Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Emphasis mine:

Yeah turns out they don't tell the rest of it because These girls are basically equivalant to a flower girl in the west, not the brides but you know lets not do a loving iota of research because hey, Islam.

Hmm, looks kind of like one of those virginity ceremonies.

EDIT: EFB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I never have any email stuff to contribute, but my dad is a good source of this kind of stuff. Here's a (paraphrased) example from about half an hour ago:

:smug: (Dad): In 1960 Detroit was doing incredibly well, but they've been under Democratic control ever since . . ..

:j: (me): Uh, I thought white flight had something to do with that.

:smug:: Well, what do you think caused that?

:j:: :psyduck:

The conversation moved on, so I couldn't respond effectively. Please help me show up my father, goons!

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 2, 2010

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

That's a pretty easy one: the advent of suburbs caused a very good portion of white flight.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ask him if white people can see the future.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So my stepdad sent me an email ribbing on CNN and calling them "Obama's personal network."

After I stop laughing, I just responded to him with "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" and deleted the email forever.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

So my stepdad sent me an email ribbing on CNN and calling them "Obama's personal network."

After I stop laughing, I just responded to him with "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" and deleted the email forever.

I thought it was the Clinton News Network. This is getting confusing...

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

My dad will rant and rave about the liberal biases of CNN (lol) and MSNBC but sees absolutely no problem with Fox "telling it like it is."

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Miss Fats posted:

My dad will rant and rave about the liberal biases of CNN (lol) and MSNBC but sees absolutely no problem with Fox "telling it like it is."

I remember telling my dad that the 24/7 news channels only care about advertising money and not at all about preserving any integrity of news, and that I don't care for CNN, MSNBC or Fox, and he literally said this:

"I agree, they're all terrible, but I watch Fox anyways because I'm their target audience."

But if you know it's terrible then why doas=dflkanw;eltkgna

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I'm not American but I follow what goes on over there, and I struggle to understand how you get people screaming that the media has a 'liberal bias'. Isn't Fox the most-watched news channel? The people complaining about liberal bias are the people who watch Fox, so they know it's conservative....so how can they claim the media is biased against them when their channel is the most popular one?

Over here in the UK the Daily Mail is the most-read newspaper and is quite conservative, hates immigrants, poor people, gays, etc. and goes on about house prices such, but I've never heard anyone complain that our media is 'too liberal' or 'too left-wing'.

Lady Gaza fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 4, 2010

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Xanin posted:

I'm not American but I follow what goes on over there, and I struggle to understand how you get people screaming that the media has a 'liberal bias'. Isn't Fox the most-watched news channel? The people complaining about liberal bias are the people who watch Fox, so they know it's conservative....so how can they claim the media is biased against them when their channel is the most popular one?

Over here in the UK the Daily Mail is the most-read newspaper and is quite conservative, hates immigrants, poor people, gays, etc. and goes on about house prices such, but I've never heard anyone complain that our media is 'too liberal' or 'too left-wing'.

That's because you still have something resembling a balanced media.

I never would have thought, back in my days as a journalism student in the early 80s, that government control or regulation of the media (to any extent) would be a good thing. Once again, unfettered capitalism has proven me wrong.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

That's because you still have something like a balanced media.

I never would have thought, back in my days as a journalism student in the early 80s, that government control or regulation of the media, to any extent, would be a good thing. Once again, unfettered capitalism has proven me wrong.

I'd definitely say our broadcast media is more balanced than yours, but some of the papers are really poo poo, I mean we get things like this:

and

and basically made-up stories about immigrants eating swans.

But my point was more about the opinions of the readers/viewers. It seems that Fox viewers, while watching the biggest news channel that promotes their views, have a persecution complex about media bias against them. Whereas here the readers of the the Daily Mail don't have that complex. I just find it odd.

Also has anyone tried to point this out to anyone who claims the media is 'biased' against them?

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Xanin posted:

But my point was more about the opinions of the readers/viewers. It seems that Fox viewers, while watching the biggest news channel that promotes their views, have a persecution complex about media bias against them. Whereas here the readers of the the Daily Mail don't have that complex. I just find it odd.

The point about Fox News being the highest rated 24/7 news channel and the contradictory belief by many Conservatives that the "MEDIA!!!" is always against them isn't a new one. It's brought up quite a bit to Conservatives who claim "liberal bias", usually to no avail. They just say something to the effect of "Well, Fox News exists BECAUSE every other outlet is liberally biased, and the REAL Americans have nowhere to turn" and then they go on to claim that since Fox has the highest ratings, that our nation is much further to the right than all the other news outlets have you believe. Long story short, it works against you.

The shoddy and contradictory logic that media is liberally biased, yet Fox has the highest ratings (not to mention Conservatism dominates AM radio), is just the tip of a very large iceberg of shoddy and contradictory logic these people use.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Fox and other mainstream media in this country pretend to be the underdog because it increases their appeal (scrappily fighting the status quo!), which supports the fiction that they are somehow being persecuted by the Media Elite.

It is anger and outrage that fuel the cognitive dissonance in conservative/Tea Party/big business politics and what is increasingly their media machine. Were these to stop, even for a moment; were Fox ever to assume a :smug: attitude, it would quickly begin to lose the tension required to sustain their market base. Consequently, you see wilder & wilder claims about the Democrats and "liberals," stoked by "opinion" programing.

Those papers you are showing, there? That's the default level of discourse in mass media here.

Watch the film Idiocracy. It looks less & less exaggerated, and is less funny, every year.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 4, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

PainterofCrap posted:

Watch the film Idiocracy. It looks less & less exaggerated, and is less funny, every year.

You're not joking. It is scary.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
JIMMY CARTER HAS DONE IT AGAIN! READ THIS LETTER NO LIEBRAL NEWSPAPER WOULD PUBLISH!

Sometimes I'm a little stupid, maybe, a little slow in the head, so I'm wondering if you can help me get something straight. Maybe you can help me understand one loving thing right now, America, and explain to me what in the Christ is going on here. 'Cause, unless I'm missing something, this country is in the middle of a motherfucking shitstorm, and I have no loving idea what you're gonna do to get out of it. I mean, are you seriously considering voting for one of these shitbags you got here in '08? Fat loving chance.

Way I see it, America needs a president who's gonna somehow un-royally screw up the Middle East, do some serious cleaning up after you dropped your pants and took a steaming dump all over the loving environment, and—boom!—restore dignity, honor, and all that poo poo to these United States.

See, I got solutions to all your problems—I got 'em right here in my big, hairy ballsack.

You better get down on your hands and knees and kiss Jimmy Carter's rosy-red Georgia-peach-picking rear end and beg me to run your loving country again, because there's no way I'm ever gonna come to you gently caress-knobs and politely ask you if I might please be a presidential candidate in your precious fuckin' election. So you can just bite my cock. I've had it with you jerkoffs and your jerkoff candidates.

You actually seem to think one a' these assholes is gonna prance in and wave a magic wand and make everything all nice again. Look at you, sitting there like a common loving schnook and eating all their bull about bi-loving-partisanship, and how they have all the goddamn answers. Let me tell you something: These fags are dogshit compared to Jimmy loving Carter, all right? I was arbitrating Mideast crises when this bunch was still sucking on their mamas' titties.

But who comes to me, huh? loving nobody. Why ask old Jimmy anything? What the gently caress could he know about peace in the Middle East? It's not like he loving won the Nobel Peace Prize for that poo poo. You myopic pricks. Back in '79, I sat Sadat and Begin right down and made those two dicklicks shake hands. It was beautiful—I had all the pieces lined up and I smiled and waved in my best loving suit and tie right there on TV. And what do you do, you pieces of poo poo? You screw the whole goddamn pooch.

Cocksuckers.

Oh, what's that I hear? The weather's all screwy? You got a global warming problem? Boo-loving-hoo! I was telling you morons to turn off your lights and unplug all your poo poo at night to conserve energy in 19-fuckin'-75, for chrissake. Gee, I wonder what woulda happened if we'd all switched to solar power like I loving did back when we had a loving chance to do something about it. Think we'd still be sucking Saudi Arabia's dick like a five-dollar whore? I sure as gently caress didn't get no fancy Oscar for that little spiel, though, did I? No. But Al Gore, that cum-sucking pig, steals the poo poo from me and now he's the greatest thing since Jesus Christ made a loving sandwich.

Well, he can lick my rear end in a top hat right after George W. Bush, that gently caress.

You want compassion? Somebody who's looking out for the little guy? Why don't you take a look at Jimmy Carter, 'cause unlike, oh, every motherfucking candidate out there, he spent the last loving quarter-century building houses for the homeless. And what does he get for it? A loving hernia. Some loving gratitude, you selfish twats. You talk to me about compassion? I'll shove a crucifix so far up the Democrats' asses they'll be asking me to buy them dinner and kiss them good night.

Funny thing about me: I actually loving know poo poo! Not like these goombas trying to weasel their way into the White House. I practically wrote the book on collapsing bridges, inflation, and the working poor, gently caress-o. I even got a degree in nuclear engineering or some poo poo. You know how easy I could swoop down right now like a guardian angel and solve all your loving problems? Snap. Bam. Do it in my loving sleep. Just loving try me.

So you want me to run for president again? Yeah, sure, absolutely, I'll do it. I'd be honored to do it—with my loving dick in your mouth, you worthless scumbags.

You had your chance with Jimmy Carter, and you loving blew it. So get hosed. loving country.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jimmy Carter wouldn't be that angry :eng99:

The Flour Moth
May 22, 2001

WHAT HATH PONIES WROUGHT
It's not a forwarded political email, but it's from a forum I frequent for my daily dose of ragertainment. It's about how the republican "Pledge To America" SHOULD have looked. It's beautiful.

quote:

The pledge to America that we really need:

• Revise Congressional rules to prohibit legislation that pertains to more than one topic or issue. The text of the legislation may not exceed the number of words in the Constitution (including amendments.) All legislation, including an “Economic Impact Statement” must be released to the public for 72 hours before a Congressional vote.
• A law that creates an “Independent Prosecutor” to investigate allegations of investigations and prosecution of political dissenters. The law would provide mandatory jail time for the perpetrator. The “Wannabe Peer” would have to make restitution for any cost and damages incurred by the victim. Once the allegation of political prosecution was made, the investigation against the victim would be halted until the “special prosecutor” makes a decision on indicting the “Wannabe Peer.”
• Require an “Economic Impact Statement” on all rules, regulations and laws created by both Congress and the Bureaucracy, past and future. If we take Woodrow Wilson’s statement at face value, most of these restrictions were made to benefit “big business men” (special interest) at the expense of the general population. All regulations and rules that fulfill President Wilson’s prophesy should be rescinded. The “Economic Impact Statement” would be prepared by qualified economists and contain statements by those who have been or would be adversely affected by the action. The “Economic Impact Statement” would identify those who would profit from the legislation, those who would lose and the effect on the general economy.
• Congressional approval of the “Economic Impact Statement” and the issue would be required to maintain or implement the law or regulation. Both the “Economic Impact Statement” and the Congressional vote on the approval would be available to the public.
• Periodic review of all legislation will be required to ensure that the original “Economic Impact Statement” was accurate and the legislation is beneficial. Congressional approval of the revised “Economic Impact Statement” would be required or the law would be repealed.
• Condemnation of the “Global Warming Scam” (or whatever they are calling it now) and investigate the perpetrators of the scam for fraud.
• Convert the United State’s fossil fuel resources to reserves by creating a “Strategic Petroleum Production Authority” with the capacity to produce 75% of the world’s energy needs. Facilities to be limited to 5% of World Energy requirements except when the price of oil exceeds a “trigger price” determined by annual economic studies. Initial “trigger price” will probably be less than 20.00/barrel. For more details click on following link: http://commonsense21c.com/files/CE-1-5-09.pdf
• Initiate a Congressional investigation into the extent of foreign control of the United States news media and foreign contributions to candidates for office. This might require an “Independent Counsel.”
Eliminate the conditions that make it attractive for illegal aliens to enter the country. Allow 90 days for those here illegally to return home. After 90 days, illegal aliens would be put into work camps with their wages, less expenses, placed in escrow. They will be deported as soon as the escrow account equals the cost of deportation and the taxes owed on their illegal earnings.
• Revise immigration procedure to establish rigid quotas for immigration based upon the ability of the economy to absorb the new citizens. Establish requirements such that only desirable and productive individuals who can prove that they will have a means of livelihood will be approved. Those fluent in English and knowledgeable in United States History will be given the 1st priority. Those not fluent in English and history will be required to demonstrate an acceptable level of fluency in English and a knowledge of United States History within 2 years of entering the country. Those failing to demonstrate the English or history requirement must prove that an effort was made to comply and offer proof of a continuing effort to correct the deficiency. Date to show compliance will be established. All immigrants will swear to uphold and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States against any aggressors as long as they are residents of the United States. Those (and their immediate family) serving 3 years in the Military will be eligible for citizenship.
• Equally enforce all laws of the United States, without regard to race, creed or color.
• Protect the individual from the initiation of physical force, both foreign and domestic.
What did I miss?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

quote:

• Equally enforce all laws of the United States, without regard to race, creed or color.
That made me laugh the hardest, given the earlier, bolded part.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

The Flour Moth posted:

It's not a forwarded political email, but it's from a forum I frequent for my daily dose of ragertainment. It's about how the republican "Pledge To America" SHOULD have looked. It's beautiful.

Besides essentially forcing immigrants into slavery, I like "• Initiate a Congressional investigation into the extent of foreign control of the United States news media and foreign contributions to candidates for office. This might require an “Independent Counsel.”" the best. Do they not know who Rupert Murdoch is?

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Chunk posted:

Do they not know who Rupert Murdoch is?

Plus, one of the largest shareholders in Newscorp is a Saudi prince, who (according to Fox) is a religious zealot supplying funding for the "ground zero Mosque of DOOM!".

Fox News supports foreign terrorists!

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

Chunk posted:

Besides essentially forcing immigrants into slavery, I like "• Initiate a Congressional investigation into the extent of foreign control of the United States news media and foreign contributions to candidates for office. This might require an “Independent Counsel.”" the best. Do they not know who Rupert Murdoch is?

I know what you're going for here, but Murdoch is an American Citizen. Instead, you want to point out this guy: Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
The person writing the email is aware that what attracts immigrants is that we have the largest economy in the world combined with availability of lower-end labor that is still greater than what they have in their home country? And that to eliminate that we would either have to take a pretty major fall or contribute substantially more to foreign aid? I feel like someone's head might explode if you tell them that.

The Flour Moth
May 22, 2001

WHAT HATH PONIES WROUGHT

the yellow dart posted:

The person writing the email is aware that what attracts immigrants is that we have the largest economy in the world combined with availability of lower-end labor that is still greater than what they have in their home country? And that to eliminate that we would either have to take a pretty major fall or contribute substantially more to foreign aid? I feel like someone's head might explode if you tell them that.

In his eyes, those immigrants are taking the jobs of hard working Americans. There already is an unemployed American waiting for every immigrant to be deported, ready to take up that job.

Seriously, the guy who wrote that is too far gone to debate with any kind of logic.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

crime fighting hog posted:

JIMMY CARTER HAS DONE IT AGAIN! READ THIS LETTER NO LIEBRAL NEWSPAPER WOULD PUBLISH!\

Is this from the Onion?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

nm posted:

Is this from the Onion?

Yep. http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-got-what-america-needs-right-here,11356/

Then there was that one time a concerned Christian thought this was real: http://www.theonion.com/articles/harry-potter-books-spark-rise-in-satanism-among-ch,2413/

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

How long has that Carter thing been out? It's been too long since the Onion was mistaken for an actual news source.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
One of my facebook friends posted this link on his wall: http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/tiffany-hartleys-911-call-details-falcon-lake-shooting-of-david-michael-hartley/19658735

along with the following comment(which I've edited so no internet detectives can play with openbook):

If anything crosses that border we should shoot it. They've lost the benefit of doubt. Our border should be protected the same way Mexico does.

Afterwards the following exchange was posted between two people I haven't met (emoticons were chosen to reflect facebook photos)

:2bong: you do understand that the crime of border crossing is
not actually a capital offense. Yes, they should be arrested and yes
they should be deported, but Jesus loving christ they should not be
murdered. I'm sorry but that's just loving insane.

:banjo: Sure is crazy to protect our own borders.

:2bong: no. it makes perfect sense to protect our borders. It's
crazy to kill people for a crime that isn't punishable by death. If
you disagree, then you are crazy. And I mean all intended offense you
may take from that.

:banjo: Tell that to the wife of the guy who was shot in the
head by scum bag drug dealers. Just as long as we don't hurt anyones
feelings.

:2bong:
You do realize that is an exceptional case. There's actually a whole
lot of information on what's known as the "Exception Fallacy". Using
the acts of a relative minority of illegal aliens to justify the
murder of all illegal aliens is not...... just cruel and inhumane, but
it's also logically stupid. Again, every offense intended.

What really bothers me is that you probably consider yourself to be a
patriot by making these statements. I'm sorry, but you couldn't be
more wrong. It's not patriotism when you are advocating murdering
mostly innocent people. Their only crime is that they are crossing our
border illegally. And I am totally in favor of stopping them and
deporting them back to where they came from. But murder? If you really
think that's ok. I mean really think it's ok. Then you are one hosed
up individual and you need lots and lots of therapy.

:banjo: I never advocated murder in any of my statements and
by 'exceptional fallacy' do you mean once a year, twice a year three
times perhaps. No I do NOT think its o.k. to kill innocent people
ever. And I also have a hard time with people who attack somebodies
intellegence when they disagree with there view

The entire context of this debate stems from the original statement,
which is that we should kill people coming across the border. And when
I see someone who has a crazy or stupid point of view, I have no
qualms in pointing this out to them.

And it's not the exceptional fallacy. It's the exception fallacy.
There's a big difference between those two statements.

As for numbers, you have to think in percentages. With over 11 million
illegal immigrants, it would take over 110,000 different violent
illegal immigrants to mean that just 1% of them are violent killers. I
can guarantee you that you can't even find 11,000 who are violent
killers or drug dealers. And that would be one tenth of one percent.
That is the exception fallacy in a nutshell. The percentage of illagal
immigrants who are violent is so small that it is litterally loving
nuts to think we should shoot at just anyone coming across the border.
No. Detain them. Deport them. End of story.

:banjo: 11 Million illegal immigrants! The fact that we can
sit here and talk about 11 illegal people in our country and not be
worried or offended bothers me. We can sit here and talk about
statistics all day long :2bong: but what if just 1% of those 11 million
illegal immigrants, I think the numbers are closer to 20 million
though, are Al Queda or some other fundamentalist. I'm being a realist
here. It would be nice if we didn't have to worry about these sort of
things but we do.

I'm sorry, but you are not very bright. the VAST majority of illegal
immigrants are perfectly ordinary people who are just trying to live
their lives. Yes, they committed a crime. And yes, they should be
punished for it. But to suggest ...that we should be so incredibly
bothered by illegal immigrants as to give ourselves license to treat
them with violence is mind-bogglingly dumb. Most illegal immigrants
are harmless as far as crime goes. If you want to talk about the
economic impacts of illegal immigration, then I'm willing to have that
debate. But we're talking about crime. And yes, I'll talk statistics.
Because statistics isn't the paranoia that's wafting off of you like
bad B.O. STATISTICS is reality, not the fear-mongering you're spewing.
I'm sorry, but you're so incredibly wrong on this it would be funny if
it weren't so sad.See More

:bravo2: why not shoot them on site? If we go to most of
their countries we (americans) are murdered, raped, etc. and yea
they're here living their lives while countless americans lose theirs
cause they cant get the jobs them low-wage taken fuckers take all
awhile driving our culture and economy to hell! this is no longer the
United States of America !!! its The United States of Mexico by way of
Afica, in Japan we trust you commie loving rear end!!!!

===

Now with :2bong: having shown that (presumably in a moment of weakness) the OP was essentially advocating for murder, I have this feeling like I ought to let him know that she should get this crap off his facebook wall before google takes notice and disqualifies him from jobs. Thoughts?

P.s. While I was writing this, the OP has posted statistics on illegal immigrants. Lots and lots of statistics. I think he may have lost it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Skeesix posted:

:bravo2: why not shoot them on site? If we go to most of
their countries we (americans) are murdered, raped, etc. and yea
they're here living their lives while countless americans lose theirs
cause they cant get the jobs them low-wage taken fuckers take all
awhile driving our culture and economy to hell! this is no longer the
United States of America !!! its The United States of Mexico by way of
Afica, in Japan we trust you commie loving rear end!!!!

Two wrongs don't make a right, news at eleven

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
I'm fairly certain that whoever started this group did so in jest but the members within are taking it fairly seriously. I was invited by my resident Islamophobic friend.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Campbell-Soup/131754940208808?ref=mf

quote:

From the Campbells website:

In the coming months, all our Halal-certified products will have the ISNA logo directly on their labels, so you can easily identify them at your grocery store

Good in the Muslim Brotherhood. Warhol is spinning in his grave.

Campbell's Soup goes halal with approval from Hamas-linked ISNA.
ISNA has admitted ties to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood. So why is Campbell's Soup rushing to do its bidding? "M-M-Muslim Brotherhood Good?," from Scaramouche, October 5 (thanks to Kathy Shaidle):

Campbell's Soup Canada is about to go halal.
No biggie, right? Wrong. It is doing so under the auspices of the Islamic Society of North America, a Wahhabi-funded racket that is said to have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood....

I remarked to the person who invited me that I am not sure what Halal meat even is, but I once walked by a Halal BBQ organized by an Iranian student organization and enjoyed the smell of the burgers very much. For this I was called a "Dhimmi" (not sure what that means) and referred to this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U3hAeD6jq0

I won't be watching the video because it appears to be graphic and I have no interest in it.

Edit: Holy poo poo, she actually blocked me over this. This is a close family friend who has known me since I was born and she's seriously refusing to speak to me now over a hamburger comment. Is this seriously what right-wind paranoia does to people?

Huge Liability fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 6, 2010

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Huge Liability posted:

I'm fairly certain that whoever started this group did so in jest but the members within are taking it fairly seriously. I was invited by my resident Islamophobic friend.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Campbell-Soup/131754940208808?ref=mf

I remarked to the person who invited me that I am not sure what Halal meat even is, but I once walked by a Halal BBQ organized by an Iranian student organization and enjoyed the smell of the burgers very much. For this I was called a "Dhimmi" (not sure what that means) and referred to this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U3hAeD6jq0

I won't be watching the video because it appears to be graphic and I have no interest in it.

921 people on Facebook won't have Campbell's soup now? Awwwwwwww. I am sure that will make a huge dent in the massive profits that Campbells will make now that the entire Muslim population can buy their product.

Halal, for all intents and purposes, is not more or less humane than the way we slaughter our meat now.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

quote:

quote:
From the Campbells website:

In the coming months, all our Halal-certified products will have the ISNA logo directly on their labels, so you can easily identify them at your grocery store

Good in the Muslim Brotherhood. Warhol is spinning in his grave.

Campbell's Soup goes halal with approval from Hamas-linked ISNA.
ISNA has admitted ties to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood. So why is Campbell's Soup rushing to do its bidding? "M-M-Muslim Brotherhood Good?," from Scaramouche, October 5 (thanks to Kathy Shaidle):

Campbell's Soup Canada is about to go halal.
No biggie, right? Wrong. It is doing so under the auspices of the Islamic Society of North America, a Wahhabi-funded racket that is said to have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood....

You know who else has ties to terrorists like Al Qaeda? The USA, maybe we should boycott them?

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

TheSpookyDanger posted:

You know who else has ties to terrorists like Al Qaeda? The USA, maybe we should boycott them?

You know, the sad thing is that Photoshop is becoming so effective that soon you won't even be able to present photographic evidence to these morons.

Don Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam? Someone photoshopped it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is there a single Islamic Group/Organization/Book Club that isn't accused of having ties to Hamas?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is there a single Islamic Group/Organization/Book Club that isn't accused of having ties to Hamas?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know the answer to that.

MrPhaethon
Aug 22, 2005

wyrd oft nereð unfægne eorl þonne his ellen deah
When they get halal meat, don't they have to bleed the animal to death instead of using a (relatively) painless boltgun? The whole Hamas thing is obviously asinine, but I am going to have to look into this whole thing - I would seriously consider avoiding Campbell's if they have begun using only inhumanely slaughtered meat.

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009

MrPhaethon posted:

When they get halal meat, don't they have to bleed the animal to death instead of using a (relatively) painless boltgun? The whole Hamas thing is obviously asinine, but I am going to have to look into this whole thing - I would seriously consider avoiding Campbell's if they have begun using only inhumanely slaughtered meat.

No, it looks like they're still stunned - here's an article from the RSPCA on it.
http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-is-halal-slaughter_116.html
Apparently there are different 'levels', so to speak, of halal slaughter - some of them aren't even stunned. But the stunning still takes place after the initial throat cut.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The discussion group for this Facebook application is full of Republican bigots:

http://apps.facebook.com/obamacountdown/index.php

Look at the gems I found:

In regard to Obama apologizing to Guatemala:

Hatred for "Welfare Queens":

And my personal favorite, from a thread titled, "Republicans block bill to lift military gay ban":

---
I really wish people like this didn't have a soapbox to stand on. Yay Internet.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 7, 2010

Hardcore Phonography
Apr 28, 2004

I have my eye on a suite in Baker Street.

Corbet posted:

The discussion group for this Facebook application is full of Republican bigots:

http://apps.facebook.com/obamacountdown/index.php

Look at the gems I found:

Hatred for "Welfare Queens":

And my personal favorite, from a thread titled, "Republicans block bill to lift military gay ban":

---
I really wish people like this didn't have a soapbox to stand on. Yay Internet.

oh allah death to the internet, please allah the burning of my eyes....

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
It is a well-known fact that coming out of the closet makes you 100% weaker. Simple math, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Corbet posted:

Apologising for infecting people with syphilis is like apologising for being anti-Nazi.

Jesus.