Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So I suppose the true game there is reading the icons well enough to stop the wheel on one of your surviving pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Glazius posted:

So I suppose the true game there is reading the icons well enough to stop the wheel on one of your surviving pieces.

But that's the problem. It's one of those roulette wheels that NEVER has the same amount of slowdown between when you hit the button, and it actually stops. Sometimes it'll stop on a dime, other times, it'll stop a second or two AFTER the button is pressed. You can get close, but there's always that random factor.

Also, an update, lost my back up save for the Paladin runs, and since this game doesn't have multiple saves, that means those will be delayed until the game is finished proper. Not a big loss, but it's still disheartening a bit. Regardless, not dead, next update will be within a couple of days!

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:siren:Update!:siren:

Chapter 6

BMS posted:

...next update will be within a couple of days!

Next couple of days of course means 21. LP logic.

Oh man, the Vampire dinning hall! Filled to the brim with tons of....everything but vampires. Ok sure. A shitload of Ghouls!©, and one ugly fatass, known as Happy Abobo....the EVIL BUTCHER. He cooks things, mostly human remains, and then feeds them to Patrick Stewart's pets. WHY he is in the Vampire's employ, or WHAT he is, or why he looks...well, like he does, is a mystery. Maybe when human feet are your Doritos, this is what happens, who knows.

Anyway, the boss fight itself looks interesting, but once you understand the simple gimmick he has, it quickly just becomes a tedious sequence. He has a ton of health for whatever reason, and can regenerate it be eating WALL MEAT (def: meat hanging on the wall). He throws poo poo at you, and can drink something that allows him to briefly cosplay as Karnov.

Once you're done with the Butcher, you can grab the key and open up the final room, which contains a silly magic switch puzzle. But not before climbing up to the very top of this room for some LORE...as well as clipping through a solid wood floor because, PROGRAMMING.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
It's not quite traditional Castlevania Wall MeatTM, but hey wall meat!

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
This is probably the best and easiest point in the game to grind experience for the upgrades: there's a checkpoint right after the boss puts on pot on his head, at which point it only takes a few hits to make him vulnerable and finish him off with a QTE. If you then restart from the last checkpoint right after you kill him, you keep the 1000 exp you get from killing him and can easily kill him again, repeat as necessary.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AnotherGamer posted:

This is probably the best and easiest point in the game to grind experience for the upgrades: there's a checkpoint right after the boss puts on pot on his head, at which point it only takes a few hits to make him vulnerable and finish him off with a QTE. If you then restart from the last checkpoint right after you kill him, you keep the 1000 exp you get from killing him and can easily kill him again, repeat as necessary.

This is true! I had that in my little notes to mention, but overlooked it. But yes, this and Wygol village (fighting Ghouls!©) are the best places in the game to farm experience. If you feel the need to max out early. (You'll naturally acquire the experience needed from standard playing, but getting it early and all those SWEET upgrades right off the bat doesn't hurt either!)

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Actually, the Evil Butcher didn't come completely out of nowhere, it's a 2D castlevania enemy. Well, an enemy from one 2D castlevania.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Just found this, and caught up. Enjoying it very much - I got this game when it came out, because the demo showed off how pretty it was, and I didn't realize how the combat was going to be much much more of the same except more-so (and harder).

I also didn't realize that I'm not very good at this genre of games. My guess for the large amount of hand-holding is that MercurySteam knew they were going to get a bunch of 2D Castlevania fans who would not be super-savvy with DMC or GoW. Or maybe that's giving them too much credit.

I got a few chapters in, and lost interest. Then I picked it up a few years ago, and made it at least to where you are now, but not much beyond that.

I'd guessed where they were going plot-wise back at the cut scene in Chpt 2 at Pan's place. Claudia and Cornell pretty cemented the plot arc.

I'm looking forward to how it all is finally presented, mainly because much of my joy/schadenfreude comes from RSCNyx's strangled chokes and "Holy Christ!" as he reacts to whatever the plot just did. (I am also enjoying BMS making this all look easy; thank you for LPing this so I don't have to finish it!)

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chapter 7

:siren:IF YOU'RE NOT WATCHING ON CHROME, THEN YOU MIGHT BE MISSING SOME OF THE BENEFITS THAT 60FPS GABRIEL BELMONT CAN PROVIDE!:siren:

Alrighty! Chapter 7 starts out with us heading from the outer areas of the Castle, and further into the Vampire's lair. Specifically, the Sciency part. Patrick Stewart tells us that before the Vampire Dark Lord took up residency here, a man by the name of Frankenstein used to call this place home, and used it to conduct all sorts of science. Apparently Carmilla didn't like science, as she tortued the hell out of poor Franky, and left him alive while she fed on him, without turning him somehow (or maybe she did, and still tortued him....it's not clear on that one!). Anyway, the Electric Laboratory has a new gimmick for us, involving punch pads that manipulate electric conductors. Well, this gimmick wears thing, after having to do it in three sequentially expanding areas. Cool, I guess.

The bright side, though, is we get to fight a cool looking boss. The Mechanical Monstrosity is pretty snazzy in design, and is actually one of the "fair" bosses to fight. In that it doesn't spam unblockable move, you have a little freedom with how to deal with it and such. Of course, an odd glitch occurs when I try to use the conductor to damage it the first time. It SHOULD take off half it's health, but the thing just casually shrugs it off in slow-mo here for some reason, which is pretty silly.

Two things to note, there actually WAS a rumor that the Mechanical Monstrosity was old Franky himself, but that has been debunked. Secondly, IGA is now known as Igga. Canon fact.

Also, fun fact, Shadow Magic apparently fucks people up. For anybody keeping track of the lore in the second post of the thread, one of the knights in the upcoming level, which describes a Brotherhood Soldier slowly becoming some type of homicidal maniac, and blaming it on his overuse of Shadow Magic.

I wonder what other world events could be explained away with Shadow Magic?

Kacie posted:

Just found this, and caught up. Enjoying it very much - I got this game when it came out, because the demo showed off how pretty it was, and I didn't realize how the combat was going to be much much more of the same except more-so (and harder).

I also didn't realize that I'm not very good at this genre of games. My guess for the large amount of hand-holding is that MercurySteam knew they were going to get a bunch of 2D Castlevania fans who would not be super-savvy with DMC or GoW. Or maybe that's giving them too much credit.

I got a few chapters in, and lost interest. Then I picked it up a few years ago, and made it at least to where you are now, but not much beyond that.

I'd guessed where they were going plot-wise back at the cut scene in Chpt 2 at Pan's place. Claudia and Cornell pretty cemented the plot arc.

I'm looking forward to how it all is finally presented, mainly because much of my joy/schadenfreude comes from RSCNyx's strangled chokes and "Holy Christ!" as he reacts to whatever the plot just did. (I am also enjoying BMS making this all look easy; thank you for LPing this so I don't have to finish it!)

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! Yeah, it's not TOO terribly hard to figure out the plot, BUT, I will say this, there's one final plot twist right at the end that comes from so far in left field, that it's seriously either brilliant, or batshit. I'll let everybody else decide that one!

BMS fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 19, 2014

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Notably the scientist mentioned is Friedrich von Frankenstein, whereas the title character in Mary Shelley's original work is instead Victor Frankenstein. So far as I can tell from a cursory glance, there's only one other work which mentions a Frankenstein by that given name...Young Frankenstein.

So whenever Frankenstein gets mentioned again, just think of the gravedigging scene. It's better that way.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Ugh those loving punch pads.

I got stuck on this boss for the longest time because i was unable to properly aim my ground punches... Always ended up landing a little ahead or a little behind of the pad.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The puzzles in that chapter are actually really well-designed- the's good iterative expansion with each one.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Of course there's the question of why if a rat can accidentally trigger it by stepping on it, why do you have to fist it each time instead of also just stepping on it?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Of course there's the question of why if a rat can accidentally trigger it by stepping on it, why do you have to fist it each time instead of also just stepping on it?

Rat big.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The puzzles in that chapter are actually really well-designed- the's good iterative expansion with each one.
They would've been if they hadn't been artificially padded by requiring the player to go from pad to pad and watch an annoying animation each time you want to change the configuration. I think it would've worked better as a top-down mini-game thing they used for some other puzzles.

edit - Although holy poo poo do I live the music in this part, it does help mitigate the tediousness somewhat.

Pizdec fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 22, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That was the weirdest level end screen so far, I think.

The monster you thought defeated slowly rises, its limbs crackling with some strange enerGOOD JOB LEVEL OVER.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Glazius posted:

The monster you thought defeated slowly rises, its limbs crackling with some strange enerGOOD JOB LEVEL OVER.

I still can't get over the constant random 'you're walking down a perfectly normal hallw-LEVEL OVER'

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chapter 7

Oh boy! Another puzzle level! This one revolves around us using various lenses to manipulate a beam of light, to open doors to new areas, so we can locate...more lenses! I guess this is ok for a stage idea, at least it introduces fairly interesting new gimmick puzzle involving the Shadow Dash. Unfortunately, this is the last we'll see of it. Oh possibly unique game puzzle idea, we hardly knew ye.

Also, somebody familiar is back, and mad as hell that we "cheated"! She has a few tricks up her sleeve that she learned from Palpatine and she wants to play, only this time there's no Reactor Shaft to toss her down! How will Gabriel get out of this pickle? :ohdear:

In addition, according to one of the Brotherhood Soldier lore scrolls, Shadow Magic makes you turn to the darkside apparently. Maybe that explains what's wrong with Gabriel! He used too much of the Shadow juice, and now he's batshit.

NGDBSS posted:

Notably the scientist mentioned is Friedrich von Frankenstein, whereas the title character in Mary Shelley's original work is instead Victor Frankenstein. So far as I can tell from a cursory glance, there's only one other work which mentions a Frankenstein by that given name...Young Frankenstein.

So whenever Frankenstein gets mentioned again, just think of the gravedigging scene. It's better that way.

Ya know, I really hadn't paid that much attention to that but you're right. The fact that the game references the Young Frankenstein version of Franky, actually makes much more sense, and fits into this game so much better (RSCNyx & I discuss this in the first video of Chapter 8 actually).

insanityv2, Discendo Vox, Arcade Rabbit, Pizdec, Rick Hunter posted:

PUNCH PADS

Well I thought that the idea behind the puzzle was sound and was a good gimmick! But, like most good ideas this game has, it abuses the poo poo out of it to the point of it not being fun anymore. Which is a shame, it's just enough to break up the monotony of the gameplay, only to become stale itself, which is a shame. The punch puzzle was cool for the first two rooms, but throwing in the massive third room with the CROWBAR shenanigans just dragged it out too much in my opinion. The rat however...the rat made it all worthwhile. It's just such a shame that Gabriel didn't have the same idea of chewing into the electrical diode himself. Something tells me he would have liked that.

This too. That thing could've been a mini-boss.

Pizdec posted:

edit - Although holy poo poo do I live the music in this part, it does help mitigate the tediousness somewhat.

The music for most of the Castle levels is great. Chill and relax. They abuse the "Waterfalls of Agharta" track quite a bit, but...I'm completely ok with this!

Glazius posted:

Neruz posted:

I still can't get over the constant random 'you're walking down a perfectly normal hallw-LEVEL OVER'

It's really out of place, especially your first time through when you'll just be casually walking along a hallway/staircase, or repelling down a wall and then BAM...the book will pop up with victory music. It doesn't get any better either.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So, regarding that light puzzle: all the color mixes are indeed sound, adding red, green and blue light does give you white... But that's additive colors! That puzzle would only work if the lenses were somehow light sources, when they're obviously supposed to be filters (although, for no adequately explored reason, the light passing through them seems to be brighter than the light shining on them), in which case aligning any two lenses should block the light completely.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 1, 2015

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Aumanor posted:

So, regarding that light puzzle: all the color mixes are indeed sound, adding red, green and blue light does give you white... But that's additive colors! That puzzle would only work if the lenses were somehow light sources, when they're obviously supposed to be filters (although, for no adequately explored reason, the light passing through them seems to be brighter than the light shining on them), in which case aligning any two lenses should block the light completely.

I always love it when art gets how light works wrong, come on guys I know you had at least one artist on the team who should know how light and colour work.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Neruz posted:

I always love it when art gets how light works wrong, come on guys I know you had at least one artist on the team who should know how light and colour work.

I just feel validated that my initial suspicion that it was hosed up was correct...haha

Aumanor posted:

You know, thinking about it for more than 5 minutes during an LP video, that DOES make sense. The lenses aren't adding new colors to the beam, but are simply altering the already existing beam. So gently caress you Lords of Shadow, SCIENCE wins.

LoS: 0
Science:...what? At least 50 now yes?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

BMS posted:

I just feel validated that my initial suspicion that it was hosed up was correct...haha

You know, thinking about it for more than 5 minutes during an LP video, that DOES make sense. The lenses aren't adding new colors to the beam, but are simply altering the already existing beam. So gently caress you Lords of Shadow, SCIENCE wins.

LoS: 0
Science:...what? At least 50 now yes?

Yeah, basically the way human sight works if you take sources of red, green and blue light and mix them you get white light so the puzzle makes sense if the 'lenses' are actually generating the light but they're clearly being aligned and used like filters not projectors so nope makes no sense.

Plus if they're filters then there is already a source of white light and if you pass white light through a red filter you cannot then add blue back to the light by passing the red light through a blue filter because you took the blue light out with the red filter and its not loving there anymore :psyduck:

e: Nope I've thought about it some more and it doesn't make sense because the lenses are colored crystals passing the red light through the green crystalprojectorthing should just result in the generated green light coming out and the red light being absorbed by the green crystal it shouldn't combine into yellow light. Totally nonsensical.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 3, 2015

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Neruz posted:

Totally nonsensical.

Just like drat near everything else in this game.

So is the little girl just gone now, or do we get a proper boss fight with her later or what? I didn't even realize she was and enough to attack Gabby like that anyway. We didn't hear a single pip out of her all last level and most of this level! Then she sees Gabby's electrocution induced near-death hallucination (somehow!?) and is all like "Aw I'm so sorry" and fucks off. Unless that was actually the ghost of his dead wife telling him to be stronger and not die yet. "Come on Gabby, its just a little Force Lightening! Put on your big boy pants and deal with it!" What even the gently caress is going on anymore :psyduck:

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Just like drat near everything else in this game.

So is the little girl just gone now, or do we get a proper boss fight with her later or what? I didn't even realize she was and enough to attack Gabby like that anyway. We didn't hear a single pip out of her all last level and most of this level! Then she sees Gabby's electrocution induced near-death hallucination (somehow!?) and is all like "Aw I'm so sorry" and fucks off. Unless that was actually the ghost of his dead wife telling him to be stronger and not die yet. "Come on Gabby, its just a little Force Lightening! Put on your big boy pants and deal with it!" What even the gently caress is going on anymore :psyduck:

loving Sith-Lord Vampires...WITH A HEART. THAT'S what's going on.

Also, no, we won't hear from her until the DLC chapters! (She does playa much larger role for the first DLC though, so there's that). I like to think she's going back and rebuilding her puppets after Gabriel ripped them up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, new weirdest end of level. Gabriel stands up from his near-death experience, not really understanding what just hapGOOD JOB LEVEL OVER.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
At least it ended after a cutscene that time. What would have been really weird is if they gave you back control for 5 seconds before ending the level, like they've done before.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Minor correction to a correction: IGA is pronounced "eega"

As stupid as the plot is getting at this point in the game, it is where the gameplay began taking off, IMO

Though the canyon levels, apart from the silly platforms, are where the game hits just the right amount of stupid in plot and gameplay to really shine.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Ryushikaze posted:

As stupid as the plot is getting at this point in the game, it is where the gameplay began taking off, IMO.
I keep repating that but folks, you have seen nothing yet.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chapter 8

Oh boy! Fun and excitement on the Outer Wall! (Not really, but it looks pretit looks pretit looks pretit looks pretty...has that record broken already?). Nothing major here in terms of gameplay though. Another extremely ambiguous Magic puzzle, and a few forced duels with some skeletons, vamps, and the dreaded Swordmasters who continue to pretty much beat me down at every encounter.

The Clock(work) Tower though.....Since this game is known for it's platforming :ohdear:, so why not make an entire stage based on it! Cool. Also, the Frankenspider makes his not-so-triumphant return. Not even a cutscene or a bit of fanfare, he just silently fades into nothing, never to be heard from again. Oh well, at least the level ends with Gabriel focusing on what really matters to him!

But, the next two stages of Chapter 8 are boss fights, with the final one being with the Dark Lord of the Vampires, so we're almost there!

anilEhilated posted:

I keep repeating that but folks, you have seen nothing yet.

Correctomundo. You really haven't. It gets good.mildly amusing

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Do you know anything about spiders? They're the fiercest killers in the insect kingdom.

These castle levels are some of the only times where this game actually comes into its own aesthethic as a modern Castlevania game instead of a generic LotR/GoW clone. Some of these shots wouldn't look out of place as 2D images in an old CV game, they are pretty spectacular.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
It's less a Frankenspider and more a Frankenscorpion, that said Scorpions and Spiders are fairly closely related so the confusion is understandable.

e: Also what Gabriel is doing at the moment is he is traveling through the Land of Vampires to find the Vampire Queen Carmilla and kill her to retrieve her piece of the God Mask (remember the thingy we got off the Werewolf Lord Cornell?) Laura, the little girl vamp is Carmilla's 'daughter' in that Carmilla stole her and turned her into a vampire centuries ago and now acts kind of motherly towards her.

The frankenstuff is because this used to be Frankenstein's castle but back before Carmilla became a Lord of Shadow she hated Frankenstein and vowed to make him pay for his crimes. When she went evil vampire queen she still hated Frankenstein and so she went and basically took over his castle and has spent the last few centuries tormenting him for her amusement. Being an evil vampire queen she doesn't really care about all the nasty experiments anymore so they're all still lying around.

e2: It's also worth noting that Gabriel's Gabrielness kind of makes sense in light of what happens in LoS2.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 10, 2015

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pizdec posted:

These castle levels are some of the only times where this game actually comes into its own aesthethic as a modern Castlevania game instead of a generic LotR/GoW clone. Some of these shots wouldn't look out of place as 2D images in an old CV game, they are pretty spectacular.

Oh no doubt. The backdrop for a lot of these levels is pretty amazing, especially the grand visuals of the exterior of the Castle. Really well done, and could completely see them being used in an older CV as the backdrop.

Neruz posted:

FRANKENSTUFF

Franky is probably one of the most talked about characters in the game, that remains ambiguous throughout the entire series. He's alluded to many times in the first game, but the most we see of him is his wacky Left-Hand-Frankensoon monster. He is talked about a LITTLE bit more in the DLC though. I DO think that Patrick Stewart rambled on about Carmilla hating Frankenstein before she turned into the LoS, and after she did and took over the Castle, started to torture him endlessly. (Electric Laboratory Intro I think?). Still, the extent to which she tortured him, and if he's still alive or not is a mystery.

As for Gabriel and what he's doing, we know he's out to tackle the Lords of Shadow to collect the God Mask to revive his wife, and next up is the Vampire Dark Lord. Carmilla (has she even been referred to by name yet? I can't remember if Patrick Stewart spilled the beans or not), being Laura's surrogate mother is fairly obvious as to what happened. But we'll find out more...IN THE DLC! (Heaven forbid they make the plot obvious in the main game...because gently caress that.).

Gabriel is Gabriel, regardless of what game. In LoS 1 he's goofy as gently caress, but tries not to be. In LoS 2, he's still goofy as gently caress, except he accepts that, and embraces his inner-goof. In fact, there's a boss in the game called Inner-GoofDracula

Speaking of Carmilla though, and the events of her taking over Franky's Castle and poo poo, makes me want to ask a question. What exactly is the timeline we're looking at here? How long of a time gap was it from when the "Three Founders" became the Lords of Shadow, to the current set of events. Some things lead me to believe it may have just been a generation ago or so, such as people acting like the spell separating Heaven from Earth is something new, and other things lead me to believe that it was much, MUCH longer. Such as Laura being centuries old. And the kicker is, is that as far as I'm aware, Mercury Steam never came out with a specific timeline on this poo poo. If you're going to try and make a plot heavy/story heavy game, at least give us a timeline damnit. Ambiguity is cool and all, but Jesus this is insane.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
Gabriel.

Gabriel never changes. What convoluted bullshit will he come up with next to solve the simplest of problems?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

BMS posted:

Gabriel is Gabriel, regardless of what game. In LoS 1 he's goofy as gently caress, but tries not to be. In LoS 2, he's still goofy as gently caress, except he accepts that, and embraces his inner-goof. In fact, there's a boss in the game called Inner-GoofDracula

Oh I know, I'm just saying that with what he has going on in LoS 2 his entire character in both games suddenly makes a lot more sense.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
Hey! Sorry it's been so long. Real life got in the way, but we have a new part coming up right now! It involves a boss that you may or may not be familiar with, from another Castlevania game!f It's...not a great boss, but don't take my word for it!

We also have more Ninja Cat Undead action, and really, that's the only thing you need.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chapter 8

Another level that is comprised of nothing but a boss fight...well mostly, there is a short, SHORT puzzle afterwards that is pretty pointless but what the hell, some puzzle is better than no puzzle right?In this case, that's wrong..this puzzle is pretty lame.

Olrox is the older brother of Brauner, and is, or course, another reference in name to his Symphony of the Night counterpart. Unlike SotN, he's not a human born vampire, nor does he turn into some giant green booger monster. Instead, he's a demon from Hell that was turned by Carmilla, and as such, can't take human form no matter how powerful he becomes.

As far as the fight is concerned, it's a drastic change of pace from pretty much everything we've face to this point, barring Cornell. It's a much quicker pace than anything else, and he doesn't really relent to let you catch a breather, so you have to constantly be on your toes to anticipate his teleporting and fast attacks. Fun fight right? It compliments the combat system well, unfortunately like 99% of all things in this game, MercurySteam ruined it with a gimmick, that drags out the fight not twice as long, not 3 times as long, nor even 4 times...but FIVE loving TIMES as long as it should be. And nothing changes each time he regenerates, he doesn't get new attacks, nor become any harder to fight, it's the same boss battle...five times over. So I hope you enjoy the fun and quick pace of the combat here, because you're going to be forced to fight this fucker like that for about 10 minutes. Enjoy.

Oh also, next up is the Vampire Dark Lord. Complete with long staircase and everything. How will Gabriel match up with female-not-Dracula? ONE CAN ONLY GUESS IN THIS BATTLE OF WIT AND SKILL.

RSCNyx posted:

Gabriel.

Gabriel never changes. What convoluted bullshit will he come up with next to solve the simplest of problems?

Don't ask questions that you really, REALLY don't want the answers to! You should've learned that by now RSCNyx!

Neruz posted:

Oh I know, I'm just saying that with what he has going on in LoS 2 his entire character in both games suddenly makes a lot more sense.

While this is true, it DOES explain a lot of his moodiness, it doesn't explain his incompetence.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
It might have taken too long to notice this, but holy poo poo they use the word evil a lot in these dialogs. Like there was 10 evils in that opening.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Patrick Stewart works so hard to sell that last super cheesy line - that whole thing about "Olrox, meet Gabriel Belmont and his Vampire Killer!"

Might be the worst line yet he's had to read.

OldManMarsh
Sep 25, 2013

leeeettsss play
At some parts this game actually has pretty alright ideas. Then fucks up the execution so badly it hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
So where's the link BMS? :colbert:

• Locked thread