Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

zoya have you claimed yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

hambeet posted:

zoya have you claimed yet?

hambeet stop rolefishing

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

what are these down arrows on quotes i don't like them

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya posted:

oh yeah i just noticed them today too. i thought maybe they'd been there for a while and i was just not very observant.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Zoya posted:

i was on wolo, wolo was on beet who redirected to me, AFQM was on me, dans was on me, opop... was doing whatever opop does. do we think his info thing is a night action? or passive?

wolo do you know a reason why from your role PM i wouldn't have received a oneshot of jail? i'm supposed to get a generic approximation of one of the target's night actions, if they have one, but received nothing from doccing you

but for it to be wolo, you'd have to be able to jail AND kill at the same time, since you've demonstrably been on me, same for ham, probably same for AFQM

is it just opop?

Unless your action requires passing a charm or beauty check, none.

Zoya posted:

my action is provably "mutual aid" -- we've seen everyone's flips except tmor, opop has seen mutual aid post-tmor's death, and no one has counterclaimed the action name

does "mutual aid" sound counter-revolutionary to y'all?

i'm at -1 right now can someone please unvote

Breathing is counter-revolutionary, comrade.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My gathering intel isn't passive, my passive is that I get items if someone with an item visits me, but so far it hasn't come up and now we see that items don't actually do anything so

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Zoya posted:

oooh I see what you're talking about, these are good actually

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Imagine not waiting until deadline to vote.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Zoya (2): AFancyQuestionMark, wologar, hambeet, hambeet, Dans Macabre, Dans Macabre
Opopanax (1): Zoya
AFancyQuestionMark (0): wologar, wologar

Not Voting (3): Dans Macabre, hambeet, Opopanax

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 18th, 2024 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Democracy is a State which recognizes the subjection of the minority to the majority, that is, an organization for the systematic use of force by one class against the other, by one part of the population against another. While the State exists, there can be no freedom.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

wologar posted:

Imagine not waiting until deadline to vote.

imagine locking in your vote on town early

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

[cricket noises]

everyone just resigned to sit here in silence until deadline?

you can't just sit here, wait until an hour before deadline, go "oh well, we talked it out, time to execute zoya!" and shut your brain off, because i will flip town and the game will keep going, but with one less way to block the kill. and, do the math -- if you don't block the kill tonight, we'll be in MEXLO

it has to be opop. it doesn't make sense otherwise, because anyone else would have to be able to do double actions to have done the kill last night

use your brains please

known actions, from most suspicious flavor to least suspicious:
  • Opop: unknown. Informed to some degree on action names
  • hambeet: redirect, but action name unknown? just realized as i was writing this out that i don't think we've seen an action name claim from ham
  • Wolo: isolate. action name NAI
  • AFQM: Package, mail. NAI. "Package" mildly alarming but i think we'd be dead by now if bombs involved
  • Zoya: Mutual Aid. obviously town/revolutionary
  • Dans: Extend Solidarity. obviously town/revolutionary

ham what is your action name? has opop said it in the thread?

we know action name flavor matters, because of [gesturing widely] nearly every flip so far, especially the scum flips

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

wait a minute

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You should probably just kill me. I'm town but with at least one kill protection in play you'll have another day, whereas if we get another day and I'm still here scum will push for the easy win and get rid of me then anyways. Hate to do it but ##vote ol opop is the best choice

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Opopanax posted:

Ok, I don't really get how to utilize my powers but seems best to get info into the open. That was a one shot that tells me a random scum power used last night, and that power is "Obamacare"

Opopanax posted:

I'm going to reveal some info too because I still have no idea how to utilize my powers and it seems better to get info out. The following actions have been taken so far:
-Echolocate
-Proclaim
-Kill
-Mail
-Obamacare (this one is explicitly scum, the others I don't know)

was this a scumslip? my action name was the actual action (what you type after "##"), and i've been assuming everyone else's was too

but look at the flip:

shwinnebego posted:

Captain Foo was eliminated Day 4. Captain Foo was...

You are 🍨 Nancy Pelosi 🍨 Counter-Revolutionary-Aligned Democrat.

You have the following characteristics:

Obamacare: Once per night, you may ##Expand Medicaid, healing another player. If assigned the night kill, you will add the modifier DENIED COVERAGE, turning the night kill into a poison. The target will die at the end of the next night.

...the actual action name is "expand medicaid", not obamacare. obamacare is the general name of the trait.

did opop know the ability was "obamacare" because that's what they were calling it in scumchat???

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's just mod error but vote me anyways

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i almost missed it because that flip was posted by shwinne instead of josef

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote opopmacare

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya posted:

[cricket noises]

everyone just resigned to sit here in silence until deadline?

you can't just sit here, wait until an hour before deadline, go "oh well, we talked it out, time to execute zoya!" and shut your brain off, because i will flip town and the game will keep going, but with one less way to block the kill. and, do the math -- if you don't block the kill tonight, we'll be in MEXLO

it has to be opop. it doesn't make sense otherwise, because anyone else would have to be able to do double actions to have done the kill last night

use your brains please

known actions, from most suspicious flavor to least suspicious:
  • Opop: unknown. Informed to some degree on action names
  • hambeet: redirect, but action name unknown? just realized as i was writing this out that i don't think we've seen an action name claim from ham
  • Wolo: isolate. action name NAI
  • AFQM: Package, mail. NAI. "Package" mildly alarming but i think we'd be dead by now if bombs involved
  • Zoya: Mutual Aid. obviously town/revolutionary
  • Dans: Extend Solidarity. obviously town/revolutionary

ham what is your action name? has opop said it in the thread?

we know action name flavor matters, because of [gesturing widely] nearly every flip so far, especially the scum flips

are you uhh asking for my claim? :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

my redirect is called cambia which is either a pharmaceutical or the spanish word for change. i'm assuming the latter considering my flavour is mexican and the description of the power is about 'anti-globalism'.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and no, you wont see my action name reported because *drum roll* you're obviously not reading the thread

BAM

petard hoisted, again

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya posted:

was this a scumslip? my action name was the actual action (what you type after "##"), and i've been assuming everyone else's was too

but look at the flip:

...the actual action name is "expand medicaid", not obamacare. obamacare is the general name of the trait.

did opop know the ability was "obamacare" because that's what they were calling it in scumchat???

oooh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya posted:

i almost missed it because that flip was posted by shwinne instead of josef

i was gonna say josef has been pretty good avoiding mod errors but now seing it was shwinne.....well, lol

sorry shwinney

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

i hope it's not zoya now so we both look like dumbasses for celebrating too early

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote big daddy opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Obamacare thing was a different power, that was from my day action.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I agree with killing me but do it for the right reasons, and with sad regret

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

:redhammer:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Casting a vote for themselves, opopanax strode willingly to the place of execution, and stood with grim determination facing the assembled gunmen. The votes were read without a hitch, and the Revolutionaries once again stared at the dead body of a fallen comrade.

opopanax, aka ⚒ Kunnikal Ajitha ⚒, Revolutionary-Aligned Naxalite was executed Day 8!

quote:

You are ⚒ Kunnikal Ajitha ⚒, Revolutionary-Aligned Naxalite.

You are one of the leaders of the Naxalite movement, a Maoist-inspired revolutionary group waging people's war against the government of India. Still active to this day but much diminished, your efforts have worked to protect the interests of rural communities in areas oft-exploited by domestic and foreign interests alike, fighting tooth and nail against the government of India since Indira Gandhi's period of "President's rule". While your real life counterpart would retire from the fight eventually, the fires of revolution yet burn, and this final climactic confrontation with capitalist demands your return.

You win when all threats to the Revolution have been eliminated.

You have the following characteristics:

Guerilla Intelligence: Your years of combat and struggle taught you to always observe the actions of your enemies. At night, you may ##Gather Intel, revealing 3 random actions taken that night.

Red Corridor: Your people patrol the countryside with great vigilance. If any player visits you, you can seize whatever items they might be holding.

Hindu Simps: Once per game, as a public day action you may ##Catfish one of those extremely online Hindu Nationalists who simp for IDF babes, forcing them to reveal the name of a random scum action taken the previous night. This public day action does not require a target to work.

Night 8 begins! 24 hours for actions, etc

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Opopanax (4): Zoya, Opopanax, Dans Macabre, hambeet
Zoya (2): AFancyQuestionMark, wologar, hambeet, hambeet, Dans Macabre, Dans Macabre
AFancyQuestionMark (0): wologar, wologar

Not Voting (0):

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 18th, 2024 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 23 minutes.

Democracy is a State which recognizes the subjection of the minority to the majority, that is, an organization for the systematic use of force by one class against the other, by one part of the population against another. While the State exists, there can be no freedom.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Night 8 ends without incident, as everyone who went to bed after opopanax's disappointing misexecution emerge the morning of day 9.

Day 9 begins!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Targeted zoya again. Cannot kill.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Roleblock Zoya, no kills :thunk:

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Dans Macabre posted:

Targeted zoya again. Cannot kill.

oh

idk what's going on.

hambeet? wologar?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
##vote Zoya

Godmother in da house.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Dans, why did you vote Opop?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

wologar posted:

##vote Zoya

Godmother in da house.

who did you isolate?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

who did you isolate?

Nobody. I voted twice last day and so lost my ability to isolate.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
waiting to hear from hambeet

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

wologar posted:

Dans, why did you vote Opop?

zoya obamacare case convinced me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

wologar posted:

##vote Zoya

Godmother in da house.

Or it’s you. You’re the only one I haven’t cleared.