Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Dark City deserved better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

They should make a movie where people believe they are in a futuristic VR simulation, but in the end it turns out it was taking place in the 17th century and the protagonist is rene descartes being tricked by a demon

"I think, therefore I... woah."

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

After watching Sense8 I think I "get" the rave/sex scene in Reloaded. The Wachowskis just love 2 gently caress :dance:

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

goatface posted:

Dark City deserved better.

:hmmyes:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Cacator posted:

the rave/sex scene in Reloaded

that was the dumbest loving thing, literally

Zion genuinely seems like a total shithole I'd much rather live and "struggle" in the Matrix imo :o:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

that was the dumbest loving thing, literally

Zion genuinely seems like a total shithole I'd much rather live and "struggle" in the Matrix imo :o:

We are

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
hell yeah :rock:

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
i remember watching that stupid MTV music award Matrix parody one too many times and for a while thought wanda sykes was really in the second movie

im the oracle dammit

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I constantly get the MTV movie parody confused with the Scary Movie 3 parody

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA

goatface posted:

Violent J will play himself and take the Morpheus role.

I need this NOW

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
With the Matrix, I think it's a fair enough topic to bring up a few of the other 'secret reality' movies of that same short window of time. Dark City has been mentioned, but there was also eXistenZ and The Thirteenth Floor (which has the horrible misfortune of opening just a few weeks after the Matrix came out.)

As odd as this sounds, I'm almost suspecting any Matrix remake to be more like 13th Floor in some ways.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the matrix is a really solid action film with a good twist, but knowing what we know now about the wachowski's struggle with identity, I think that elevates it to a masterpiece

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cacator posted:

I constantly get the MTV movie parody confused with the Scary Movie 3 parody

aparently George Carlin was the Architect in Scary Movie 3, neat.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if it was made right now it'd be a ready player one formula but slightly more adult

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Matrix reboot will reveal that the Matrix is set on Pandora from Avatar and everyone is really a giant blue cat alien in the real world.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
That last guy is cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCyrKJg-1VM

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

JediTalentAgent posted:

With the Matrix, I think it's a fair enough topic to bring up a few of the other 'secret reality' movies of that same short window of time. Dark City has been mentioned, but there was also eXistenZ and The Thirteenth Floor (which has the horrible misfortune of opening just a few weeks after the Matrix came out.)

As odd as this sounds, I'm almost suspecting any Matrix remake to be more like 13th Floor in some ways.

The 13th floor as in the 80s comic Scream? AI computer makes “matrix’s” on a non exsistant floor to punish people?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

thanks I hate this!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
edit, wrong thread

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

504 posted:

The 13th floor as in the 80s comic Scream? AI computer makes “matrix’s” on a non exsistant floor to punish people?

No, the other one. Apparently there's another story with a VR with the same name. Characters in 1990s have built a VR simulation of a completely realistic 1930s with sentient AIs running around in it who aren't aware they're not real and apparently everyone has a 30s version of themselves in the simulation, while a murder investigation is going on.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I think that was also an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? but with aliens

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

504 posted:

A lot of it comes back to I have no mouth and I must scream. Only that computer didn't bother with the matrix part.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

*Neo coming out of training programs*

"I know Cross Fit."

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

steinrokkan posted:

Matrix is for rubes
Cool dudes reference Dark City and They Live

Dark City is a loving mess that stumbles in the final act.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
They Live, however, is a timeless masterpiece.

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space

mobby_6kl posted:

They Live, however, is a timeless masterpiece.

I saw They Live and Rowdy Roddy Piper did a Q&A where he drank two of the biggest Red Bulls.

R.I.P.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

bradzilla posted:

*Neo coming out of training programs*

"I know Cross Fit."

"You have to let it all go, Neo. Free your core."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon