Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol again

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lmao

----------------

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What's the general skill level here? I'm Iron 1 and lose like half my matches

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Roth posted:

I was iron I last time I played but I have dozens of hours of losing in ST backing up my skill, honor and hard work.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ive spent 99% of my time in third strike losing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Roth posted:

I'm platinum 1 and have won 3 matches and lost about 75.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
im so sucks bro

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I got placed in Silver, won 7 or 8 matches in a row to get to Gold, and I haven't played ranked since then. I could probably get to Platinum in a day if I grinded. Maybe.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm an Iron 3 gamer.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i'm iron rank with lily but i've played a lot more casual matches against imps as dhalsim and zangief and lose more than i win, but it's still fun

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It might require a little fighting game literacy (I am barely able to punish with 3 hit combos, I forget about every device except the EX meter, never remember to use supers, but I think I understand blocking and footsies for example) but everything that happens to you is usually so clear and it’s so fast to play again mostly, that losing is hype. You gotta lose before you win. It is what it is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s not like whack anime games where 500 helpful icons appear on screen while Buff is making his amorphous blob character do a bunch of visually noisy bullshit in the corner lol. SF Ftw.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Kongming posted:

I got placed in Silver, won 7 or 8 matches in a row to get to Gold, and I haven't played ranked since then. I could probably get to Platinum in a day if I grinded. Maybe.

youre telling me the guy wiht a guilty gear ref avatar knows how to play fighting games??

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

It’s not like whack anime games where 500 helpful icons appear on screen while Buff is making his amorphous blob character do a bunch of visually noisy bullshit in the corner lol. SF Ftw.

lmfao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
imp 1: yeah im still learning the basics, though i know how to do a basic fireball into super
imp 2: drat, i still have trouble telling my kick buttons apart
200 pound guy with a ramlethal fight stick and his phone notification sound is Geese Howard saying "Predictabo!": Hah. Hah ha hah. I'm holo 5.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

imp 1: yeah im still learning the basics, though i know how to do a basic fireball into super
200 pound guy with a ramlethal fight stick and his phone notification sound is Geese Howard saying "Predictabo!": Hah. Hah ha hah. I'm holo 5.

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Have you played against JP. It's bullshit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I practiced and pulled off in a match my actual punish combo. Anything special cancellable in Drive Rush, crHP stMP crMP fuha charge. So that feels good.

Big things for me rn is that my offense is pretty linear bc I don't know what to do with my fuha stocks. I mainly just do the ground fireball and approach menacingly with a slow walk forward .

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Like the implication that 200 pounds is a funny amount to weigh

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ArfJason posted:

Lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

P-Mack posted:

lol

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i am use kilogram and dont understand pound. ¿ya?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

ArfJason posted:

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

P-Mack posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Have you played against JP. It's bullshit

At first I felt that way but Iron JPs aren’t that bad yet… just need to harness your quan.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ArfJason posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i haven't done ranked yet but i'm probably somewhere between buff and wormsuklll.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

ArfJason posted:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm in the lowest rung of Iron but am still having a lot of fun. A Gold tier Manon styled on me in a battle hub fight, and it just made me want to keep playing her to do the cool poo poo that guy did someday

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ArfJason posted:

P-Mack posted:

lol

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
i’m Rookie with both JP and blanka

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ArfJason posted:

lol

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
street fighter kicks rear end

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ArfJason posted:

street fighter kicks rear end

i've played a lot of street fighter 2 badly over the years might play a lot of street fighter 6 badly too

----------------