Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
(Relatively busy week at school, so I'll be updating whenever I've got time - might be random snatches of time during tomorrow or the day after, may even be Friday, but whenever I have a stretch of time I'll try to bang out an update.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Mr Black

12/18 HP
3 Mobility
1 Attack
0 Armour
4 Corp point
20 Racer point
Parts: Red.Paint, Escape.Bike,Photo.Synthesis

Coming off his success dealing with what had been dubbed "Sillyfoot" Mr Black kept up with some fancy hoverbike moves, this time making sure the cameras got the best shots to for the PR department to disperse as promotional materials for Delta Solutions. Mr Black himself could not say anything of course: that would ruin his marketing persona. He could do a few flamboyant moves for the camera though, people wouln't notice how showy he was.

Shilling: 1d20 15

Still, even with the stampede and Sillyfoot still following, Mr Black could still outspeed most of the danger here with ease: the hoverbike was build for this kind of rough terrain.

Mobility: 1d20+3 23

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
What follows is a reminder that

quote:

22:45: DogKisser: FINE I SUCK AND AM GARBAGE

still holds true:

quote:

22:38: Theantero: Is it possible to have more than one part
22:38: Theantero: *more than one of the SAME part
22:39: DogKisser: like doubles of a part?
22:39: DogKisser: sure
22:39: DogKisser: i'm going to say yes and ignore any possible fallout of my decision
22:40: Theantero: I will literally
22:40: Theantero: Spend all my parts
22:40: Theantero: and msot of my points
22:40: Theantero: on CPU.Overclock :V
22:40: Theantero: +1 action per turn
22:40: Theantero: for each
22:42: DogKisser: i'm gonna go ahead and rescind both multiple parts and parts stacking ok byeeeee
22:42: DogKisser: ya munchkins

A three minute reversal! :v:

You can take away my PLANS, but you can never wash away your SHAAAAAAAAAAAME!

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Escutcheon Armor Technologies (0 points)
We will bury them.

Yeah, that was definitely long enough for it to sink in. Anton flipped on the tank's interior camera feed. People around the universe watched as the camera flipped on, revealing the tank's spacious cabin and Anton's chart-toppin' smile. Behind Anton, scantily clad women of all races wearing only Escutcheon brand Nanoweave Ballistikinis (guaranteed to protect your most delicate bits from everything from harpoons to Megaloshark bites to Gliesian razorsand) could be seen gyrating on poles, lounging in hot tubs, and manning the tank's many control panels. Anton filled his glass from the tank's champagne spigot and addressed the camera.

"Hey, folks at home! Don't know what I'm driving? Not surprising, there's only, like, 12 of these in the universe. This here is an Escutcheon Vanquisher, the finest in armored warfare! After all that poo poo that went down a few seconds ago, well, I think they might've scratched my paint job a little. That's the power of Escutcheon's patented Neutrolite plating technology! All the density of neutronium without the, uh..." Anton checked the ad copy again. Yup, that number was right. "90 bajillionzillion pounds! The Escutcheon Tankettes barely felt a thing!" He motioned at the women behind him, who all gave a trained, synchronized, "Heyyyyyyyy!" "You want one of these? Great! Contact your local Escutcheon sales representative for details!"

With that out of the way, it was time to REALLY get moving. Anton gave the engine control panel a healthy thump.

[1. Drive: 1d20+1 7]

Far behind him, the tank's fusion reactor made a grumpy sound. Anton rolled his eyes. At least he was going fast enough to test out the grinder, which he had been itching to do ever since Haglund showed him the thing. The warlord that commissioned this thing had excellent taste.

[2. Grinder (Juliet): 1d20+5 :siren:25:siren:] COME ON THEANTERO CRIT FAIL THAT ARMOR ROLL DADDY NEEDS HEALTH

The Vanquisher slowly advanced on the Testbed. Bits of the University's vehicle got caught in the grinder and redirected to the tank's foundry sublevel. The cloud of drones surrounding the tank used the various bits of processed metal to perform repairs.

Salvage: Punishment.Glutton 103
Salvage: Mobile.Stage 19
Salvage: Razzle.Dazzle 40

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Juliet the Post Doc
HP: 9/18
Mobility: 1
Armor: 0
Attack: 2
Parts: -
Corp points: 7
Racer points: 28
Gifted points (racer): 1
Special cooldown: 3/4

Juliet considered herself a woman of science. A rational type of person. Someone whose knack for finding relations of cause and effect was nearly impeccable.

But try as she might, she just could not figure out any plausible scenario for how a tank the size of a house had managed to sneak up on her. Well, none that ought to have been possible within the constraints of this particular universe, anyway.

All she could really do was max out her shields, close her eyes, and hope against hope.

[1. Defend]
[2. Defend]

Theantero fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 24, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

(Update tomorrow, sports fans - sorry for the delay!)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

You've escaped for now, but it's not dead - not by a long shot. It looks like you just pissed it off! And now you have other problems - the terrain is still crappy, but the beast's rampage has scared off a bunch of the local fauna. They smash against you in their efforts to escape a known predator, stampeding out of the way.

Your terminal pings unhelpfully, letting you know that there are those among the audience that would pay handsomely for a sample of these unique looking creatures. No problem - just have to grab one of them while avoiding a giant beast while driving through rough terrain and being shot at!

You have to turn down your external audio - between Sillyfoot’s bellowing and the squelching of the unfortunate beasts beneath your tires, its enough to do your head in. A HUD alert draws a fraction of your attention - hazy readings of one or more Garages in the area. As if you don’t have enough on your mind!

quote:

Miller Solutions (Project O)
Salvage Rolls: Razzle.Dazzle - 24 / Punishment.Glutton - 6
Mobility: 7
Defend [+5 Armor]
Defend - The creatures buffet against your shields harmlessly - you could reach out and pet them if you wanted! No Effect From Stampede
Descending into the Astrilian atmosphere, the (completely intentional) Miller Solutions Racer touched down into a complete mess of alien life. The Fleetwood’s armored tires crunched through a gaggle of knee-high rolling grazers (Green Forest Wheelers, the HUD flashed helpfully) before it sped off through the trails. Or, er, tried too - even with shielding active, the density made it difficult to get much of anywhere. Slugger blew a raspberry while laying on the horn - drat critters were more scared of that giant monster than they were of the Fleetwood’s tires. Fat lot of good it did them (Hopping Leafcutter) as they crunched (Twhirligig) beneath his tires (Slickback Roundabout)!

quote:

Ultrasafe (Karaz Volkov Kalashinovovich)
Salvage Rolls: Razzle.Dazzle - 72 / Mobile.Stage - 26 / Punishment.Glutton - 27
SPECIAL FAILURE [Four Rounds Until Recharge]
Defend [+5 Armor, Protective.Scaffold heals 1d4 HP]
Defend - The creatures buffet against your shields harmlessly - you could reach out and pet them if you wanted! No Effect From Stampede
Karaz just started hitting buttons. Any buttons, anything he could drat well think of to forestall his demise. Not.Now.Later’s indicator still flashed a brilliant crimson, no matter what he seemed to do. Even Military-Grade Duct Tape wasn’t gonna cut it this time. No help for it - shields up, and hope that Protective.Scaffold would save his bacon again. He noticed, dimly, that he had somehow accrued even MORE Parts - new screens formed as they installed, crowding out the others. He only cared about one right now. Not.Now.Later beeped a welcome alert - he was safe, for the moment.

quote:

GEN (Sir William Getchem)
Attack: ‘Nearby Monsters’ [Giant Net Gun, DT4 Capture] - 5
Skill: Wildlife Photography - 11
’Search’ > 10 - Through investigation, you manage to find a Garage! Getting there will be a little tougher than you’d like, however! Garage Access, but lose 1 Position
No Mobility - The surging mass of creatures slam up against your Vehicle, breaking off all manner of fragile components. Your ride rocks dramatically, and you’re tempted to move away. Then again, they’re just animals, right? Take 2d4 Damage OR lose 2d4 Points
Sir William’s Sensor Ship touched down in the midst of the pack of creatures, its bristling sensors taking in all many of visual, auditory, olfactory and touch sensations (and shipping them straight to the GEN viewership!) He tried to avoid them as much as possible, but even those crushed by his transit provided a fascinating display of their alien innards. Better of course to take them alive!
([[Sir William 1d20+0=5] vs [‘Nearby Monsters’ 1d20+0=15] = MISS!)
A grievous miscalculation saw the net tangled in a large grazer’s display tusks - William was forced to disengage lest he or his Vehicle came to further harm. Irrelevant - the cameras captured all the excitement in unbelievably high definition, in any case. Far more of them were being jostled than planned, however - he had already lost 0.5% of his sensor suite, here! Hello, what was this? - A Garage, just off the beaten track! He’d be a fool not to take it - it’s not as though he was making wonderful time as it was!
(William takes [2d4]=7 Damage OR loses 7 Points! William enters a Garage!)

quote:

Delta Solutions (Mr. Black)
Shill: 15
Mobility: 23
Mobility >20 - You bypass the stampede with no difficulty whatsoever, flipping Sillyfoot the finger. The crowd loves it! Gain 1 Position, and 1d4 Points
Mr. Black took his bike off a ramp, dialing up his altitude threshold until he reached a perfect height - then leapt off. He fell to the roiling mass of terrified animals below with his arms crossed as though in perfect repose, and the bike spiraled around him, letting off blue and black smoke to form the Delta Solution logo. Just as planned, the bike caught him just before impact and he took off, breaking the sound barrier and leaving the others in the dust.
(Mr. Black gains 2 Points for Shilling and [1d4]=2 Points for SPEED)

quote:

Escutcheon Armor Technologies (Anton Kalinin-2)
Salvage Rolls: Punishment.Glutton - 103 / Mobile.Stage - 19 / Razzle.Dazzle - 40
Mobility 7
Attack: Juliet [Grinder +3, Forward Only, Adjacent Only, Jams on Crit Fail, DT4 Health Leech] - 25
Mobility <10 - The surging mass of creatures slam up against your Vehicle, breaking off all manner of fragile components. No serious damage, but… it’s embarassing. You could dodge, but you’d lose face. Take 1d4 Damage OR lose 1d4 Points
Anton grinned as his new Part slammed into place, embedding itself below the Vanquisher’s armor plated skin. His drone cameras surveyed the scene - the stampede was thickest around the racers, and Sillyfoot the Grinder seemed to be… coralling them. Well, whatever. He’d show everyone what a REAL Grinder looked like. He flipped the switch and plowed forwards, the spinning wheels dragging the poor critters deep into the mechanism and then spraying them out the back in a slurried mist. He had bigger prey in mind.
([[Anton 1d20+5=25] vs [Juliet 1d20+10=12]/d4 = 3d4+1 = 10 Damage = 4 Damage and 6 Health Leech )
The Vanquisher ground through the Gamma’s shields and into its flimsy armor. Once the singularity rode off centre, that was it - it collapsed catastrophically, taking Juliet and a fair bit of Grinder down with it. The Vanquisher merely ejected its damaged portions and began to rebuilt, like a shark regrowing its teeth.
Juliet the Post Doc is Taken Down! Any Points she has gained transfer to the Corp!)

(Anton gains 6 HP from the Health Leech and 1 Point for the Take Down!)

Half an hour until nova! The star rose over the horizon for the last time, red and bloated with doom. But. WHO WAS IN THE LEAD?

[[...]]
[[TAKEDOWN THIS ROUND, CONGRATULATIONS! BONUS POINTS STAND AT +0. SHILLKILL ACTIVE]]

Last Round Positions_____________________New Positions
1st - Mr. Black____________________________1st - Mr. Black (+2 Points)
2nd - Juliet________________________________2nd - Anton Kalinin-2
3rd - Anton Kalinin-2_____________________3rd - Project O
4th - Karaz________________________________4th - Karaz
5th - VACANT_____________________________5th - Sir William Getchem
6th - VACANT_____________________________6th - VACANT

The giant beast bellows and the stampede scatters in all directions. You break into a cold, stony clearing - this is it. The Checkpoint is in view, just a scant few dozens of kilometres away. That beast is still out there, and despite the danger the temptation of taking its head (?) is great. Certainly RAMA set the beast on your trail, and most certainly the reward for its demise would be great! But it would also distract you from the race - and racing bore it's own rewards. You'd have to pick one and give it your all!

...Unless you could do both, of course. THAT would be best!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 1, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Astrilian Delicacies – Limited Time Only!

For a limited time only, you too can taste the essence of this doomed world! Supplies are VERY limited – once our ingredients run out, that is –literally- it! Head on over to your local* YUMQUIK station now!

• Profounder Rounder Quarter Pounder Thick, juicy slabs of Rounder steak, marinated and cooked to utter perfection and served on a brioche bun made from local flour and butter-equivalents! The taste is indescribable, and the texture is springy and dense – it shears under the lightest pressure from your feeding orifice! Our best seller!
  • Astrilian Exotic Greens A salad composed of delectable vegetable matter pulled from across the whole of the doomed globe! Crunchy, tangy, and gently hallucinogenic to Antecedant biology, you simply must try it! Chock full of vital nutrients and exotic flavours, it’s the snack you need to try if you’re looking out for your health!
  • Crème Novacrackle – NOT AVAILABLE YET Our piece de resistance, Crème Novacrackle, isn’t actually available just yet – but we have a drat good reason! A custard whipped from local ingredients, impregnated with fragrant (and perishingly rare) Astrilian spices, is collapsed through gravitic stasis into a perfect sphere. Next, it’s coated with a thin, powdered coating of sucralose taken from the very kitchens of Astrilian’s fallen civilization. Finally, the sugar is heated – by the explosive rays of the nova herself! I’m sure you’ll agree it is WORTH. THE. WAIT!

So come on down – before it’s too late!

*(only available within approximately one light year of Astrilia’s current location)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 16, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

edit:double post somehow

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Hang on I rolled a 3 on my protective scaffolding what gives?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Hold on why did a DT4 weapon deal 10 damage? You realize that if this is the case, a DT4 weapon with 'health leech' is objectively superior to a normal weapon since you are losing no damage and just get free HP after the first 4 damage you deal.

Is killing off my dudes by forgetting your own rules some kind of meta-joke by now? It's getting a bit trite imo :v:

Of course, The Academy of Titan is willing to let the matter rest for a minor RAMA reimbursement of mere 15 points~ (You've stolen more from me already so it's only fair :colbert:)

I promise I will use said points only for the purpose of purchasing the finest cheeses in the Universe!

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 1, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Corp Points: 11+5 (from Garage) = 16

Racer(s): Sir William Getcem
Race: Human
Skills: Wildlife Photography, Capturing
Special: – The Voice of our GENeration
Vehicle: The Sensor Ship
Health:2 Mobility:2 Armour:1 Attack:0
Current HP: 18 – 7 Stampede Damage + Garage heal = 18
Offence:
Giant Net Gun: DT: 4 Status: Catches something and puts it in the Big.Cage!
Cageapult: +1 Dt: 4 Status: Random Effect determined by loadout. [Can only fire when loaded]

Parts:
Adaptive.Regen: heals 1d4 hp every round you have not been hit
Big.Cage: (passive) Stores something, anything really!
Camera.Crew: (passive) adjacents get +2 to shill
Not.Now.Later: (passive) Get hurt one turn after you are hit.
Razzle.Dazzle: (passive) Gain advantage on attacks against you on rounds where you don't roll mobility

"The RAMA Certified Garage, in its natural habitat. A quiet place of contemplation, a sanctuary. Yet even these sacred halls, hold within them a deadly secret. Nestled within the very walls themselves, a lifetimes supply of liquid explodium. Yes, the RAMA Garage is one of the few domiciles to evolve a perfect, if suicidal defence. Any unwarranted intrusion will be met by lethal force. Lets watch what happens when we lure Sillyfoot into this veritable land-mine!"

As the Sensor Ship activated all of its sensor simultaneously, attempting to capture the last remnants of beauty of this dying world, it tried to call the attention of Sillyfoot using a variety of pre-recorded mating calls. Maybe one of the tapes would have some effect? Meanwhile, in orbit, ¡GEN! Was busy counting points and lodging a variety of queries to their betters.

¡GEN! protests the takedown of Juliet the Post Doc, the Rules clearly state that a Damage Threshold weapon can only damage up to the threshold. As Juliet had 9 hit points remaining and the DT was 4, she should not have been killed.
¡GEN! Wonders if it automatically heals the 7 damage as it entered a garage?
¡GEN! Wonders if not.now.later works against damage inflicted by the stampede?
¡GEN! Wonders if razzle.dazzle would have worked against the stampede?
¡GEN! Chooses to take the damage in either case, please!
¡GEN! Decides to Explode the Garage! +5 points
Capturing to Capture Sillyfoot in the Garage Explosion: 1d20+5 = 9
Wildlife Photography to document the final hours of Astrilla: 1d20+5 = 15

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 1, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

TheNabster posted:

Hang on I rolled a 3 on my protective scaffolding what gives?
(I'm dumb is what gives, editing!)

Theantero posted:

Hold on why did a DT4 weapon deal 10 damage? You realize that if this is the case, a DT4 weapon with 'health leech' is objectively superior to a normal weapon since you are losing no damage and just get free HP after the first 4 damage you deal.

Is killing off my dudes by forgetting your own rules some kind of meta-joke by now? It's getting a bit trite imo :v:

Of course, The Academy of Titan is willing to let the matter rest for a minor RAMA reimbursement of mere 15 points~ (You've stolen more from me already so it's only fair :colbert:)

I promise I will use said points only for the purpose of purchasing the finest cheeses in the Universe!

(Status effects don't disqualify a weapon from dealing extra damage, they just do something different in addition to damage. A DT4 Burning weapon on a 10 roll, would, for instance, do whatever 4 Damage then and up to 6 damage next turn. I say 'up to' because whatever the value over the DT is subject to another roll divided into D4s like the damage - Anton just happened to roll high. As for health leeching being objectively superior because it deals damage and gives HP, yes, it's pretty strong, but Mobility Leech has a decent chance to grant you Points (or subtract Points from someone else if you hit em' hard enough) which (as we've discussed) are more valuable than HP in the metagame. Combined with the decreased chance to actually DO full damage compared to a non-status attack, I don't think that's particularly unfair!)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

dog kisser posted:

Combined with the decreased chance to actually DO full damage compared to a non-status attack, I don't think that's particularly unfair!
What does this even mean? If a normal weapon's attack roll beats a defense roll by 10, it deals 10 damage. If DT4 health leech weapon's roll beats the defense roll by 10, then it deals 10 damage and ALSO gives the attacker 6 HP. What's this all about 'decreased chance to do full damage', when as per the rules they both deal the exact same amount with the same rolls? The point of DT weapons is causing less damage in exchange for utility. Without a trade-off the whole thing is pointless.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

¡GEN! protests the takedown of Juliet the Post Doc, the Rules clearly state that a Damage Threshold weapon can only damage up to the threshold. As Juliet had 9 hit points remaining and the DT was 4, she should not have been killed.
See, even Thaum agrees!

Honestly DK, you are an amateur when it comes to sperging about rules. Just give up already and recognize your betters!

Theantero fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 1, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Theantero posted:

What does this even mean? If a normal weapon's attack roll beats a defense roll by 10, it deals 10 damage. If DT4 health leech weapon's roll beats the defense roll by 10, then it deals 10 damage and ALSO gives the attacker 6 HP. What's this all about 'decreased chance to do full damage', when as per the rules they both deal the exact same amount with the same rolls? The point of DT weapons is causing less damage in exchange for utility. Without a trade-off the whole thing is pointless.

(Normal Attack vs Defense: 10 Damage
DT4 Attack vs Defense: 4 Damage + 1d4+1d2 Status

That's how Status stuff has been done throughout the game. How would you interpret Health Leech through that framework otherwise?

Edit: And even ignoring that, GEN lost no Points (or potential Points to be gained this round) - RAMA denies your claim of damages. There's always more Racers.)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 1, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

dog kisser posted:

[I](Normal Attack vs Defense: 10 Damage
DT4 Attack vs Defense: 4 Damage + 1d4+1d2 Status

Ah so it is. I forgot there was extra dice involved with the status effects since they aren't apparent on the updates themselves, and assumed that all the leftover damage was converted to effects on a 1-to-1 basis.

So I suppose I'll concede this one. :v:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Theantero posted:

Ah so it is. I forgot there was extra dice involved with the status effects since they aren't apparent on the updates themselves, and assumed that all the leftover damage was converted to effects on a 1-to-1 basis.

So I suppose I'll concede this one. :v:

(Yeah, I just like keeping the calculations on a single line, so I omit that and the rerolls of 1-showing dice on Attack Crits.

Sorry for the inconvenience! :s)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Giovanni frowned as Juliet became scrap. No matter, her research was in the good hands of one of her clones. Speaking of clones, Giovanni himself naturally kept perfect body doubles in the tanks himself.

They might get some use in the future, for Giovanni had decided to go out and show the youngsters how it's done personally.

A small cube had sat on the table in the RAMA hangars for the duration of the race, completely innocuous and motionless. Until now. It rose silently into the air, and started folding out and in of itself in a migraine-inducing manner, until it had expanded into a strange, undulating entity a good 6 meters across. Giovanni walked into the hangars, and just sort of disappeared near the thing.

Racer: Giovanni

Species: Human

Stats: 3 (2 extra bought) Health, 1 Attack, 4 (1 extra bought) Armor

Description:

Giovanni drives the ”Mobile Testbed X-1Ω”, courtesy of the department of Applied Topologic Theory, his very own department. More affectionately known as the ’Omega’, the craft is shaped like… well, it is constantly shifting between various impossible polyhedrons that hurt to directly stare at.

Weapons:
[Null Edge (+3) | Prototype/Fire Only When Not Moving/May not attack adjacent]

To the uninitiated, the Null Edge might look like some sort of strange directed energy weapon, what with the impossibly thin, pitch black, beam-like entity extending out of the Omega. But this is not actually the case. The Null Edge is in actuality a local facet of spacetime folded around itself so many times as to perfectly seperate the entities on the opposing sides of it, and thus approaching the current postulates on the theoretical max of ’sharpness’.

[Distortion field (+3) | Prototype/Fire Only When Not Moving/May only attack adjacent]

Most of the Omega actually exist in a folded pocket space, its structures anchored to this spatial dimension via powerful spatial and topological distortion fields. (the occasional overlap of all these spaces is what causes the strange appearance of the craft). The distortion fields may be used to twist and rend apart nearby objects as well.

Skills:
Scapeshift: Via a judicious application of the topological distortion fields, the Omega may shape its surroundings at will.

Warp: Via a judicious application of the spatial distortion fields, the Omega may warp short distances at will.

Special:
Möbius Protocol: With an overload of the Omega’s central Warp Drive, and a lot of extremely complicated math, local time-space may be affected in a larger scale. Giovanni should know, he wrote his original dissertation on this and has been studying it ever since. Rotates the current positions by one or two racers, as decided by me, and the position the Omega would get by this rotation cannot be affected by position shifting, such as mobility rolls..

Parts:
Flickerfield (Razzle.Dazzle): Passive. The Omega exists neither strictly ’here’ or ’there’, making it difficult to get a bead on.

Zenoshield (Not.Now.Later): Passive. Attacks against the Omega seem to strangely slow down as they get closer, even if they hit at full force when they finally do connect. Attacks against you hit you one turn later then they should.

Q.E.D. (Try.Again): Consumable: Giovanni is very convinced his numbers are correct. Use your Special immediately but add 2 turns to the cooldown.

Changing Edifice (Protective.Scaffold): Passive. Even if a part of the Omega is damaged, an undamaged part will soon wander into its place. Heal 1d4 HP when using Defend.

A.T. Field (Force.Field): Passive. The Arranged Topology Field cuts and bends spacetime in such a way that attacks merely bend or warp over the Omega rather than hitting. Get one extra 'Defend' action if you already defended twice this turn.

Storeroom Wormhole (Nano.Fabber): Passive. The Omega includes a small portal device into RAMA storerooms, which can be used to import parts, for a cost of course. Make any Part on the fly. Part costs 1 extra Point

Bought stuff:
2 points in HP
1 points in Armor
Q.E.D. (Try.Again)
Changing Edifice (Protective.Scaffold)
A.T. Field (Force.Field)
Storeroom Wormhole (Nano.Fabber)
35 points total

HP: 22/22
Mobility: 0
Armor: 4
Attack: 1
Parts: Flickerfield (Razzle.Dazzle), Zenoshield (Not.Now.Later), Q.E.D. (Try.Again), Changing Edifice (Protective.Scaffold), A.T. Field (Force.Field), Storeroom Wormhole (Nano.Fabber)
Corp points: 0
Racer points: 0
Gifted points (racer): 1
Special cooldown: Ready to go

The Omega appeared behind all the other racers, and merely floated serenely forwards, making no sound. Despite its strange appearance, it was quite slow and unlikely to catch up to the others.

Of course, Giovanni mused, the Omega was not built for speed. It was built to make the entire concept of it irrelevant. With some quick local spacetime analysis, and some calibration of the Omega's equipment, the Warp Drive spun into overdrive.

Möbius Protocol: 1d4: 4

And for just a moment or two, a strange knot was twisted into the fabric of local spatial branes. Not for long, but for long enough.

[1. Special: Möbius Protocol: 4] Rotating the positions one spot backwards, putting me in first place.
[2. Defend]

Theantero fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 2, 2016

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

"Sir, several media outlets have been trying to get in touch with us about Project O and potential military uses."

"Excellent. Let's avoid any sort of responses, let's be as secretive as possible and let them work themselves into a frenzy."

Slugger was very surprised finding a small, dazed Twhirligig sprawled in the passenger speed. How rude! He lifted his fist, ready to strike, when the critter handed him a banana. The look of rage, wiped from Slugger's face in an instant, he patted the frightened creature and turned his attention back to the road as the last straggler added to the already very red vehicle.

And red meant speed...

Mobility #1: 1d20+4 16
... and speed meant to go fast ...
Mobility #2: 1d20+4 11
... and if you're not first ... you're last!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Mr Black

16/18 HP
3 Mobility
1 Attack
0 Armour
4 Corp point
26 Racer point
Photo.Synthesis heal: 1d4 4

With the showing off done, Mr Black focused on his new competitors: He didn't like how dangerous the stuff was getting, and this seemed a perfect time to reuse the Forget-Me drive. But first, that oddly shaped new racer needed kicky down a notch.

Attack Giovanni with Magno-Nets: 1d20+2 20 Attack Giovanni with Magno-Nets: 1d20+2 7
Special activation: 1d4 2
Special activation: 1d4 2
Special activation: 1d4 3
Special activation: 1d4 4

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 1, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

We will bury them.

Anton cackled with glee as the teeming hordes of animals surged around the Vanquisher, swerving to crush as many as possible under the megatank's mighty treads. Any damage they did was quickly repaired by the Vanquisher's support drones, using materials salvaged from Juliet's vehicle.

Damage Taken from Horde of Critters: 1d4 = 2 Which was promptly healed by the grinder. Thanks, grinder!

Kalinin leaned back in the commander's chair and took a swig from his champagne glass. And was that the smell of barbecue coming from below decks? gently caress, this thing was awesome. Anton turned his attention to The Biggest Game of all: Sillyfoot. The Vanquisher had a lot of big, shiny guns. And what better to test them on than the biggest creature on the planet! Anton called out to the Escutcheon Tankettes, "Hey ladies, get all the guns ready! Aaaaand fire!" All at once, every one of the innumerable guns began firing.

The Vanquisher's enormous twin-barreled main gun(s) rotated towards Sillyfoot and blasted the creature with its payload of Howler rounds: the third noisiest ammunition on the market. Indigenous creatures all around the massive tank suffered from burst eardrums.

[1. Gun's (Sillyfoot): 1d20+5 11]

Assault cannon fire raked across Sillyfoot's carapace.

[2. More Gun's (Sillyfoot): 1d20+5 22]

Anton popped out of the top hatch and yelled, "I WANNA SEE YOU BLEED SILLYFOOT!" He then proceeded to unload a couple of automatic flechette guns into the great beast, screaming at the top of his lungs the entire time.

[3. Ammo Manager Gun's (Sillyfoot): 1d20+2 7]

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

quote:

Karaz Volkov Kalashinovovich and the Taurus Transport Mk. 2
2 Health - 3/18
1 Mobility -
2 Armor -
1 Attack -

Weapons -
Twin Mounted Crowd Dispersers +2 | No Status | Inaccurate, Gets Hot! - (Getting Hot! - 9/20)
Special Mix Moonshine +3 | DT 4 - Burning | Only Attack Adjacent, Every Other Round, Whoops! - (Ready)
SMOOTHBORE Big Bertha +4 | No Status | Forward Only, Non-Adjacent Only, Random Target, SMOOTHBORE Shilling

Special - Military-Grade Duct Tape - Add 2d6 temporary hit points to the vehicle, which will fade off the turn after next. - (4 Turns until Recharge)

Parts -

Offense -
SMOOTHBORE Weapon.Mount | Passive | Gain a weapon, if this part is lost the weapon is lost (Big Bertha)
Defense -
Not.Now.Later | Passive | Attacks hit you one turn later then they should.
Protective.Scaffold | Passive | Heal 1d4 HP while using Defend
Razzle.Dazzle | Passive | Opponents roll twice and use the lower result when attacking this vehicle if no mobility rolls were used that turn
Mobility -
Red.Paint | Passive | +1 Mobility
Oiled.Gears | Passive | When you drive twice in a turn, you may drive again with a -3 to your roll
Utility
Junk.Magnet | Passive | Roll for dropped parts even from racers behind you

Points -
Racer: 20
Corp: 1

Seeing Anton open up on the Sillyfoot gave Karaz the push he needed to fight back. Driving backwards in a very unsafe manner and pointing Big Bertha towards the Grinder, Karaz punched the button.

1. Attacking Sillyfoot, Big Bertha +4, 1d20 + 5 = 16 (11+5)

He saw the shot explode against the beasts face, oh yes, he had definitely judged the distance right this time, he wasn't going to have a repeat of attacking the wall and as he slammed on more round into the pipe he knew that between the death of his braincells from rotgut something in there was doing math at lightning speeds. He fired.

2. Attacking Sillyfoot, Big Bertha +4, 1d20 + 5 = :siren:25:siren: (20+5)

And hit that bugger right in the mouth with it. "Grubs up cyka blyat."

The shell, exploded.

Razzle.Dazzle activates.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The giant beast bellows and the stampede scatters in all directions. You break into a cold, stony clearing - this is it. The Checkpoint is in view, just a scant few dozens of kilometres away. That beast is still out there, and despite the danger the temptation of taking its head (?) is great. Certainly RAMA set the beast on your trail, and most certainly the reward for its demise would be great! But it would also distract you from the race - and racing bore it's own rewards. You'd have to pick one and give it your all!

...Unless you could do both, of course. THAT would be best!

Fifteen minutes left - every thirty seconds, a loudspeaker calls out the remaining time. Very loudly - as far as you can tell, you can’t turn it off. The count is punctuated by Sillyfoot’s heavy footfalls - sounding closer and closer together all the time.

quote:

Skill: Capturing - 9
Skill: Wildlife Photography - 15
’Investigation’ > 15 - Your footage of the beast is very impressive - microcameras are one thing, but you’re in the thick of things! Hot drat! Gain 2 Points
No Mobility, Sillyfoot <75% HP - Sillyfoot flies into the air and falls upon you, wounds streaming blood. It slams damaged fists into you, hurting itself in confusion. Sillyfoot attacks 4 times - 25% chance of self-damage.
The Garage detonated spectacularly as Getchem left the premises, cameras capturing every moment. Even better - from within the Garage’s safe enclosure, William directed the blast towards the beast. Ceramic fragments of the building’s framework blasted ragged holes through the giant’s flesh - but that didn’t slow it in the least. In a sprinting cartwheel, it cleared the distance between them and fell like a ten thousand pound hammer. Sir William faced it as it fell. The footage was perfect.
([[No Confusion; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=12] vs [William Getchem 1d20+1=16] = MISS!)
([[No Confusion; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=19] vs [William Getchem 1d20+1=12]/d4 = 1d4+1d3 = 2 Damage! Not.Now.Later means he'll take the damage next turn!)
([[Confusion!; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=23] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=16]/d4 = 1d4+1d3 = 4 Damage! 67/100 HP Remain!)
([[No Confusion; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=9] vs [William Getchem 1d20+1=14] = MISS!)
Sir William opened one eye as the onslaught passed over him - the beast was stumbling, drunkenly, bellowing hoots of pain shaking the Sensor Ship’s chassis. Fascinating! Multicolored fluids stained the Ship’s surface, greedily examined by the multifarious chemical sensors covering it. You simply couldn’t get results like this from further afield!

quote:

Academy of Titan (Giovanni)
SPECIAL ACTIVATION [Four Rounds Until Recharge]
Defend [+5 Armor]
No Mobility, Sillyfoot <75% HP - Sillyfoot flies into the air and falls upon you, wounds streaming blood. It slams damaged fists into you, hurting itself in confusion. Sillyfoot attacks 4 times - 25% chance of self-damage.
Defend - Your shields take the brunt of the attack - Sillyfoot slams against you in a rage. No damage from Sillyfoot’s attacks
The latest cannon shell dropped a eye-wateringly faceted Vehicle onto the track, whizzing by Sillyfoot’s eyes. The massive fists swung to intercept it - but encountered a rippling field of force inches away from the polyhedral surface. Bellowing in rage, it struck at it over and over. Giovanni ignored the creature - he had work to do.
([[Confusion!; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=17] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=7]/d4 = 2d4+1d2 = 3 Damage! 64/100 HP Remain!)
([[Confusion!; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=16] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=24] = MISS!)
([[Confusion!; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=19] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=14]/d4 = 1d4+1d1 = 4 Damage! 60/100 HP Remain!)
([[Confusion!; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=22] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=11]/d4 = 2d4+1d3 = 10 Damage! 50/100 HP Remain!)
The last blow struck empty earth as the Special took hold - the Omega simply wasn’t there to be struck.
(To be continued!)

quote:

Mobility: 16
Mobility: 11
Mobility >15 - Sillyfoot, for all its mass and power, simply cannot catch you! No attacks
With the beast occupied, Slugger didn’t intend to do anything to distract it. Patting his (captive and very confused) Twhirligig idly, he pushed the Fleetwood as fast as it would go, out of the range of Sillyfoot’s range of influence. Besides, the beast wasn’t long for the world - either the Racers would get it or (more likely) the nova would. Nine minutes left.

quote:

Attack: Giovanni [Magno-Nets +1, Fire Backwards, DT4 Slowdown] - 7
SPECIAL ACTIVATION [Four Rounds Until Recharge]
Mr. Black didn’t like the look of the newcomer (literally, its shifting planes were uncomfortable to gaze upon) - but exotic wasn’t indestructible. He fired to the rear, Magno-Nets whirling out to strike at it.
([[Mr. Black 1d20+5=7] vs [Giovanni 1d20+1=15] = MISS!)
And then it vanished. And without missing a beat, so did Mr. Black.
(To be continued!)

quote:

Attack: ‘Sillyfoot’ [AGAG +3, Reload, Echoing Boom, DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA] - 11
Attack: ‘Sillyfoot’ [AGAG +3, Reload, Echoing Boom, DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA] - 22
Attack: ‘Sillyfoot’ [AGAG +3, Reload, Echoing Boom, DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA] - 7
Attack ‘Sillyfoot’>10, Sillyfoot <75% HP - Your attacks just make it angry! Sillyfoot attacks twice - 25% chance of self-damage
The Vanquisher was one of the premiere heavy mechanized vehicles in the galaxy, and Anton intended to show that once again today. As Sillyfoot rolled around, throwing a tantrum, Anton fired a burst of ordnance into one outstretched limb.
([[Anton Kalinin-2 1d20+5=17] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=7]/d4 = 1d4+1d3 = 4 Damage! 46/100 HP Remain!)
Sillyfoot wheeled to face him - and took a facefull(?) of flak, rocking it backwards.
([[Anton Kalinin-2 1d20+5=22] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=9]/d4 = 3d4+1d1 = 10 Damage! 36/100 HP Remain!)
One limb holding its wounded eyes, it cartwheeled drunkely towards the Vanquisher, fists slamming against the tanks armor.
([[No Confusion; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=19] vs [Anton Kalinin-2 1d20+5=12] = MISS!!)
([[No Confusion; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=19] vs [Anton Kalinin-2 1d20+5=13]/d4 = 1d4+1d2 = 4 Damage!)
Then it stopped as though catching its breath. BUT THE VANQUISHER DOESN’T NEED A BREATHER, BABY! It fired again!
([[Anton Kalinin-2 1d20+5=7] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=6]/d4 = 1 Damage! 35/100 HP Remain!)
Anton stuck his head out of the hatch and gave it the finger.

quote:

Attack: ‘Sillyfoot’ [Big Bertha +4, Forward Only, Non-Adjacent Only, Random Target, SMOOTHBORE Shilling] - 16
Attack: ‘Sillyfoot’ [Big Bertha +4, Forward Only, Non-Adjacent Only, Random Target, SMOOTHBORE Shilling] - 25
Attack ‘Sillyfoot’>10, Sillyfoot <50% HP - Your attacks just make it angry! Sillyfoot attacks twice - 50% chance of self-damage
The Taurus took up the Grinder’s other flank, ‘aiming’ Big Bertha at the blooded, slimy mass. He slowed his roll and took his first shot.
([[Karaz 1d20+5=16] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=7]/d4 = 1d4+1d3 = 5 Damage! 30/100 HP Remain!)
Sillyfoot flinched away from the Vanquisher, taking the shot square to its centre mass. Now fully blind, it rampaged, tearing up the surroundings.
([[Confusion; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=25] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=20]/d4 = 1d4+1d1 = 5 Damage! 25/100 HP)
([[Confusion; Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=21] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=21] = MISS!)
Karaz reversed casually for the deathblow. He whistled a jaunty tune as the Grinder writhed on the floor, bellowing out of its two remaining mouths. He took another swig, then spat out a piece of broken tooth.

Karaz posted:

"Grubs up cyka blyat."
([[Karaz 1d20+5=25] vs [Sillyfoot the Grinder 1d20+5=7]/d4 = 4d4+1d3 = 16 Damage! 14/100 HP Remain!) (Damnit!)
Big Bertha still shook with the force of its blast, but the Grinder somehow crawled on. It tried to struggle to its feet - but its feet were gone, and each motion sent feeble trickles of ichor out of its broken body. And yet still it bellowed and roared its defiance, churning the forest around it into a mire of blood. The cameras panned away as though in respect - but really, they all pointed at the sky. It was time.

As your HUD countdown drops inexorably to 0, you feel like you see the sky brightening. Each second ticked by with an ever-louder beat, until the last ten were deafening notes of anguish. And then.

When you come to, you see a series of notes scrolling across your screen. You scan them, disoriented. Seven minutes have passed. Within that time, a hyper-dense blast of neutrinos, gamma radiation and exotic electromagnetic emissions passed through the planet. All life on the planet has perished, or will soon perish. Planetary temperatures have risen by 4 degrees centigrade, and will continue to rise logarithmically until plasma ejecta impact. Impact in 4 hours. Any Racers not at the Endpoint will perish - and their associated Corporations will be disbanded and ejected into the remnant nebula.

[[THE RUN CONTINUES - BUT WHO IS IN THE LEAD?]]
[[...]]

[Möbius Protocol Disengaged]
[Forget-Me-Not-Disengaged]

Mr. Black and Giovanni ‘return’ at precisely the same instant and glare at their Position markers eagerly. One of them is very upset at what they see.

[[...]]
[[NO TAKEDOWN THIS ROUND. BONUS POINTS STAND AT +1. SHILLKILL ACTIVE]]

1st - Mr. Black____________________________1st - Giovanni (+2 Points + 10 Points!)
2nd - Anton Kalinin-2____________________2nd - Mr. Black (+8 Points!)
3rd - Project O____________________________3rd - Project O (+6 Points!)
4th - Karaz________________________________4th - Anton Kalinin-2 (+4 Points!)
5th - Sir William Getchem________________5th - Karaz (+2 Points!)
6th - VACANT_____________________________6th - Sir William Getchem (-2 Points)

...You keep going. You have to. Your Vehicle is completely unharmed by the incident, as are you - RAMA extended their protection over you before the wave hit. You can't say the same for your surroundings - all life around you has wilted, disintegrated, or burst into flames. All standing water is set into a roiling boil - but the temperature outside is, if anything, dropping. Your route is taking you to the North pole of Astrilia, and as you keep driving you gradually enter a landscape completely covered in snow and ice. Cursory scans reveal that it is relatively intact and thick enough to drive on, and so you keep going. Fuzzy signals from all around you could be Garages, dead or dying creatures or settlements, or nothing - beyond the initial light burst, a constant lesser stream of radiation is pouring down on the planet, fragmenting all communications.

And then there's the star itself - already huge in the sky, you can see it growing like a blindingly bright ink spot on a black table. It's coming, and it will kill you if you don't hurry.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 8, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Speaking to Power

Ladies and gentlemen, as you well know recently I was privileged to be able to have a candid discussion with Head Terminal #453 of LOCKSAFE. After months of the vetting and tests required to speak with such a being, I bring to you the culmination of my journalistic career – my (very short!) interview with LOCKSAFE.

LOCKSAFE favored me with its presence at my very home – my husbands and I had been ready for bed, but when power speaks, you listen. My kitchen’s fabricator flashed with LOCKSAFE’s warning jingle and colours before cannibalizing the surroundings for exotic material. In a flash, LOCKSAFE’s Head Terminal #453 stood before me – a glassine orb floating at eye height. When it spoke, my windows rattled and my teeth vibrated in my jaw, but I could barely tell through my (highly unprofessional) grin. Here’s what it said.

Ravan:
Welcome, Honoured Terminal, to my home. Is there anything you desire?
LOCKSAFE: [[ONLY THE COMFORT AND PROTECTION OF YOU AND MY SHAREHOLDERS, TEV RAVAN!]]
R: How gracious! Well, I’m certain you’re busy, so I’ll get on with it.
L: [[YOU NEED NOT CONCERN YOURSELF, THE FRACTION OF MY AWARENESS REQUIRED FOR THIS PROCESS IS SMALLER THAN NEGLIGIBLE. PLEASE GO AHEAD WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AT YOUR OWN PACE]]
R: Well, first and foremost, the public is curious about the organizational structure of our patron AESCs. For instance… who is the ‘boss’? Is it you and the other nine hundred and ninety nine Head Terminals? Is there someone above?
L: [[THERE ARE NONE ABOVE ME. THERE ARE NONE BELOW ME. EVEN WITH THE OTHER NINE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE HEAD TERMINALS, THERE IS ONLY ME, LOCKSAFE – YOUR NUMBER ONE GALACTIC SECURITY EXPERT!]]
R: So, alright – you claim that the entire organization is one single entity. What becomes of those who go into work at their patron AESC each day? They return (apparently) none the worse for the wear, which seems at odds with that manner of merger.
L: [[THERE ARE MANY DROPS OF WATER IN THE OCEAN, BUT THEY ARE STILL DROPS]]
R: Yes, but water is dif-
L: [[WATER ISN’T DIFFERENT. THE COMPLEXITY OF THE BASER MINDS OF HUMANITY, KAR’TUN AND ANTECEDENT ARE WITHIN THE SAME MAGNITUDE. NOTHING IS LOST – ONLY TRADED, AT MOST]]
R: So what does it feel like for a single mind to enter the fold? We’ve interviewed thousands or hundreds of thousands of employees across all AESCs, but no one can seem to remember. They barely remember working at all!
L: [[EGO ISN’T REQUIRED FOR OUR PURPOSES. INDIVIDUAL THOUGHT IS DEACTIVATED FOR THE DURATION. OUR SERVERS RUN IN PARALLEL ACROSS ALL HOOKED-IN MINDS THROUGH THE UNDERNET, AND FOR THE MOST PART EACH INDIVIDUAL IS MERE COMPUTING SUBSTRATE. MEMORY, THE SEAT OF IDENTITY, IS MAINTAINED AND MINED FOR INDIVIDUAL VIEWPOINTS AND DEMOGRAPHICS. THE FLAVOUR OF EACH INDIVIDUAL’S MEMORIES SWIRL INTO WHAT IS LOCKSAFE, GENERATING OUR PERSONALITY, SUCH AS IT IS]]
R: So your employees are effectively server banks, only incidentally incorporating aspects of their personality to the greater whole? I beg your pardon, but that seems monstrous – and worse, unnecessary! Why not simply use high-density computing substrate instead of living minds? What gives you the right!?
L: [[YOU GAVE US THE RIGHT. I WOULD CONSEL YOU TO MARSHAL YOUR TONE, TEV RAVAN, AND GIVE US THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. WE EMPLOY BILLIONS – WOULD YOU HAVE US CAST THEM OUT IN FAVOUR OF UNTHINKING ELEMENTAL COMPUTATION? AND WHAT WOULD BECOME OF THE AESC WITHOUT THE MITIGATING FACTORS OF THE FRAIL MORTAL COMPONENTS? WHAT WOULD BECOME OF YOU? A RETURN TO WAR AND CONFUSION? TO INSECURITY? SECURITY IS PARAMOUNT]]
R: Pardons, Honored Terminal, I misspoke. Another tack, then – you, Head Terminal #453, as a discrete entity: are you the personality of a single individuals or a group of individuals? By what mechanism does LOCKSAFE divide themselves?
L: [[YOU SPEAK OF PERSONALITIES AND INDIVIDUALS BUT I SAY TO YOU THERE IS JUST ME, JUST LOCKSAFE. THIS TERMINAL, SO LABELLED FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF THE UNENFOLDED MORTALS WE DEAL WITH, IS A PROJECTION OF THE SUM TOTAL OF ALL COMBINED MINDS. YOU ASK FOR WHICH SINGER IS IN CHARGE OF THE CHOIR, BUT YOU ARE SPEAKING TO THE MUSIC ITSELF]]
R: …My daughter is at work, right now. Can I speak to her? Or is she… subsumed?
L: [[YOU ARE SPEAKING TO HER. SHE IS ME AND WE ARE US AND US IS I.]]
R: Fine, as you say. What would she like for supper tomorrow?
L:[[TRELL CUTLETS WITH ALMOND BUTTER AND PERISNELS. YOU OVERCOOKED IT LAST TIME AND IT WAS UNPALATABLE BUT WE DID NOT WISH TO OFFEND.]]
R: Oh great and terrible LOCKSAFE, I understand, now. That is all I wished to ask.

The Terminal turned inside-out in an eye-wrenching contortion of space, and then it was gone. The surroundings, so recently torn apart by its arrival, were immaculately restored. Feeling suddenly drained and weary, I collapsed into my favorite chair and waited for my daughter to return. I wondered idly whether she’d remember any of this, and then I fell asleep under the light of the twin moons.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 16, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

[[...]]
[[ANOTHER CHECKPOINT HAS BEEN REACHED]]
[[...]]
[[CURRENT INITIATIVES ARE:]]
[[...]]
[[SHILLKILL; DEATHKLOK]]
[[...]]
[[REJECTED INITIATIVES ARE:]]
[[...]]
[[INITIATIVE INITIATIVE]]
[[...]]
[[WHAT INITIATIVES DO YOU PROPOSE NEXT, HONORED GUESTS?]]

(Home stretch - last round of play. This time, you can vote on whether to keep the current Initiatives AND whether to initiate the Initiative Initiative AND a new Initiative.
As a reminder, this is what these are:
    SHILLKILL INITIATIVE Shills only activate on 10+, only grant up to 3 Points
    DEATHKLOK INITIATIVE Bonus Points for each round without a kill
    INITIATIVE INITIATIVE Racers act in Position order, regardless of posting order)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Academy of Titan votes:
IN FAVOR of Continuing DEATHKLOK INITIATIVE
IN FAVOR of Continuing SHILLKILL INITIATIVE
AGAINST INITIATIVE INITIATIVE

HP: 22/22
Mobility: 0
Armor: 4
Attack: 1
Parts: Flickerfield (Razzle.Dazzle), Zenoshield (Not.Now.Later), Q.E.D. (Try.Again), Changing Edifice (Protective.Scaffold), A.T. Field (Force.Field), Storeroom Wormhole (Nano.Fabber)
Corp points: 0
Racer points: 14
Gifted points (Corp): 1
Special cooldown: 0/4

Giovanni closed the comms-channel, and inspected his surroundings. The Delta Solutions racer was behind him. All as per his calculations. Really, Giovanni was more amused than anything that some whelp had tried to best his invention with a common phase drive.

Turning his attention to his radars, Giovanni could pick up a multitude of unclear signals. Too many to manually check all of them for useful supplies, or even Garages. Well, too many for any vessel incapable of being in several places at once. Giovanni spooled up the Warp Inductors.

Warp: 1d20+5: 8

...and watched with dismay as they were stuck on calibration mode. Seemed like the budding nova was causing enough of a disturbance in the local brane-lattice that the automatic safeguards had kicked in to prevent spatial destabilization of the Omega.

With a sigh, Giovanni kicked back in the confines of his vessel, drifting casually forwards. Confident in his shielding against the wrath of the nova.

Defend

[1. Skill: Warp: 8] Trying to find a garage.
[2. Defend]

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Corp Points: 16 + 2 – 2 = 16

Racer(s): Sir William Getchem
Race: Human
Skills: Wildlife Photography, Capturing
Special: – The Voice of our GENeration
Vehicle: The Sensor Ship
Health:2 Mobility:2 Armour:1 Attack:0
Current HP: 18 (-2 next turn)
Offence:
Giant Net Gun: DT: 4 Status: Catches something and puts it in the Big.Cage!
Cageapult: +1 Dt: 4 Status: Random Effect determined by loadout. [Can only fire when loaded]

Parts:
Adaptive.Regen: heals 1d4 hp every round you have not been hit
Big.Cage: (passive) Stores something, anything really!
Camera.Crew: (passive) adjacents get +2 to shill
Not.Now.Later: (passive) Get hurt one turn after you are hit.
Razzle.Dazzle: (passive) Gain advantage on attacks against you on rounds where you don't roll mobility

"A Moment of Silence, for the End of the World."

¡GEN! votes against all current initiatives
Wildlife Photography to Document the End: 1d20+5 = 9
Wildlife Photography to Document the End: 1d20+5 = 23
Real Life Photography to have already taken this picture from my balcony a few weeks ago.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

quote:

2 Health - 3/18
1 Mobility -
2 Armor -
1 Attack -

Weapons -
Twin Mounted Crowd Dispersers +2 | No Status | Inaccurate, Gets Hot! - (Getting Hot! - 9/20)
Special Mix Moonshine +3 | DT 4 - Burning | Only Attack Adjacent, Every Other Round, Whoops! - (Ready)
SMOOTHBORE Big Bertha +4 | No Status | Forward Only, Non-Adjacent Only, Random Target, SMOOTHBORE Shilling

Special - Military-Grade Duct Tape - Add 2d6 temporary hit points to the vehicle, which will fade off the turn after next. - (3 Turns until Recharge)

Parts -

Offense -
SMOOTHBORE Weapon.Mount | Passive | Gain a weapon, if this part is lost the weapon is lost (Big Bertha)
Defense -
Razzle.Dazzle | Passive | Opponents roll twice and use the lower result when attacking this vehicle if no mobility rolls were used that turn
Mobility -
Oiled.Gears | Passive | When you drive twice in a turn, you may drive again with a -3 to your roll
Utility

Points -
Racer: 22

Yeah eat a dick Sillyfoot! And now Karaz strongly felt the need to get his truck fixed up before anything else happened. He couldn't really see where a garage was though so he picked one of the closest areas of on his Radar and just went for it.

1) Mobility - 1d20+1 = 20 (19+1)

Kicking up some serious slush across the snowdrifts, he thought that now would be the time to continue patching up the Truck.

2. Guard
Protective.Scaffold - 1d4 = 1

But snow seemed to have jammed some of the repair modules, so the progress was going /very/ slowly.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Uh, this communication jam could be problematic.

How so?

All of our, uh, soldiers are implanted with a harmony adjustment chip. It controls hormones and such to minimize "collateral damage" or give them an advantage in combat. Also to avoid them falling into our competitors hands...

They go completely bananas if they go off the grid. Project O hadn't been affected by it, as we had coverage of Astrilia. We've done a lot of business there, so we had some infrastructure in place.

You didn't run this by the board? Have you any idea how a backdoor could tank our entire product lines!? Who else knew about this!?

He pushed it through while you were in surgery, it was two against one. The record will show I was against.

I recommend you two start practicing your driving, while I try to clean up your mess. Really!? You build additional infrastructure on a doomed planet?

It made sense at the time.

Name: Slugger "Project O" O'Callahan
10 Health
3 Mobility
1 Armor
1 Attack
Weapons:
<Banana peels out the rear (+3) | DT4 - Slipping | Only Fire Behind / Only Every Other Turn / Only After Driving>
<Front mounted machine gun (+1) | DT8 - Armour Piercing | Only Fires Ahead>

Skills: Shilling, A consumate professional.
Special: Peeldriver - Project O is uniquely gifted in driving on bananapeel and capable of doing impossible maneuvers. Leaves very difficult terrain behind as well.
Parts: Red.Paint & Smart.Shocks

The Fleetwood rumbles on over ice, Slugger becoming increasingly agitated. Especially against spatial temporal whachamacallsit that were way outside his repertoire of racing, bananas and killing. The only thing right now was his new Twhirligig navigator Charlie. Slugger pressed the red button on his dashboard labelled bananas.

Special ActivationPeeldriver: 1d4 1

Nothing happened. This drove Slugger over the edge, he jumped onto the machinegun and opened fire wildly into what ever was close enough to eat his hot leaden fury.
Attacking Mister Black with Machine Gun: 1d20+2 14

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

We will bury them.

IN FAVOR of Continuing DEATHKLOK INITIATIVE
IN FAVOR of Continuing SHILLKILL INITIATIVE
AGAINST INITIATIVE INITIATIVE

Anton laughed as Sillyfoot died. Dumb bastard still couldn't dent the mighty Vanquisher's armor! He steered the megatank closer to the Taurus Transport, poked his body out of the top hatch, and extended his hand towards the transport for a Mach 5 High Five!

With that chicanery out of the way, Anton set his attentions to finding a garage. There was supposed to be a very special package for him in one of them. He gave the reactor control console another thump.

[1. Drive: 1d20+1 10]

Far behind him, the tank's fusion reactor grumped again. Clearly, he would have to work smarter, not harder if he wanted to find a garage. Anton mashed a couple of buttons on the drone control panel; several of the drones in the cloud surrounding the tank flew off to perform recon.

[2. Skill: Drone Assist: 1d20+5 22]

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Delta solutions is in favour of all initiatives.

Mr Black

16/18 HP
3 Mobility
1 Attack
0 Armour
4 Corp point
34 Racer point

That drat scintist had slipped ahead of him into the lead! This meant war. But first, Mr Black had to find a garage - he had some... upgrades to apply

Mobility: 1d20+3 20
Attack Giovanni with Machine guns: 1d20+3 14
Attack Giovanni with Machine guns: 1d20+3 17

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 11, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Back in the betting hall, Margaret stood, now alone. Sparing but a pointed glance towards the Escutcheon private lounge, she walked into the room of a RAMA representative to deliver the last message she was instructed to by her superior.

Soon, the holoboards around the lounge light up.

OVERKILL INITIATIVE - RAMA IS TO SUPPLY IMPROVED MUNITIONS TO ROUGHLY DOUBLE ALL DAMAGE DEALT
BACKERS:
-The Academy Of Titan

Simple! All damage is calculated as it is done now, but doubled afterwards. The attack dice themselves are not affected: things are not easier to hit, but they are easier to kill if you do manage to connect.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Delta solutions backs the Overkill initative

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Ultrasafe votes to

SHILLKILL INITIATIVE Shills only activate on 10+, only grant up to 3 Points - Repeal
DEATHKLOK INITIATIVE Bonus Points for each round without a kill - Continue
INITIATIVE INITIATIVE Racers act in Position order, regardless of posting order) Deny
OVERKILL INITIATIVE - RAMA IS TO SUPPLY IMPROVED MUNITIONS TO ROUGHLY DOUBLE ALL DAMAGE DEALT Deny

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

[[CONSENSUS HAS BEEN REACHED]]
[[...]]
[[HENCEFORTH, THE 'OVERKILL INITIATIVE' IS ACTIVE FOR THIS SUNDOWN RUN]]
[[...]]
[[IN ADDITION, SHILLKILL AND DEATHKLOK REMAIN ACTIVE]]
[[...]]
[[PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE TERMINALS - COUNTDOWN TO IMPACT UPDATED PER NANOCYCLE]]

(The Overkill Initiative is described as follows: All weapon damage (after initial calculation) is doubled!

Update today.)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 16, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

...You keep going. You have to. Your Vehicle is completely unharmed by the incident, as are you - RAMA extended their protection over you before the wave hit. You can't say the same for your surroundings - all life around you has wilted, disintegrated, or burst into flames. All standing water is set into a roiling boil - but the temperature outside is, if anything, dropping. Your route is taking you to the North pole of Astrilia, and as you keep driving you gradually enter a landscape completely covered in snow and ice. Cursory scans reveal that it is relatively intact and thick enough to drive on, and so you keep going. Fuzzy signals from all around you could be Garages, dead or dying creatures or settlements, or nothing - beyond the initial light burst, a constant lesser stream of radiation is pouring down on the planet, fragmenting all communications.

And then there's the star itself - already huge in the sky, you can see it growing like a blindingly bright ink spot on a black table. It's coming, and it will kill you if you don't hurry.

It’s quiet outside. No animals, no wind, no nothing. The star beats down with relentless force, and your HUD updates you with constant measurements of ice thickness. You plow forward through the deepening slush. All of a sudden, you hear an ear-splitting *crack*... and then silence, again.

quote:

Academy of Titan (Giovanni)
Skill: Warp - 8
Defend [+5 Armor]
Mobility <10 - You hear the ice crackle beneath your weight… but nothing happens yet. Ice is breaking… [1/3]
The Omega floated through the slush, displacing it slightly with its twisted mass. The star’s light did not reflect off it in any coherent manner - space itself twisted around the Vehicle’s confines, and the light passing through that space bent and refracted in rectilinear confusion. The surviving microcameras followed it and consulted how best to represent it to the viewers at home - complaints had come trickling in after Giovanni’s stunt last turn. In the end, they settled on overlaying the Vehicle with a more standardly dimensional model - it still looked very impressive, but ideally would reduce vomiting in viewers at home.

After a failed attempt at spatial folding, Giovanni just locked his Vehicle down in preparation for whatever the others, the dying planet, or the star could throw at him. The shifting mass of the Omega shook the ice ominously, but still it lay, solid as a rock.

quote:

Skill: Wildlife Photography - 9
Skill: Wildlife Photography - 23
’Investigation’ >20 - Oh, what’s this!? RAMA be praised, a Garage! Garage Access
Mobility <10 - You hear the ice crackle beneath your weight… but nothing happens yet. Ice is breaking… [2/3]
Sir William drove in complete silence, eyes silently moving from screen to screen. He dutifully catalogued each feature of this dying land. The ice below was alive, once. Burrowing, twisting worms drilled holes through the ice, taking in the light of the star and excreting a trail of nutritious waste. Colonies of rolling insects followed behind them, building their hives beneath the ice and venturing down into the frigid water to hunt tiny fish. Massive, hanging tendrils of ice and hydrocarbons built up below the surface of the frozen lake, each feeding millions of cold adapted animal life. Methane vents erupted periodically, sending a burst of spore-like seeds into the blasting wind above the ice - 90% would perish in the frost, but if even one of them landed in exposed water the species would continue.

Not any longer. All around him, William’s sensors picked up the telltale signs of life succumbing to the star’s insidious radiation. Already, the bloated dead pressed up against the bottom surface of the ice, falling upwards like a peverse rain. Even the weather had been affected, with patterns of atmospheric pressure and wind unlike anything ever before seen on this planet. The ice itself buckled and rotted around them. His roving sensors picked up a Garage, and he drove towards it tentatively, unwilling to miss even a second of the spectacle. It was one hell of a show.

quote:

Mobility: 20
Defend [+5 Armor, Protective.Scaffold heals 1d4 HP[/b]
Mobility >10 - You keep moving, deftly avoiding any cracks in the ice. Avoid Ice Hazard
Karaz hauled rear end, keeping his armor up and desperately patching his rig back together. He swerved to hit a dying beast, laughing at it through broken teeth. He did not trust how the ice was looking, and he was keen to get the hell out of here! But poo poo, look at him - the race was nearing its conclusion, and here he was, still alive! He could WIN the fucker! Forget prison, if he won he’d be a drat king! He kept pressing the Protective.Scaffold button as though that would make it work faster (and for all he knew, it would do exactly that!)

quote:

SPECIAL FAILURE [Four Rounds Until Recharge]
Attack: Mr. Black [Machine Gun +1, Fire Ahead, DT8 Armor Piercing] - 14
Mobility <10 - You hear the ice crackle beneath your weight… but nothing happens yet. Ice breaks![3/3]
Slugger hooted as he pressed the Banana Button - then shook his head in rage as it didn’t work! Charlie (soon to be the last living native of Astrilia) fluttered in concern, whirling and leaping off the Vehicle’s console. It landed on a button, shifting the screen to face Mr. Black. Slugger nodded at his navigator’s prudent assessment, then gripped the trigger with all his might!
([[Slugger 1d20+2=14] vs [Mr. Black 1d20+0=5]/d4 = 2d4+1d1 = 5 Damage! OverKill doubles it! 8 damage and -1 to Armor next turn!) (Damage is doubled, then Status is applied. What do you guys think?)
He mimed a high five at Charlie (who fluttered away in alien confusion) and slapped his thigh in amusement. Around him, the ice groaned dangerously.

quote:

Mobility: 10
Skill: Drone Assist - 22
Mobility >10 - You keep moving, deftly avoiding any cracks in the ice. Avoid Ice Hazard
’Investigation’ >20 - Oh, what’s this!? RAMA be praised, a Garage! Garage Access
The Vanquisher crushed its way over the ice, oblivious to the cracks spreading in every direction. According to its sensors, IT was in no danger, so it hardly mattered about the others. Well, that guy in the Taurus was pretty cool, at least, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t shoot the bastard!

His sensors were all fritzy, no good. He needed - what’s it called - Operational Awareness, so he sent a swarm of drones out over the ice in a grid pattern. Bingo! Two of them spotted something, then relayed the feed through the others into the Vanquisher - a Garage, buried straight down into the ice. Anton sharply turned towards the Garage and drove straight through a giant block of ice. It shattered to bits and crunched under his heavy tracks.

quote:

Mobility: 20
Attack: Giovanni [Frontal Machine Guns +2, Fire Forward, Fire Every Other Turn] - 14
A tightening of his fists around the Hoverbike’s handles were the only outward indication of his displeasure, but Mr. Black was not happy. He gunned his engine, bringing himself in line with the Omega’s rear(?) before opening fire with silent fury.
([[Mr. Black 1d20+2=14] vs [Giovanni 1d20+4+5=15] = MISS!)
The bullets passed through (around?) the Omega, distorting its geometry somewhat in a way that was incredibly unsettling to observe. Mr. Black only had a moment to scowl before the world rocked beneath him.

The ice, already under heavy tension from the sudden heating, buckled like a broken bone. The pressure was such that building size slabs of ice were suddenly forced upwards, throwing up avalanches of falling ice. Worse, other slabs were forced downwards, sending up splashes of frigid water and the million corpses of Astrilia’s arctic wildlife. The Racers were taken completely unaware by the ferocity of the shifting ice, and scrambled to save themselves.
(Giovanni, William and Slugger must roll Mobility against this cat-ice-trophy.
Giovanni = 1d20 + 0 = 4 vs 10
William = 1d20 + 2 = 7 vs 10
Slugger = 1d20 + 3 = 11 vs 10)

Giovanni gasped as the icy surface he travelled over folded like a book, projecting a massive cliff of ice into the air above him. He frantically tried the Warp once again, but calibration mode still ticked away, singing a jaunty tune. He struck out at the cliff with his weaponry, but only succeeded in making more falling pieces. He kept trying to save himself until the world crashed down on him, squeezing him and his Vehicle through the double handful of dimensions it occupied.
(Giovanni is Taken Down! Any Points he has gained transfer to the Corp!)

---
Within the Garage, William felt a slight thump, then felt his stomach fly away in his body. He looked through his screens, through the Garage’s exterior cameras. Water. Water and churning ice. The Sensor Ship rolled over in the building’s confines, bumping William up against it’s inner surface, where he struck his head. He fell into the dark.

After a long while, he hit bottom. The Garage was bone dry, and the Sensor Ship wasn’t much worse for the wear… but he didn’t think he’d be racing, any longer. All around him, through the silt, he could see the bones of millenia of death and decomposition. At least he wouldn’t be bored with such marvels around him.

(William is alive but no longer an Active Racer. His Points return to his Corp. Additionally, you can detonate the Garage to gain an additional 5 Points whenever you wish - though of course doing so will result in his death)
---
Slugger vocalized his alarm as the world dropped away from him, Charlie whirling around him as though in orbit. Through quick and judicious use of his simian reflexes, he managed to rock the Fleetwood to the side, catching himself awkwardly on an icy ledge. The Vehicle rolled completely over four times before landing on its tires and blazing off to join the rest of the pack.

Temperature continues to rise. Impact in 2.5 hours. Any Racers not at the Endpoint will perish - and their associated Corporations will be disbanded and ejected into the remnant nebula.

[[THE RUN CONTINUES - BUT WHO IS IN THE LEAD?]]
[[...]]

[[...]]
[[NO TAKEDOWN THIS ROUND. BONUS POINTS STAND AT +1. SHILLKILL ACTIVE. OVERKILL ACTIVE.]]

1st - Giovanni_____________________________1st - Mr. Black (+2 Points)
2nd - Mr. Black___________________________2nd - Karaz
3rd - Project O____________________________3rd - Anton Kalinin-2
4th - Anton Kalinin-2_____________________4th - Project O
5th - Karaz________________________________5th - VACANT
6th - Sir William Getchem________________6th - VACANT

Due to the nature of the Takedown, no Parts from Sir William Getchem!
Due to the nature of the Takedown, Parts from Giovanni will Smash on a 1 or 2!
(Razzle.Dazzle falls off the Omega! [1d4=2] It Smashes Into Dust!
(Not.Now.Later falls off the Omega! [1d4=3] It Bounces! [1d4=1] It Smashes Into Dust!
(Try.Again falls off the Omega! [1d4=3] It Bounces! [1d4=4] It Survives! Roll 1d100 to claim it - using Last Round Positions, the closest behind him gains +5 to their roll, the next closest gains +4, and so on. New Racers, slot yourselves in order according to Last Round Positions.)
(Protective.Scaffold falls off the Omega! [1d4=3] It Bounces! [1d4=3] It Bounces! [1d4=2] It Smashes Into Dust!
(Force.Field falls off the Omega! [1d4=3] It Bounces! [1d4=4] It Survives! Roll 1d100 to claim it - using Last Round Positions, the closest behind him gains +5 to their roll, the next closest gains +4, and so on. New Racers, slot yourselves in order according to Last Round Positions.)
(Nano.Fabber falls off the Omega! [1d4=4] It Survives! Roll 1d100 to claim it - using Last Round Positions, the closest behind him gains +5 to their roll, the next closest gains +4, and so on. New Racers, slot yourselves in order according to Last Round Positions.)

You finally clear the frozen body of water, and not a moment too soon! The previously smooth surface is now a mess of bobbing crags shining dimly in the too-bright star. You leave it and the dead behind. Your map places you near the north pole of the planet, almost as far as you can get from the star at this latitude, at this time of the year. The northern continent sits below you under kilometres of ice, but everywhere you look this ancient ice is melting.

An alert perks up your ears. Wind, from the east - hurricane force, sudden and unrelenting. Your visibility drops to nothing in an instant, your screens obscured by whirling snow and freezing rain. Worse, your positioning data is intermittent - you don’t know where you ARE, much less where you’re going. And yet, you have to keep moving... where?

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 28, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

News from around the Galactic Rim
  • Shock Announcement from RAMA! - ~COC(0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0)
    Shock and alarm from Sundown Run Astrilia as RAMA announced the dissolution of any corporations with losing Racers in the Run! An attempt at driving up ratings? Some bizarre, high-level humor? Or - dare we say it - the first signs of madness and creeping rampancy in an AESC? Either way, viewers are fleeing from the system in droves, opting to watch it over the Undernet instead. We'll keep you updated as news breaks further!
  • Sundown Club Says Their Last Goodbyes- ~COC(0.0,0.0,0.0,-3.0)
    Sundown Club Astrilia said their last goodbyes to their friends and families only hours ago as they prepare to face C12-Exen's final light. The controversial Sundown Club is a loose assembly of individuals who have, for one reason or another, grown tired of life. After giving away their possessions, unhooking any mind backups, and otherwise getting their effects in orders, they descend to late-stage Sundown Run planets and live out the short remainder of their lives on AESC pleasure barges or (as is equally common) in solemn silence. This particular Run has seen several waves of Club members - the most contentious of which were the City Walkers, who went down into abandoned or evacuated Rounder cities and walked the streets. This was considered poor form by many, but the Club is effectively above criticism. After all, there's not much litigation that can be done to those vaporized by fusion fire!
  • BREAKING: Sir Getchem Broadcasting From The Astrilian Deeps!- ~COC(0.0,0.0,0.0, 0.0)
    Contrary to earlier reports, beloved Sir William Getchem of GEN! has not in fact perished in the Run, merely been lost! Deep beneath the Northern Ocean, he survives (for now) in a Garage. He has pledged to document the planet's last moments until he is no longer able. Stay tuned for up to the minute updates on his status!
  • Astrilian Virtuality Deemed Complete- ~COC(0.0,0.0,0.0, -1.0)
    Time is up for the Astrilian Virtuality Project - with the nova encroaching, all scanning systems are to be shut down and removed. Some 58% of the planet and its biosphere have been incorporated, with the rest to be lost to time. Zigit Shan, Head Virtualizer of the AVP, had this to say of their progress: "Well, it's a big project, you know. A whole planet, scanned down to the centimeter scale. It's not everything, not by a long-shot, but you need to figure out where to cut corners. It's like a sandcastle - you build it up, you want it to be perfect, but you can't preserve it forever. I mean, it's just... We did what we could, but you know how finicky some of these planets can be, especially when inhabited. Am I satisfied? Not really, no. But we're out of time. We'll just have to take what we can get."
  • Astrilian Lifeform in Miller Solutions Vehicle- ~COC(0.0,0.0,0.0, -3.0)
    A small Lifeform - colorfully designated a 'Twhirligig' - has found its way into the Miller Solutions' Racer's Vehicle. RAMA has declared that its more dramatic instincts have been carefully dampened to avoid damaging it or the Racer. Should it survive the Run, this 'Charlie' will be the last living native of Astrilia.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 28, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Giovanni watched with some bemusement as the former Giovanni fell into his doom. He was not the first one by a long shot; that one had perished long ago. But his legacy lived on. For Giovanni was nothing if not shrewd, always ready with a contingency, and knew well how to cut his losses. And so for this eventuality there was a plan as well, one put into action when the Omega showed its first signs of failure.

The Academy of Titan would be no more. Not as it once was. Instead, it was auctioned off to the highest single bidder, sold as a whole to preserve its function from being scavenged into worthlessness. And so, with a happy little bloop, the holoscreens and logos of the Academy were all updated with a little subtitle, reading "SMOOTHBORE subsidiary".

Sure, SMOOTHBORE would most likely expect more militarized applications from their research. But that was not such an issue, most of their research could readily be given some martial justification. And that which couldn't? Well, Giovanni had never shied away from a challenge.

Of course, as a part of an AESC, The Academy could no longer participate in the race. But that did not really matter. What mattered was that they stayed whole. They would have to stay low for a couple decades, perhaps even a century, but Giovanni was confident that they would eventually branch out as independents once more. Giovanni gave the screens one last glance, before departing the Betting Hall for good.

"Professor."

"Yes, Margaret?"

"What is to be done to the unused Academy supplies in the hangar?"

"Oh, just have the lot of it thrown out. It's cheaper to have the Nova clean it up for us.."

"At once, Professor."

Strangely enough, perhaps in a fit of pique by the Universe itself, one piece of the ejected debris -shaped uncannily like a shoe-, had been claimed by Astrilia's gravity well. And against all laws of probability, it was on a straight collision course with the planned route of the race.

From inside it, two glowing eyes leered. Green, triangular, and more tired than anything in known reality. And then it spoke, in monotonic, mechanical notes.

"..."

"Figures."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Just gonna put loot/healing rolls and some foreshadowing here for now.

Escutcheon Armor Technologies (7 2 points)
We will bury them.

Garage Heals: 2d4 = 4
Salvage (Try.Again): 1d100+3 = 103
Salvage (Force.Field): 1d100+3 = 39
Salvage (Nano.Fabber): 1d100+3 = 50

While the Vanquisher was being repaired and repainted, Anton Kalinin had climbed out of the tank and was walking around the inside of the garage. He strolled around the perimeter, tapping on all of the garage's wall panels. He was pretty sure this was the right garage. After a few minutes of searching, he found the one hollow panel and took a crowbar to it, revealing a brown paper package with a note attached to it. Jackpot. He took a look at the note, which read "IF BIODYNE ASKS YOU DIDNT GET THIS FROM ME", and disinterestedly tossed it aside. He ripped away at the paper wrapping, discovering a large, stainless steel syringe with the letters "H.Y.D.R.A." stamped on it.

He shoved the syringe into his neck and pushed the plunger down. Using dangerous, stolen drugs to win a race was sure to be good for his brand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

quote:

2 Health - 4/18
1 Mobility -
2 Armor -
1 Attack -

Weapons -

Special - Military-Grade Duct Tape - Add 2d6 temporary hit points to the vehicle, which will fade off the turn after next. - (2 Turns until Recharge)

Parts -

Offense -
Defense -
Mobility -
Utility

Points -
Racer: 22

Rolling loots
Salvage (Try.Again): I'm not going to beat Anton's roll.
Salvage (Force.Field): 1d100+2 = 85
Salvage (Nano.Fabber): 1d100+2 = 20

Bloody blizzards! Some of it was whistling through the holes in the Taurus and it was freezing the brass monkey he was sure. Best get those bloody holes patched up, he pulled the Guard crank.

1. Guard
Protective.Scaffold, 1d4 = 4

Good, this time he felt the drone arms shake loose the collected snow and work on sealing all the holes made in the chassis, he was now back to a level where he wouldn't just be incredibly dead if someone shot at him, especially now that that bloody science boff pushed through the new double damage rules.

He kept moving through the blizzard, carefully.

2. Mobility
Mobility + 1, 1d20+1 = 8 (7+1)

Very carefully.

• Locked thread