Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Gritty gore filled mortal combat style fighter game with realistic 90s cartoon characters. He Man, Arnold, ninja turtle, Doug, Gummi bear, catdog, Inspector Gadget, astro boy, Stimpy, Darwin etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
You're just this inexplicably huge guy - like 8 feet tall - and very muscley and you have haphephobia and you have to make your commute using the bus/subway/whatever without touching anyone.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Lesson Man

It’s a superhero game where you fly around and talk to teens about the dangers of stuff like texting and driving, swimming after eating, etc. Every year (real time) you’re judged on societal per capita injuries in various categories.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh, i actually have Opinions on this:

- A Burnout-clone where the cars are also filled with ragdoll bodies. No, don't make them realistic, hell they can be goofy and cartoony, just have bodies that can get ejected from collisions or blown out the window when I hit the magic "explode car" button

- A Warhammer 40K game that basically implements a real-time Epic Armageddon game via the World in Conflict engine. The tactical aids would be great for calling in Thunderhawk strafing runs or orbital strikes or what-have-you, and instead of the team breakdown being infantry/armor/support/air it could be land/skimmers/support/titans :twisted: (or something like that)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
like check it, you've got a fuckin' Gargant rolling in on your poo poo, you combine a grip of tactical aid points with some reinforcements and *bam!* a full detachment of Terminators teleports in and starts waling on the Gargant in a close engagement

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
An isometric Scifi/SpaceFantasy Diablo or Path of Exile clone, with Blizztivision level of overpolish. I just like glowing blues and greens and impractical scifi armor.

A tripleA open world game rated E but with the same level of detail as Spiderman or Ghosts of Tshushima. Just no more than a PG amount of swears and absolutely no "NOW LETS ADD SOMETHING FOR DADDY!" moments. (Cue Andy Daly making slimy faces)

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A Battle Royale game where the fighting takes place in an unstable alternate universe. Instead of having a ring that does damage over time while you are outside of it everything outside the central combat area slowly disintegrates. If you take too long or decide to fight slightly outside of it the disadvantage would be that your potential cover will deteriorate and disappear, eventually followed by the ground and even your character if you're too far away. The advantage could be that it would be difficult for anyone inside the combat area to see you. I think it could be a more interesting and visually compelling take on the genre.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Gritty gore filled mortal combat style fighter game with realistic 90s cartoon characters. He Man, Arnold, ninja turtle, Doug, Gummi bear, catdog, Inspector Gadget, astro boy, Stimpy, Darwin etc.

Most of these have probably been made for MUgen already, so your dream may be closer than you realise!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A pizza delivery simulator but all of the people you deliver to have insane quirks or weird houses. Like you make it to some huge mansion and the guy offers you a $500 tip if you help him move a couch. The game just gets crazier and crazier and you're eventually delivering to houses that are being attacked by aliens, houses on top of volcanos, stuff like that.

You spend your money to maintain and improve you car, which also gets weirder and crazier as the game goes on. By the end you could be driving around in a giant robot that shoots pizza missiles.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Lifepuzzler posted:

You're just this inexplicably huge guy - like 8 feet tall - and very muscley and you have haphephobia and you have to make your commute using the bus/subway/whatever without touching anyone.

I'm 6ft and lived in Andes for a while so I've basically played the VR version of this game. People get kick out of watching some random smiling at the scenery with his head through the bus roof like a dimwitted giraffe.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 26, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

A pizza delivery simulator but all of the people you deliver to have insane quirks or weird houses. Like you make it to some huge mansion and the guy offers you a $500 tip if you help him move a couch. The game just gets crazier and crazier and you're eventually delivering to houses that are being attacked by aliens, houses on top of volcanos, stuff like that.

You spend your money to maintain and improve you car, which also gets weirder and crazier as the game goes on. By the end you could be driving around in a giant robot that shoots pizza missiles.

Death Stranding 2

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Hat posted:

this sounds like the kind of game that already exists on itch.io but no one has ever played it because its on itch.io

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The human body simulator, where you have to control every bodily function of a human being for 5 minutes. From pupil dilation to stomach acid release to mashing space to make sure you don't accidentally loosen your anus.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
So just like that running game but for not making GBS threads your pants? I love it

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Thief: Opposing Force

You play as a mansion guard, trying to prevent a super skilled thief from taking the silver. What makes it work is that the game is really bad, so when you see something in the shadows you might stroll over and look around for a bit but then realize you don't give a gently caress and just go back and stand at your post, just like the guards in every stealth game. Co-op multiplayer up to 64 players.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Archer666 posted:

The human body simulator, where you have to control every bodily function of a human being for 5 minutes. From pupil dilation to stomach acid release to mashing space to make sure you don't accidentally loosen your anus.

im playing this game at all times though

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Archer666 posted:

this could work kind of like Overcooked. the person would be going through some menial task and you're struggling like all those old cartoons of ppl being controlled by a team of little dudes in their head. More sweat! Somebody go quick!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Icochet posted:

You play as a mansion guard, trying to prevent a super skilled thief from taking the silver. What makes it work is that the game is really bad, so when you see something in the shadows you might stroll over and look around for a bit but then realize you don't give a gently caress and just go back and stand at your post, just like the guards in every stealth game. Co-op multiplayer up to 64 players.

I've seen a few base building games that tried to do this concept with limited amounts of success but this just might work as a VR horror/survival game. Kind of like some Alien games but more medieval

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

A Fancy Hat posted:

Is there a Big Sausage Pizza mod?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

this could work kind of like Overcooked. the person would be going through some menial task and you're struggling like all those old cartoons of ppl being controlled by a team of little dudes in their head. More sweat! Somebody go quick!

A video game version of Meet Dave, except actually fun.

You try to sit down but accidentally get the order of move leg, bend knee wrong so you bend the knee first and just slam onto the chair with your back.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Icochet posted:

There was an 8-bit adaptation of Aliens where you controlled the entire squad in a pseudo-first-person view, but could only control one at a time and had to switch between them whenever any of them saw an alien in their room before it munched them. This could work like that, where you set patrol patterns and things for the guards and then when one of them hears or sees something you can switch over to them (but only for like twenty seconds before they go "huh, probably nothing" and return to their post)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Archer666 posted:

It'd have to be in the style of FTL, where you have to prioritize tasks and the body is constantly under attack from physical forces, illnesses, etc.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Whybird posted:

There was an 8-bit adaptation of Aliens where you controlled the entire squad in a pseudo-first-person view, but could only control one at a time and had to switch between them whenever any of them saw an alien in their room before it munched them. This could work like that, where you set patrol patterns and things for the guards and then when one of them hears or sees something you can switch over to them (but only for like twenty seconds before they go "huh, probably nothing" and return to their post)

I was thinking normal first person hack and slash where you can weasel your way to victory. The scoring could be something like

-Thief is captured by you: 10 points
-Thief is captured by other guards, you're unharmed: 8 points
-Thief is captured by other guards, you're knocked out: 6 points
-Thief is captured by other guards, you're dead: 0 points
-Thief succeeds, you're unharmed: 2 points (you're fired but at least you're alive)
-Thief succeeds, you're knocked out: 4 points (lord of the manor is angry but doesn't fire you because you've suffered enough, plus the Guardsperson's Union doesn't gently caress around when a member is injured on the job)
-Thief succeeds, you're dead: 0 points

A tactical player will often find it wise to not start poo poo with the thief because if a swordfight breaks out and you die you get nothing. A blackjack to the head is a safe choice so just standing around with your back to the shadows is a pretty good strategy

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Metal Gear Rising 2

gently caress you, konami

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Some rpg where you are just a mercenary dude, you just move your dude around a huge map with nations and poo poo. When attacked the game changes from map based to a dynasty warrior style battle. No protagonist story or any of that, you just try to get by, make some coin, buy some land, do some spreadsheets join some fellow merc and idk take down a dragon. Idk something between battle brothers, crusader kings and dynasty warriors could be cool.

Also you die a lot.

I hope m&b 2 can scratch this itch in the future.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
A large scale, high concept Discworld RPG that spans either the entire disc or at least a large chunk of it.

Also, somehow, it's genuinely funny and captures the spirit of the books while still making some new jokes (instead of just relying completely on references to jokes Pratchett already made).

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
SimCity. By a reanimated zombie Maxis

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

A Loud Fart posted:

A physics based farting/making GBS threads simulator.

Get these scientists on your dev team.

zaepg posted:

Always wanted to play a game that uses Google Maps to create a playable world. Like being able to run around my neighborhood. I know Flight Simulator gets close by flying overhead, but a GTA style game would be rad!

Aardvark! posted:

i want this specifically for driving in vr. it would be incredible drunk
You're goddam right. Just playing a regular race-car game when you're drunk (I recommend the Burnout series on various generations of Playstations) is outstanding, VR and real cities would be amazing.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Zombiepop posted:

Some rpg where you are just a mercenary dude, you just move your dude around a huge map with nations and poo poo. When attacked the game changes from map based to a dynasty warrior style battle. No protagonist story or any of that, you just try to get by, make some coin, buy some land, do some spreadsheets join some fellow merc and idk take down a dragon. Idk something between battle brothers, crusader kings and dynasty warriors could be cool.

Also you die a lot.

I hope m&b 2 can scratch this itch in the future.

Kinda sounds like Battle Brothers except that's a tactics game with no plot just events and end game stuff is just harder.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
There was a free game from like a decade or so ago called Dyson, where you'd plant spores on different...planet-sphere things and once they grew into tree-like things, you could send the spores to infect and take over other planets.

Was a really simple game artistically. I would absolutely love to have that in VR.

e: I guess that became Eufloria

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Spore but all of the parts are realistically human or human-adjacent, ala Krumm from Aaah Real Monsters

Also your species can consume, manufacture, and sell drugs in the game.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

A hyper realistic and immersive VR flight simulator, except instead of being a pilot in an airplane, you are a bird. The VR rig would involve crazy poo poo like a harness that has you suspended in a wind tunnel and you’d wear aerodynamically correct mocap bird wings on your arms and the wind tunnel would respond to your actions like taking off, gaining speed, doing crazy in-flight maneuvers, atmospheric conditions, storms, vertigo, etc. You’d have to learn and execute correct flapping/gliding technique in order to stay aloft. Levels would be epic and visually breathtaking sky scenes, like the Tetons or the Neverending Story intro credits. Oh yeah, rig would have to include an omnidirectional treadmill so you can experience spreading your wings, running to the edge of a cliff and jumping off and then be flying. A Grand Canyon level would be great for that.

The reason I want this to exist is because I’ve been chasing the high of a dream I had in middle school where I turned into a bird and flew, and it was mindblowingly realistic, like being able to feel the air currents on individual feathers, the sensation of vertigo and weightlessness, everything. I was in a euphoric mood for like a week after. Haven’t had a flight dream since that’s even come close, even lucid ones.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I have some digestion issues and I'd like the previous posters idea but instead of flying like a bird I can just take a healthy poo poo where you wipe once and you're on with the rest of your day.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I would like a one that is a mashup of the previous two, but it's experiencing making GBS threads like a bird, where it's both pee and poop at the same time. You can aim it at people, statues, etc. The setup involves a sensor pad you put on the floor that can detect splatters of your induced diarrheia.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Monster Hunter, from the perspective of Rajang

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

!Klams posted:

A game that's like Home Alone crossed with dungeon keeper, crossed with the Sims, with incredible physics. So like, you get an alert of different kinds of home invaders, "Jehovas witnesses, coming in the front door", "Ants, coming in through the kitchen wall", "SWAT team, breaching all the downstairs windows simultaneously" etc, and then you've got a time limit to set up a bunch of traps, kind of like you would in the Sims, only you've got a really complicated suite of household items you can use, and the physics is strong enough to support whatever crazy trap ideas you come up with.

This sounds like a game on the genesis, but you were a ghost. Anyone remember this thing?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Dubplate Fire posted:

This sounds like a game on the genesis, but you were a ghost. Anyone remember this thing?

I remember there was a japanese(?) flash game where you have to spook the security guard (or butler?) patrolling a haunted mansion to save him from deadly traps.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

The Management posted:

A game where each level is a different Tom Hanks movie and you have to kill Tom Hanks’ character

Workaday Wizard posted:

Cameron Mitchell: The Videogame
This combo as a game - you're Cameron Mitchell, and you have to kill Tom Hanks in every Tom Hanks movie - would consume my life. loving amazing.

Queen Victorian posted:

A hyper realistic and immersive VR flight simulator, except instead of being a pilot in an airplane, you are a bird.

Not necessarily the hyper realistic, elaborate hardware VR version, but I pretty much constantly think about Bird: The Flight Sim. For now, keep your idea as the upgrade, VR version of my conventional mouse/keyboard/screen idea.
Each bird species - there are about 10 000 on earth - gets two missions, plus the open-world do-anything sandbox mode. Each species has an easy mission, and a hard mission. Users can make their own missions and put them on the server, sure why not.

For example:
Peregrine Falcon - easy: Start out already flying, just play with fast dives and flying around and learning the controls for high-speed flight.
Peregrine Falcon - hard: Find, attack, kill a prey bird (pigeon, duck, whatever you can find in a large randomly-generated world), bring the carcass (or a big chunk of it) back to your nest and feed your offspring. You need to not just fly like a bird, but work out weight distribution for carrying your half-a-pigeon home to the top of a skyscraper and how to rip it apart and feed it to your chick without choking your chick. And if you take too long your baby starves to death and you lose.

Pigeon - easy: Eat some seeds on the ground of the park in the city. Land on the statue, poo poo. Bonus points for getting poo poo in interesting places.
Pigeon - hard: You're a disease-ridden, scrawny young male pigeon in a big, polluted city. You've got to find food, get yourself sorted out, and mate with a female to produce chicks. All while being ruthlessly hunted by peregrine falcons and an entire city's worth of cats.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I have some digestion issues and I'd like the previous posters idea but instead of flying like a bird I can just take a healthy poo poo where you wipe once and you're on with the rest of your day.

Ventral EggSac posted:

I would like a one that is a mashup of the previous two, but it's experiencing making GBS threads like a bird, where it's both pee and poop at the same time. You can aim it at people, statues, etc. The setup involves a sensor pad you put on the floor that can detect splatters of your induced diarrheia.
Chinstrap Penguin - easy: incubate egg, poop outside nest
Chinstrap Penguin - hard: incubate egg, poop outside nest, waddle to ocean, hunt squid, avoid getting eaten by leopard seals and killer whales. Feed stomach contents to chick. Survive the blizzard.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I always thought a game where you wake up in a bizarro world and had to explore and find clues to learn the truth about what's going on.

Examples in other media would be the GI Joe episodes There's No Place Like Springfield 1 & 2, Unknown starring Liam Neeson, or the excellent, yet short-lived Nowhere Man series starring Bruce Greenwood.

If there is something that fits this bill, let me know and I'll have to grab some :filez:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

ExecuDork posted:

This combo as a game - you're Cameron Mitchell, and you have to kill Tom Hanks in every Tom Hanks movie - would consume my life. loving amazing.

Not necessarily the hyper realistic, elaborate hardware VR version, but I pretty much constantly think about Bird: The Flight Sim. For now, keep your idea as the upgrade, VR version of my conventional mouse/keyboard/screen idea.
Each bird species - there are about 10 000 on earth - gets two missions, plus the open-world do-anything sandbox mode. Each species has an easy mission, and a hard mission. Users can make their own missions and put them on the server, sure why not.

For example:
Peregrine Falcon - easy: Start out already flying, just play with fast dives and flying around and learning the controls for high-speed flight.
Peregrine Falcon - hard: Find, attack, kill a prey bird (pigeon, duck, whatever you can find in a large randomly-generated world), bring the carcass (or a big chunk of it) back to your nest and feed your offspring. You need to not just fly like a bird, but work out weight distribution for carrying your half-a-pigeon home to the top of a skyscraper and how to rip it apart and feed it to your chick without choking your chick. And if you take too long your baby starves to death and you lose.

Pigeon - easy: Eat some seeds on the ground of the park in the city. Land on the statue, poo poo. Bonus points for getting poo poo in interesting places.
Pigeon - hard: You're a disease-ridden, scrawny young male pigeon in a big, polluted city. You've got to find food, get yourself sorted out, and mate with a female to produce chicks. All while being ruthlessly hunted by peregrine falcons and an entire city's worth of cats.

Chinstrap Penguin - easy: incubate egg, poop outside nest
Chinstrap Penguin - hard: incubate egg, poop outside nest, waddle to ocean, hunt squid, avoid getting eaten by leopard seals and killer whales. Feed stomach contents to chick. Survive the blizzard.

In all seriousness, I would play the ever-loving poo poo out of a game that immersed you in the sensory experience of a penguin's life.