Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
and it is still uig, so avoid like the plague. Seriously, never buy a uig product. EA has better support for their games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
When I want a reminder I like to go watch the trailers they made for agricultural simulator to see that they couldn't even get a decent frame rate for their own promotional material let alone for people who buy the game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/92900/

They may have improved the framerate slightly after this game since it is kind of old, but their games on that engine are just bad, and that ski-world one looks like the same engine.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Skwee posted:

When I want a reminder I like to go watch the trailers they made for agricultural simulator to see that they couldn't even get a decent frame rate for their own promotional material let alone for people who buy the game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/92900/

They may have improved the framerate slightly after this game since it is kind of old, but their games on that engine are just bad, and that ski-world one looks like the same engine.

holy poo poo that soundtrack though

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Construction simulator doesn't have dedicated servers? Boo :(

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hmmm, what's this? Ski-World Simulator?

quote:

Your tasks
Prepare the slopes with the snow cat, take care of the daily business and keep the roads leading to your skiing region clear so that the skiers can spend time and money in your skiing area. The more achievements you have, the more money goes in your cashbox – and soon your skiing area will be the biggest in the country.

Features
-Huge snowworld in the alps
-Animated skiers and ski-lifts
-Drive strong snow cats
-Commercial focus – do your own investments and enlarge your skiing area
-Realistic day/night circle
-Realistic physics
-Multiplayer in networks

:swoon:

edit: Ah poo poo...

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 18, 2014

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There's already ski region simulator.
Its farm sim covered in snow from the reviews.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Ski-World Simulator seems to be the second iteration of this Snowcat Simulator game I have sitting here. Also from UIG. Don't buy it.

The company that made Farming Sim, Giants, also made Ski Region Sim and Demolition Company using the same engine.

Not only does this simulator genre have bad games, it also has bad imitations of games that were not so bad. Probably with the whole intent so that when a kid asks for a game, his parents may end up buying the imitation by accident. The backyard movies/mockbusters in PC gaming.

Stick Insect fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 18, 2014

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Harminoff posted:

Construction simulator doesn't have dedicated servers? Boo :(

It's only 4 players max, and not really sure it's an open world game like Farming Sim

Only time will tell now, who pre-ordered? :neckbeard:

[Edit]

Not sure if anyone is interested in this, I've played it before and it's pretty good

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253710/

Basically a f2p hunting simulator, it has microtransactions if you want to get better guns or tags to hunt other animals, or play barbie dress up

But just doing the free stuff is fun, and I think you're able to have quite a few people in one instance

No need for dedicated servers it's all done through their web-client, graphics wise it's quite pretty

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 19, 2014

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
I played theHunter a few years ago. The visuals are really quite pretty, and the audio is nice and immersive. It feels odd at first to play an FPS where you might only fire a single shot over a long period of time, but the process of tracking the animals and then setting up the shot without getting detected is pretty fun. I've never been hunting IRL and it isn't something I'm interested in doing, but as a game this sim is a fun way to spend a couple of hours.
The free mode lets you hunt a single type of animal in one area. You can either buy one-off licenses for other hunts, or subscriptions that come with a bunch of licenses built in. Similar for weapons/ammo

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Deanut Pancer posted:

I played theHunter a few years ago. The visuals are really quite pretty, and the audio is nice and immersive. It feels odd at first to play an FPS where you might only fire a single shot over a long period of time, but the process of tracking the animals and then setting up the shot without getting detected is pretty fun. I've never been hunting IRL and it isn't something I'm interested in doing, but as a game this sim is a fun way to spend a couple of hours.
The free mode lets you hunt a single type of animal in one area. You can either buy one-off licenses for other hunts, or subscriptions that come with a bunch of licenses built in. Similar for weapons/ammo

I believe its also possible to win licenses etc from competitions

But just like the competitions in other online games, there are always people who have no-way-possible high scores within the first 5 minutes, so chances of winning anything are next to nil

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Sappo569 posted:

It's only 4 players max, and not really sure it's an open world game like Farming Sim

Only time will tell now, who pre-ordered? :neckbeard:

Farily positive it is:

quote:

Explore an expansive, freely navigable world with various towns, fields, and even a highway

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Skwee posted:

Farily positive it is:

Right but from the streams I've been watching, everything is contained to pre-made work areas, you can't just drive off anywhere and start digging a hole

I'm just concerned it's going to be super limited in what 4 people can do working in a 10x10 site

I mean I'll still play the living poo poo out of it when I get home in about 4 hours, anyone else ?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i wonder if someone will make a mod that will just let me bugger off and dig a big rear end hole somewhere. if the steam discussions make it sound good i might pick it up.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i wonder if someone will make a mod that will just let me bugger off and dig a big rear end hole somewhere. if the steam discussions make it sound good i might pick it up.

Well I just played the first tutorial and a small job

So far it seems each job is basically completing a bunch of steps

The job I just had was, transport 4 pallets of bricks, followed by 4 pallets of roof tiles, then 2 pallets of insulation

Each time you drop off a 'step' the building magically absorbs them and gets bigger/better

I'm sure its exactly the same for anything else, dig a trench here, and then it magically evens the edges out and places whatever it is inside for you

Not really sure what I was expecting or hoping for aside from that sort of thing, but I want to try it online and see how much it improves with fellow retards

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Training-sim talk:
A buddy of mine is a video contractor and this was their latest release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCV2B24MCdA
Proper hardcore training simulator, from the no-fun-allowed commercial wing of the company that makes ARMA. Ideal for the build-your-own-tank-interior fan.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Stealing from another thread.

If anyone is looking for a thrustmaster warthog, amazon has them on sale today for $360. 

http://amzn.to/1xW90Yi 

Best time to get in on the flight sim bandwagon.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

Stealing from another thread.

If anyone is looking for a thrustmaster warthog, amazon has them on sale today for $360. 

http://amzn.to/1xW90Yi 

Best time to get in on the flight sim bandwagon.

Every thread I go into is trying to make me buy one... well no way!

[Content]

After putting almost 2 hours into Construction Simulator 2015:

I wouldn't recommend it, each portion of a 'site' or 'build' just feels like a grind, even something you think would be fun like using the excavator are simply not.

And the rest of the tasks are simple transport A -> B , not fun at all

Don't take my word for it however, there must be a stream or two on twitch. You'll see how frustratingly boring the whole thing is

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
FS2013 question: are round bales easier to handle than square ones? Because after making a dozen, I'm never touching square bales again.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

FS2013 question: are round bales easier to handle than square ones? Because after making a dozen, I'm never touching square bales again.

Not 100% sure if 2013 has the same equipment as 2015, but there is a square bail 'trailer' that automatically picks them up and stacks them for you

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

Not 100% sure if 2013 has the same equipment as 2015, but there is a square bail 'trailer' that automatically picks them up and stacks them for you

the square bale trailer has been in since at least 2011 and is in 13 as well. Manually handling bales pre '15 is terrible though which is why everyone used square bales unless absolutely necessary. And even then, the ursus dlc added both a smaller round baler along with a loading trailer for that smaller bale. These features were rolled into '15 base game.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

there are bale fork mods that have a key to lock/unlock bales to your fork

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pretty sad that loading a log trailer also means unloading it too. I figured that I could load it take to station then it would unload automatically...

Now I back the trailer into the water then pull it out.. seems easiest.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Pretty sure mine unloaded automatically at the wood depot, just get it in the box and it'll empty itself, sometimes if you leave the crane overhead to secure the logs in place you'll have to jiggle it around a little to get the last logs sold.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
And to add to that, it's like the trigger area is too low. As in, I drove to the unloading point, but nothing happened until I lowered the front loader almost to the ground. Had similar thing happen with a log trailer, only the very bottom most log was sold. Had to bump the trailer for the rest of the logs to settle to the bottom, where they finally disappeared.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Last night it worked fine with the log trailer bur wasnt the night before.
Also im a moron and was cutting all these odd and gnarly trees.. pine are simple as hell.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned:
Warehouse and Logistics Simulator on Giant Bomb

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That's the best pun.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Oh shiiiii-- You can pre-purchase project cars on steam.. Oh man. Totally not going to do it because its set for release in 4 months, but eventually..

Anyone know if you pre-purchase whether you will be able to play the development builds like if you had bought the packs a long time ago when they were still available, or is it just solely for buying the game when it is released?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I wonder if this is any better than ship sim extreeeeemeeeeeee. (Ly boring and sleep inducing)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/299250

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

tater_salad posted:

I wonder if this is any better than ship sim extreeeeemeeeeeee. (Ly boring and sleep inducing)

The developer doesn't exactly have a stellar track record. Definitely wouldn't touch it until it's out of early access.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Beep beep Costa Concordia Simulator!

Don't think I'd bother with this, especially with no MP, at least then you can have goons trying to ram each other's ocean liners

Not sure how This War is Mine ended up on that list, it's an actual good game (and not a simulator really). but it being listed along side DayZ should tell you alot about it

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Here's a video of it from some dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t9wSTSRHUg

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ship sim extreme let you pilot some coast guard stuff so that's a huge plus one.

Cedhed
Feb 27, 2006
Whee!
If anyone is wanting to give a train sim a try, Bundlestars has Trainz '12 (which is the current one) and a bunch of DLC on sale for $3.99 at the moment.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/trainz-mega-bundle/

They also have a bundle with a Euro Truck Simulator 1, Ski Region Simulator (the one by GIANTS), and a couple other games of unknown quality for the same price.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/big-rigs-bundle/

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cedhed posted:

If anyone is wanting to give a train sim a try, Bundlestars has Trainz '12 (which is the current one) and a bunch of DLC on sale for $3.99 at the moment.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/trainz-mega-bundle/

They also have a bundle with a Euro Truck Simulator 1, Ski Region Simulator (the one by GIANTS), and a couple other games of unknown quality for the same price.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/big-rigs-bundle/

oh god why do I click on these things?
Trainz is pretty fun, it's a train sim so there's not much going.. but the game and dlc is well worth $4 of your money if you like trains and want to spend time slowly building up speed.

ETS1 is pretty good but lacking if you have ETS2
Bus driver is moderately fun, mostly worth about a buck and an hour or two of time before you get bored
Scania Truck SIm is okay it's more of a do this driving task it's more like Scania truck licence getting game.
Ski region sim: No clue.. it's been on my wish list on and off and I just cant pull the trigger since I play farm sim and ETS a lot. It has a ~ review on Steam.
Trucks and trailers: Kind of like ETS and Scania together, it's mission based. no world building..

The Chaff
Rules of nations: NO clue
Farming world: No clue
Taxi: no clue

Not trying to beg but if anyone wants to toss away ski region sim .. let me know.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 24, 2014

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I know 2 posts.. but this is totally different content..

In Farm Sim 15 are you guys clicking the Send train button near the lumberyard? It seems that I get another 1x for each tree I drop off at the trailer drop. I didn't know about it and just picked up around 100k

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

tater_salad posted:

I know 2 posts.. but this is totally different content..

In Farm Sim 15 are you guys clicking the Send train button near the lumberyard? It seems that I get another 1x for each tree I drop off at the trailer drop. I didn't know about it and just picked up around 100k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3iZyn_2tw

The details if you don't want to watch the video:
He use the same log at all 3 sell points
pond: 8,235
selling box: 10,706
train car: 16,470
for the train car and sell box you only get half the value until you send the train off.

But yeah I've been sending it off.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I bought both bundles here is what I don't want or already have

Euro truck sim
Bus driver
Ruler of nations
Farming Game
Trainz12 (just the game not dlc)

Add me on steam (thesalad81) and pick something.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 24, 2014

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

tater_salad posted:

I bought both bundles here is what I don't want or already have

Euro truck sim
Bus driver
Ruler of nations
Farming Game
Trainz12 (just the game not dlc)

Add me on steam (thesalad81) and pick something.

Went ahead and picked up Trainz12. Thanks again tater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Arsonide posted:

Went ahead and picked up Trainz12. Thanks again tater.

God I almost bought both those packs ... and I don't even want any of the games :arghfist:

• Locked thread