and typed in the information for a ride. He cast a spell on the burlap sack and it vanished from view together the three of them climbed into the pack of a Honda Civic. Gerald looked at Damocles, who was sweating, “You good?” Gerald asked, concerned, “We’re rubbing up against the upper limits of stayed unbound in the human world.” Damocles said tersely, “I’m probably going to be fading soon if we don’t do the binding soon.” Gerald looked at him, “We’ll get to it alright? We’ll get to it, we just need to do this one last thing.” The rest of the car ride was mostly silent.

When Gerald arrived to the singing sorcerer, it was already packed, and there was a line leading around the block. Gerald marched up to the front of the line and talked to the bouncer, “I’m here to see Emmet.”

The bouncer raised an eyebrow at Gerald, “Didn’t you get enough of Emmet the last time you’re here.”

Damocles snickered, and Gerald face locked into a stern grimace, he openned up his invisible sack, “I’ve got something he was paying a lot of money for, he’d be pretty upset if I didn’t deliver this to him.”

The bouncer looked into the bag and he smiled, “Yeah, you’re right, welcome to the singing sorcerer Gerald.”

The three of them cut the line and walked towards the front door, where Emmet looked at him beaming, “Gerald, welcome, welcome it’s so good to see you again. Come in, COME IN!”

Gerald followed Emmet to the back room, Leo was staring daggers at him, though the rest of the mages he recognized looked at him joyously enough. He slipped in just behind the Bar, and he was flanked by Cookie, who seemed to be following them to Emmet’s Office. When the door openned Gerald dumped both heads onto his desk. Emmet looked slightly annoyed as they leaked over his paperwork. “Was that really necessary?” He asked.

“Yeah, you know what, it kind of was. I got a bad case of food poisoning last time I was here,” Gerald said angrily.

Cookie laughed, and Emmet had a quizzical look, “What happened?”

Cookie interjected, “While we were talking Leo poisoned Gerald with a hex before the fight.”

Emmet looked angry, “He did WHAT?!

Gerald rolled his eyes, “Don’t pretend you didn’t know, I didn’t see you asking about me when I went to the hospital,”

Emmet wasn’t listening, “That stupid two-timing goon. That loving idiot, what is he thinking trying to bring that kind of-”

Gerald ignored Emmet as Cookie started to hold his hands out over the heads on Emmet’s desk. He started speaking, using the air in his lungs as a minor sacrifice to power the spell. After a few minutes of checks Cookie gives Emmet a slight nod, “As far as I can tell, these are the girls we were having trouble with.”

“-loving moro- Oh well that’s good. Glad to have enlisted your help Gerald, stay for a drink, I promise while you’re here nothing bad is going to happen.”

Gerald gave him a look, “Thanks but uh… I’m busy, I’ll just take my pay now, if you don’t mind.” Emmet nodded and handed Gerald a suitcase which Gerald openned and took the money out, tucking it into the pockets of his coat.

Emmet looked up at him, as he collected his things “You know Gerald, I might have a job that would benefit greatly from someone like you, you should take my number down, and call me if you need work.” Emmet handed Gerald a card that he quickly depositted into his coat. He walked outside and thought about what he was going to do next.

1. First, what was he going to do?

A.) Unfocussed Research, Study Demons, New Spells, get hands on expensive books 12 months downtime
    B.) Very Focussed Research, into undoing sacrifices a personal project of his 6 months down time
    C.) Lay low for a while (3 - 4 months,) then go work for Ambrosia
    D.) Lay low for a while (3 - 4 months,) then go to work for Emmet
    E.) Get back to work, work with Ambrosia
    F.) Get back to work, work with Emmet

G.) Write-in

2. Then, where was he going to stay?
    A.) Keep living in random alleys
    B.) Rent a nice hotel
    C.) Rent a lovely motel
    D.) Take up Ambrosia on her offer.
    E.) Write-in

3. Was he going to bind Damocles?

A.) Yes Damocles is a friend, and it would be nice to have the company with us while we work
    B.) No he’s a Demon, it’s better to not get so attatched these kinds of things, he wasn’t running a charity

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
1A
2D
3A

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

BBA

malbogio fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 6, 2020

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

B

A

A

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

B
C
A

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
A
D
A

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
ACA

That was great!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I want to thank everyone for being patient with me, with the pandemic, the release of Animal Crossing AND Doom Eternal, and my Midterms I found very little time to update my passion project. Updates will continue as normal (1 - 3 times a week,) if there's not an update up, please feel free to poke me on Discord, I run on attention and love it when people tell me they're excited for the next update to come out.

=========================
Chapter 1: Epilogue
=========================

It didn’t take long for Gerald to get himself situated. He tore down his tent in Majesty Ambrosia’s office, collected his pay, and left. He already felt safer as the double doors to the complex faded in the background. He took his tent, his money, and his friends, and decided to squat in a lovely motel. Lucas, the motel’s owner, was standing tall and wide, his skin was eerily pale, like most elves, his eyes were large and round, seeming almost too big for his face, giving his countenance an almost cartoonish look, his ears were slightly pointed around the edges. He had light blue eyes, and his hair was closely shaved with neat edging. He wore a T-shirt and Jeans that seemed slightly too small for him, highlighting his bulging muscles.

Lucas had helped Gerald out a few times in the past, and was always welcoming to Gerald as long as he had money. Most importantly, Lucas knew to keep his mouth shut. The body Damocles was inhabiting had been plastered all over the news. 2 officers going missing in the middle of a patrol route wasn’t something that typically happened in the city. Word on the streets was they were pulling out the big guns to find whoever had taken a bite out of the city’s finest.

The binding of Damocles was a pretty normal affair, together Damocles and Gerald drew the circle, and Gerald summoned him. It shocked Gerald how much the binding cost, a ⅙ of his funds had gone just to cover the summoning.Damocles had to leave the body for a moment to do the binding, and Gerald was surprised at how.. .Normal his true form looked for a demon, he had a humanoid form, with very little accoutrements. If Gerald’s husband were here, he’s sure that there would be some random fact about how the halo represents… Something. Gerald never really understood the symbolism of Demons. He would drone on about what all the different ways demons present themselves mean, and the difference between the grotesque and the beautiful was a reflection of how they observed humanity.

His wife might have even said that he was beautiful in some way. She was like that, able to see the beauty and wonder in everything. She would probably tease Gerald for adopting another stray, and not just picking up a cat like a normal person.

Gerald had set up his tent in the motel room, and was quick to order a few basics on his phone. He had finally gotten a large batch of money together, he could start doing his own research. No-one had to know where it came from. He got himself a few basic necessities, a desk for his tent, an armoire, a proper wardrobe. He expanded the insides of his tent so that Damocles had his own room to stay in. Then he went and bought himself a laptop.

Gerald decided to lay low for a year. The police were hunting for whoever had killed the two officers, and their faces were plastered all over the city. Damocles was upset that he had to stay indoors. It was less than a month or two in, when he started complaining that he wanted a new body to keep himself in. Gerald felt it was too risky, he was already worried that Lucas had recognized Damocles when they first moved in, and didn’t want to collect anymore trouble.

Fixing Damocles body issue was first on his list, he had heard of spells that were used to create Demon’s custom bodies, but had never seen the magic done himself. This wasn’t like the spells to hijack cars, or crack open an iPhone, there didn’t seem to be many private repositories on demonology that Gerald and his family had written themselves. Still people figured out how to do it. Gerald decided to spend his first few months working on getting Damocles a new body.

What line of research did Gerald go down to get to the end result?

A.) Necromancy, he studied how ancient mages sculpt already dead flesh.

B.) Abjuration, he studied how modern day mages use magic to create magic wards that could replicate limbs

C.) Evocation, he studied scientific wizards use magic to create lab animals and creatures using the raw power of magic.

D.) Illusions, he studied permanent illusions, similar to the trick used to make the Niagra Falls look like it’s flowing backwards.

E.) He didn't study any of this, him and Damocles just went out and murdered someone to get Damocles a new body.

F.) Write-in

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 28, 2020

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
C.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

C

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

F Robotics/Abjuration
Ok, Damocles wasn't thrilled when he found out that his new robotic body had been produced as a... marital aid, but once the stock limbs had been swapped out for chain saws and with the prospect of further alterations to fit his needs he was eventually reconciled with its origins.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
E.) He didn't study any of this, him and Damocles just went out and murdered someone to get Damocles a new body.

Kill a murder and magically alter the look of it to Damocles' specifications. No need to get clever.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

magically alter the look of it to Damocles' specifications. No need to get clever.

If Gerald knew how to sculpt flesh like that, he could just change Damocles current body. So I don't know if you want A or E

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
E. But make it someone who deserves it.

Like a land-lord.

Or a land-lord.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

C

Seems useful in many other ways as well.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRcWq9Q1R6k

Gerald decided the best way to hide Damocles, was summoning him a new body. He went online and tried to find the best books for lab summoning. Gerald couldn’t find anything online, and spent weeks scouring Russian message boards, using translation programs to sift through forum post after forum post talking about magic theory, with no practical instructions given. He ordered a few books on the basics of live summoning, and put his nose to the grind stone. Complicated spells required a lot of mental calculations to work, in order to cast a spell Gerald had to understand it.

Damocles was no help in the studying process. He quickly became bored, and yearned to go do something besides reading books, and browsing message boards. Gerald and Damocles started sparring at night to get some of the blood lust out of Damocles, who would regularly threaten to leave and go kill someone unless Gerald gave him something, anything to do. Gerald was not a great boxer or fighter by any means. Soon he started a collection of lumps and bruises. He felt like a particularly fragile banana. Together, Damocles taught Gerald more than the basics of street fighting, he taught Gerald how to properly defend himself. Gerald for most of his life relied on magic to win fights, making himself impermeable to damage, using wild and flashy spells to put someone in a disadvantaged state. He picked up Damocles lessons quickly, wanting to avoid being any more sore than he strictly needed to be.

Over the course of 3 months, Gerald, Damocles, and Hella sparred every night, and in the day Gerald would study the tenants of life creation.

One night, Damocles asked Gerald a question, one that Gerald was hoping to avoid. “Why aren’t you a licensed mage? You’re plenty talented, and I doubt you enjoy picking up scraps of organized crime work.”

Gerald smiled at Damocles, “I… I hosed up, bad.”

Damocles stared at him, and after a brief pause, “Well come on, what did you do?”

Gerald shook his head, “I don’t really want to get into it.”

Damocles was less than respectful, to say the least and snorted at him, “We killed a cop together? What could you have done that was so bad you lost your license? I’ve never actually heard of a Wizard losing their license before, anything that bad they just get put down don’t they?”

Gerald shook his head, “I really don’t want to get into it honestly Damocles.”

Damocles sat up from the bed, “Well that just makes me all the more curious.”

Gerald rolled his eyes, “Leave it alone man, please.”

Damocles stopped for a moment, “Did… You kill a mage?”

Gerald looked at Damocles, “Stop.”

Damocles looked into Gerald’s eyes, “You know I can sense when you’re lying, I can smell it, my magic permeates the world around us, I can sense the vibrations in your voice, the whirling gears in your head the-”

It was Gerad’s turn to snort, “No you can not. Divination spirits can almost detect the truth, and even then it’s notoriously unreliable.”

Damocles laughed, “No it’s true, I don’t normally bring it up because I’d never hea-”

“Bullshit” Gerald interjected. “Demons, and I can not express this emphatically enough, can not detect lies. Demonology was my major. I have talked to so many Demons and while many are smart, or can read a person really well, none can just objectively tell when someone is telling a lie.”

Damocles laughed at him, “Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you went to college and studied Demons. You must be an expert! Why I bet you’ve seen it all. In fact you could probably even summon a demon of the inner circle.”

Gerald bristled inwardly, “Yes of course I did, because I have a death wish, and want to see everything I love turn to ash. It is in fact one of my great goals in life to see all of humanity under demon rule”

Damocles, “The fact that you think any demon cares enough about the mortal world to actually go through the effort to destroy it is laughable.”

Gerald shook his head, “As far as I know, anyone who has attempted to summon a demon of the inner circle has died in the attempt. The fact is, those demons don’t want anything to do with our world, and trying to force a demon to do something for you is a recipe for a headache, or worse. My personal opinion is to let the inner circle be.”

Damocles summoned a pair of swords, and tossed one to Gerald, “Well if you’re not going to talk, and call me a liar, then the only thing left to do is fence.” Gerald grabbed his sword and snapped suddenly in the tent there was plenty of room. Damocles left Gerald with many new bruises that night, and Gerald slept sorely and soundly.

Eventually, Gerald understood the basic tennants of biological magic. Unlike Blood Magic or Demonology, it required the base material components to be sacrificed along with the energy requirements. Life could not be created from nothing the way lightning, or swords, or demons can. They needed Water, Carbon, Ammonia, Lime, Phosphorous, Salt, Saltpeter, Sulfur, Fluorine, Iron, and Silicon. All easily purchasable on the internet.

The night of the summoning, Gerald and Damocles sat down and hammered out what Damocles wanted to look like, “Well first, Male or Female?”

Damocles stopped and pondered for a moment, “Male I guess? I dunno do I have to pick?”

Gerald looked at him, “No not really I guess I could just make something neutral, it’s more of a basic template to help me visualize the end result.”

Damocles shrugged, “Male I guess.”

“What kind of hair do you want?” Gerald continued.

“I want it to be straight and jet blcak, and I want a strong angular jaw line. Thick muscles.”

Gerald started writing everything down.

“I want pale skin, I don’t care about eye color, but I want to be muscled, chiseled even.”

Gerald gathered the ingredients in a small pile in his tent, and sliced his hand open, pouring his blood over the reagents. Which started to smoke and curl. Soon the sillouhette of a body formed like a flat shadow burnt into the ground. Then the body started to grow, the shapes whirls and curves of Damocles new body came through. Damocles essence left the first body, which slumped to the floor, and his gaseous ethereal essence entered the new body. He then stood up, stretching an got dressed.

Gerald quickly destroyed the old body Damocles was inhabitting, removing any trace elements of the dead cop.

What 2 things did Gerald do next with his money and time?

A.) He and Damocles started exploring the city together now that Damocles didn’t have to stay hidden anymore.
B.) Gerald bought a new car. B1 A fancy car, B2 A reliable car, B3 A cheap car
C.) Gerald bought new books C1 On Illusions C2 On Arcane Mechanisms C3 On Evocation
D.) Gerald became Damocles manager, and signed him up for fights at Mac’s Bar.
E.) Tired of taking it easy, Gerald decided to save his money and scrounge up some more work.
F.) Gerald visited the grave of his dead life partners
G.) Gerald volunteered to tutor Majesty Ambrosia’s awful children.
H.) write in

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 4, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
If you want to be notified any time that an update is up Come join us in the discord. https://discord.gg/uwUYXeE

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

B2
F

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

E
G

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Just a doodle of Gerald I did while watching TV

E: If you want to know what something looks like, especially while we're waiting for votes to filter in, I'll at least attempt to draw anything you want a closer look at. I'm also planning to draw everyone who doesn't have a hand drawn photo. I kind of felt my art wasn't good enough to share online yet, but I'm really improving and am more confident now than I have been.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 3, 2020

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Our hero wizard is busy casting Magic Missile at the darkness.

gently caress yeah.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
C2, F the first (f is representing 2 different votes there)

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

C2
D

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Update Tomorrow, I promise I'll update at least once a week.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
B2
E

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpxpJFVz5BY

Damocles started doing small errands for Gerald, running to get food for the both of them, picking up books that Gerald might need, walking Hella, and scouting out restaraunts for them to eat at. Meanwhile, Gerald had bought himself a book on Arcane Mechanisms. The magic inside laid out how cars used magic to sacrifice Gasoline without fuel emmissions, and how the innerworkings of mechanics necessary to understand how to effect them with magic. It was a bit over Gerald’s head, but he got the general gist of it, and would practice his studies at night with Damocles.

It was Hella who suggested they buy a car first. She started with Damocles, complaining about how long it took to go everywhere. How she couldn’t feel the wind on her back. They could go to stores further away, and would make Damocles life easier. Damocles latched on to the idea of chores no longer taking multiple hours to get done, with a quick hop and skip around the city. And so Gerald, Damocles, and Hella took the bus to the local car dealership. After many hours of haggling, deciding out the certain features, and offering to pay in cash Gerald bought a mid sized sedan.

Gerald spent the next month or so teaching Damocles how to drive. Damocles struggled with the car, the last thing he had driven was a horse and cars were, compared to his immense age, a fairly recent invention that he had never bothered with. The city was not a great place to teach one how to drive. Gerald started Damocles off slowly he had Damocles drive small laps around the parking lot. As time passed Gerald grew closer to Damocles and Hella, he enjoyed their company, and in turn delighted that they seemed to enjoy his.

Damocles was unsure about the car, and it took him months before he was confident enough to take it to do small errands. Gerald ended up spending less time researching and more time driving Damocles and Hella around to run errands. They talked much on these drives, mostly about Damocles past, Damocles always had a story of an errant general, or thespian, or mage that had enlisted his services. Hella, who was much younger loved to hear about humans, and Gerald liked to listen. Damocles was a natural story teller, like the bards of old, and the tails he spun were enthralling. Whether or not that was demonic talent, or a skill bred out of necessity was difficult to tell.

Damocles needed to blow off steam, it became clear that running errands, talking, sitting around the house was getting to him. He wasn’t made for a life as a shut-in though unlike Gerald who spent most of his time either studying in his tent, being shaked down by cops, or running errands for rich people who could afford his services. It was Mac who called Gerald and suggested Damocles get into pit fighting. Damocles was gung hoe about the idea, tearing through humans, demons, and beasts alike was just what he needed to keep the non-existent blood in his chosen form flowing. With him and Hella together, they couldn’t lose! Gerald missed Damocles, he had been used to having the demon around most of the time, but with the fights happening at night, Gerald realized both of the demon had become more important to him, and having his presence be gone in the room tugged gently at his heart strings.

Gerald respected Damocles as a person, and his space. He took to midnight strolls and drives to clear his mind, and on one night in particular he found himself almost on auto-pilot just driving through the city, listening to music thinking about his life, and how much better things were. How unbelievably lucky he was to skate by, how his tenuous peace now could fall down all around his head at any moment. Mac could find out the girls were alive, if he knew he was cheated that would mean war. Gerald didn’t have enough allies to fight them, and anxiety tugged at his chest, which felt tight.

Gerald had been sitting in a parking lot for nearly a minute, and it took him another to get his bearings. That’s when he realized where he was “Old Greenwood Cemetery.” A stone tablet nearly screamed at him, it’s black stone and gold etchings blindingly bright in his headlights. Gerald shooked his head and turned off his car. It was easy with magic to hop the stone wall and pass through the garden. He quickly made his way past the tombstones, until he found their plot. He stopped at a tombstone, it read “Ciara Augustus” and underneath it was “Zane Augustus”

It had been almost a few years since he had last been here, the headstones were covered in Grafitti and Bibles. Etched in the stone over their shared names was “Demon Loving Scum.” A cross had been pounded into the soil, and from it hung a rosary. He wiped away the etchings with his wand, the stone sealing shut the scars disappearing. He picked up the cross and the rosary and turned it into trash. He pointed the wand at the grass where their bodies laid, and a small fairy circle grew, with flowers in the center

She always loved Fairy Circles. They were her favorite. He sat and reminisced, and thought about his past.

Question Time: Ask Gerald directly any questions you want answered!

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Balls I don't want to pry into Gerald's unhappy past especially.

However you want to tell this is cool, Boba, but I'm not up to asking questions about it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Alright, I can see that was a Bad Idea. I'll write something up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Boba Pearl posted:

Alright, I can see that was a Bad Idea. I'll write something up soon.

I don't mind picking at old scabs if you want to tell their story of woe.

Also, based off of what we can from the girls' research. Is there a way for us to steal the magical might from another mage? You know, for greedy and selfish reasons.