Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Petitions very hard for the yellow one to be called Pancake

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I change my name suggestion from Brenda to Cloapatra

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I suggest Grot Bunting

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pancake is the one with tiny bird arse mark not boom btw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Once again, I suggest naming a chicken Doug McClure.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Azza Bamboo posted:

I change my name suggestion from Brenda to Cloapatra

lmao

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Ok, we have names for the 4 new chicks!
Should have picked them this morning, but I was crashed out in bed, sorry.

The buff Orpington (yellow/gold one) is Mjolnir, named by ChibiSheDevil
The Jersey Giant (black one) is Bu Lu, named by my cat is norris
The Smokey Pearl (white with black flecks) is Sesame, named by mustache ride
The last Smokey Pearl (the one with the black heart on her left thigh) is Enkidu, named by Like Clockwork

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Velvet Sparrow posted:

:neckbeard:

i feel real bad about this since Lu Bu has been in the hat for so long, but i also think Bu Lu is hilarious so i'm torn

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Yesssss, at last a chosen name! :neckbeard:

I hope Enkidu keeps her butt heart, it's very cute. :>

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Chick pics posted! https://jackshenhouse.blogspot.com/2022/04/chickam-chicks-2022.html

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Yay chick pics! Gotta learn who is who among the new babies.

Shortly after this photo was taken, Cuddles fell asleep on my computer watching Chickam

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That's so cool, because I did literally the same last night and woke up in the night to still see hot chicks in my area

edit: picture of me sleeping

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 23, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There has been a wall of new content on baby lamb thread, only it’s baby goats, so I’m cross posting this thread and the latest picture link there, and that thread here because both threads are class content and it would be a shame if people missed both :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886000&pagenumber=16

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Keep it spicy Sesame Chicken!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Goons Are Great posted:

That's so cool, because I did literally the same last night and woke up in the night to still see hot chicks in my area

edit: picture of me sleeping

This brings a whole new meaning to hunt and peck typing....

Don't miss the chick pics guys! They're all so cute :3:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :kimchi:

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Ok, we have names for the 4 new chicks!

I'LL TAKE IT :kimchi:

my cat is norris posted:

:neckbeard:

i feel real bad about this since Lu Bu has been in the hat for so long, but i also think Bu Lu is hilarious so i'm torn

Don't I'm giggling like a fool over here.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Boomtastic is back out from under Chick Thunderdome and is eating & drinking on her own again, and fairly perky. Dunno if she just got stomped yesterday or what, but we'll keep and eye on her.

Meanwhile, new food! Broccoli!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Boomtastic is back out from under Chick Thunderdome and is eating & drinking on her own again, and fairly perky. Dunno if she just got stomped yesterday or what, but we'll keep and eye on her.

Meanwhile, new food! Broccoli!

Arson was pecking at her eye near the food dish, you can see in the picture it's half closed - we think she took fright and was under the light for comfort and just sort of forgot to eat and drink till she was separated from mom rock.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I had actually noticed a couple days ago that she was keeping that right eye half closed fairly regularly but figured it was part of the new chick grogginess.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Chaosfeather posted:

I'LL TAKE IT :kimchi:

Don't I'm giggling like a fool over here.

I'm glad, I really didn't want to hurt your feelings...I figured chances were so low I could roll with the joke, but here we are. :shobon:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Boombastic looks so much better today after a night in birdie jail. Really loving them all trying to figure out how to eat broccoli too. :3:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Oh my god they sleep using each other as pillows. :kimchi:

E: Loving Bu Lu's sleeping technique here.

(He's fine, he got up a min later)

E2: More sleepy chick piles

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 24, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yisssss

Boom was about to go for the corn, saw Arson was next to her and screwed up her eyes and was just standing there eyes shut, but the pull of corn was too great and she’s currently feeding on it with the rest of them.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Glad Boom is doing better! Funnily enough, i am from Orpington. It's the most boring town in south east london, and we don't really make a fuss about our chicken fame.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

everyone wear hats now posted:

Glad Boom is doing better! Funnily enough, i am from Orpington. It's the most boring town in south east london, and we don't really make a fuss about our chicken fame.

I’m from Derbyshire and we are the exact opposite about our sheep, yeh, that’s a glitter ball ram statue

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

everyone wear hats now posted:

Well you should, because Orp chickens rock. Can't get the real fluff bomb monsters here in the states, though.

New picture of Bu Lu and her unilateral face spots. Her face is like a landing strip for food, complete with runway:

EDIT--The chicks got vaccinated this afternoon, so they are all going to be a little low for the rest of the day...and really POed at us. We're getting high-grade Stink Eye after the Grab & Stab, goodies afterward be damned.

Boomtastic sleeps and rests a lot. But she's doing okay, so we're just gonna let her be & watch her--she eats, drinks and zooms around on her own schedule, and that's not always with the others.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 25, 2022

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Call the ball

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Everyone just huddled under the lamp screaming after vaccinations :kimchi:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Finally catching up to the thread and it's the most :kimchi: thing ever, I miss raising chickens back when I lived at home, and it brings back good memories of raising a new batch of chicks every spring. Thanks for sharing the experience!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

they're all sleepin with their butts to the camera because HOW DARE

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Well you should, because Orp chickens rock. Can't get the real fluff bomb monsters here in the states, though.

New picture of Bu Lu and her unilateral face spots. Her face is like a landing strip for food, complete with runway:

:black101:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

We've already got brave clod-climbers!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Grassy dirt clod has been delivered!

For those who don't know, the grassy clod gives them several things: fresh green matter to eat, a toy to play on/explore/jump on your sister's head from, dirt to scratch in and find surprise bugs for protein, and dirt to dustbathe in and ingest. Chickens have no teeth and must ingest grit, they store it in their body and it grinds their food.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

:kimchi:

It feels like a race right now between who’s going to escape the box first. One of them just reached the top of the flamingo light (and immediately fell off). Hard to tell whether it was Frittata or Apricot!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That's the image of a hard working lad coming home, falling into bed and truly deserving it

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

i regret to tell you this 14 years in, but i'm sorry to say: you forgot a "c" in your title ---> Chickcam

hopefully all those years werent wasted with this revelation

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Birds be sleeping.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I can't believe how quickly they grow! Just a minute ago they were slimy little birdies chirping their first words and now they're already acting all chicken-ish and jump around and have seemingly infinite energy until they fall asleep like the babies they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

AHH F/UGH posted:

i regret to tell you this 14 years in, but i'm sorry to say: you forgot a "c" in your title ---> Chickcam

hopefully all those years werent wasted with this revelation

12_String originally named the channel without the second 'c' deliberately...so Chickam it became and remained.