Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

The UFO song in Starcrash is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"He understands that *incomprehensible mumbling* man shouldn't kill off the animal *mumbling* do you believe in this?"

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tom is clearly the weakest. He seems to get the worst lines and the voice is pretty bad, over rehearsed. This is my hot take after 4 episodes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

In CW it's masking a cut I guess, so the clock gag probably needed some kind of edit.

:lol: That is so loving hokey. I love this drat puppet show.

"Hello, I'm not a sexual predator, but a product of my time period."

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

It's just now that I noticed. WHat the gently caress does Big Foot have to do with this plot?

Cry Wilderness

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

Cry Wilderness is loving bonkers.
BANG!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Roll Credits.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The funniest thing was it was a US movie the dubbing made me think it was from Spain or somewhere in Europe. The dad looked like a Bud Spencer knockoff.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I also just picked up Kinga's Skull minions are playing old MST songs.

This is awesome.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Harlock posted:

Tom is clearly the weakest. He seems to get the worst lines and the voice is pretty bad, over rehearsed. This is my hot take after 4 episodes.

I think Tom has a lot of range and is affably pompous as ever. :shobon:

"Rehearsed-sounding" is probably my biggest complaint over-all, though. I bet the first season was like that too, though.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I do enjoy how Kinga has a different motivation for the experiments than Dr. Forrester or Pearl. Dr. Forrester seemed to be doing it for mad science reasons, Pearl was just sadistic but Kinga seems to think there is a way to monetize it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Cry Wilderness is clearly someone's pet project (I suspect Philip Yordan but I can't be sure.) Clearly it made total and complete sense in their head and was going to be the next E.T.

I cannot wait for Carnival Magic y'all.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Gotta get the Disney dollars.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Harlock posted:

I don't think it's even that he's bad. It's just he's kind of overwhelmed by everyone else.

Also, I strongly suspect that the overdoing of the riffing at points comes from having a murderer's row of writers and the learning curve of cutting jokes from the show. They have too much great material so they say it all very fast and pile them on top of each other, which of course makes it not so great. Season 12 (there better be a season twelve) will probably be a good step up as they have a feel for how to pace the riffing.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

OH GOD! CRY WILDERNESS ENDING THEME! HOLY poo poo!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: Peterson reaction to seeing Reptilicus moving was avatar for the longest time on a old forum I used to go on, now I know its origin

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

OK, Cry wilderness is is a instant classic.

Agreed. It's Manos levels of nonsensical, badly-dubbed weirdness.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As I said earlier the problem with Tom is that Crow actually sounds like a CC era Trace a bit, Tom doesn't sound like either Josh or Kevin. It makes Tom stand out a lot more then if Crow didn't sound like Trace or Bill.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Only watched two episodes, but for everyone who's watched the whole season, what's the second best episode? Because nothing can beat Cry Wilderness.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm only halfway through the second episode, but if there is one thing that they have absolutely nailed it was the movie choice. They've both been bizarre spectacles that make you say "What were they thinking?"

CommaToes posted:

I do enjoy how Kinga has a different motivation for the experiments than Dr. Forrester or Pearl. Dr. Forrester seemed to be doing it for mad science reasons, Pearl was just sadistic but Kinga seems to think there is a way to monetize it.

It's a nice little within-the-show way to frame the whole thing like Jonah and the bots are talking to us directly, and it's totally in line with the Forrester brand of extremely wacky, terrible ideas.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BJPaskoff posted:

Only watched two episodes, but for everyone who's watched the whole season, what's the second best episode? Because nothing can beat Cry Wilderness.

Avalanche and Yonggary are pretty drat good. Avalanche has some hilariously over the top deaths only loosly tied to the Avalanche itself.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I usually have liked Felicia Day a lot in whatever she's been in (I really liked the first 4 or so seasons of The Guild eg) and she's fine so far but if I had to pin why she feels "off" I think it's because she's doing too much acting. I guess what I'm saying is she should really just relax!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

What are the crates Gypsy keeps lowering into the theatre? Is that ever explained?

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Avalanche and Yonggary are pretty drat good. Avalanche has some hilariously over the top deaths only loosly tied to the Avalanche itself.

Overall I didn't care for Avalanche but it had its moments: "There was a cheerleader in the kitchen?!"

BigRed0427 posted:

What are the crates Gypsy keeps lowering into the theatre? Is that ever explained?

Apparently they don't, sounds like Joel just wanted her to have a way to be in the theater.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
That's Zap Rowsdower to you.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigRed0427 posted:

She's picking up the old tanks, and loading the new tanks of liquid "Crap Movie"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
HOLY poo poo AMBUSH JERRY SEINFELD!!

Jesus, they are killing it with the cameos!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
SPACE KICK

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else jumping around based on what titles interest them vs in order?

Also I wish the host segments on the SOL weren't all static camera shots. Zooms now and then on some of the things would be useful.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 15, 2017

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Ok I'm really enjoying Starcrash, they did a good job on this one.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Okay, I think Cry Wilderness, Beast of the Hollow Mountain, and Starcrash are so far the legit good eps. I've gotten a lot of giggles out of Starcrash in particular, it's so goofy.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Despite owning the season since Tuesday, I still haven't gotten more than halfway through episode 3. I haven't had time until today, and then a friend of mine wanted to simulwatch from episode 1.

Darn, I have to watch Reptilicus and Cry Wilderness again.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Anyone else jumping around based on what titles interest them vs in order?

Also I wish the host segments on the SOL weren't all static camera shots. Zooms now and then on some of the things would be useful.

I do miss the Hexfield.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's weird to hear Gypsy voiced by a woman.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

precision posted:

I usually have liked Felicia Day a lot in whatever she's been in (I really liked the first 4 or so seasons of The Guild eg) and she's fine so far but if I had to pin why she feels "off" I think it's because she's doing too much acting. I guess what I'm saying is she should really just relax!

Having the tone of a public access kids show is part of the house style. Everyone is a little "off" which is something I was certain would be lost now that they are casting real actors. I was presently surprised that everyone's delivery is oddly stilted. Most surprised because I didn't even know that was something I wanted until it came back.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

The cameo in Starcrash: holy poo poo.

Ahaha and the spaceship name bit.

"Christopher Plummer's Little Helper! Mother's Little Helper! And My Brother From Another Mother!"

Bruteman fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 15, 2017

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh, wow, it didn't register until the film started playing, but The Time Travelers is a movie I've actually voluntarily watched on its own at some point, probably the SciFi channel at 3am or something a decade or two ago.

Also, this is a really random question, but does anyone feel like the opening theme song is shot like a on-stage musical number? I can't put my finger on why, but the way it's shot makes me feel like you could exactly reproduce it on a stage for, say, a live show or something, and it would look the same.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

MST3K is really bad at cameos from previous actors, I'm learning. It was nice to see that Bill, Kevin and Pearl came back, though. I've seen a lot of people complain about the Bobo makeup, but it looks like it was just slightly adjusted so that he could actually move in it.

Glad that Rebecca Hanson has a Mads character, though.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

precision posted:

I guess, but as of episode 3 she's gotten some strong moments. I don't know if "The only preferences of yours I care about are the ones I sell to Google. For data mining." is a strong line on its own, but Day's delivery of it loving destroyed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Bobulus posted:

Also, this is a really random question, but does anyone feel like the opening theme song is shot like a on-stage musical number? I can't put my finger on why, but the way it's shot makes me feel like you could exactly reproduce it on a stage for, say, a live show or something, and it would look the same.

No, I get the same feeling too. A lot of this season in general has that "stage show" feel, and I actually really like it as such.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 15, 2017