Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Zisky posted:

It's 100x better on draft and luckily enough my local pub is run by some nice folks from Kilkenny.

is that the secret in this case? man I remember distinctly disliking it in a bottle. huh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Going to a wine bar tonight and will be ordering a beer

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Time to go buy more beer!!!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i;m thinking about that Beer

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Poured a perfect Guinness... :guinness:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

running a bit low here... much pick some up tonight

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
had Suarez Brewery Bones Shirt black lager on tap at dinner the other night, superb

might revert to my old standard high life (longneck, ice cold) tonight, it's nice out

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i was at Giant and their booze section had a whole posters about the different types of beer but they did not have a single porter and they did not have a single bock and the only stout they had was guiness

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i was at Giant and their booze section had a whole posters about the different types of beer but they did not have a single porter and they did not have a single bock and the only stout they had was guiness

very very pathetic

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay9ZxsulN2c&t=5s

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Insanely hosed up

Unless it's a seasonal thing, light beer summer is underway

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Total Wine trip report

Spent like 15 minutes browsing after a Costco trip, considered a Pizza Port mixed 12-pack of tallboys (San Diego nostalgia), then ultimately defaulted to a 12-pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ("Palies" as we call them in this household). Also grabbed a riesling (great refreshing summer wine from Germany) and noticed one of the riesling brands was called "Blitz" and featured art depicting wine roots that looked a bit like lightning bolts. Maybe I'm crazy, IDK, not the branding I would have selected for a German wine.

Saddened to see how much the beer section is shrinking and how many lovely seltzers they're cramming the shelves full of now. There were four different versions of something called Finnish Long Drink (actual name) filling up one of the big merch islands in the beer and beer-adjacent section. Sounds like a cspam meme but nope, it's real, and it's $14.99 for a six-pack of alco-pop imported from Finland.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

That Finnish long drink is good but I'd just make it myself if I wanted to consume a 12 pack

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The new generation of canned cocktails is pretty drat awesome, gone are the days of foul elixirs like Montebello long island iced tea and THE CLUB canned martini

Just a great way to get hosed up on cans, beats gross seltzers any day. Expensive though

misterevilcat
Apr 30, 2009
I'm drinking on the only good things to come out of Michigan, bells two hearted ipa. An ipa that is not maximum strength maximum bitter, amazing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One downside to quitting drinking is that I don't get to try the new Wiseacre brews. I've enjoyed literally everything they've made. Just way higher quality than all the other "local craft brews" I've tried (which generally have a vaguely "muddled" taste, vs the Wiseacre ones which have a very distinct and "polished" flavor).

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i got grocery store california rolls and am putting the lil slivers of ginger into a glass of bourbon

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

misterevilcat posted:

I'm drinking on the only good things to come out of Michigan, bells two hearted ipa. An ipa that is not maximum strength maximum bitter, amazing.

We get them at a few stores out in California. Pretty drat good.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my beer nerd friends go out of their way to buy out the inventory of places that stock two hearted and sputnik

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Vox Nihili posted:

Also grabbed a riesling (great refreshing summer wine from Germany) and noticed one of the riesling brands was called "Blitz" and featured art depicting wine roots that looked a bit like lightning bolts. Maybe I'm crazy, IDK, not the branding I would have selected for a German wine.
it's traditional European culture

quote:

There were four different versions of something called Finnish Long Drink (actual name) filling up one of the big merch islands in the beer and beer-adjacent section. Sounds like a cspam meme but nope, it's real, and it's $14.99 for a six-pack of alco-pop imported from Finland.
is that the stuff they make by fermenting sugar in water?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

it's traditional European culture

I looked up the brand and their old label featured actual lightning bolts, lmao

today:

2017:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Vox Nihili posted:

I looked up the brand and their old label featured actual lightning bolts, lmao

today:

2017:

wonder what Herr Doktor Heidemann was up to in the 30s and 40s

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

accidentally bringing nazi wine to the oyster shucking party... huge faux pas... you don't come back from that one unless the wine is REALLY good

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

misterevilcat posted:

this had a fair bit of hype about it in Australia but when we finally got it was pretty average.

then I had it again when I was in the states and it was great. difficult to transport small quantities of beer fresh at a decent price I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I’m now going three days a week without alcohol which I hear is healthier than going two days a week without alcohol but you better believe i still love beer. Currently working my way through a 12er of Fireman’s #4, a blondie from Real Ale Brewery out of Blanco. Red can with a big yellow #4 in a bike gear on the label