Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I was looking over day 1 too and Shwin looks like he was bussing Hal just like he was bussing Josef.

See?

shwinnebego posted:

##vote hal it's scum, isn't it

you picked scum as your role

But also he defended Bif for no reason on the same day

shwinnebego posted:

i don't wanna kill bif

Which of them looks scumbuddier?

Maugrim where are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

D1 I didn't need any "defending", he was just sucking up lol, don't think Shwinn is gonna be too helpful for looking at interactions overall but I did see that joking around with Hal too.

I'm still at work but gonna be on lunch in a bit

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m at dinner and then heading home to actually play mafia.

People enjoy putting votes on me and/or saying “it’s Hal isn’t it” on D1 (and D2, D3, D4) so in my unbiased opinion I don’t think you can put much faith in that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ok I went back and read bif and looked specifically at the nep/iggy day to see if I was missing bif's big town play there.

Yes, she wasn't into the iggy/nep combo which I guess is to her credit, but I also notice that while she talks about Myc and putting votes there she actually votes Toal instead, which is a bit of a pattern where she went after Myc earlier in the game somewhat aggressively but I also think never put a vote down and dropped it into the background a couple times.

I don't know that I feel any better about bif after that but now I will look at Keats, and also look back at the flipped scums.

Really this all comes down to Maugrim though, no one is going to get killed without his vote.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Keats, I wasn't in cultivation mafia, what exactly was your role in that? I saw the PM you posted, but was "Sect" some other third-party that you were not actually a member of?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sect was the flavor for town. But because this game is a mishmosh of games I would still investigate as Sect because my role specifies it lol

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I chose the role specifically to be a self-confirming (if investigated. I did not know the challenge mechanic would also be a thing) Vanilla (hopefully town)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm my feelings on Keats haven't really changed, not getting huge scum vibes. He was pretty early on Joseph, kind of has a similar moment as bif of dropping some Myc suspicion but quickly moving on. Still feels much more likely to be bif to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

One thing popped back into my mind, and I don't know if we ever got an answer, is how Myc knew HCT's intended track targets on a night where it was supposedly redirected. Now that Myc flipped scum I kind of want to go back and revisit that to see what could have happened there and if it was ever resolved, maybe it was all a red herring

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess that was mostly answered by Toalpaz redirecting things and the lightning rod just not happening. I suppose that might not be a fruitful path

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Where is Maugrim!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Johnny Keats posted:

Where is Maugrim!

They haven't been in the masonry either while I've been mentioning some other thoughts about you two. Must be just busy with RL stuff for now. I'm eager to see their thoughts too

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I finally found Hal's old game in the archives, not that I doubt at all Hal was telling the truth about where his role came from, with the logic system in play:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466381&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=96#post401389536

quote:

3) The scum had an immediate advantage D1 when the single best Good Logic Result was hit by the scum (Hal's). The Organizer provided them a list of every 'visit other people' night action in the game on N1. However, they oddly chose not to eliminate the power roles (NKing busb was really :wtc: to me considering they KNEW he was vanilla vs PoP the doc and Opop the tracker).

Comparing against Hal's report in this game:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Anyway my good logic gave me a list of who every one visited last night (but not what they did) and from the few claims in here my list seems pretty accurate. So just making sure it’s not scrambled

Couldn't find the actual role specifics anywhere in the thread, but seems to match up. I wasn't expecting there to be a smoking gun out there or anything, but here it is for reference now that I bothered to finally find it.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Sorry folks, I did a sleep and have had a very busy morning today

I unvoted because I wanted to look over Bif's luck stuff and see if I could figure out why some of the stuff happened and if it could imply whether she is town or scum. But I was really dang tired after my hospital procedure that morning.

I'm going to take a look now. I really don't know who scum. I thought I had a pretty watertight case on Bif but she keeps posting towny at me and guilting me into doubting myself. I've barely played with her so I have nothing to go on besides "she's played a fuckton of games so is probably good as scum, beware"

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Also I'll be really cross if it's Keats and he wins another scum game at mylo straight after the last one!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I don't think it's Keats though. It's mostly between Hal and Bif for me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maugrim posted:

I don't think it's Keats though. It's mostly between Hal and Bif for me

Kind of curious what Keats has done to seem more cleared than either myself or bif to you.

The one thing that I see is that he (like me) claimed a role that can’t visit people very early on, which locks you into being in a very bad spot if you are seen doing anything (like a NK) so I’d think scum would try at least a bit to hide their role in that case

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Of course that being said Josef got caught for that same thing AND seemingly wasted a NK on someone who couldn’t be killed so that clearly is not worth all that much

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm making a spreadsheet... on Day 7, lol. I'm not gonna end this game without giving a decent amount of effort to solving it. Sorry to the obs who are probably getting impatient.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maugrim posted:

I'm making a spreadsheet... on Day 7, lol. I'm not gonna end this game without giving a decent amount of effort to solving it. Sorry to the obs who are probably getting impatient.

Fine but you must post the spreadsheet so we can see your work

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Well I need to take a break to do some laundry and the school run, so I'll post what I've got so far once Cube gives me the okay to do so. Anything you folks can say to help me fill stuff in would be very handy.

Also I just realised cube awarded Numberwang for Day 1, so I went to look for what today's Numberwang would be, but it only goes to Day 6 so I have missed my chance to see if it would do anything :(

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

I know there's some obvious stuff I haven't filled in yet, basically all I've done is go through mod posts to get flips etc

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Wait, that's tiny, let me try and fix

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Could I maybe be a slightly paler shade of red than bif?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Pfffft fine, I'll put you all at "no read" for the next iteration

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maugrim posted:

Pfffft fine, I'll put you all at "no read" for the next iteration

That’s working in the wrong direction!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Maugrim do I only think it's Bif again because Hal is posting right now?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Hal could have hammered when we were both voting Bif before, but maybe he wasn't around before I unvoted.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Has Bif been saying anything new in the masonry that's changed anything?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Johnny Keats posted:

Hal could have hammered when we were both voting Bif before, but maybe he wasn't around before I unvoted.

I wasn’t around, but I probably would have hammered if I was, because I doubt I am going to switch off bif today barring someone providing a compelling reason for you to be scum.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Hal Incandenza posted:

I chose my shih-na role from Ace Attorney Investigations which had all sorts of cool scum interactions that were super-specific to that game and I rolled the dice that it might do something cool in this game but all I ended up as was town godfather too

This game is from 2012 and Google can't find it so I dunno what witchcraft Cube worked to give you that role

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maugrim posted:

This game is from 2012 and Google can't find it so I dunno what witchcraft Cube worked to give you that role

Bif found it and linked it a bit ago

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Johnny Keats posted:

Has Bif been saying anything new in the masonry that's changed anything?

Nothing to change anything, but she is certainly putting in some effort to sell her towniness if she's scum, which is why I'm giving this a proper try

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess I could also be swayed by a compelling reason why bif is town as well, but I haven’t come across that yet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maugrim posted:

Also I have every role PM from the pre-discord days so it helped that I could send him the actual role

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mycelia posted:

I really should look up Bif's role, huh. I can make an educated guess at this point...

This is a bit of a weird post if mycelia was scum with bif

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

mycelia posted:

scribbling "don't...hammer...Josef" with a crayon on a legal pad

Lol

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

What time is it in Bif land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Is there any time that all 4 of us are around?