Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Three Miles from This American Life is pretty amazing in the exploration of the racial divide in America. It costs a buck:

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/550/three-miles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

but theres no maga men here

Naw, thats the autistic screeching from people who pretend they are white

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bismuth posted:

Naw, thats the autistic screeching from people who pretend they are white

the fear of the boogeyman is real if you believe it's real

feller
Jul 5, 2006

unpleasantly turgid posted:

This has nothing to do with whiteness, lol. Poverty, extra-judicial killings, criminalization of marijuana (which created a viable space for privately-owned prisons) and net neutrality rollback affect whites just as much if not more than colored people.

They use the urbans and the immigrants to (very successfully i might add) distract you from the economic issues.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
http://www.theroot.com/jesse-jay-z-umar-and-the-allure-of-white-women-1796924566

lmao

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Garcin posted:

I honestly do not believe in the race war anymore. I think it's simple class warfare with a "hot potato" of the opiate of the masses. Subjugate the lowest class possible, differentiate and ever-so-slightly empower those who are in a class barely above them, and reap the fruits of their labor and ignorance to the fact that the upper class is prospering over the divide.

A good place to start it Bacon's rebellion in 1676 during the early formation of America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon%27s_Rebellion

There are quite a few articles on Bacon's rebellion, and how white and black indentured servants united to rebel against the oppressors. In the end, black rebels were relegated to the lowest tier of society and white rebels were empowered with a slightly better lot in life regarding their lives and prosperity. In return for the white rebels' anger and control of the black lower class, they kept their status as mortal pawns in an infinite chess game where you absolutely can never win.

We keep folding over lower class wars and have now included the middle class. Give the opiate of the masses to the weak, the old, and the sick in the form of medicaid, medicare, social security, and food stamps. Don't give anything to the middle class, and watch as they are angered and vote against their own interests to keep those "poors" in their place. Yet the middle class keeps paying for it in the form of taxation.

Turn off CNN and Fox News and read a history book. Pay attention to what is happening in your local community and have compassion for others. Racism only exists because we don't pay attention to what is within our realm of influence - what is right in front of us.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blaming poverty on crime doesn't hold up. There's clearly a culture of violence among many african americans that makes the whole black lives matter movement seem incredibly hypocritical.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Second Sun posted:

Blaming poverty on crime doesn't hold up. There's clearly a culture of violence among many african americans that makes the whole black lives matter movement seem incredibly hypocritical.

N...no!!!

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No it's not true, or no don't talk about it?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
uh oh, here we go

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Second Sun posted:

What's hypocritical is refusing to hold police officers accountable. No one is saying black murderers shouldn't be held accountable.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Being a cop is less dangerous than being a truck or cab driver btw

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Second Sun posted:

facts are like kryptonite to the left

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

What's hypocritical is refusing to hold police officers accountable. No one is saying black murderers shouldn't be held accountable.

I agree, but there definitely are BLM activists who aren't interested in the truth and just want to blame anything and everything on 'systemic racism'.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Go to the pyf charts and graphs if you want to see them numbers dance.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
oh good the race realists have arrived

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lol this poo poo again

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Psycho Society posted:

Being a cop is less dangerous than being a truck or cab driver btw
Fatality rate, yes, but police officers see a lot more on-the-job violence than a truck or cab driver. It also doesn't help that there's an environment of fear and paranoia that infects a lot of departments like the white supremacists that actively infiltrate them.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

Don't worry, I'm sure this has no effect on police interactions that would negatively impact minorities.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

ruddiger posted:

Go to the pyf charts and graphs if you want to see them numbers dance.

pshah, the only thing this could possibly mean is that blacks are murderous savages african american culture is inherently violent. i love black people just hate their bloodthirsty criminal culture, so you see, not racist at all

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Second Sun posted:

Why shouldnt I? Your chart is clearly showing a correlation with poverty and crime across all races.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Why shouldnt I? Your chart is clearly showing a correlation with poverty and crime across all races.
Because black criminal blacks are doing black crimes didn't you read the "black crime" section on Breitbart!!!!!

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I'm hands-off today. I would just like to watch this unfold.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Meme Emulator posted:

Ok, I'll rephrase. Solely blaming poverty on crime doesn't hold up. Happy?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A bad apple spoils molests and illegally arms the bunch.

http://laist.com/2017/07/14/robert_cain_weapons_charge.php

quote:

Officer Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old Cadet Pleads Not Guilty To Weapons Charge

Robert Cain, an LAPD officer embroiled in a scandal involving the department's cadet program, has pled not guilty to felony weapons charges that stem from a collection of guns found at his home, reports ABC7.

Cain, 31, first came to the attention of authorities when they were investigating incidences in which LAPD cadets had stolen police cruisers and equipment such as radios and Tasers. Two of those cruisers would crash during a police chase in June. Seven cadets were later arrested for their connection with the thefts, and the cadet programs at both the 77th Street Division and Pacific Division (where the cadets were enrolled) were both suspended.
The investigation would lead authorities to Cain, who was working in the equipment room of the 77th Street Division. Officials later said they suspected Cain of having sex with one of the 15-year-old cadets, and that a review of personal text messages indicated that he was aware of the thefts. Police Chief Charlie Beck personally arrested Cain at the 77th Street Community Police Station on June 22 for the alleged statutory rape of a minor.

Further investigation at Cain's Rancho Cucamonga home would turn up a cache of more than 100 weapons. "During the search of Cain's home, investigators discovered several restricted firearms, including assault rifles, and weapons-related contraband that were seized. Several of the weapons were determined to be illegal to possess in California," the LAPD said in a statement released today.

The LAPD presented the evidence to the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office, which then charged Cain earlier this week with ten felony weapons crimes including the illegal possession and manufacturing of assault rifles. Cain's not guilty plea came at a court appearance in Rancho Cucamonga on Friday; this was his first court appearance stemming from the cadet scandal.

According to the L.A. Times, the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office said Friday that they have not formally charged him with having unlawful sex, but are still reviewing the case against him.

Cain's bail was set at $250,000, reports ABC7. His next court appearance was set for Aug. 15.

Watch that piggy dance.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
My favorite story about a dude from the ghetto who made it out is Devonta Freeman from the Atlanta Falcons. Oldest kid of many from a single mom, grew up in the pork & beans in miami, worked odd jobs since he was a kid to provide for his mom and siblings and constantly had to dodge the pressures and dangers and opportunities for easy money that was basically the only way to survive

In an interview he was talking about the funeral parlor he worked for as a kid and how he'd see the bodies of boys not much older than him, victims of gang violence, getting their guts wrapped up in bags and how it made him determined not to end up like them. There's nothing physically special about him that says yeah this guy would make an elite running back, but even by NFL standards he's notorious for having a crazy work ethic and an indomitable drive and focus that makes him one of the very best

Which is probably what it takes to look beyond today in a world like that, where there really aren't any believable reasons you can give a kid as to why they should struggle along doing honest work for very little when more lucrative drug jobs are all around them

Behind the black crime statistics that no one on here wants to admit or talk about are a hundred thousand stories of people like him who didn't ask to be born into a gravity well of hopelessness, who didn't dream of being in jail or bleeding out on the street, who need ppl in their own communities to offer them a hand up and a tangible hope for a life they can make for themselves instead of having the lovely world around them make it for them

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
i appreciate how rapidly the race war thread got infested with SA's frog people

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

I'm hands-off today.
Make a habit of it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

I also like to compare the 70s to a time 50 years later.

lmfao. You're loving retarded lol. Dahahaha

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Kjoery posted:

i appreciate how rapidly the race war thread got infested with SA's frog people

:feelsgood:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
only the internet could breed a facist movement this stupid

go forth proudboytopkek1488 and trigger those libs :911:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Kjoery posted:

only the internet could breed a facist movement this stupid

go forth proudboytopkek1488 and trigger those libs :911:

the real funny thing is he absolutely does trigger those libs

both sides are retarded on an epic scale

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

whoflungpoop posted:

Make a habit of it

I'm sorry I'm smarter than u, i'll stop proving it

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

actually, nazis are bad

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

OK please hurry

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

What they see themselves as: your av

What they are in real life: see above

Neck beards are trigger lords now. :rolleyes:

lol nice self control. :justpost:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Holy poo poo are you for real

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

ruddiger posted:

lol nice self control. :justpost:

I'll admit that I have none whatsoever. I am constantly tumbling through problems, so indeed :justpost:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

ruddiger posted:

What they see themselves as: your av

What they are in real life: see above

Neck beards are trigger lords now. :rolleyes:
i believe a group of frogs, armed with sticks & wooden shields, decided to try to patrol a ghetto (and maybe get to beat up some minorities in self defense), but one just ended up getting stabbed by a gangster and they all ran

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Smoke a bowl, go outside, and be sociable, goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

Second Sun posted:

Concentrated poverty is the main difference

There are no white neighborhoods with the same % of poverty as your typical ghetto. People usually get jobs through other people so if nearly nobody you know has a job, well

When most everyone in the neighborhood is poo poo poor rather than a fraction, that's when people start forming gangs to sell drugs

Vlonald Prump fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 15, 2017

• Locked thread