Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What exactly happened with Cameron Brate last night? He took a helmet to helmet shot, was slow to get up, went back in the game, and then was ruled out with a concussion several plays later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

What exactly happened with Cameron Brate last night? He took a helmet to helmet shot, was slow to get up, went back in the game, and then was ruled out with a concussion several plays later?

It was awkward friendly fire from a teammate somehow and it was shoulder to helmet I think. But definitely yes it was kinda bad considering recent news. At least his head didn't whiplash into the ground and it was just the initial hit, and I don't remember him having trouble walking?

But yeah, still, not a particularly good look. At least they took him out after halftime I guess.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

Yes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm still kind of surprised. It seemed like teams were being more careful than normal in the 1pm and 4pm games.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Brady said "no i need him" but then Goodell was like "no the image" and it's one of the few instances per the CBA that Brady can be overruled.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I have bad news for you.

lol gently caress

I thought that there was no way they had played the entire AFCN over the first four weeks and completely forgot about last week

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Well, the Panthers are on track to be historically bad, so there's that.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

Well, the Panthers are on track to be historically bad, so there's that.

Worse than with pickles?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Worse than with pickles?

At this rate probably.

Darnold looked better at this point last year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I selfishly want Darnold to get the job back because I just like him better than Baker and I still think he can be a pretty decent QB in the right situation. Team Rhule is not that situation but maybe he can put something on tape for a future team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I still think he can be a pretty decent QB in the right situation.

what the hell

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

what the hell
He's never had any semblance of a team or coaching staff around him. It's been the Justin Fields Bears but for his entire career.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's never had any semblance of a team or coaching staff around him. It's been the Justin Fields Bears but for his entire career.

I could see a scenario where Darnold was drafted by a good team and turned into a decent QB, but I think the ship has sailed on him. He's too broken at this point.

Also, good to see some noise being made on the Brate thing. I don't want Tua's death to be in vain.

https://twitter.com/TonyDungy/status/1576936991538655232?s=20&t=ANEIJa2kVPC23oaa2CMzKQ

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

we all just gotta get used to the fact that we're watching games where guys drastically shorten their lives for a lot of money and that won't change meaningfully ever

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/1576889118382252032?t=u5Rm6yzTa6Gmco5j29hsUg&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

I could see a scenario where Darnold was drafted by a good team and turned into a decent QB, but I think the ship has sailed on him. He's too broken at this point.

Also, good to see some noise being made on the Brate thing. I don't want Tua's death to be in vain.

https://twitter.com/TonyDungy/status/1576936991538655232?s=20&t=ANEIJa2kVPC23oaa2CMzKQ

Dungy’s profile pic looks like the cover of a book about a serial killer that nobody in the neighborhood ever suspected until they found all the bodies buried in the backyard under and around the pool.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

I agree. His last few starts last year he couldn't even drop back. Just shell shocked.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I feel like he could get lucky and Mariota his way into backing up a good QB and relearn the position, but he's probably toast

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

A decent number of probably decent QB's have been drafted into the complete abyss recently.

As a league we should probably be thankful Trevor has been rescued by Doug this early.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nintendo 49ers posted:

A decent number of probably decent QB's have been drafted into the complete abyss recently.

As a league we should probably be thankful Trevor has been rescued by Doug this early.
Even Trevor is still a work in progress but at least he's no longer in a poo poo situation. He was brutally bad yesterday and the primary reason they lost.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Jared Goff the best QB in the NFC North

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

fartknocker posted:

Dungy’s profile pic looks like the cover of a book about a serial killer that nobody in the neighborhood ever suspected until they found all the bodies buried in the backyard under and around the pool.

Well…….uh……you know about…..nah……

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Loving this photo from Jack Jones's pick 6:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://twitter.com/bigseanq_/status/1576763279946326018?s=46&t=K-8Ik3W4ha6aQSs8KL70Nw

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RMSummerlin/status/1576687659002474497?s=20&t=BPRr37Esh0P6YnC5kzj04g

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That didn't take long

https://twitter.com/HogsHaven/status/1576963774065610752?t=Ipw6YI0lnjSiFuDaMY0inw&s=19

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Four weeks longer than it should have.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Is there a chance Ron Rivera gets canned mid season?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Their ownership situation is a mess, so that might save him, but yeah, he's in year 3 and the whole situation is dogshit, with most of their fanbase having abandoned them and a terrible rebranding everyone hates, so yeah, sure.

Deckchairs on the titanic and all that.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was curious, Mayfield this year and Darnold last year have almost identical per game stats. I dont think the QB is the problem in Carolina.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think he's gone by Black Monday regardless but it's definitely sped up if the Wentz experiment goes the way it has for everyone else and he sticks by starting him

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah I feel like Heinicke did pretty decent last year considering he was throwing to Terry McLaurin and, uh, :stonk:
If he got to throw to Scary Terry plus a healthy Curtis Samuel and Jahan "Touchdown" Dotson he'd probably do even better.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ouch
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1576979014421397511

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That sucks, Javonte rules. Broncos going to have so many fumbles now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

syzpid posted:

I was curious, Mayfield this year and Darnold last year have almost identical per game stats. I dont think the QB is the problem in Carolina.

Trust the process, baby

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's all Melvin Gordon now.

Lol. Lmao.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1576980859613167617

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

syzpid posted:

This may be recency bias but for my money Baker this year has been far worse than Sam was last year, stats be damned.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone have a gif/mp4 of the mahomes run, spin, td toss to ceh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

This may be recency bias but for my money Baker this year has been far worse than Sam was last year, stats be damned.

At this point yes. But the offense as a whole was working much better last year, and much of darnolds production last year came on the ground.

Nothing about the offense is working this year. Nothing makes sense. There’s no style, no rhythm, no clear strategy. The wr routes make no sense. The ground game is perplexing. The player use is nonsensical.

Just a complete failure at every level.