Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

1. have money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Op, I'm on vacation and left the US. I was in Puerto Rico yesterday and will be entering St. Marteen today. I have not been shot yet even though Puerto Rico is a US territory. I'm currently taking a huge poo poo on the cruise ship and thought I'd share my experience. Puerto Rico is supposed to be easy to move to for a US citizen and you'd less likely to be involved in a mass shooting than in the states.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

naem posted:

1. have money

pretty much

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There are lots of places you can live in the US without getting shot because there are lots of places with no people. Be warned, though, that you may have to sacrifice one condition to keep the other.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Szyznyk posted:

My grandfather was born in the Republic and died of cirrhosis of the liver so bam, instant citizenship.

So natural causes.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bump

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

hey can you do another bump real quick

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

hey can you do another bump real quick

Bump

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Don't stop!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
And then I bumped up, I took the hit that I was given then I bumped again, then I bumped again i said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

zenintrude posted:

Do you have a Bachelors degree?

If so, you can teach English in Korea and do alright I guess. Most jobs will pay for your flight, housing, and some other stuff in addition to your salary. Unfortunately salaries for foreign teachers haven’t really kept pace with global inflation over the last 15 years or so, but if you’re really wanting to leave the country, there are much worse ways to do it.

During my last year living in China (18/19), I met a lot of former Korea teacher ex-pats that had recently come over to China because their salaries (not keeping up with inflation) and insane work schedules no longer made South Korea viable. One can live a lot more comfortably in China while working less. However, the pandemic happened so it's a lot harder to get over to China, and covid restrictions are very strict. I have a friend living in Zhuhai who hasn't been able to travel to Hong Kong and visit friends for over two years. Plus, China has its own issues as documented in this thread.

Another route is doing the global nomad thing. Find a remote work gig and bounce around the world at your leisure. Central/South America and Southeast Asia are great places for that lifestyle. I assume it gets pretty tiring after a while though, and there are of course dangers/annoyances associated with being a nomad. I did it for a bit. Learned a lot, saw a lot, and had a lot of fun.