Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I approve of this fiesta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

what an incredible ending oh myl ord

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
THAT IS NA BABY!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
League Of Legends!

I was playing URF during all that, gonna have to rewatch it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
C9 has like zero shotcalling, aint no way the call is to not force elder with the jungler down for 40 seconds in a 5v4

actually awful

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

C9 has like zero shotcalling, aint no way the call is to not force elder with the jungler down for 40 seconds in a 5v4

actually awful

the fact that meech got to walk forwards and freehit blaber to death is just the most unbelievable poo poo i've ever seen in my life, what the gently caress were they thinking

i dunno if zven ever wants to play in a team again but if he does i think his stock's going up massively, it's clear C9's headless chickens with him gone

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
how the gently caress does a team with that many old veterans fumble a late game scenario that hard against a team of mostly rookies lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Savage Cracker posted:

how the gently caress does a team with that many old veterans fumble a late game scenario that hard against a team of mostly rookies lmao

even old vets in high pressure situations don't want to make the game-losing call, so if you've got a team of 5 people who'd prefer to defer then you end up with that kind of utterly bizarre waffling

i think 100T having younger talent like sniper and quid is a huge boon since they're more willing to take insane risks in situations like that due to not having been burned as much, and that gave them a real edge when the game turns into a brawl in the mud like that

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That certainly was a fountain dive.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kirtar posted:

That certainly was a fountain dive.

you can forgive them some happy gaming after they just chewed through IMT like that

we're sadly now into two week break territory for LCS due to a combination of the loss of two teams and the VCT eating up arena space, but i think this is pretty trivially the best split of the LCS in at least 5 years. every team looks competitive, no one except C9 is playing the do nothing and lose strat, there's an overall willingness to fight and make high risk plays to get an advantage, and the broadcast's fat has been trimmed down in a way that makes the whole thing highly watchable while providing tons of content on the side. i believe i saw that spring viewership was up 2% from last spring, and while the caedrel costream undoubtedly helps things out a lot, it's highly encouraging that they've managed to stabilize what was previously a precipitous year-on-year slide

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

LCS has 100% been more fun to watch than LEC so far this season especially as Europe feels more and more like a one team region.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

LCS has 100% been more fun to watch than LEC so far this season especially as Europe feels more and more like a one team region.

the level of play in the LEC's almost supernaturally bad this split, and the fact that they got their financial ankles broken barely a week in hasn't helped matters much as far as the broadcast quality goes. the LCS had the benefit of knowing they were going into the season on the fiscal ropes, and they made good use of what they had to produce a high quality product, but the LEC's down to people talking at a desk without so much as whisper of content and it's rather dire to sit through

hopefully the figure something out by spring, although they've got enough of an inbuilt audience right now that they can afford to take a bad year and probably come out the other side fine

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Only caught game 1 of VIT vs Mad Lions KOI (jfc that name) but it was the most hyli match that ever had a hyli. Picking an aggressive supp, going hard in the paint early, bottling it, spends the rest of the match playing like he didn't bottle it, gets picked a lot, accounts for about 50% of his teams deaths

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

el dingo posted:

Only caught game 1 of VIT vs Mad Lions KOI (jfc that name) but it was the most hyli match that ever had a hyli. Picking an aggressive supp, going hard in the paint early, bottling it, spends the rest of the match playing like he didn't bottle it, gets picked a lot, accounts for about 50% of his teams deaths

the dude's just not good now, and his blatant inting gets laughed off as a Hyli Moment in a way that categorically would not be extended to anyone else

i think it's around the time that teams need to ditch him and start looking for other prospects because veterancy cannot overcome the lead weight this dude becomes in more than half his games, and i don't think you can reasonably expect a guy who's been playing for close to a decade to start learning how to not randomly huck his corpse out for 10% plays at every possible opportunity

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Bleh FNC with the classic 'lose the first game, pick ezreal and a no damage comp'

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

lane karma + ezreal into no tanks is crazy damage actually

Tombad
Oct 21, 2010
I see KT has played Rammus jungle in their game vs Nongshim, that's a throwback :eyepop:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

quick reminder that LEC's starting today with game 1 about to begin, so feel free to tune in if you've got a quiet friday and want to see even more hilarious EU clown gameplay

Tombad posted:

I see KT has played Rammus jungle in their game vs Nongshim, that's a throwback :eyepop:

3740 days since his last appearance in the LCK, played by loving nofe of all people

according to the postgame interview it was literally a pick pyosik had picked up in NA and had been begging his team to try by saying he had a 100% win rate on it in scrims

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i can't tell whether this back and forth is impressive or just straight weird, each team's thrown their lead the instant they get an advantage over the past 10 minutes

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
MDK feels like a proper rookie team that we had a bunch of in the past in LEC/EU LCS

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Savage Cracker posted:

MDK feels like a proper rookie team that we had a bunch of in the past in LEC/EU LCS

you can tell how much their willingness to scrap was throwing FNC off, like most teams would retreat when their support's dead and their top's chunked but MDK stood their ground and got a clean ace out of it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Welp real bad start for mdk

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That's right, Oscar. poo poo on them haters

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

henkman posted:

That's right, Oscar. poo poo on them haters

glad to see him have a redemption game, dude's been looking a bit rough the last few weeks

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Lol. the standard URF start strategy of all 10 top

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isaboo posted:

Lol. the standard URF start strategy of all 10 top

FNC managed to reverse bamboozle themselves into thinking that toplane varus would be easy pickings and it turns out that MDK had the exact same thought

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
lmao elyoya escapes

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

is there a gas leak in my house, how are these loving games real

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
lol sure just let vi slide on in.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I think that's Hwei's QW combo, that is some nasty damage

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

at least we got to hear the esports national anthem again, feels like forever since we even got to 5 games anywhere

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vermain posted:

at least we got to hear the esports national anthem again, feels like forever since we even got to 5 games anywhere

Isn’t it only the second Bo5 of the season?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
What the gently caress was that

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Digital Jedi posted:

Let's go MDK

gently caress YEA MDK

Did Fnatic just not look at the map for 20secs ? like wtf were they doing. Fresskowy with the free push to down mid

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Tombad posted:

they won with Zyra and then won with Rammus, it was extremely funny

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

Isn’t it only the second Bo5 of the season?

for sure, it just feels to me like worlds was a million years ago for some reason

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It’s probably to do with the fact that it’s LEC finals weekend and feels like there’s no excitement for it whatsoever.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

It’s probably to do with the fact that it’s LEC finals weekend and feels like there’s no excitement for it whatsoever.

honestly, while i liked the idea initially, i think the three split system runs into severe diminishing returns. just feels like a random low stakes CS:GO tournament at this point instead of a major event in the year's narrative

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Why isn't BDS Adam playing today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isaboo posted:

Why isn't BDS Adam playing today?

no reason given, so it's been broadly assumed to be personal

either way it's a poo poo situation because it's clear how much BDS leans on having a perpetually strong topside. can't really blame JINX for not being him on such short notice but it's looking like a roughie