Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Five years in, just starting to figure out how cargo will work. Sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

been getting some interesting reports today.

:lol::lol::lol:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Daztek posted:

and the best part

Star Citizen: layer in the fidelity over time

Layer in the fidelity over time. Amazing, just amazing.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

and the best part

They are layering something in there alright.

And lol, the cargo is completely abstract right now, if it even exists.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Daztek posted:

and the best part

Pipelines and subsumption AND layers at work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Happy Sir Patrick's Day, thread

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Five years in, just starting to figure out how cargo will work. Sounds about right.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hello dear forum.

You are doing a great job, keep it up.

I would like to submit the following question for the next "Ten for the Beerman"

I was wondering if I will be able to buy golf course holes modules for one of my (I have 4! :) ) Endeavor spaceship so that I could host golf tournaments and look to get them sponsored by the different companies that make scanning equipment for ships.

I would use my news van ship to provide coverage so that the scan equipment companies would get great exposure throughout any systems that would take the coverage.

I would also use my 3 Starliners to bring passagers to the event, and host VIP's on my 890 Jump.

Thanks.

Also, do the Vanduul play golf?

Thanks again.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov posted:

Pipelines and subsumption AND layers at work.

So, what sort of vile crap do they have to get rid of that they are injecting it 2 kms underground?

Is it star citizen?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Daztek posted:

Hmm, I wonder how far along they are with cargo!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5zz795/will_maiden_on_spectrum_unplanned_qa_about_cargo/

http://imgur.com/3RFA2I1

"could be" "want to" "we're looking at"

:allears:

"i'm writing the smuggling design next"

:allears:

So basically it's going to be just like elite dangerous. Gotcha.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kosumo posted:

I don't think you understand, no one is working on it, it just naturally happened when a group of Chris Roberts programmed NPC A.I. had some spare time after they had finish sitting down at tables in the mess hall.

Plus any resources put into teaching the NPC A.I. team sports helps them when they are working together to load a Hull - E for space trades.

Also, sports are a good way to get the simulated air in the simulated blood to move around the NPC A.I. simulated body to help keep it simulated healthy which will help to keep the NPC A.I.s simulated health insurance premiums down, next time the simulated doctor (or a player character, if that's your chosen field) sends their health check report to the simulated asessor.

You make it sound like it was some spare of the moment half baked dream that some guy just came out with while waving his hands around. (IT IS NOT A JOKE) Just do it.

This is actually called the Scam Singularity, when mankind designs AI that can make scams better than we can that we might not even understand.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kosumo posted:

Hello dear forum.

You are doing a great job, keep it up.

I would like to submit the following question for the next "Ten for the Beerman"

I was wondering if I will be able to buy golf course holes modules for one of my (I have 4! :) ) Endeavor spaceship so that I could host golf tournaments and look to get them sponsored by the different companies that make scanning equipment for ships.

I would use my news van ship to provide coverage so that the scan equipment companies would get great exposure throughout any systems that would take the coverage.

I would also use my 3 Starliners to bring passagers to the event, and host VIP's on my 890 Jump.

Thanks.

Also, do the Vanduul play golf?

Thanks again.

We're in the process of creating EVOGolf which will be a zero-gravity adaptation of the beloved terrestrial sport. The Endeavor is a PERFECT ship for this, as the combination of observation domes and alien-inspired geometry will provide challenging courses for golfers as they fire their plasma spheroids through the various courses. Genesis Starliners and 890 Jumps are a common sight along the Master's Tournament where the greatest ever to play the game compete for the coveted Green Space Suit, and of course the event is broadcast across the 'Verse; everyone on the Spectrum loves EVOGolf! Sponsorship is something we're considering but having nailed down yet; we're expecting something similar to the racing circuit but it's early days so you'll have to see!

The Vanduul play a variation of EVOGolf where the spheroid is replaced by the plasma-scorched skulls of their enemies.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Daztek posted:

and the best part

Fidelity piled high.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nawledgelambo posted:

how are these people so god damned dumb that it takes one AtV of "we're still very early WIP on pretty much everything you can fly to" then show more spaceships at the end for them to be "Praise CIG!!!! everything is well and fine!!! We're saved from our transgressions of doubt and uncertainty!!!!"

Non sarcastic answer: There is a correlation between the level of dismay/despair/doubt and the level of reaction toward anything considered positive.

When it gets to the point where it's actually weird and doesn't make much sense that backers are jubilant over literally nothing then you can start speculating that the jubilant response is out of necessity and isn't actually in response to and is completely separate from what they are reacting to.

We are firmly in the territory of faith based reasoning so they've been starting to listen to the people telling them their preacher is scamming them, but the preacher just cured someones blindness by slapping them and they are crying like newborn babies at the emotion involved with feeling vindicated and relief from the bad feelings of doubt. It isn't about jerry that got smacked in the chops and is saying he can see again at all.

Basically just as sad and crazy as anything else involved with the broke brains who have given $145,000,000 to a con man.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

his nibs posted:

welcome to my world derek

cucumbers :negative:

Please dont do that to your cat. The reason they have this reaction is that a cucumbers on the floor look like a snakes to them, one of their natural predator in the wild.

The human equivalents would be dressing up as a knife wielding mugger and sneaking behind you while you eat.

If you cant capture and resell cargo due to <DREAMS.JPG> then you cant have pirates or privaters.

Congratulation, you just invalidated 10% of your lore, the whole reason Grim Hex exist, 4-5 concept ships sold as "ideal pirate ships", removed a reason for boarding parties and turned your "pirate factions" into Reavers erzats that kill for no reasons.

<slow clap>

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

quote:

Oh nvm, just locked. Silly me.

Nope, not that either. Latest patch from last week enables the defense vehicles; next patch allows user (non-dev) control. It's called progress because, you know, we have like a schedule and everything.

And yeah, silly you. LoD is more of a game now, than Star Citizen will ever aspire to be.

:lol::lol:

Well good for you! I know it was an overdue promise, but glad to see you making progress.

Just a question: are vehicles still controlled as an attachment to the camera editor or do they have true freedom of movement now?

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 17, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well good for you! I know it was an overdue promise, but glad to see you making progress.

Just a question: are vehicles still controlled as an attachment to the camera editor or do they have true freedom of movement now?

As one of the leading experts of giving Derek poo poo i want to caution you against your stance of ":smug: How are your actual game mechanics measuring up to my non existent game mechanics"

pong is better than star citizen by virtue of it existing. There is zero ground to throw shade at any existing game in defense star citizen.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

:ironicat:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

So, what sort of vile crap do they have to get rid of that they are injecting it 2 kms underground?

Hydraulic fracturing mud.

It's the thing that they use to totally prove that fracking is safe because God put in 'Impermeable Seal' at the same level everywhere.

Sink holes are hoaxes.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Daztek posted:

and the best part

Gah. Will's my old college buddy I've referenced here before - I'd always hoped he hadn't been infected by Crobblers fidelibollocks but looks like my hopes have been dashed.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

While I want for my NPC to use fracking mud while mining, I can kick back and play some air hockey. Greatest game ever.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

GazChap posted:

Gah. Will's my old college buddy I've referenced here before - I'd always hoped he hadn't been infected by Crobblers fidelibollocks but looks like my hopes have been dashed.

i am truley sorry for your lots

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Space Crabs posted:

As one of the leading experts of giving Derek poo poo i want to caution you against your stance of ":smug: How are your actual game mechanics measuring up to my non existent game mechanics"

pong is better than star citizen by virtue of it existing. There is zero ground to throw shade at any existing game in defense star citizen.

buh buh buh the birds in the bush. There's so many...

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:smug: Ha. You ordered your steak medium rare and it's obviously more medium than medium rare. You loving idiot with your garbage food. Me? I've been chewing on this napkin for 5 years. It cost $8,000.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Not as funny when you realize how much of the mocap budget was wasted on it.

Do we know much does Andy Serkis' company charges, in relation to their competitors? I recall some goon upthread saying it's the priciest mocap facility around.

BeigeJacket fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 17, 2017

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Space Crabs posted:

:smug: Ha. You ordered your steak medium rare and it's obviously more medium than medium rare. You loving idiot with your garbage food. Me? I've been chewing on this napkin for 5 years. It cost $8,000.

a napkin layered with fidelity sprinkles

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
After a bit of St. Patty's day revelry, I believe I understand what Crobber is attempting. The subsumption is going to be key to the game. The AI is going to be brilliant. Some of the 9 million AI will be given the job of game developer. Set the AI loose and poof!! Star Citizen. Coming sometime after the 3.0 patch....

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

GazChap posted:

Please remind him that crates need to be able to efficiently store the limbless dismembered bodies of your captured slaves. I mean, I assume that's what layering in fidelity means, but just to be sure.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BeigeJacket posted:

Do we know much does Andy Serkis' company charges, in relations to their competitors? I recall some goon unthread saying it's the priceless mocap facility around.

last year in the discord and at some point in the old thread someone supposedly in the know was posting about it.

The imaginarium is the most expensive option possible, and they don't even let you in the door for less than $15,000,000 supposedly.

We know it had to be expensive because after the first round of shooting at the imaginarium Chris Roberts proudly declared they were building four of their own motion capture studios "to save on motion capture costs," which is where pictures of Sandi surrounded by 50 DSLRs came from.

Which is made even funnier by the fact they went back to the imaginarium for the entire last year, and are apparently still shooting there, without saying one word about it. Backers kinda gloss over it.

TheAgent and Eightace leaks put the cost at $29,000,000 in just shooting costs, later revised to $40,0000,000 and then later re-revised "to upwards of $60,000,000"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

aleksendr posted:

turned your "pirate factions" into Reavers erzats that kill for no reasons.
<slow clap>

This is how the shitizens see us so they are a perfect enemy for the honourable backer hero fantasy.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

"you know maybe during the 2015 soft reboot of the company when people were leaving and being fired and poo poo was hitting the fan"

Funny, he admits that poo poo was hitting the fan in 2015, but back in 2015 he was insisting everything was great and all a goon run FUD campaign.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Space Crabs posted:

Chris Roberts proudly declared they were building four of their own motion capture studios

I still want to know what happened to those four motion capture studios. Also, why four? What the gently caress?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XK posted:

I still want to know what happened to those four motion capture studios. Also, why four? What the gently caress?

They got star marine'd and/or refactored into a vacation

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Is that really a mod openly admitting /r/ds is a hate sub?

If that's true, then our worst fears are coming true: that sub will not last long :negative:

JugbandDude fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 17, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JugbandDude posted:

Is that really a mod openly admitting /r/ds is a hate sub?

If that's true, then our worst fears are coming true: that sub will not not last long :negative:

actually r/dereksmart is all goons that are just pretending to be really stupid stalkers to make star citizen look bad. It's part of Operation Ditzkreig but I've already said too much.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Space Crabs posted:

actually r/dereksmart is all goons that are just pretending to be really stupid stalkers to make star citizen look bad. It's part of Operation Ditzkreig but I've already said too much.

Typical goonie response: spreading your FUD with your reverse-inverse-puppetmaster defense.

I'm vindicated: the first 5000 dollars Bagel Carrier will be mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Space Crabs posted:

If only goons were that smart