Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
That’s right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

hey guys pharma exec here, doing a ton of research atm

on the best yacht for around $10,000,000

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Are you going to try to sit here and tell me that research and development doesn’t cost a ton of money? :rolleyes:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Papa John has a giant castle mansion because he has to do a lot of pizza research in its laboratories

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

hey guys pharma exec here, doing a ton of research atm

on the best yacht for around $10,000,000

thanj you for your service

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
what are patents?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Dubplate Fire posted:

They are throwing one of their own to the wolves to appease the masses.

Lol no. They're punishing one of their own for taking from their own. One of the vanishingly few scenarios where a rich person can go to jail is when they steal from other rich people.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I just liked that he cried. And disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The guy grew up the working class son of janitors in Brooklyn.

You can say they're punishing him for taking money from rich dudes, but he's too far from the general social upbringing of finance guys to be called one of their own.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

Papa John has a giant castle mansion because he has to do a lot of pizza research in its laboratories

Hey man, it takes so much inspiration, effort, and guts to build 40,000 square foot supermansions for millions upon millions of dollars while cutting the hours of your delivery drivers so they don't qualify for ACA-mandated healthcare insurance. You just can't understand how much he put into that company.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

this, but unironically. the laboratories are "conservative" think tanks that come up with poo poo like forced employee ranking or donating to candidates who will fight education spending, healthcare reform and unions to keep employees powerless and wages depressed. Fox News was probably created in such a think tank.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
you dumb fucks have way too much faith in the general public. having seen this dude go to prison, people are just going to move onto the next big outrage (tm), and pretend like putting an essential nobody from the pharma world in jail is going to have any effect on drug prices. epi pen prices haven't gone anywhere either, despite all of the posturing from congress and others.

drug prices are a large part of my job, but please pretend like i am just some trump supporter who is angry about this guy going to prison. liberals liberals LIBERALS

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm glad we finally took care of big pharma. Everything is going to be okay now.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i was convinced that this had solved all the worlds problems until incredibly wise and worldly goons set me straight with their insight

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I'm glad he's dead and I hope he burns in hell!!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
He's a oval office and it's good he's being punished for something, even if the people responsible for the punishment are also cunts. My blazing hot take!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Just a little movie reference for you guys lol. Cheers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
when a good thing happens, it's actually bad. :weed:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Vlonald Prump posted:

Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to gently caress with

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

How many more people can kramer into this thread and regale us with their hot takes about how this isn't actually good and we are all puppets who think the pharma problem has been solved

Lets keep count

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Just wanna say that this was the best Wu-Tang post itt and it made me laugh heartily

Woden
May 6, 2006
At first I thought 7 years for stealing from the rich was too much time, but he's also rich so it's probably fine.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.

Tetramin posted:

Are you going to try to sit here and tell me that research and development doesn’t cost a ton of money? :rolleyes:

for a 60 year old generic drug, or freaking epinephrine? lmao you can order this poo poo online from china for $.10 if you want to risk federal prison. Or if you want to obey the law you bend over and pay $700 to the guy with the legally mandated monopoly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Flesh Forge posted:

Lol no. They're punishing one of their own for taking from their own. One of the vanishingly few scenarios where a rich person can go to jail is when they steal from other rich people.

It’s both. Read what the gently caress I wrote.

• Locked thread