Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So what you guys are saying is that I do eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

What a lovely transhumanist, I thought the whole point was that technology was gonna get rid of our garbage bodies anyways

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the only kind of bullying i support is against nazis and transhumanists

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Low Desert Punk posted:

the only kind of bullying i support is against nazis and transhumanists

Bully the bullies. But then you yourself become the bully. And it's a vicious circle.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

change my name posted:

What a lovely transhumanist, I thought the whole point was that technology was gonna get rid of our garbage bodies anyways

"Technology will make me a robo-werecat, but gender is defined solely by genes. Rationalism!"

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Transhumanists (or at least the ones congregating on LessWrong/RationalWiki) once again proving that while their views might not be the most abhorrent compared to certain internet subcultures, they will always be #1 in punchability.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There was a pretty incredible NY Times Magazine piece on the transhumanists a few days ago. My favorite part was the guy who's remaining abstinent until the gently caress robots are available.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Henchman of Santa posted:

There was a pretty incredible NY Times Magazine piece on the transhumanists a few days ago. My favorite part was the guy who's remaining abstinent until the gently caress robots are available.

I assume that's not really a choice for him.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cptn_dr posted:

I assume that's not really a choice for him.

I'm pretty sure sentient sex robots will still have standards.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm pretty sure sentient sex robots will still have standards.

Access denied.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
where i work there's only female and gender neutral bathrooms. Add in the woman who's pepper sprayed men for using the gender neutral bathroom then there's only female bathrooms.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FAROOQ posted:

where i work there's only female and gender neutral bathrooms. Add in the woman who's pepper sprayed men for using the gender neutral bathroom then there's only female bathrooms.

The stdh.txt thread is thattaway.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

FAROOQ posted:

I remember when I used to think it was cool to lie on the internet.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FAROOQ posted:

You work from home

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

FAROOQ posted:

You got pepper sprayed because you're a creep, hth.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cptn_dr posted:

FAROOQ confirmed as literally Al Bundy.

"I don't know when they started letting women carry shotguns..."

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

cptn_dr posted:

don't misgender me.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FAROOQ posted:

don't misgender me.

Creep is a gender now?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

This guy is too old to be a stupid piece of poo poo.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Ah yes, the decision of whether or not to become transgender that everyone faces

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm tired. Someone else wanna rip this one apart?

(title is "what women pretend to be equality").

I went to a Starbucks once that had this exact bathroom situation. They were also both bathrooms with only one toilet which made it even more confusing. I guess for women to have a toilet where there's not going to be piss on the toilet seat?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Baron Corbyn posted:

I went to a Starbucks once that had this exact bathroom situation. They were also both bathrooms with only one toilet which made it even more confusing. I guess for women to have a toilet where there's not going to be piss on the toilet seat?

Maybe there's some regulation about having a designated restroom for women? Or they had a women's, a unisex family one, and the men's was somewhere else all together and you just never saw it.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Ah yes, the "decision" i came to when i was in preschool before i even knew the words for it.
Thank you, internet savant with access to a meme generator. If only you could have shown me my error earlier in life.
:rolleye:

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Creep is a gender now?

this is PYF

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

FAROOQ will you be my friend?

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
sure

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

You seem like you need a friend.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

I like you.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
*doublepost shenanigans*

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BigglesSWE posted:

This guy is too old to be a stupid piece of poo poo.

You're never too old to be a stupid piece of poo poo.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

You seem like you need a friend.

I have a fulfilling social life. PYF is not part of that and deserves mockery.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

don't misgender pyf

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I've seen ones where it is reversed. (one toilet is men only, and the other is men/women)

The men only toilet was just a single urinal, and the unisex one was a proper sit down toilet.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Seems like this thread needs some more content. Here's the Department of Education failing to spell W. E. B. Du Bois.

https://twitter.com/usedgov/status/830774712846348288

e: upon realizing their error, in a now-corrected tweet, the Dept expressed their "deepest apologizes."

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Feb 13, 2017

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Bachelor taxes and "being male" taxes already exist.

What's the practical difference between:

a. bachelor taxes: married people are taxed at 20%, bachelors are taxed at 30%.

b. the current situation: everyone is taxed at 30% but married people get a 10 percentage point tax break, leading to an effective tax of 20% if you're married.

Answer: there is no practical difference between bachelor taxes (scenario a) and the current situation (scenario b). In both scenarios, everyone pays the exact same amount. Hence, bachelor taxes already effectively exist.

(Yes, I made up the tax % numbers. Feel free to plug in the actual numbers, the principle will still hold.)

So, what have we learned? It's that you can make a select group of people (bachelors in this case) pay higher taxes. You do this by giving everyone-but-that-group (married people in this case) tax breaks.

Instead of giving everyone-but-that-group tax breaks, you can also give everyone-but-the-group free government services. What's the practical difference between:

a. "being male" taxes: women are taxed at 20%, men are taxed at 30%.

b. the current situation: everyone is taxed at 30% yet only women get access to women's shelters and other government services. If you subtract the value of these government services, then women's actual tax rate is 20%.

Again, the answer is: there is no practical difference between bachelor taxes (scenario a) and the current situation (scenario b). In both scenarios, everyone pays the exact same amount. Hence, "being male" taxes already effectively exist.

Finally, there's more shocking news: it's much easier than you'd think to raise "bachelor taxes." You simply raise taxes for everyone and increase the tax breaks for non-bachelors i.e. married people. There, done. If you want to be extra sneaky, you can even raise specific taxes such as cigarette taxes, rather than general taxes.

tl;dr: bachelor taxes and "being male" taxes already exist.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Seems like this thread needs some more content. Here's the Department of Education failing to spell W. E. B. Du Bois.

https://twitter.com/usedgov/status/830774712846348288

Is the Department of Education sponsored by Snapchat now? :psyduck:

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

Some of you may have seen this before, but here are a series of comments from a single poster on a review of the movie S1m0ne. Go get a sandwich; this is a long, wild ride:

You can hear his mom in the background yelling "Just use the rubbr glovs I bought you and LOAD THE drat DISHWASHR, BRIAN!"

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
This is great because it's the exact expression everybody makes when a vegan says "namaste".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dejawesp posted:

Really? They're pretty nice over here.

Bull-loving-poo poo! After having to clean bathrooms throughout high school, I can confidently say women's restrooms are more disgusting than men's.