Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

masterstroke

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

Jinh

:discourse:

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
Honestly that deserves to be BYOB's title, maybe after the scary season

cruft

normally i would try to be super cool and nonchalant about making a good post but this is the sincerepost thread so i'm gonna say that i'm extremely loving pleased with myself for that

Holy crap, yes. That's the kind of post that marks a career high.

hot cocoa on the couch

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

God drat

Stoner Sloth

uh can i have some more more falafel please?

Stoner Sloth

no, that's too much

biosterous

normally i would try to be super cool and nonchalant about making a good post but this is the sincerepost thread so i'm gonna say that i'm extremely loving pleased with myself for that

it's a really fuckin good post yo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

ChubbyChecker

kalel

Ass-penny

:goodpost:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
im so happy for you falafel

this is a posting career defining moment

kalel

a strong candidate for this year's yobbies

French Accent

just wanted to say that this is one of the best posts i've seen in my life

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

quoting this again because you deserve it

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
I am very, very glad you came back into my life when you did, byob

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
it's fuckin nice out and im about to smoke some loud

Stoner Sloth

saw a hawk today while out smoking a weed, it was rad - also great weather here of late!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Life is cool and strange. I sometimes feel the more I learn things and grow the less attached I am to the "real world". So far I haven't discerned if that's a natural effect of the process of learning as you start to see the world around you differently or if I'm just cloud walking and need to be regrounded.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
both

cruft

BYOB has really helped me become more compassionate. Like it's always been puzzling to me that people want you to blindly agree with them when they complain about something, and only later bring logic in. I never worked this way and never wanted people to treat me this way.

But just posting positive reactions to stuff, even if I disagree with it, has really helped me wrap my head around doing this properly. It'll never feel natural, but at least I now have a fighting chance of reacting the way people want instead of pissing them off.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
And it will help you in the long term. Staying positive around negativity eats away at that negativity. Anger/negativity has to build upon other anger/negativity to stay alive. If you help ease someone else's negativity then they can reflect back more positivity towards you, benefitting you with more positivity. Win win.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
yeah, y’all

ChubbyChecker

Stoner Sloth posted:

saw a hawk today while out smoking a weed, it was rad - also great weather here of late!

:nice:

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

aldantefax posted:

yeah, y’all

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
To sincerepost myself for a moment, this year has been difficult and while it's getting better in some ways, it's still not great. It means the world to me that at the end of my day I can just relax with a bunch of friendly people and just chat or watch something on the internet or play a video game, and there's no pressure. All day long I am "on", I'm running meetings all day and it drains me, and on top of everything else going on I've just not been doing great, so it's nice having byob.

Thanks orbs. :glomp:

alnilam

It's nice to have you around too and i hope things get better!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Same same, Code Jockey. It's been a rough one. This place and the people who keep the lights on do help a great deal.

Android Blues

Code Jockey posted:

To sincerepost myself for a moment, this year has been difficult and while it's getting better in some ways, it's still not great. It means the world to me that at the end of my day I can just relax with a bunch of friendly people and just chat or watch something on the internet or play a video game, and there's no pressure. All day long I am "on", I'm running meetings all day and it drains me, and on top of everything else going on I've just not been doing great, so it's nice having byob.

it's been a pleasure to have you, CJ. keep on keepin on!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

quote:

:glomp:

This place has been much better for me than a couple other subforums I used to spend too much time in.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I've been genuinely a lot more happy lately. My wife might finally have found something that will squash her depression to a point she can be a content, living human again. I am having a wonderful time playing games and chatting with you guys. My ducks are in a row with life! I'm beginning in earnest in eating better. It's all good stuff.

kalel

Zurtilik posted:

I've been genuinely a lot more happy lately. My wife might finally have found something that will squash her depression to a point she can be a content, living human again. I am having a wonderful time playing games and chatting with you guys. My ducks are in a row with life! I'm beginning in earnest in eating better. It's all good stuff.

forgive the technical jargon but I believe this is what is referred to as a "freaking epic win"

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Zurtilik posted:

Excellent! And we are happy to have you :glomp:

Ass-penny

You are all good orbs. I sincerely wish I'd made some different choices in my life but I am glad I am here posting with you all, in TYOOL 2021.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

rear end-penny posted:

You are all good orbs. I sincerely wish I'd made some different choices in my life but I am glad I am here posting with you all, in TYOOL 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

my grandpa's real sick (leukemia) and my grandma's been visiting him in the hospital every day and then emailing my dad/uncles about the day. dad forwards it to me, and sometimes it's funny but it's mostly sad. i read each one expecting to get sad, but i think i would be robbing myself of something really important if i didn't read them.

they've been married Super Forever, and they are still very much in love, so the writeups are a mix of super cute and super heartbreaking.

i've got a bunch of feelings, orbs

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him