Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

This is my favorite nonanswer from the AMA.

It means yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

a7m2 posted:

It means yes

Luigi wasn't in Super Mario 64 though so there would be precedence for his abscence

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
My faith in ARMS never failed or faltered. I am glad others are seeing the light.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

even if its producer killed a man on stage today

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

even if its producer killed a man on stage today

You must respect his power

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I fear it

What's to stop him from using his power against us

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

TFRazorsaw posted:

I fear it

What's to stop him from using his power against us

Just don't get too good and you should be fine. After all "The nail that sticks out shall be whammered down."

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZMNhZwN9rc

Blunty talkin' 'bout some gitchy new Switch gear.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
So in Japan, Hori has a keyboard coming out. But as the Verge points out, it has a critical flaw: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/6/15/15807000/hori-nintendo-switch-keyboard-better-idea

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Don't expect VC to be announced today. They have no plan at the moment.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/15/e3-2017-nintendo-on-switch-virtual-console-we-recognize-theres-an-appetite

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Mr President posted:

Luigi wasn't in Super Mario 64 though so there would be precedence for his abscence
He was reconned into the game in the DS port though.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

So in a choice between doing it right with accounts that can track purchases going forward and not doing it at all, they came down on not at all.

Probably focus testing how much more money they could make doing a SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U and Switch mini. Maybe they will go hog wild and do Gameboy/DS mini's as well. :shepspends:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
They've had a virtual console on the last 3 systems they've released in the last decade. The Switch will get virtual console eventually and then we can all listen to people complain about the pricing, release selection, and release speed and all will be right in the world.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Virtual Console will be next E3's big announcement, once hype around the Switch has tailed off and the consoles are readily available to buy in stores.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I'm betting they're going to push the "Netflix, but for your favorite childhood NES games!" angle super hard to a broader audience with the Online Service, so they probably don't want to confuse the message. I think the success (and prompt discontinuation) of the NES Classic points to this. Not to say we won't eventually see VC, but they may see NESflix as a system seller.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 15, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kinda crazy Sega did it over 20 years ago with the Sega channel

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sega are visionaries, just look at their official magazine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

NofrikinfuN posted:

So in a choice between doing it right with accounts that can track purchases going forward and not doing it at all, they came down on not at all.

Probably focus testing how much more money they could make doing a SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U and Switch mini. Maybe they will go hog wild and do Gameboy/DS mini's as well. :shepspends:

Part of it is probably controller logistics. It's fine with a JoyCon pair for anything up to N64, but a sole JoyCon's missing a Select button for SNES games, nevermind N64 ones.

Also a DS Mini starts and ends with an X-in-one 3DS cart with a baked-in menu.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Videogames are cool

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

VideoGames, however...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
e: lol I'm dum

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Videogames are cool
:yeah:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kashuno posted:

Videogames are cool

If u think about it all games have 'video'

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

If u think about it all games have 'video'

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Scholtz posted:

VideoGames, however...

Reported.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Kinda crazy Sega did it over 20 years ago with the Sega channel

The Sega Channel was the most amazing thing I had as a kid. So many games every month, my parents never had to worry about buying me games because I had new games every month and since the games were short I could beat at least some of the ones I wanted to and then just wait for them to come back around. I had put down my Nintendo consoles for a time simply because Sega Channel was so great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ARMS comes out tomorrow! Remember to buy it digitally!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pic an avatar and stick with it

Christ

CHRIST

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If it's anything like the last major Nintendo releases, it'll be out in just over an hour in Australia :frogc00l:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No can do, friendo. I gotta get me an ARMS magnet and boxing glove keychain :smuggo:.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Infinitum posted:

Christ

CHRIST

You can't make him. He's gone... Rogue.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
well that was fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcsVQB1NAA

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

!!!!!!!! This is getting downloaded today

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Uhhhh ok so I posted the partial release list on Tuesday, NOE's site only had 3 games listed (all for Switch, nothing for WiiU or 3DS). The eShop should be updated now, and there's still only 3 things listed. :effort:

I know that there's a big retail release this week but I sincerely hope they have something dropping today that'll be announced on Treehouse Live or something.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Christ

CHRIST

I can't!!! I have yet to wear something that I adore :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CHRIST

http://i.imgur.com/oaEwDG5.mp4

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

This game would look really good if all of the ubisoft horse poo poo was taken out.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

o...oh

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I really can't stand rabbids which sucks since the core gameplay looks fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Were any new games announced yesterday besides for that sushi game?

• Locked thread