Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cernunnos posted:

If you're gonna make the black ranger a white guy to avoid another outcry of racism you should also make the red ranger a black guy.
"We can't make the black ranger black, that's racist."
"Who's gonna be black instead, then?"
"...I don't understand the question."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Make them all black. Straight Outta Angel Grove

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The obvious solution is to put him in blackface :downs:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Can I just say that Dino Charge continues to be awesome?

Seriously, this is quickly becoming a contender for my favourite series in the franchise - certainly one of its strongest starts. Ivan's been a great addition to the team, the characterisation overall remains strong, and they actually did some original effects work for the Megazord.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Astro Nut posted:

Can I just say that Dino Charge continues to be awesome?

Seriously, this is quickly becoming a contender for my favourite series in the franchise - certainly one of its strongest starts. Ivan's been a great addition to the team, the characterisation overall remains strong, and they actually did some original effects work for the Megazord.

poo poo, that started airing again? Well, I have stuff I need to catch up on now.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
This most recent episode was really good. Definitely worth being the 800th episode in the franchise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Quite possibly the best "New Ranger and other Ranger don't get along" from this franchise. A+++ pettiness and then how they got along was pretty great, the fights were also top-notch. Excellent 800th episode.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Quite possibly the best "New Ranger and other Ranger don't get along" from this franchise. A+++ pettiness and then how they got along was pretty great, the fights were also top-notch. Excellent 800th episode.

This episode was the first time that I've liked Tyler the entire series. Not that his character was bad, he just came off as another bland red. It's also nice to see two rangers squabble without being under the influence of some outside force.

It's a shame Gokaiger didn't get an adaption half as good as Dino Charge.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I agree wholeheartedly, Tyler's not bad but he doesn't have much going for him, seeing him this petty was the best.

Remember that Ranger Voting thing from last year? Vote for zords
http://www.megazordmadness.com/#!/start-voting

It's only 80 zords included, so a bunch of your favorites are missing maybe. I feel like by round 3 we'll be seeing only independent zords since they're way cooler than zords that are just pieces of a megazord and get three action scenes for themselves in the series (two at the start and then in one random episode)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I agree wholeheartedly, Tyler's not bad but he doesn't have much going for him, seeing him this petty was the best.

Remember that Ranger Voting thing from last year? Vote for zords
http://www.megazordmadness.com/#!/start-voting

It's only 80 zords included, so a bunch of your favorites are missing maybe. I feel like by round 3 we'll be seeing only independent zords since they're way cooler than zords that are just pieces of a megazord and get three action scenes for themselves in the series (two at the start and then in one random episode)

The White Tigerzord is getting spanked by the In Space Megazord, what the hell?

Though I do love that even the shittiest zords are beating Super Megaforce without even trying.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Though I do love that even the shittiest zords are beating Super Megaforce without even trying.

The weirdest one to me is the Dragonzord getting its rear end kicked by the loving Wild Force Green Ape. What the hell

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Burkion posted:

The weirdest one to me is the Dragonzord getting its rear end kicked by the loving Wild Force Green Ape. What the hell

Some folks on reddit apparently have a massive hate boner against JDF and think that people are intentionally voting for whatever happens to be up against a zord Tommy piloted.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, In Space is the best PR series, what do you expect? :smuggo:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean I admit I voted for the Astro Megazord against Tigerzord, but that's because the Astro Megazord is one of the best things in Power Rangers.

Dragonzord though seriously guys, it's awesome. Don't let your maybe maybe not justified hate for an actor get in the way of the objectively cooler Zord

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Yeah, Space Megazord should win this, but that green ape beating the dragonzord is bonkers.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

So, actress Naomi Scott has been announced as 'the Pink Ranger' for the movie.

Makes me wonder if there's still some internal debate on whether they should really be the classic MMPR characters, or new ones. Or if maybe the ranger title was simply better for marketing purposes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

You know what the worst thing about having Netlix and not knowing what to watch due to the Australian Netflix having a limited selection? I've watched nearly all of Megaforce despite it being so incredibly bad. Due to it being an entire Sentai season compressed down to half a season, everything just seems so rushed and Gosei just hands out powerups like candy.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 8, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

So this is a thing and I am going to get one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If it's not an actual watch that makes the sound as its alarm, I will be very upset.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Where's the green and white ones? :colbert:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Where's the green and white ones? :colbert:

I'd be willing to bet the MSRP of this thing that green and white will be a separate pack like the morpher.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Testekill posted:

You know what the worst thing about having Netlix and not knowing what to watch due the Australia having a limited selection? I've watched nearly all of Megaforce despite it being so incredibly bad. Due to it being an entire Sentai season compressed down to half a season, everything just seems so rushed and Gosei just hands out powerups like candy.

Worst of all, power ups that they only use once.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jesus, the penultimate episode of Megaforce is such a cluster gently caress. It pretty much goes introduction to new villain, fight scene, dialogue at the villain's HQ, fight scene, dialogue at the villain's HQ, Vrax shows up to taunt the rangers, dialogue at the villain's HQ and then done. The rangers are such a non-entity in it and it's really oddly edited. I wasn't being sarcastic with how I did the write up, there's only a short scene at the villain's base to break up each scene.

EDIT: I mean the rangers suck in this series but you'd think in the second last episode that they'd have more of a presence instead of just being there to fight the villains.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

jivjov posted:

I'd be willing to bet the MSRP of this thing that green and white will be a separate pack like the morpher.

I'm willing to bet holding down a button will make it play the MMPR theme like EVERY drat ROLE-PLAY TOY IN THIS LINE

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I like the role-play toys that they half-rear end. I had a Shadow Ranger morpher for SPD that had all the decals replaced to have Power Rangers branding on them, and it was missing one of the little internal face panels that they didn't feel like localizing, but all the noises that it played were the original Japanese Dekaranger sound effects, including the kind of jazzy engrish "JUDGEMENT TIME".

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Astro Nut posted:

So, actress Naomi Scott has been announced as 'the Pink Ranger' for the movie.

Makes me wonder if there's still some internal debate on whether they should really be the classic MMPR characters, or new ones. Or if maybe the ranger title was simply better for marketing purposes.

My gut reaction was "Well, the Pink Ranger needs to be the Cute One, and she's cute, so cool."

They tout her as being in The Martian, but damned if I know who she is in that movie. Doesn't look familiar.

edit: vvv Yeah, that's the thing, I looked that up and went "Who the hell is Ryoko?"

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 8, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

My gut reaction was "Well, the Pink Ranger needs to be the Cute One, and she's cute, so cool."

They tout her as being in The Martian, but damned if I know who she is in that movie. Doesn't look familiar.

Haven't seen the film myself, but apparently she is 'Ryoko', whoever that is.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mateo360 posted:

I'm willing to bet holding down a button will make it play the MMPR theme like EVERY drat ROLE-PLAY TOY IN THIS LINE

I loving CALLED IT

https://twitter.com/Odot92/status/652176056833679360

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So in a few days I may have an exciting enough update for my toku comic project Lightning Brigade. So, you know. Cross your fingers and hope that goes well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
http://collider.com/power-rangers-movie-villains-timeline-opening-scene-details/
Anyone know how legit Collider is? Got to this article through ComicBookResources which is fairly trustworthy and apparently Rita and Zedd aren't actually the villains, instead Scorpina thanks to being forgotten by the show survived the Z-Wave and is evil, and also it takes place After dino charge and maybe involves them.

Not sure how I feel about that, but if it means that the stuff we saw of the script before doesn't actually show what the movie's like then i'm all for it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't we do this already with Scorpion Reign?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Burkion posted:

Didn't we do this already with Scorpion Reign?

https://www.grnrngr.com/documents/scorpionrain/

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yes I know.

That's the reference.

I'm saying this sounds just as fake.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ah, okay. Yeah, I'm also extremely suspcious on it, that's why I asked if the site's legit, but well, fake and fanfiction-y as it sounds it's better than what we had seen about 'rebooting' it and giving us a bunch of edgy cliche versions of the original cast.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

So, we have a Red Ranger now as well:

Given this is almost certainly the largest role in the movie, it seems interesting that they've given it to someone who is basically an unknown. Then again, it might be they're deliberately aiming for relatively unheard of actors, so that people simply think of them as their characters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're also probably cheaper

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Astro Nut posted:

So, we have a Red Ranger now as well:

Given this is almost certainly the largest role in the movie, it seems interesting that they've given it to someone who is basically an unknown. Then again, it might be they're deliberately aiming for relatively unheard of actors, so that people simply think of them as their characters.

That's not exactly what I think of when I think 'jock' or martial artist or whatever.

We'll see what they do with the rest of the cast.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Burkion posted:

That's not exactly what I think of when I think 'jock' or martial artist or whatever.

We'll see what they do with the rest of the cast.

Hey, if Andy Dwyer can turn into Star Lord, I wouldn't count anyone out to make necessary film transformations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Astro Nut posted:

Hey, if Andy Dwyer can turn into Star Lord, I wouldn't count anyone out to make necessary film transformations.

I've learned to never take pre-release promo pics at face value. Not Power Rangers, but Doctor Who had a big example of this:

vs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Doesnt' change the fact that he looks more like a Billy than a Jason. Assuming they're going that route.