Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
One Piece good?
It's great
Meh
One Piss
View Results

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

quote:

"Saw-Tooth" Arlong (ノコギリのアーロン, Nokogiri no Āron) is a sawshark-type fishman and fishman-supremacist.[ch. 69, 71] Growing up in a rough part of Fishman Island, he becomes captain of the Arlong Pirates, who temporarily merge with other fishmen to form the Sun Pirates.[ch. 621, 624]

how cliche, a fishman-supremacist from fishman island. most fishmen from fishman island are good people irl. loving anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Google tells me Shonen Anime is targeted to preteen and teenage boys.

yes... that's what the people who are still watching it today, were when it started running 20 years ago

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Fur20 posted:

yes... that's what the people who are still watching it today, were when it started running 20 years ago

1 Corinthians 13:11

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

is that a anime? sounds cool

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mulaney Power Move posted:

how cliche, a fishman-supremacist from fishman island. most fishmen from fishman island are good people irl. loving anime.

smh at this outdated sexist terminology. What about the fishwomen?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

flavor.flv posted:

One piece is a famously Christian anime yes.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

He's Jewish, his version only had the old testament

one piece is speculative fiction about a world where Jesus was never born

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
One piece reminds me of stumbling around the JUSCO mall thing in Akita humming sex and candy and waiting for a bus. Can I have the last ten years back please?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I kind of look like Bartholemew Kuma irl, my wife bought me a Kuma hoodie a few years ago that I wear without shame. It's kind of neat how many and how many different demographics of strangers will be like, "Yo, One Piece!" when I wear it to the store or whatever. Just enjoy what media you actually find fun, who gives a poo poo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tokelau All Star posted:

I kind of look like Bartholemew Kuma irl, my wife bought me a Kuma hoodie a few years ago that I wear without shame. It's kind of neat how many and how many different demographics of strangers will be like, "Yo, One Piece!" when I wear it to the store or whatever. Just enjoy what media you actually find fun, who gives a poo poo.

I wear my heart pirates hoodie everywhere

an absurd range of people will comment on it its cool

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The only acceptable anime shirt for adults to wear is Goku shirt and only at the gym hth

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tokelau All Star posted:

I give a poo poo. How dare you get entertainment from the void that is One Piece. Like it's so god drat loving slow making other slow animes look fast. gently caress! What the gently caress is wrong with people. Stop enjoying dull garbage! Anyway did you all hear that Battle Athletes is getting a sequel? Exciting news.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

The only acceptable anime shirt for adults to wear is Goku shirt and only at the gym hth

Gym shirt:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Hello! Body Improvement Club: Brutal Fight Mystery

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The correct answer for the best anime is Space Dandy. I abhor musicals but the high school musical episode is magical.

Space Dandy also has the best line in any piece of media. During an episode Dandy is having a mental breakdown because he doesn't know who he is. The narrator cuts in saying "Drowning in the introspection he couldn't even spell." loving genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPDlv3zr_cM

Edit: I forgot the line "I was me before it was cool!"

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 15, 2021

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Dandy is a man of culture and philosophy.

Very popular with the ladies too.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Is Pingu an anime?

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Fur20 posted:

fr all that poo poo is awesome when you're between the ages of 9 and 14. The problem is if you're way into it then, you may never stop

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Monkey Balls Child Emperor Pingu Legacy

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Realized that even just at my normal pace of reading some comics before bed, I'll probably be caught up with One Piece in a couple months, which isn't that bad. Or I'll get bored and stop reading it. Either way I'll have a more definitive opinion.

Meme Poker Party posted:

Dandy is a man of culture and philosophy.

Very popular with the ladies too.

I don't have anything smart to add, but Space Dandy fuckin rules. So far, it's the only show I've seen with an episode where the protagonists attempt to solve their current high concept sci fi problem with Yahoo! Answers.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Pingu and Ringu have the same plot if your brain isnt there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

You joke but there's actually a whole arc about this and how their old captain was basically fish-man Malcom X/John Brown and the difficulties of dealing with personal and institutionalised racial hatred and trauma.