Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
GBS is doing a good job of creating the ultimate anti-Goon entree. So far I was thinking of the following:

A nice rib eye, cooked well done glazed with Heinz 57 (with a nice dollop of more ketchup on the side for dipping)
That sugary soupy macaroni salad from that Youtube video
Wash it down with a frosty glass of Soylent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Smash it Smash hit posted:

has anyone itt tried to mix ketchup and mayo for an ultimate dipping sauce for steaks?

I do this for fries but only at Chick-fil-a

Add some dijon mustard and put it on your salad.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Panfilo posted:

GBS is doing a good job of creating the ultimate anti-Goon entree. So far I was thinking of the following:

A nice rib eye, cooked well done glazed with Heinz 57 (with a nice dollop of more ketchup on the side for dipping)

all prepared on video by masaoki

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
gotta dip it in the chocolate waterfall a little bit too

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

FogHelmut posted:

I do this for fries but only at Chick-fil-a

Add some dijon mustard and put it on your salad.

i fux with chilfila sauce or poly depending on how i am feeling that day :getin:

heffsay
Mar 5, 2013

Smash it Smash hit posted:

i fux with chilfila sauce or poly depending on how i am feeling that day :getin:

Why not both?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

heffsay posted:

Why not both?

:eyepop: :chanpop:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Panfilo posted:

I've never had Soylent. I'm more of a Coors man myself.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ketchup only ever made fries taste better. Unless we are talking peppered ketchup in which case a world of culinary delight awaits you.

A good mustard goes well on anything though. Unlike bbq sauce. Hot wings especially just screams for a good habanero mustard type thing.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

evilmiera posted:

Ketchup only ever made fries taste better. Unless we are talking peppered ketchup in which case a world of culinary delight awaits you.

A good mustard goes well on anything though. Unlike bbq sauce. Hot wings especially just screams for a good habanero mustard type thing.

May I interest you in my BBQ thread?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

GBS food threads are always a great display of how toxic and bilious many of the posters in here are. I find it ironic that FYAD, which has a reputation as being somewhat of an anything-goes "troll lair", has posters that a lot more reasonable and well adjusted.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm convinced people that whine about others who put ketchup on steak cook a really bad steak, and don't realize that their friends don't want to be rude so they cover their meat pucks w ketchup.Because really I don't see many people put ketchup on steak unless the steak is poo poo.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Ketchup + soya sauce + vinegar = instant sweet and sour sauce.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I'm not going to get huffy if I cook a steak and people drown it in ketchup or A-1 sauce or whatever, but I do humbly suggest they try a bite as-is and let me know how it tastes, just so I know how well I made it.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

TheLightPurges posted:

I don't understand why its a 'thing' that needs to be commented on, especially if they are not the ones eating it.

Ketchup, a sweet sauce, and steak, a savory meat item, go very well together when mixed to create a more complicated 'flavor profile'.

I understand some people are simple and just want to eat the steak with salt and pepper, and that's fine. But theres no need to get upset at others if they want a more complex dining experience.

Personally I only put ketchup itself on cheaper cuts of meat. For special occasions when I buy an expensive cut like ribeye or a NY strip I will make a ketchup reduction and glaze it over the meat. Very yummy!

Ketchup is a poo poo condiment for childish retards

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Haha fine if thats what you like. Its funny how youre seeking justification for being called out on being an idiot garbage man for your food views in your other thread tho.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I like ketchup and Tabasco with french fires. Also a shitload of black pepper mixed up in there as well. That's some good ketchup.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I dunno maybe like a steak made out of a mushroom??

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

glowstick party tonight posted:

I dunno maybe like a steak made out of a mushroom??

Isn't that just eating a grilled mushroom?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Vakal posted:

Ketchup + soya sauce + vinegar = instant sweet and sour sauce.

the gently caress is soya sauce

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

BLARGHLE posted:

Isn't that just eating a grilled mushroom?

yeah exactl

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

I don't get it...

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

veni veni veni posted:

I'm convinced people that whine about others who put ketchup on steak cook a really bad steak, and don't realize that their friends don't want to be rude so they cover their meat pucks w ketchup.Because really I don't see many people put ketchup on steak unless the steak is poo poo.

people who put it on one steak tend to put it on all steaks

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

BLARGHLE posted:

I don't get it...

is maybe an acceptable thing to eat with ketchup thats called a steak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak

see paragraph three

class dismissed

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

glowstick party tonight posted:

is maybe an acceptable thing to eat with ketchup thats called a steak

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak

see paragraph three

class dismissed

Just calling a fungus a steak does not make it a steak.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Holy poo poo! YOU IDIOT

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Steak sucks with out ketchup imo

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Thank God for page 8. At least now it's not the same four retards trying to chum the waters with their "trolls"

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Just 4?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Ketchup out for Harambe!

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
If you're looking for a really refreshing drink idea:siren::siren::siren:FOR ADULTS ONLY:siren::siren::siren: try mixing ketchup with vodka for a spicy savory bloodie mary

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

garfield hentai posted:

If you're looking for a really refreshing drink idea:siren::siren::siren:FOR ADULTS ONLY:siren::siren::siren: try mixing ketchup with vodka for a spicy savory bloodie mary

Throw in some worchestershire sauce and pepper and you're getting somewhere.

Garnish with an uncooked Bar-S hot dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm sure there are some artisan ketchups that aren't made with a gently caress ton of sugar that probably would bring out the flavor of a steak when used as a marinade, and probably even make the steak taste better when you add just a small dab of it to the piece of steak but in all likelihood anyone getting ketchup on their steak is going to drag each bite through a lake of ketchup.

• Locked thread