Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SeXReX posted:

if ur not watching hob on stream 2 ur doing esa wrong tbqh
Can't get enough Hob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

All right, I'm going in!

Woo, your donation!

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Lobster donation read!

~01:16:20

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, we can always donate during Punchy's Celeste run.

e: I missed the donation, gotta go back

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

TeaJay posted:

Well, we can always donate during Punchy's Celeste run.

This is my plan, we made a heck of an effort for a good cause though.

I mean heck we got :fluffy: and :pepsi:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

parabolic posted:

This is my plan, we made a heck of an effort for a good cause though.

I mean heck we got :fluffy: and :pepsi:

This is true. Pepsi was more of a "wait a minute, I can totally snipe this" and I did. :pepsi: shall reign supreme.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Comfy is such a good character, he's got one of the best character arcs in any FF game.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm disappointed we've abandoned Punchy, but I understand.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

TeaJay posted:

Comfy is such a good character, he's got one of the best character arcs in any FF game.
:yeah: he’s fantastic

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Planning your bathroom break route, the true speedstrats.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
it was a valiant effort to stick my name on a run I have no affiliation with though lads

seriously people have been asking me all week "why is your name in the bid war for that" lol

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

parabolic posted:

Lobster donation read!

~01:16:20

Lol, I literally wasn't paying attention. I'll have to go back and see on the VOD. Thanks for the timestamp, speedfriend!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

it was a valiant effort to stick my name on a run I have no affiliation with though lads

seriously people have been asking me all week "why is your name in the bid war for that" lol

Now I wish more than ever that I had money to snipe it

But oh well. I will try to donate during your Celeste run like I said.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I hope when they name Quina they at least mention the bidwar. I'd like Punchy to get a random shoutout.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Haha that’s great people have been questioning you about it.

I still have faith someone will snipe it right before they need to enter the name. I wish I had the money to do it myself

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

this makes the original effort more than worth it

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Lobster posted:

Lol, I literally wasn't paying attention. I'll have to go back and see on the VOD. Thanks for the timestamp, speedfriend!

:hai:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I love watching these super long RPGs once an event, but I hugely admire the runners of them, their dedication to playing these super long games as much as possible and sitting through the cutscenes probably hundreds of times. I can’t even fathom being that dedicated to games like this, I think it’s amazing.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

I'm glad to know we made an impact in such a way. Plus the money goes to charity, so it's win-win :unsmith:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

YUMP is a fantastic name for Freya

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So I'm getting the sense Hob is a good speed game because it's busted as gently caress and can't keep itself together even through duct tape and wishes.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

RoboJoe posted:

YUMP is a fantastic name for Freya

so fitting for ESA

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RoboJoe posted:

I love watching these super long RPGs once an event, but I hugely admire the runners of them, their dedication to playing these super long games as much as possible and sitting through the cutscenes probably hundreds of times. I cant even fathom being that dedicated to games like this, I think its amazing.

I can barely play most JRPGs once, unless they're Pokemon, which doesn't count.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

parabolic posted:

so fitting for ESA

lmao did I miss this thread donating to name Zidane pepsi or something

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Zillions magazine posted:

hell yeah you did

jimmydalad sniped it

:pepsi:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Zillions magazine posted:

Yeah, I tried to rally people to donate Quina as Punchy but it turned out someone else wanted it pretty badly but Zidane and Vivi were much easier to snipe as Pepsi and Comfy

:pepsi:

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

VIVI is COMFY?

I love you all so much

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

BATMAN: YES! THAT'S IT! Go, Master Comfy!

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

:siren: this is not a drill, roughly 4 hours to Arabian Nights :siren:

plan your snackruns / sleepruns accordingly

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

parabolic posted:

:siren: this is not a drill, roughly 4 hours to Arabian Nights :siren:

plan your snackruns / sleepruns accordingly

We've also got an Awful Games Relay before that, whatever that means.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Woo some good news. I need to go in tomorrow for a document and security checking session tomorrow for the temp work next week. No guarantee I’ll get the work even if I pass all the checks but if I do that’s awesome and some extra money. Still got a shot at the end of August too if next week doesn’t pan out. Good times :dance:

(Going to miss all the speedruns tomorrow though, rip)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Ramos posted:

So I'm getting the sense Hob is a good speed game because it's busted as gently caress and can't keep itself together even through duct tape and wishes.

I don't think any of us (I technically know how to run the game) actually remember just how much we're skipping. There is a part where you jump to a ledge you shouldn't be able to reach early on to get to the warp cave and honestly if I am remembering that segment of the game properly that is at least 40 minutes from that one jump.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, they didn't get Quina at this point in the game after all

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RoboJoe posted:

Woo some good news. I need to go in tomorrow for a document and security checking session tomorrow for the temp work next week. No guarantee Ill get the work even if I pass all the checks but if I do thats awesome and some extra money. Still got a shot at the end of August too if next week doesnt pan out. Good times :dance:

(Going to miss all the speedruns tomorrow though, rip)

That's OK, work is more important. Good luck, speedfriend!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

That's OK, work is more important. Good luck, speedfriend!

Thanks :3: Sadly the spots are very limited in this temp work so I might not get it just due to the number of people applying, or they might just cancel it (it’s all to do with how busy they expect to be which can change daily really).

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

One and a half hours to get Punchy! Maybe we have a chance, cool non-goons might like the idea of Punchy as a name.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

My dad wants to go out for lunch, but I should be back well in time for Arabian Nights.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Holy poo poo I forgot about ESA, oh nooooo

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot about ESA, oh nooooo

Noooooo :( I’m sure someone has a list of all the best runs (possibly in the slow thread) but Geoguessr is one of the top amazing runs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

There's still lots of good stuff to come, including Arabian Nights in a few hours, Punchy's Celeste run and Mario 64 70 star relay on Friday!

• Locked thread