Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The escape from the control tower is easier if you use your jetboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

SirSamVimes posted:

The escape from the control tower is easier if you use your jetboard.

Sicknasty moves continue to elude the Krimzon Guard. More training is required.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

kalonZombie posted:

Sicknasty moves continue to elude the Krimzon Guard. More training is required.

Baron Praxis begins recruiting teenagers with attitude into the crimson guard, and supplying them with jetboards. However this proves to be a disastrous mistake when the teens simply leave with their new jetboards, armor, and guns.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Baron Praxis begins recruiting teenagers with attitude into the crimson guard, and supplying them with jetboards. However this proves to be a disastrous mistake when the teens simply leave with their new jetboards, armor, and guns.
I'm pretty sure this is how he ended up with Errol.

Bricoleur
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah electrocution specifically refers to death from an electric shock. You don't survive being electrocuted because you're dead.

Five laps really does feel excessive with these races. The race's audience is such a bunch of little 2D sprites. Awfully nice of the Baron to give you the Palace access key as a reward even though he tried to kill you.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Bricoleur posted:

Awfully nice of the Baron to give you the Palace access key as a reward even though he tried to kill you.

Technically, the Baron discover that the winner was Jak until after Jak already got the key.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like somebody calling for independent confirmation that the world's going to blow up. That doesn't happen often enough.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Ashelen can be surprisingly competent. If I remember correctly, in the next game she's one of the more useful NPCs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kalonZombie posted:

Ashelen can be surprisingly competent. If I remember correctly, in the next game she's one of the more useful NPCs.
Yet she still can't stop some made-up motherfucker from using Robert's Rules of Order to get your rear end kicked out of town.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
In fairness, Veger was only enacting the will of Haven City's people (don't ask, it'll be made clear soon enough).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chimera-gui posted:

In fairness, Veger was only enacting the will of Haven City's people (don't ask, it'll be made clear soon enough).
In more fairness, you did keep running them over.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

In fairness, nearly all of those were Krimzon Guard.

Bricoleur
Feb 1, 2012

I don't understand how the public could hate Jak outside of the player dickery he commits. Maybe if this was inFamous and player actions actually affected the story remotely, but so far Jak has done things such as give people drinking water and be their zoomer race champion.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
It's really dumb, and we'll be getting to it when I do Jak 3.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 16: Hey, Really Giger Cut | Uncut

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm so happy, I'll finally get to see what happens after the final boss. gently caress that boss fight.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Rip everyone. Except Krew, see you in Jak X.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
I love Krew's reaction to Jak getting away: "Oh well."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Kor reveal catches most people off-guard because he's such a non-character for most of the game.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey, what happened to the kid? Did he just drop off the face of the game?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

This feels less like an ending and more like an unraveling

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

AriadneThread posted:

This feels less like an ending and more like an unraveling
Here's the thread title for the Jak 3 thread.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hey, what happened to the kid? Did he just drop off the face of the game?

He got nabbed after the mission at Mar's temple.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Kor reveal catches most people off-guard because he's such a non-character for most of the game.

Upon rewatching this LP, I appreciated all the subtle hints they threw in regarding Kor. Surprising, but not totally out of nowhere.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Things like the dog hating him and him being overly eager to get his hands on the Precursor Stone? I felt they did that well.

McGwee
May 1, 2012

Also when Daxter talks about the giant ugly metal head they met. He doesn't much like that either.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

Upon rewatching this LP, I appreciated all the subtle hints they threw in regarding Kor. Surprising, but not totally out of nowhere.

Also the fact that his sideburns are kind of like the big fringe that he has in metal head form.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shugojin posted:

Also the fact that his sideburns are kind of like the big fringe that he has in metal head form.
And his giant Metal Head skull gem.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
And all those times when he said "I'm the Metal Head leader and I'm going to betray you."

...Wait.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dr. Buttass posted:

And all those times when he said "I'm the Metal Head leader and I'm going to betray you."

...Wait.
Only in the German vocal track.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ViggyNash posted:

I'm so happy, I'll finally get to see what happens after the final boss. gently caress that boss fight.
I remember the tears I had beating that boss fight, especially after dying so many times over and over and not getting my loving ammo replenished.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't remember having that much trouble with the final boss. I mean it was tough, but final bosses are kind of meant to be.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I kind of like the Baron at the end there. Leading the charge in when the chips are down. Giving Jak the stone so he can finish the job. It makes him more than just a dictator villain, he actually is the warrior he builds himself up to be.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Tenebrais posted:

I kind of like the Baron at the end there. Leading the charge in when the chips are down. Giving Jak the stone so he can finish the job. It makes him more than just a dictator villain, he actually is the warrior he builds himself up to be.

I think he was more of giving Jak the offer to use the second bomb, or trying to use it on the spot (when you're that beat up/dying/in agonizing pain you don't always think straight).

Still, as much of an rear end in a top hat as he is, he does get some points for actually charging the metal-head with no fear. He really, really was trying to protect his people from being killed by Metalheads, he was just a massive rear end in a top hat while doing it and not exactly good at his job.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Tenebrais posted:

I did like the one-two reversal you had going on with Krew and the Baron there. A backstab and then a... what's the opposite of backstab? Frontshield?

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 17: The Ugly One Cut | Uncut

And with that the game comes to a close. But don't you go anywhere there's still a bonus video to come.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Alkydere posted:

I think he was more of giving Jak the offer to use the second bomb, or trying to use it on the spot (when you're that beat up/dying/in agonizing pain you don't always think straight).

Still, as much of an rear end in a top hat as he is, he does get some points for actually charging the metal-head with no fear. He really, really was trying to protect his people from being killed by Metalheads, he was just a massive rear end in a top hat while doing it and not exactly good at his job.

Well yeah he was kinda ineffective and a jerk but he meant to fight.

Also now you get to do Jak 3 right?! :downs:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Heavenator posted:

Episode 16: Hey, Really Giger Cut | Uncut

Haha oh my god. The graphical glitch during the Kor reveal scene turning his entire face pitch black is just fantastic. :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I was so happy when it turned out that Sig was alive and badass enough to shoot out of the centipede metalhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

The Heavenator posted:

Episode 17: The Ugly One Cut | Uncut

And with that the game comes to a close. But don't you go anywhere there's still a bonus video to come.

Wait, what's this about new Homestar Runner?

• Locked thread