Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

The Hello Machine posted:

Take off my glasses to eat. I just noticed recently that many of my fellow glasses wearers keep theirs on while eating. It just feels uncomfortable to me.

If you would just slow down a bit you wouldn't get food splattered on your glasses.

I have to take my glasses off when I blow my nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

Are you naturally a lefty?

No, unless you count sports.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

No, unless you count sports.

Hmm.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.

500excf type r posted:

Do you also take off your shirt to poop

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

The Hello Machine posted:

Take off my glasses to eat. I just noticed recently that many of my fellow glasses wearers keep theirs on while eating. It just feels uncomfortable to me.

I do this because I very frequently read while I eat and always take my glasses off to read

Now even if I'm not reading, like if I'm eating with others, it feels wrong to leave them on

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Das Boo posted:

Same. I've started forcing odds on myself to try and break the habit. Prime numbers still irritate me too much, though. One step at a time!

Another one: If there's a vegetable I don't like, I explore all manner of recipe until I find something I can work with. Then I eat it 'til I like it. VEGETABLES WILL NOT DEFEAT ME.

Current project is beets, which I can stand in a vinegar-based coleslaw. Otherwise they taste like a very rich, fresh dirt.

Have you tried making borscht? Beets also pair really nicely with goat cheese.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Have you tried making borscht? Beets also pair really nicely with goat cheese.

or pickled beets since the op likes vinegar

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

500excf type r posted:

or pickled beets since the op likes vinegar

Ooh, good point. I guess I didn't think of that because most pickled beets I've had are the gross sweet kind. But a vinegar brine with savory spices sounds fantastic.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you ain't borscht you ain't morscht

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I once had a drunk/high conversation with a guy at a barbecue about weird social tiks and poo poo we feel obliged to do, stuff like saying bless you when someone sneezed and how basically you're just acknowledging the sneeze because saying nothing feels weirder.

So as a sort of joke I started just saying "You sneezed." dead pan, when someone in my presence did so. Friends, house/work mates, etc all got on board and it became a thing. Eventually met my now wife and got her doing it.

It's been nearly 2 decades and it's so natural now I say it to the uninitiated like strangers without thinking.

Sometimes I quickly apolo-splain but more often than not I just carry on like it's normal and leave them confused.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

redshirt posted:

Because I am crazy, I've also been deliberately doing things left handed in order to improve my ambidextrousness, for basketball reasons. Since I was 14 or 15.

Like I've made myself ambidextrous through brute force, decades ago. I brush my teeth left handed. I can use chop sticks left handed. I am most certainly not left handed.

The one thing I do left handed is punish my hog. Computer mice are impossible using your left hand.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ReelBigLizard posted:

I once had a drunk/high conversation with a guy at a barbecue about weird social tiks and poo poo we feel obliged to do, stuff like saying bless you when someone sneezed and how basically you're just acknowledging the sneeze because saying nothing feels weirder.

So as a sort of joke I started just saying "You sneezed." dead pan, when someone in my presence did so. Friends, house/work mates, etc all got on board and it became a thing. Eventually met my now wife and got her doing it.

It's been nearly 2 decades and it's so natural now I say it to the uninitiated like strangers without thinking.

Sometimes I quickly apolo-splain but more often than not I just carry on like it's normal and leave them confused.

i simply say excuse me when i sneeze, and sometimes "you're excused" to other sneezers. "you sneezed" is pretty funny tho

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I have a sneezing problem and I always just feel awkward when people say 'bless you' and whatnot, especially since I tend to keep sneezing after they've said it.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

I have a sneezing problem and I always just feel awkward when people say 'bless you' and whatnot, especially since I tend to keep sneezing after they've said it.

I have bad seasonal allergies that cause sneezing fits. I had a coworker that insisted on saying “bless you” after each and every sneeze except she would raise her voice and sound more and more surprised/alarmed after each one. Like she was talking to a baby. Got old quick.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I slap myself in the rear end several times before I get in to the shower

E: no dirty talk, just slapping.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

After I get back from a great trip to another country the next time I take a big poo poo I feel like the trip is officially over and the last of that country has sadly left me. My guts are now full of USA once again.

I just pooped out the last of Portugal 🇵🇹

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AEMINAL posted:

The one thing I do left handed is punish my hog. Computer mice are impossible using your left hand.

I believe that's called "The Stranger"

I can dual use mice by the way, at the same time.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
One thing I used to do often when I was younger:

PUT things that are SAID into groups OF four syllaBLES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

I like "you sneezed".

I used to say "god bless you and save you and keep you from all harm and evil until the world ends and we ascend to the glorious kingdom of heaven, amen" but now I'm back to the dumb and arbitrary classic.