Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Benne posted:

Charmander is terrible, what are you people on about? He already lost the No. 2 spot to Hunt long before Ware died.

West put up 850 yards (634 running) and 5 TDs on 160 carries (4.0 YPC) in 2015, despite barely playing half the season due to Jamaal Charles and then at the end of the season when he got hurt and ceded the role to Ware. He's not "terrible". Hunt is the starter, but he's a rookie, and he's not a marquee talent or a high draft pick either. If he fumbles a couple times or gets his QB blown up, he could easily get benched.

Hunt is a high ceiling guy, but has a very low floor. Football is riddled with "surefire" rookie RBs that bust (Montee Ball, Devontae Booker, etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

Traded my 8th pick to the 12th last second. 14 person league, 1 PPR

1. Melvin Gordon
2. Todd Gurley
3. DeAndre Hopkins
4. Drew Brees
5. Doug Martin
6. Jordan Matthews
7. Derrick Henry
8. Eric Ebron
9. Corey Davis
10. Randall Cobb
11. Patriots Defense
12. Josh Doctson
13. Matt Breida
14. Evan Engram
15. Adam Vinitaeri

Fingers crossed on Gordon and Gurley!!

Those WRs are really bad, and its 1 PPR so that's really not ideal

Cigar Aficionado posted:

West put up 850 yards (634 running) and 5 TDs on 160 carries (4.0 YPC) in 2015, despite barely playing half the season due to Jamaal Charles and then at the end of the season when he got hurt and ceded the role to Ware. He's not "terrible". Hunt is the starter, but he's a rookie, and he's not a marquee talent or a high draft pick either. If he fumbles a couple times or gets his QB blown up, he could easily get benched.

Hunt is a high ceiling guy, but has a very low floor. Football is riddled with "surefire" rookie RBs that bust (Montee Ball, Devontae Booker, etc).

And yeah, this is my take on Charmander. As it is, he'll be the 3rd down/CoP guy, and he's next in line if Hunt falters or gets injured. High end handcuff at the moment.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RVProfootballer posted:

Those WRs are really bad, and its 1 PPR so that's really not ideal

Yeah they're gross I'm already sending out trade offers for Dougie Fresh to everyone who'll listen

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

RVProfootballer posted:

And yeah, this is my take on Charmander. As it is, he'll be the 3rd down/CoP guy, and he's next in line if Hunt falters or gets injured. High end handcuff at the moment.

"High end handcuff" is pretty much what I had in mind when I was asking if he was worth grabbing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Middling handcuff with limited upside imo.

Hes a jag

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs took a look at Jonathan Williams.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

i say wright

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Hyde. Hunt, Cook, and to an extent even Fournette have been so overhyped this year, but I suppose that is the way of fantasy. I remember when Montee Ball was rated 6th overall in standard and "a locked in RB1" who was going to score 20 TDs.

Kareem Hunt to me looks like a JAG on film, and Charcandrick West could absolutely take Hunt's job if Hunt falters at all (plus Spiller is back). People forget that West did a good job taking over for Jamaal Charles before West got hurt himself and Spencer Ware took over. Dalvin Cook is a better football player than Hunt, but he's on the Vikings, who have a terrible O-Line and will be a bad team this year, and he isn't a great pass protector, and has Latavius Murray behind him. Leonard Fournette should be good if his foot is ok, but he seems like a guy they will take out of the game as a precaution if the Jags are totally out of the game, which is probably going to happen a lot. Ivory and Yeldon are more than capable of playing garbage time minutes.

I wouldn't want any of them as my RB1, and even as an RB2, you're looking at guys like Isaiah Crowell, Carlos Hyde, Lamar Miller; proven starters with a track record of at least RB2 production. Cook or the other rookies haven't proven anything yet.

Yeah, this is logical and good insight, peppered with oddly bad takes.

- West looked really bad this preseason.
- Spiller hasn't detracted from an RB1 in like 6 years
- Citing bad predictions from 3 years ago(Ball) is a good way to make your otherwise-sound analysis seem cherry picked

Other than that, this is spot on.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

So this is probably a noob question, but in my league settings it says "receptions: 0.5" under the offence tab. That's PPR right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Ok just finished up my final draft for the season, also happens to be my big money one.

12 team
.5 PPR 6 PPTD
Picked 3rd

QB - Mariota
WR - Antonio Brown
WR - Kelvin Benjamin
WR - Stefon Diggs
RB - Ezekiel Elliot
RB - Leonard Fournette
TE - Jimmy Graham
FLEX - Randall Cobb
K - Younghoe Koo (lmao kickers but i just had to)
D - Cardinals
BN - Fat Rob
BN - Adam Thielan
BN - Darren Sproles
BN - Chris Thompson
BN - Stafford

I was gonna go WR/WR at first but Zeke was there at 22 and i just had to.
Pickings were hella slim by the end but i feel p fine about it. Stafford was an autodraft but whatevs. Thoughts? RB depth is scary

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 4, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Chernabog posted:

So this is probably a noob question, but in my league settings it says "receptions: 0.5" under the offence tab. That's PPR right?

Yep. Every catch provides that player with half a point.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Thanks. I thought my league was 0PPR but I guess not this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm mostly checking in on IDP with someone else who knows about it. But my waiver wire is so crazy. Do I make any moves?

10 Man League. 0.5 PPR. #5 Draft Spot.

Here are my defensive settings:

quote:

Tackle Solo: 0.75 points
Tackle Assist: 0.5 points
Sack: 4 points
Interceptions: 5 points
Fumble Force: 2 points
Fumble Recovery: 1.5 points
Defensive Touchdown: 6 points
Safety: 5 points
Pass Defended: 1 point
Block Kick: 5 points
Tackles for Loss: 3 points
It seems the sacks and TFL tend to stack, so a sack is usually more like 7 points. It's a fun scoring system.
Here's my team:

quote:

QB: Jameis Winston (R8)
RB: LeSean McCoy (R1)
RB: Todd Gurley (R5)
WR: AJ Green (R2)
WR: Demariyus Thomas (R3)
WR: Keenan Allen (R4)
TE: Tyler Eifert (R10)
K: Caleb Sturgis (R21)
DB: Landon Collins (R6)
LB: Kwon Alexander (R7)
LB: Preston Brown (R20)
DL: Melvin Ingram (R11)

Bench:
Stefon Diggs (R9)
Mike Gillisle (R12)
Joe Mixon (R13)
Danny Woodhead (R14)
Pierre Garcon (R15)
Eric Decker (R16)
Kenny Britt (R17)
Terrance West (R18)
Chris Hogan (R19)

It was a weird draft. Even though it's 4 point TDs, Brady & Rodgers went in the first round which meant AJ Green SOMEHOW slipped to me in the 2nd thanks to the dude in front of me being a Saints fan and picking Michael Thomas.
Here's what's on the waiver wire for IDP from what SEEMS to be the best left:

quote:

DB:
Morgan Burnett
Karl Joseph
TJ Ward
Kurt Coleman
Kenny Vaccaro
Malcolm Jenkins

DL:
Calaris Campbell
Cameron Jordan
Muhammad Wilkerson
Ezekial Ansah
DeForest Buckner
Leonard Williams
Suh
Cameron Wake
Jerry Hughes (LB/DL designation)

LB:
Jerrell Freeman
Jarrad Davis
Reuben Foster
Derrick Johnson
Paul Posluznky
Myles Jack
Vince Williams
Robert Quinn
Thomas Davis
Lorenzo Alexander
Markus Golden
Nigel Braham
Nick Perry

Do I need to make any moves for my defense?

And while we are at it, highlights of the rest of the waiver wire...lots of good pickups, I just don't think I can drop anyone!

quote:

RB:
James White
Eddie Lacy
Rex Burkhead
CJ Prosise
Jacquizz Rodgers
Jeremy Hill
Jamaal Williams
Gio Bernard
Chris Thompson
Alvin Kamara
D'Onta Foreman
Chris Carson
Wendell Smallwood
James Connor

WR:
Kevin White
Cooper Kupp
Josh Doctson
Kenny Gollady
John Ross
Marquis Lee
Mohammed Sanu
Taylor Gabriel

TE:
Antonio Gates
Austin Hooper
Cameron Brate

Do I make any moves?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

So someone in this league drafted Brady and Brees for some reason (1 QB league). I'm trying to get 1 of them plus Jimmy Graham from him.

Is an offer of CJ Anderson/Mariota/Ertz fair for Graham/Brees?

Not really but it could just a conversation starter to something more equitable.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I was offered this trade in a 1 PPR league that is 3WR/2RB/2Flex:

Give Michael Thomas
Give Dez Bryant
Receive Antonio Brown
Receive Kenny Britt

And I'm not sure what to do. I'm leaning no, but y'all gave me forceful advice on my last trade proposal so I would love to hear it now.

EDIT: 12 teams if that matters.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I did my first FFL draft in about 2-3 years, how's this look? I basically just followed Beersheets. It's just your basic old ESPN league, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/Flex/DST/K, 10 man PPR. I had tenth pick.

QB: Russell Wilson (8)
RB: Melvin Gordon (2), Christian McCaffrey (4), Dalvin Cook (5), Doug Martin (9), LeGarrette Blount (11), Derrick Henry (13), Alvin Kamara (14)
WR: AJ Green (1), DeAndre Hopkins (3), Allen Robinson (6), Donte Moncrief (10), Corey Davis (12)
TE: Jimmy Graham (7)
DST: Panthers (15)
K: Mason Crosby (16)

My initial thoughts are that I took a QB too high and I wish my WRs were deeper, but I like my RBs.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ninja Bob posted:

I was offered this trade in a 1 PPR league that is 3WR/2RB/2Flex:

Give Michael Thomas
Give Dez Bryant
Receive Antonio Brown
Receive Kenny Britt

And I'm not sure what to do. I'm leaning no, but y'all gave me forceful advice on my last trade proposal so I would love to hear it now.

EDIT: 12 teams if that matters.

Not a chance. Britt made me lol. Throw in a Golden Tate or Hopkins in for Britt and then we are talking something more equitable.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I was not expecting to go all-in on Keenan Allen this year but welp, he wound up as my WR2 in every league! Sure hope he lasts longer than a game this time.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Suave Fedora posted:

Not a chance. Britt made me lol. Throw in a Golden Tate or Hopkins in for Britt and then we are talking something more equitable.

Why? Britt will outscore both of those players this year.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Pretty pleased with how my ppr superflex draft just went.

QB Sam Bradford MIN
QB Cam Newton CAR
RB Tevin Coleman ATL
RB Theo Riddick DET
WR Amari Cooper OAK
WR Stefon Diggs MIN
WR Julio Jones ATL
WR Demaryius Thomas DEN
TE Jordan Reed WAS

-- bench

QB Patrick Mahomes KAN
RB Tarik Cohen CHI
RB Duke Johnson CLE
RB Shane Vereen NYG
WR Kenny Britt CLE
WR John Brown ARI

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah, this is logical and good insight, peppered with oddly bad takes.

- West looked really bad this preseason.
- Spiller hasn't detracted from an RB1 in like 6 years
- Citing bad predictions from 3 years ago(Ball) is a good way to make your otherwise-sound analysis seem cherry picked

Other than that, this is spot on.

1. Irrelevent, it's preseason. He's a proven backup/stopgap starter.
2. Spiller is not a threat to the top job but he's on the roster and playable if Hunt falters.
3. It's relevant in that Ball was hyped far beyond what Hunt is, and was in a far better offence, and still busted badly. But there's been dozens of examples over the years of "starting RBs" who bust. It's a very volatile position, especially amongst rookies.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Cigar Aficionado posted:

2. Spiller is not a threat to the top job but he's on the roster and playable if Hunt falters.
3. It's relevant in that Ball was hyped far beyond what Hunt is, and was in a far better offence, and still busted badly. But there's been dozens of examples over the years of "starting RBs" who bust. It's a very volatile position, especially amongst rookies.

I think it's more likely that it ends up being a committee with all three guys getting touches and series to themselves. Along with Hill getting some carries in too. Which is what they did last year with West and Ware.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised if someone else is brought in too as an addition or to replace Spiller.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
How bad is my team? 12 team, standard, no ppr.

QB - Mariota
WR - Julio
WR - M. Thomas
RB - Crowell
RB - Mixon
FLEX - Crowder
TE - H. Henry
K - Tucker
D - Seattle

Bench:
Rawls
Char West
J. Conner
T. Cohen
S. Shepard
C. Brate

My bench is a complete disaster but I tried salvaging it as best I could. I was out of the country and ended up only drafting my starters which unfortunately left my bench to be autodrafted. The autodraft picked up two players out for the season ( Ware / Edelman), a 2nd DEF (NYG), 2nd QB (Manning), 2nd TE (Witten) and Rawls (who I kept)...

Thoughts?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Am I wrong in thinking that Terrelle Pryor Sr., Kelvin Benjamin, and Allen Robinson is a pretty mediocre set of WRs in standard/no ppr? I feel like all of them have a pretty low floor. I feel pretty good about Gordon+Freeman at RB though.

Too bad we have an rear end in a top hat in the league that was mad about the draft time and drafted a kicker with the 7th overall pick and then dumped all his players he could afterward.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Spiller got cut two days ago I believe.

Edit: nm he was and then resigned a day later lol.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Too bad we have an rear end in a top hat in the league that was mad about the draft time and drafted a kicker with the 7th overall pick and then dumped all his players he could afterward.

Dick. we had a guy like that in one of my leagues a few years ago, 2 weeks before the playoffs he dumped his entire roster. We had to have the commish lock his roster and ban him from the league.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Papes posted:

Lol

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Papes posted:

I don't see this ceiling you are thinking of. There are too many downward factors pushing it down:

- I predict the Browns passing offense will be bottom third in the league
-He's going to be on a run-heavy offense, per coach
- His QB is an untested rookie (sidebar: though as a Corey Coleman and Crowell owner, I do want Kizer to be good. But Coleman is my WR5)
- Coleman can easily become the WR1 on that team and has shown better in preseason than Britt to the tune of 14 targets to Britt's 6
- Browns
- Britt is getting oldballs
- lol Browns

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Papes posted:

QB Sam Bradford MIN
QB Cam Newton CAR
RB Tevin Coleman ATL
RB Theo Riddick DET
WR Amari Cooper OAK
WR Stefon Diggs MIN
WR Julio Jones ATL
WR Demaryius Thomas DEN
TE Jordan Reed WAS

-- bench

QB Patrick Mahomes KAN
RB Tarik Cohen CHI
RB Duke Johnson CLE
RB Shane Vereen NYG
WR Kenny Britt CLE
WR John Brown ARI

How many teams?
I'm having troubke figuring out how you could end up with that RB set and be "pretty pleased." It's literally 5 backup RBs who catch passes. Will make a nice floor but your team could really use an every down back to round things out

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kenny Britt got 1,000 yards with Jared loving Goff. Outscoring Dez probably isn't happening but I wouldn't dismiss him out of hand.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Papes posted:

QB Sam Bradford MIN
QB Cam Newton CAR
RB Tevin Coleman ATL
RB Theo Riddick DET
WR Amari Cooper OAK
WR Stefon Diggs MIN
WR Julio Jones ATL
WR Demaryius Thomas DEN
TE Jordan Reed WAS

-- bench

QB Patrick Mahomes KAN
RB Tarik Cohen CHI
RB Duke Johnson CLE
RB Shane Vereen NYG
WR Kenny Britt CLE
WR John Brown ARI

Yeah I don't mean to be a dick, but that team is rear end my dude. While the WRs are great, those RBs suck. Your QB2 is meh and your bench QB probably won't even start this year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Suave Fedora posted:

I don't see this ceiling you are thinking of. There are too many downward factors pushing it down:

- I predict the Browns passing offense will be bottom third in the league
-He's going to be on a run-heavy offense, per coach
- His QB is an untested rookie (sidebar: though as a Corey Coleman and Crowell owner, I do want Kizer to be good. But Coleman is my WR5)
- Coleman can easily become the WR1 on that team and has shown better in preseason than Britt to the tune of 14 targets to Britt's 6
- Browns
- Britt is getting oldballs
- lol Browns

Worth noting in preseason (lol) Corey Coleman has been Kizer's favored receiver while Britt seems to have a case of the drops.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Benne posted:

Kenny Britt got 1,000 yards with Jared loving Goff. Outscoring Dez probably isn't happening but I wouldn't dismiss him out of hand.

Yea but he's a dude that has 1 1000 yard season out of like 7 years.

We're not saying he'll not do good, we're just saying it's silly to say presume that he will outscore Golden Tate AND Deandre Hopkins, both who have averaged over 1000+ last few years.

If you take out Britt's last season, he averages like 500-600 yards before that.

edit: hungover posting errors rip

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 4, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Benne posted:

Who else was going to catch passes besides Britt? There's this weird blindspot people have where "produced in bad offense/with bad QB" is noteworthy but "was the only target on the team" flies under the radar. No one should be surprised guys like Britt or Pryor had ~1k yards last year, that's an indication of them being the only credible targets on their teams, not that they're some transcendent talent than can make overcome the handicap of Goff/the Browns.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

50 bucks 10 person league

I'm annoyed that I wasn't paying attention and Ben and Rivers both have the same bye but by week 9 one of them will probably be injured anyway.

My $200 12 person PPR league

Who should I drop to fill in for Burfict? Probably Carson or Jeremy Hill based on draft order.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 4, 2017

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In a PPR league with 6 point passing tds, is this team as bad as my friends are making it out to be?

QB: Rodgers, Luck (:smug:)
RB: Mixon, Abdullah, Peterson, Sproles, Dion Lewis
WR: Green, Cooper, Sanders, Tyrell Williams
TE: Henry
IDPs: Kwon Alexander, Vacarro

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Diqnol posted:

In a PPR league with 6 point passing tds, is this team as bad as my friends are making it out to be?

Your RBs are your main weakness. Lot of those guys split carries. Might be until Week 4 or later before Mixon fully takes over. I don't know why you're smug about grabbing Luck. He's probably missing 4 games and even then you have Rodgers. You wasted a roster spot that you could have used on another RB.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RVProfootballer posted:

Who else was going to catch passes besides Britt? There's this weird blindspot people have where "produced in bad offense/with bad QB" is noteworthy but "was the only target on the team" flies under the radar. No one should be surprised guys like Britt or Pryor had ~1k yards last year, that's an indication of them being the only credible targets on their teams, not that they're some transcendent talent than can make overcome the handicap of Goff/the Browns.

Wasn't expecting "Kenny Britt is good" to be a controversial take but OK

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Benne posted:

Wasn't expecting "Kenny Britt is good" to be a controversial take but OK

People hate him because they drafted him 3 years ago and he blew his knee out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Diqnol posted:

Like the poster above said, your smug pick is what hurts your team the most. Whatever RB was available in that round would have helped your team much more than a QB you will only start on Rodgers bye week.

• Locked thread