Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Try restarting your WiiU and then downloading the level. I've seen that work for others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face
Welp, I managed to get all the achievements. I don't think they're going to add any more in the near future. Toy Box is underwhelming. Grinding characters to get extra spins in the vault is excruciatingly boring. I'm done! It's over. Anybody wanna pay me and take all this stuff off my hands? Gamestop isn't taking these in for trade-in.

7billionanddying
Oct 30, 2011

Space_Butler posted:

This week, new additions from Disney to the Toy Box share include levels called Sky Gauntlet, Jungle Cruise, Trench Run, Blue Breakout, and... Columbia from Bioshock Infinite? What?

Yup. It's a real thing.

This is extremely loving bizarre and reminds me of licensed toys coming out for R rated movies like Terminator and stuff, except even more crass and distasteful.

Also, I am not shocked at all that this game is largely devoid of content, it's obviously a giant cash grab from Disney. I'm not sure why anyone would buy it in the first place unless they had kids, but who am I to judge.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

Welp, I managed to get all the achievements. I don't think they're going to add any more in the near future. Toy Box is underwhelming. Grinding characters to get extra spins in the vault is excruciatingly boring. I'm done! It's over. Anybody wanna pay me and take all this stuff off my hands? Gamestop isn't taking these in for trade-in.

I'm guessing you have the 360 version. I'd like to buy your base if you're serious.

Nevermind I took the beating on ebay. The base alone is going for $30.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 9, 2013

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face

7billionanddying posted:

Also, I am not shocked at all that this game is largely devoid of content, it's obviously a giant cash grab from Disney. I'm not sure why anyone would buy it in the first place unless they had kids, but who am I to judge.

Hey, the Toy Box looked really, really good in those previews. :(

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

Am I not the ravager, the devourer of worlds? Am I not Galactus!?!
I just bought in and there's enough content in the default playsets that I'm not sure I will ever have time to unlock everything.

How much are you selling your stuff for doctor? You should post it in the trading thread. For a good price I may buy some discs and figures.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
I can't believe how dead this thread is. Did infinity bomb?

The iPad app is out. It's fairly laggy on a 3rd Gen but all my characters are in there. Should be a cool way to design worlds.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

On the contrary, sales are going very well.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
The target audience is 8-12 years old so I am not surprised to see a lack of posts here.

I tried playing through some of the downloadable toy boxes on iPad, and I found the controls to be pretty difficult to use.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
My kids love it... 6 and 8, so there is that.

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.
They need to enable Toybox Sharing between users.

Some very very amazing levels could be built with people's effort and creativity.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

mutata posted:

On the contrary, sales are going very well.

Till the hit when the new Skylanders comes out.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Skylanders is a sweet game, I hope they sell a bajillion units!

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

mutata posted:

Skylanders is a sweet game, I hope they sell a bajillion units!

I don't play it but that stuff is still going strong compared to how quickly Infinity seems to be sinking.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

chemosh6969 posted:

I don't play it but that stuff is still going strong compared to how quickly Infinity seems to be sinking.

Nah, it's doing just fine so far.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Any parents would recommend this for 5 and 8 year olds? It seems like a nice way of kids exploring a third-person world. I am trying to find reviews focusing on how the game appeals to children, but did not find anything specific.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Any parents would recommend this for 5 and 8 year olds? It seems like a nice way of kids exploring a third-person world. I am trying to find reviews focusing on how the game appeals to children, but did not find anything specific.

I would think 5 and 8 year olds are exactly the ideal demographic for this kind of game. My 8 year old son enjoyed the game quite a bit.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I just got it for my 6 year old and 4 year old. 6 year old loves it so far, playing pirates mostly. 4 year old likes to switch figures and watch but doesn't play much (which I figured). The Coop mode is drop in so you can just set a figure on the second spot and join, then take the figure off and drop out. However you will need a second figure from each series to play coop, so get a villain or sidekick pack.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Yes. My 3 year old is a bit young so I imagine 5 is perfect.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I've been interested in this lack of family-centered reviews, actually. It's kind of funny. The only one I've really seen is the Family Gamer TV channel on YouTube. Their review is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dHE-bFrogI They have a ton of videos about it, but I think that's the official review. It's the only review I've read or seen where they include footage of their kids playing it as part of the review.

Edit: Oh, also, please don't buy it for the Wii.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Thanks for these recommendations - I am convinced this will be a thrill to play along with them if they allow me! Any idea which version is the best? I have a PS3 and a Wii U, more tempted to grab it for the Wii U.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

mutata posted:

Edit: Oh, also, please don't buy it for the Wii.

I should probably add this to the OP.

Also, mutata are you working on further playsets after the Toy Story one? I'm hopeful there's a heap more on the horizon. Come on Gravity Falls or Tron playset!

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Thanks for these recommendations - I am convinced this will be a thrill to play along with them if they allow me! Any idea which version is the best? I have a PS3 and a Wii U, more tempted to grab it for the Wii U.

The only real difference between PS3 and Wii U is that the Wii U version can't use the Pro Controller.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Gann Jerrod posted:

The only real difference between PS3 and Wii U is that the Wii U version can't use the Pro Controller.

You can play the Wii U version on the gamepad which is nice when my kid wants to play and I want to watch tv. Also they are possibly going to add pro controller support.

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

Well, I'm a 44 year old toddler and I'm having a blast with this. Violet has my favorite attacks so far, and Barbossa's mini-game is a lot of fun...

I'm actually looking for goons to trade duplicate power disks with if anyone is collecting.

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

Picked up the Toy Story set today. Hellyeah. The playset kicks rear end. I am using this as an excuse to bump this lonely thread, and to remind those who might have drank the Disney Kool-Aid that I have disks to trade. I'm currently sitting on an extra Abu Elephant and Mike's Car (TrU exclusive) rares. Looking for a Dumbo.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TunaSled posted:

Picked up the Toy Story set today. Hellyeah. The playset kicks rear end. I am using this as an excuse to bump this lonely thread, and to remind those who might have drank the Disney Kool-Aid that I have disks to trade. I'm currently sitting on an extra Abu Elephant and Mike's Car (TrU exclusive) rares. Looking for a Dumbo.

Tell me more of the Toy Story set. Is it Andy's Room or the city or what? I suppose it's about shooting mostly?

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Tell me more of the Toy Story set. Is it Andy's Room or the city or what? I suppose it's about shooting mostly?

It is Toy Story In Space https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6SrX2tJTo

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I wish so much there was a proper 'Nightmare Before Xmas' play set. ANBC was my favorite part of Kingdom Hearts, and if there were the same amount of decorative components for that movie as there are the other Disney properties that's probably all I'd decorate with.

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

5er posted:

I wish so much there was a proper 'Nightmare Before Xmas' play set.

I do believe there will be. I want my Oogie Boogie figure!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

TunaSled posted:

I do believe there will be. I want my Oogie Boogie figure!

This is all around magnificent news.

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

I think there is a segment in the initial opening sequence (where you're just a spark at first) that alludes to ANBC scenery/world.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

TunaSled posted:

I think there is a segment in the initial opening sequence (where you're just a spark at first) that alludes to ANBC scenery/world.
These will appear in wave 2 of the power discs. There's a terrain and sky disc listed for "Halloween Town", so unfortunately this means there might not be a full playset. So far, if a world has been represented via power discs, they don't get a full playset release, and vice versa.

Bionic
May 6, 2007

I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant, A Ridiculous Beard.
Other strikes against an ANBC playset are that Jack's vault is in the toy box, he unlocks both his and Sally's little toy guys (making it unlikely to have a Sally figure), and that it would be too enjoyable so that no one bought other playsets ever again.

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

Bionic posted:

Other strikes against an ANBC playset are that Jack's vault is in the toy box, he unlocks both his and Sally's little toy guys (making it unlikely to have a Sally figure)

Not so. I've unlocked Incredibles figures which I already own. I think they will all have little "townspeople" analogs.

Bionic
May 6, 2007

I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant, A Ridiculous Beard.

TunaSled posted:

Not so. I've unlocked Incredibles figures which I already own. I think they will all have little "townspeople" analogs.

Oh, I thought that all of the purchasable characters' townspeople were unlocked in vaults requiring that toy, sometimes with extra townspeople for non-purchasable characters thrown in. Sorry about that.

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

Bionic posted:

Oh, I thought that all of the purchasable characters' townspeople were unlocked in vaults requiring that toy, sometimes with extra townspeople for non-purchasable characters thrown in. Sorry about that.

Well, you might be right there. It seems I was in the actual Incredibles playset when I opened them. Oh well here's still hoping...

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

I just noticed that the release date for the Toy Story set is today, my local department store put theirs out early so I had mine two days early, how cool am I?

Go get yours today, the playset is cool!

hojusimpson
Mar 30, 2011
I watched the trailer, but like someone said earlier, I'm still trying to get a read on the playstyle of this set. Would you say it is a balanced action-platformer, like the Pirates one, or an annoying endless barrage of enemies, like the Incredibles?

Do the new characters feel unique? I suspect there's no difference between Jessie and Woody. I hope Buzz is appropriately awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

There isn't much combat, aside from the Combat Simulator missions. Mostly it is doing various tasks for the aliens. There is no difference in gameplay between Buzz, Woody, and Jessie.

I feel like this playset is the most like Woody's Roundup in Toy Story 3. I think it is my favorite one. It seems like it has the most stuff to do.

• Locked thread