Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My unpopular opinion / conspiracy theory is that Ashcroft's book and particularly his claims about Cameron in particular were part of a calculated scheme to guarantee the referendum for Leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Personally I blame years and years of poo poo tabloid bile against Europe and the very idea of foreign people existing in general. People didn't like or respect Cameron long before pigfuckgate.

Cameron's a loving idiot for promising a referendum he didn't want in order to court UKIP votes and then losing it though. Hoist petard etc.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
To relate it to UK TV, I feel that Cameron ought to have had Jeremy Clarkson out for Remain from the moment Boris Johnson said he was behind Leave. It might have been a good countermeasure to Boris. People like Clarkson in the same way they like Johnson ("He's just such a classic legend, mate!").

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wheat Loaf posted:

My unpopular opinion / conspiracy theory is that Ashcroft's book and particularly his claims about Cameron in particular were part of a calculated scheme to guarantee the referendum for Leave.

My favourite part about the whole thing was regardless of whether it happened or not, the general opinion was 'well, that seems like the kind of thing he'd do...'

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EL BROMANCE posted:

My favourite part about the whole thing was regardless of whether it happened or not, the general opinion was 'well, that seems like the kind of thing he'd do...'

Heh, true.

If you'd told me at the start of the year that David Cameron could possibly have shagged a dead pig and Ian Paisley Jr. would be encouraging people to get Irish passports, the former would definitely have been a lot more believable.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Now that story isn't true, but I think that what it tells us about Cameron is true.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The latest taskmaster episode was great, just gonne say it.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Julio Cruz posted:

I want another Touch of Cloth.

I'm sure he mentioned making another.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

thehustler posted:

Jesus Christ episode 3 was just amazing. I have no other content to add, sorry.
Just watched ep1 (liked it), is ep3 it worth skipping ep2 for? Reply immediately, my next hours monging entertainment rely on you internet!

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Taear posted:

I'm sure he mentioned making another.

By all accounts they filmed another and it's sitting in Sky's vaults waiting for the never-never time for it to air.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Seaside Loafer posted:

Just watched ep1 (liked it), is ep3 it worth skipping ep2 for? Reply immediately, my next hours monging entertainment rely on you internet!

The order you watch them in really doesn't make a difference this isn't a drama serial go wild.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

To relate it to UK TV, I feel that Cameron ought to have had Jeremy Clarkson out for Remain from the moment Boris Johnson said he was behind Leave. It might have been a good countermeasure to Boris. People like Clarkson in the same way they like Johnson ("He's just such a classic legend, mate!").

This is really true IMO. No-one believed me jezzer was pro-EU.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In any event, I bet Clarkson feels a bit silly for not getting more involved now that May and Hammond are in charge of the country.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Mr Phillby posted:

The order you watch them in really doesn't make a difference this isn't a drama serial go wild.
Well I watched 3&4, gently caress me thats some good quality telly.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Where's all the Strictly chat?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Charlie Brooker is at his best when channeling his own despair and desperation directly into his work, so his peak was when he wrote for PC Zone.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PC Zone was the goddamned best.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

On Black Mirror, did anyone spot the Bioshock reference in episode 2?
"Would you kindly open the door...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Jimmy Perry. :(

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

In any event, I bet Clarkson feels a bit silly for not getting more involved now that May and Hammond are in charge of the country.

I don't think this got enough attention. :tipshat:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Sandi Toskvig is an excellent presenter of QI and actually better than Stephen so far.

This is my controversial opinion of the day.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 23, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rondette posted:

I just read a listicle about Brooker and one of the entries is about his choice to leave his critic days behind him-

http://mentalfloss.com/uk/people/47431/8-unconventional-things-about-charlie-brooker

And look at him soar now WOOOOOAH.
Joking, he should have stuck with it, it was his best stick and everyone in the UK loves a grumpy complaining bastard.
99% of our comedy is this.

Wheat Loaf posted:

RIP Jimmy Perry. :(

He didn't like it up him. :(

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

happyhippy posted:

And look at him soar now WOOOOOAH.
Joking, he should have stuck with it, it was his best stick and everyone in the UK loves a grumpy complaining bastard.
99% of our comedy is this.

Especially when he's so good at it.

For example, one of his TV review columns detailing his plan to enact a mass suicide off the coast of Love Island so the cameras can be rolling when bodies start washing up on the beach.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Can of Worms, the latest red dwarf episode is by far the best one this season. like really good.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Is it just me, or have most of the episodes of Red Dwarf XI so far ended really abruptly? I've not seen Can of Worms yet, but Give & Take is the only one so far that felt like it had a "natural" ending.

Taskmaster is amazing, as ever. Al Murray pointing out the morse code with the balloons was brilliant, although I'm sure someone will come along and say that it didn't actually say that in morse code ;)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Everyone should be watching the sas programme.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry I'm not

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
With the rest of the Bakeoff contestants?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

With the rest of the Bakeoff contestants?

I imagine the rest of the contestants have no interest in associating with him

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

Ive only just watched episode 1

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

GazChap posted:

Is it just me, or have most of the episodes of Red Dwarf XI so far ended really abruptly? I've not seen Can of Worms yet, but Give & Take is the only one so far that felt like it had a "natural" ending.

Not just you. The pacing feels off. It's 20 minutes of build up and Kryten explaining the plot, little bit of action, then it's over.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Just watched the first episode, the oldest guy's story in the interrogation room really got to me. :(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is anyone still watching The Fall? Feels like it's turned into an absolute slog to watch with this series' contrived amnesia plot.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

What's the threads (and Taff's) opinion on Alex Jones? I think she's terrible.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

she's a beautiful little flower

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

Is anyone still watching The Fall? Feels like it's turned into an absolute slog to watch with this series' contrived amnesia plot.

I keep forgetting to watch it.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

PriorMarcus posted:

she has a bit of 'head girl' about her which i don't like, much like fiona bruce

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

PriorMarcus posted:

I'd love to sit on her sofa and discuss my latest book release, and watch a video on moths

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I can't watch Bakeoff until tomorrow night - wonder if I'll be able to go 24 hours without accidentally finding out the winner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pissflaps posted:

I can't watch Bakeoff until tomorrow night - wonder if I'll be able to go 24 hours without accidentally finding out the winner?

Will you be able to do so while also making ~35 posts on here?