Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Eddie Gerard Gordeaun

The Cruel Tutelage of Bai Jei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
BJ in that vest and AMERICA helmet is my new favorite thing.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I swear I remember the preview saying this episode had something unexpected happen.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

omg chael crash posted:

I swear I remember the preview saying this episode had something unexpected happen.

Unexpectedly people are still watching this boring season?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Unexpectedly people are still watching this boring season?

lol

Seriously I forgot this was on, is there any reason to catch up?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
nnnnnnope

Last night was getting near the end of their time in the house and they were watching UFC 167. Having this bad season air 6+ months later was very unnecessary. Literally nobody from this season is going to have a UFC career longer than the time the season was spent in can.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Have they gotten to the part where Coleman had to deal with "a situation" in the house yet? That's pretty much the only thing I'm interested in.

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
The guy who apparently won his fight last night, Matt Van Buren, was on the Bellator highlight reel last week of some random fat dude who one punch KO'd him in 15 seconds. Sokoudjou then dominated that fat dude and choked him out. This is the same season in which Dana trashed on Bellator because Lyman Good couldn't get into the house.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

colonel_korn posted:

Have they gotten to the part where Coleman had to deal with "a situation" in the house yet? That's pretty much the only thing I'm interested in.

Unless they were previewing something further out I'm pretty sure the situation was during a housebreak where both teams were watching a UFC and Coleman came to watch it with them, directly after the 12-6 elbow/circle-who-won fight, a really lame argument broke out about who won the fight between 3-4 people, accusations of being on periods were thrown around.

Coleman sat around looking annoyed during the whole thing saying nothing and then later they did a cutaway interview where he basically said "That was good to see. I like it when they don't like eachother. Lets do more of that"

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
They mentioned house hijinx next week so I'm optimistic Coleman will have to lay down the law

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Pre-fight scrum, Dana admitted that this is the most disappointing season of TUF. But he does say that the fights pick up at the end. Dana said that Joe Silva is the one who decides how many cast members get to fight on the finale.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Pre-fight scrum, Dana admitted that this is the most disappointing season of TUF. But he does say that the fights pick up at the end. Dana said that Joe Silva is the one who decides how many cast members get to fight on the finale.

Worse than the Bang Bro season? How?!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Captain Log posted:

TUF 16 with Carwin and Nelson was bad but it had weird moments like that, a guy biting another fighter, Nelson giving his fighters horrible training, Neil Magny, and a few other lowlights. Enough to keep you entertained through some awful fights.

This season of TUF has just been plain boring. Currently both seasons have had the same 1/8 finish rate for the first round of fights.

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001

Captain Log posted:

Nobody flipped out in the house enough to come up with something as infamous as LET ME BANG BRO JUST LET ME BANG?

I dunno, the fights are pretty lovely, and there's not much in the way of reality TV hijinks in the house either.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Bubba Smith posted:

TUF 16 with Carwin and Nelson was bad but it had weird moments like that, a guy biting another fighter, Nelson giving his fighters horrible training, Neil Magny, and a few other lowlights. Enough to keep you entertained through some awful fights.

This season of TUF has just been plain boring. Currently both seasons have had the same 1/8 finish rate for the first round of fights.

Hehe that was the first full season of TUF I ever watched. I train with that dude who bit that guy.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

TheTrend posted:

Hehe that was the first full season of TUF I ever watched. I train with that dude who bit that guy.

Wasn't that the even battier(?) Joe Lauzon guy? What's he doing these days?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ariza posted:

Wasn't that the even battier(?) Joe Lauzon guy? What's he doing these days?

His last fight was almost a year ago against Waachiim Spiritwolf, who beat the poo poo out of him.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkN8V2Xogsw

I do, I do let you bang.

A season was worth that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
"circle who you think won" was pretty fuckin' funny but once you understand what actually happened and realize they can't have draws it sort of makes sense. Other than that it's a real snoozer and I wish they would've just had Frankie and BJ fight instead of coach TUF.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
How far does this all put us from the UFC picking up my new pilot, "Mark Coleman is a great Dad that mutters about things while he should really be in an AA meeting."

(Title in progress)

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I like how everybody comes out of the private Dana talks like they just got Any Given Sunday fed to them intravenously

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Tim's been watching his Imanari tapes :huh:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I still have trouble comprehending an Irishman doing wrestles, even if he's been training with MARK COLEMAN for a decade straight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
"Cathal's stinging with defeat right now, but he'll just have to step up and do better next time. That's all a man can do."
-BJ

His mother, presumably, does all the rest

TerryCheesecake
Aug 2, 2003
-
TUF 19 - lovely draws forever

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
These guys' personalities are just so blah that I actually fast forwarded straight to the fight. This season has finally broken my tolerance for tuf.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I've got however many episodes since the Mazzagatti fuckup on my DVR unwatched because I just can't find it in me to care about this season.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

They could have changed the entire cast in the middle of the season and nobody would have noticed. In fact I insist they do that next there there's a boring season.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

These guys' personalities are just so blah that I actually fast forwarded straight to the fight. This season has finally broken my tolerance for tuf.

I wrote the OP and watched about 3 episodes (and I even watched all of TUF Brazil 1 and 3). Come to think of it, I'm ashamed I wrote the OP. The fights to get into the house were actually promising. There needs to be only on TUF a year max at this point.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I learned my lesson this season and will just watch the fights to get into the house next time.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Brasseye posted:

I learned my lesson this season and will just watch the fights to get into the house next time.

There's that, but you have to bear in mind that next season is tiny women, some of whom are kind of good looking.

It'll sound cynical, but it's going to be a winner in terms of TUF, but also will potentially get decent ratings overall.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

wooger posted:

There's that, but you have to bear in mind that next season is tiny women, some of whom are kind of good looking.

It'll sound cynical, but it's going to be a winner in terms of TUF, but also will potentially get decent ratings overall.

The last TUF with women on it was even worse than this. One of the worst in recent memory. Not to mention the card it produced was voted in the top 3 worst of the year. I think the only TUF I'm marginally interested in coming up is TUF Latin America. I don't think were gonna find these hidden Latin American prospects Dana keeps going on about, but it'll be an interesting change of pace and the fighter quality will assuredly be better than TUF china (having better production goes without saying).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The last TUF with women was also co-ed so every other episode was the exact same bullshit we get every go around. The next one is women only, it's a new weightclass, it's for the freaking belt instead of a contract, everyone is more established than your average TUF try-out guy, many of them have had almost a whole year to prepare for the show. It's got a lot going for it...but it's still TUF so I would say be cautiously optimistic.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 20, 2014

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The last TUF with women was also co-ed so every other episode was the exact same bullshit we get every go around. The next one is women only, it's a new weightclass, it's for the freaking belt instead of a contract, everyone is more established than your average TUF try-out guy. It's got a lot going for it...but it's still TUF so I would say be cautiously optimistic.

I understand what you're saying but there were supposed to be legit prospects among the women on the previous TUF as well in order to flesh out a super thin division. We ended up with a woman who messed up her leg then lied about it. I can hardly remember any other contestant aside from Roxanne DBZ sketcher Modaferri, that really tall redheaded woman, and Shayna who was supposed to be good but wasn't. This should be better in theory being that it's for a belt, but as many TUF contestants have pointed out, fighting so many times in a short time frame lends itself to boring fights. No matter how much Dana chastises people and puts out bonuses for finishes, being the guy who wins the whole thing is better than being the guy getting caught trying to go for a finish in his first fight to please Dana (also just trying to avoid injuries leads to boring fights). US based TUFs should be yearly at best at this point. They clog up too many title fights and produce dreck. Serra's idea of bringing back a TUF redemption series was the only good idea I've heard in awhile regarding the series.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 20, 2014

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The last TUF with women was also co-ed so every other episode was the exact same bullshit we get every go around.

Which was particularly funny because all the episodes featuring female fights had notably higher ratings.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brasseye posted:

who would have guessed that a reality show featuring Frankie Edgar could be so boring. then again, they're doing one with Cain so it's not like they learn.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

fatherdog posted:

Which was particularly funny because all the episodes featuring female fights had notably higher ratings.

I was doing exactly that until I lost track one week and said gently caress it. We even had a whole party watching one of Pena's fights before Pacquiao/Bradley 2.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I understand what you're saying but there were supposed to be legit prospects among the women on the previous TUF as well in order to flesh out a super thin division. We ended up with a woman who messed up her leg then lied about it. I can hardly remember any other contestant aside from Roxanne DBZ sketcher Modaferri, that really tall redheaded woman, and Shayna who was supposed to be good but wasn't.

Thing is, 135 was already established as a division in the UFC at that point so all of the good fighters were already there. This time around they're doing it to establish the division so all the top fighters are in the tournament. It would be like if the 135 lb season of TUF had Tate and Rousey as contestants on it rather than coaches, as well as the rest of the contenders like Carmouche, Davis, McMann, etc. And women's 115 is probably deeper than 135 as well. Based on what I've seen from some of the contestants on Invicta, I'm pretty optimistic about the upcoming season.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Edgar's team is loving stupid. Walsh is absolutely right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerryCheesecake
Aug 2, 2003
-

sportsgenius86 posted:

Edgar's team is loving stupid. Walsh is absolutely right.

Yep, gently caress Frankie and his team of morons.

• Locked thread