Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PL hoovering any retard with a super or titan instead of growing their line member's abilities to produce wealth in game and buying supers and titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hexel posted:

how did PLNC get so bad at titan warfare and why are gewns so good?

armor supers, for a while, were clearly superior to shield supers in blapping subcaps so pl/nc only trained for them. this had advantages back in the day (and has some advantages now, in that you only need a single type of fax and all your faxes can rep everyone), but now they're paying for it because armor isn't clearly superior to shield (there's some belief it's now the reverse) and because titan DDs are now absolutely key, they've hosed themselves in DD diversity. and goonswarm is so big that we can get all the advantages of a single-tank fleet by having a full armor fleet and a full shield fleet.

i would like to tell you that goonswarm having people train any race of titan was part of a considered plan instead of a "gently caress it, just train whatever you want as long as it's a titan" but i think we all know that's not true

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
mixed fleets only work if you have enough people to fill out two full fleets, otherwise you're just cutting the effective tank of your supers and titans in half. we're the only entity in the game that can bring that number of people to a fight atm

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

terrified of my bathroom posted:

mixed fleets only work if you have enough people to fill out two full fleets, otherwise you're just cutting the effective tank of your supers and titans in half. we're the only entity in the game that can bring that number of people to a fight atm

This is not true in a titan fight big enough where it is expected titans will die from DD alpha volleys, instead of from first clearing faxes and then killing titans via dps.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Hexel posted:

To be fair to them, there have been precious, precious few times where all the armchair theorycrafting has actually met a real combat situation. The main difference is that while we learned from the X47 armor timer and adapted to what we saw, hostiles did nothing.

The main disconnect here is TIDI. If the servers were functioning properly and there was no TIDI despite the amount of people involved, NCPL would have been able to correctly neut out our shield supers and clown them, hard. However, during heavy tidi, the only offensive modules that work reliably are doomsdays. Because of this, active tanked shield titans (and even dual-tanked erebutts) have vastly higher EHP than passive-tanked avatars.

The accepted wisdom during a titan slugfest is to shoot erebutts first, because they normally have the lowest tank. Since we dual tanked ours, they actually had the highest tank of anything they could have shot.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hexel posted:

poop

sock

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

pity reply for a bum rear end hangeron

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

To be fair to them, there have been precious, precious few times where all the armchair theorycrafting has actually met a real combat situation. The main difference is that while we learned from the X47 armor timer and adapted to what we saw, hostiles did nothing.

The main disconnect here is TIDI. If the servers were functioning properly and there was no TIDI despite the amount of people involved, NCPL would have been able to correctly neut out our shield supers and clown them, hard. However, during heavy tidi, the only offensive modules that work reliably are doomsdays. Because of this, active tanked shield titans (and even dual-tanked erebutts) have vastly higher EHP than passive-tanked avatars.

The accepted wisdom during a titan slugfest is to shoot erebutts first, because they normally have the lowest tank. Since we dual tanked ours, they actually had the highest tank of anything they could have shot.

the main point of PLNC theorycrafting was also SH-1 (in 2016) and then later the big slugfest in hakonen with KB's vanq

in both of these events one side had supercap superiority, and the defining factors were being able to out-rep and kill masses of dreads and subcaps

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Nyn posted:

Actually looking to retire here in about 6 months, and no need for the thank sir. Just proud to do my part to this beautiful country.

god you're dumb

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Also NCPL had a tremendous focus on killboard positive safe behavior and not losing rorquals and all that poo poo, whereas we went "gently caress it do your thing, who cares if you lose a super, that's your problem." So we have this huge ridiculous economy of Chinese super ratting lunatics behind our poo poo whereas NCPL has miners and poo poo, but they are all self-loathing PvPers instead of dedicated Rorqual mains building an economy.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Paramemetic posted:

Also NCPL had a tremendous focus on killboard positive safe behavior and not losing rorquals and all that poo poo, whereas we went "gently caress it do your thing, who cares if you lose a super, that's your problem." So we have this huge ridiculous economy of Chinese super ratting lunatics behind our poo poo whereas NCPL has miners and poo poo, but they are all self-loathing PvPers instead of dedicated Rorqual mains building an economy.

The titan numbers for the X47 armor timer, between us and the northern forces (minus PL) were within 1% of each other. What you said definitely accounts for the gap closing, but it didn't afford us any particular advantage in the actual fight, other than being slightly more willing to allow titans to die due to our massive production advantage.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
those titans were already replaced

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Paramemetic posted:

:allears: please tell me more about a group you're not part of

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The titan numbers for the X47 armor timer, between us and the northern forces (minus PL) were within 1% of each other. What you said definitely accounts for the gap closing, but it didn't afford us any particular advantage in the actual fight, other than being slightly more willing to allow titans to die due to our massive production advantage.

We should start the next Titan brawl by announcing ahead of the fight how many Titans are already replaced.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

pity reply for the guy who died to SMASH

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Oh yeah no argument there.

That we were willing to commit all in like that was a result of our big ol' economic machine, but the actual tactical battle was won by them not learning or updating based on the realities of titan warfare etc.

The two big titan fights in this war were won tactically by our using Supers as fuckin' heavy tackle in one, and then using dual tanked buses instead of hull energizers in the other.

I don't have the insight into the inner workings of NCPL to know why that is, but I do suspect there are cultural reasons and not just "their FCs aren't as good" because I don't think that's true.

working mom posted:

:allears: please tell me more about a group you're not part of

Okay I mean what kind of stuff? Also where is the lie?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Caldari Supremacy.

Always and forever.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Paramemetic posted:

Okay I mean what kind of stuff? Also where is the lie?

I mean, no one who matters cares about kb efficiency, they care about pointless avoidable losses but that's entirely different. As for ratting, just because there's no set area for krabbing doesn't mean that each corp doesn't have their own provisions.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Is there a stockpile of titans somewhere is the goon empire?

Mental.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

pity reply for the guy who died to SMASH

pity reply for the guy who cant smash (cause of his tiny dick)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
You're both pitiful and are almost posting at my level at the moment. You might want to look at where your lives are headed before a mod renames you to a D-name

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

pity reply for the guy who cant smash (cause of his tiny dick)

angry meltdown over penis size

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

You're both pitiful and are almost posting at my level at the moment. You might want to look at where your lives are headed before a mod renames you to a D-name

we're both obviously self aware you mutant so go flirt with the j4g who makes you look less stupid

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

evilweasel posted:

This is not true in a titan fight big enough where it is expected titans will die from DD alpha volleys, instead of from first clearing faxes and then killing titans via dps.

That's fair, but you're (probably) not gonna get people cross-training into titans that they can't use on 99% of super ops. For everything other than an x47 style fight you wouldn't want to split tanks

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

notaspy posted:

Is there a stockpile of titans somewhere is the goon empire?

Mental.

yes, forums poster evilweasel literally came into this very thread after x-47 part 1 and talked about handing out titans to nearly everyone that lost one in the fight

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
goonswarm as the back-to-back-to-back supertit brawl champions, who would have thought

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

we're both obviously self aware you mutant so go flirt with the j4g who makes you look less stupid

You j4g? o.O

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Dalael posted:

oh hey i missed this

so i'm not gonna pretend i know whats in deadtear's head but I know whats in my head, this some tête-à-tête bullshit aint nothing to it beyond that

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

terrified of my bathroom posted:

That's fair, but you're (probably) not gonna get people cross-training into titans that they can't use on 99% of super ops. For everything other than an x47 style fight you wouldn't want to split tanks

At the end of the day though, the biggest factor in being able to use supercaps in smaller engagements is being willing and able to take a fight like x47. If you can’t win that it doesn’t matter you’re a little better at the small fights because you can’t risk those.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

oh hey i missed this

so i'm not gonna pretend i know whats in deadtear's head but I know whats in my head, this some tête-à-tête bullshit aint nothing to it beyond that

we're both obviously self aware

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

evilweasel posted:

At the end of the day though, the biggest factor in being able to use supercaps in smaller engagements is being willing and able to take a fight like x47. If you can’t win that it doesn’t matter you’re a little better at the small fights because you can’t risk those.

yeah that's true

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is rapidly filling up with the best kinds of posts (bad ones)

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Hexel posted:

They were never good at it to begin with. They were good at hunting smaller targets with them, but have always been very risk-averse when it comes to the big toys.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
The best part was saying gently caress it and using supercarriers as heavy tackle

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Kinetica posted:

The best part was saying gently caress it and using supercarriers as heavy tackle

This, but the actual best part was that hostiles were expecting it so hard for the hull timer too that they just failed to deploy their dreads at all

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This, but the actual best part was that hostiles were expecting it so hard for the hull timer too that they just failed to deploy their dreads at all

The best part was pl deploying 200k off on the opposite side and being completely useless

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

gwrtheyrn posted:

The best part was pl deploying 200k off on the opposite side and being completely useless

I'm sure they were glaring really hard at you.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Firos posted:

Lol I posted that as a joke and welp. Now I've got to get all this egg off my face.

That's, uhhh...that's not egg.

Hexel posted:

All the PL nerds who were ~~elite~~ have burned out and stopped loving caring.

Addamere posted:

those titans were already replaced

This, but unironically.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

dragonshardz posted:

All the PL nerds who were ~~elite~~ have burned out and stopped loving playing.

fixed this for you bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

To any bitter vets: this is actually not a joke. We won the last big supercap brouhaha because we dual tanked our Erebutts. Among other things.

Makes sense in -10000000% tidi when the only thing that works is doomsday’s

Also lol at the J4G