Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I got a ton of spelt and linguini and lasagna sheets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I should get some lasagne sheets

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
The 1st thing I loot will be a KFC for its spices and coleslaw

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I mean they’ll have a supply of spices but what you really need to loot is the recipe, they’re all just normal spices

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Loot the bakeries of their rosemary and lamb pies.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Apparently comes in 2kg bags of grey powder, someone on the forums must know the location and protocols for this stuff.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Severing posted:

I hope though all of this people see that working from home is a completely viable thing to do from time-to-time and it's a trend that continues.

Having to drag your arse into work every day just because some backwards-thinking boomer boss wants to see his office with people in it is overrated.

Wow.

Deep.

Change ur avatar dude.

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

the bathtub is just getting sunk into the ground and turned into a little pond/tank overflow spot, the potatos thing interests me, do you just plant em right down the bottom and build em up over time? I haven't had a successful harvest of em yet but everything online is telling me to build em up with soil as they grow to get nice big tubers otherwise you wind up with sad useless little potatos, i threw a few straight in the dirt around the place to get a feel for what they do just completely unattended, and then I've got a few that I'm actually following the internets advice on

Potatoes?

:lol: I clone natives.

Taters cant be too hard.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

tardwrangler posted:

Me too, plus their gravy mix.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I was thinking stuff like dried legumes, pulses and beans mainly which you can usually get from an Indian grocer for a couple bucks a kilo.

I'm looking at buying an instant pot for cooking said dried beans but we will see how this whole global supply chain thing happens

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

I was thinking stuff like dried legumes, pulses and beans mainly which you can usually get from an Indian grocer for a couple bucks a kilo.

I'm looking at buying an instant pot for cooking said dried beans but we will see how this whole global supply chain thing happens

Isn't an Instant Pot just an electric pressure cooker? If so, I use mine all the time in winter.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

McSpergin posted:

Yeah I hit the Indian grocery 2 weeks back and got 5kg bags of chickpeas, various lentils & beans, brown rice etc for good prices. Various pickles and dried spices too. I use this stuff all the time anyway so I consider it hoarding not prepping

*Edit* I just soak stuff overnight and cook normally

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

NVJ cutting sheets of lasagna into vertical slices because there’s no fettuccine at the shops

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/RobertHoge/status/1238722475623501825

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Lolie posted:

Isn't an Instant Pot just an electric pressure cooker? If so, I use mine all the time in winter.

Pressure cookers are amazing for risotto as well.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/milesage/status/1238707985720832000

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Our Woolies hasn't been hit too hard cause it's in a uni, and mostly serves students. There been a run on rice and pasta but still stuff on the shelves, just a bit empty. No one's touching basmati and arborio tho.

The Asian grocery next door is just business as usual. As much rice, noodles and instant ramen as you want. Seems like not going to Asian restaurants is extending to Asian grocers.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Lolie posted:

Some sort of Deb/gravox/pepper combo.you can never get it perfect
My wife has an almost perfect bean salad recipe. Only going by memory but it seems right

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Megabound posted:

Our Woolies hasn't been hit too hard cause it's in a uni, and mostly serves students. There been a run on rice and pasta but still stuff on the shelves, just a bit empty. No one's touching basmati and arborio tho.

Every rice except jasmine was gone at my daughter's supermarket. That's what I mostly use so I'm not worried about running out of rice.

The little Asian supermarket opposite Westpoint was well stocked yesterday, including with toilet paper. I wonder what it was like today. The panic buying seems to be snowballing to more and more items.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
One of my daughters is a "just in time" shopper at the best of times. She got a little concerned when she realised she only has two toilet rolls left - until she checked my grandson's bathroom and discovered he has 19.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

tardwrangler posted:

Apparently comes in 2kg bags of grey powder, someone on the forums must know the location and protocols for this stuff.

Unless its changed since I worked there it comes as a bag of greenish spice mix that you add to powered egg stuff and flour. There is a shitload of salt and pepper in it.

Lolie posted:

The good gravy mix is actually all the poo poo at the bottom of the pressure deep friers they remove when they clean them. The bland, watery mess is what you get when they run out of that stuff and make it from pre-mix gravy.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m hoarding dogs, if society falls I reckon they’ll be more useful than a gun, also I’ve been playing a lot of new Vegas so maybe one of them can also be a gun?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I'm not yet at the point of panic buying anything despite knowing full well that being a teacher I'm going to cop an impact from coronavirus sooner rather than later. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the kids for a couple of weeks and still made the teachers show up. It'd mean that I'd both have excellent programs to teach from but also that I might have half a chance of having a workshop full of tools that are fully sharpened and set correctly rather than poo poo that is cobbled together to get kids through projects

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I reckon if you're gonna get the corona you want to get it early before the hospitals get overwhelmed.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Airstream Driver posted:

I reckon if you're gonna get the corona you want to get it early before the hospitals get overwhelmed.

That's a fair point and it may take out the painful boomer in the process.

The top song of the decade as decided by tirple J listeners is a solid pile of shite

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the kids for a couple of weeks and still made the teachers show up.

I think every teacher I know irl would agree with you and also never mind if they ever came back

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

just nicked into local iga and staff in masks and gloves, most shelves empty and purchase limit lists on the shelves
I'm getting legit scared now

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

i am also very stoned

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

tardwrangler posted:

The spice must flow.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It would be an insane time to be tripping in public in a lot of places. I don’t think even I’d give it a crack in a big city and I’ve tripped at a clear majority of my family weddings

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You can get away with so much crazy poo poo at a wedding bc people are so intoxicated. I took mushrooms at my sisters reception and capsized a boat that was not meant to be used as a real boat I think but rather as a prop for photos and i was written off as just another pisshead. I think I had maybe four glasses of bubbly and a few shared private joints and a heap of loving mushrooms

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm down at the bad coast for the weekend and I've never seen the beaches so quiet. Still good f&c on offer at palm beach though.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Palm beach is the only good thing about hell coast. I used to work there and pretty much every food and bev place there is good, even the alh pub kind of tries, you’d expect people to be super snobby in such a nice place but it’s very chill.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I repped Burleigh really hard when I lived there but now I’m gone I’ll say it. The beach is poo poo and everyone that lives there is a brain injury retired phys Ed teacher or they own five inbred stupid loving dogs that all hate each other. I’ve never lived anywhere in my life with so many lovely dog owners in one place. That’s just Burleigh proper. West burly is the only place I’ve seen people just enter into the venue past a car park fight instead of bailing entirely or cheering it on

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 14, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I'm not yet at the point of panic buying anything despite knowing full well that being a teacher I'm going to cop an impact from coronavirus sooner rather than later. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the kids for a couple of weeks and still made the teachers show up. It'd mean that I'd both have excellent programs to teach from but also that I might have half a chance of having a workshop full of tools that are fully sharpened and set correctly rather than poo poo that is cobbled together to get kids through projects

Have you been to any of the supermarkets in Katoomba today? I went to Coles on Friday afternoon and it was fine. My mother does her shopping on Monday and I'm trying to talk her into doing it before everything is gone.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Local Woolies looked like a pack of dipshit hoarders had descended on it an hour ago. Never seen it so bare of everything.

Also if you've got prescriptions and are like me and like to refill them the day after you empty the bottle, maybe don't do that as there's a pretty good chance we're gonna have supply disruptions and you may have to go without for a bit. My chemist was suggesting refilling when you've got a week of meds left. They're also refusing to let anyone take more than a month's supply of anything because people are trying to hoard, they were busy going through their rather empty shelves when I was restocking my meds. Never seen them so empty either.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Have you been to any of the supermarkets in Katoomba today? I went to Coles on Friday afternoon and it was fine. My mother does her shopping on Monday and I'm trying to talk her into doing it before everything is gone.

Nah I went to leura woolies and apart from a lack of pasta and toilet paper things seemed mostly normal. I'd imagine katoomba is similar tbh. Biggext thing with Leura woolies atm is the complete lack of Chinese tourists creating a nuisance.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Think I'm going to nick down to my local bunnings and solve this toilet paper crisis once and for all.

Severing fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 14, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Went into Sydney today.

There are so many disgusting grotty people about it makes me want to scream.

Some fuckwit passed me on the ramp on the train and I heard him spit on the ground and open mouth cough as other people were passing him behind me.
Was going to tell him off, but that would involve the potentiality he'd turn around and breath on me.

Another guy had no shoes and was barefoot on the train.

Lets just this shut poo poo down and let everyone have a vacation for 2 weeks :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I repped Burleigh really hard when I lived there but now I’m gone I’ll say it. The beach is poo poo and everyone that lives there is a brain injury retired phys Ed teacher or they own five inbred stupid loving dogs that all hate each other. I’ve never lived anywhere in my life with so many lovely dog owners in one place. That’s just Burleigh proper. West burly is the only place I’ve seen people just enter into the venue past a car park fight instead of bailing entirely or cheering it on

My aunt and uncle lived in Burleigh until like a month ago, he passed 5 years ago. They were either north Burleigh or Miami. Big flash mansion on the waterfront (boomer property buying and being a builder def helped)

Also Lolie - an instant pot is one of those multifunction cookers that does like steaming, rice, pressure cooking etc etc. They're apparently really really good