Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Arrath posted:

:agreed:

Now, BTB with 'hogs and tanks? Yes fuckin please.

I feel like if this came back, the PlayerUnknown team would be like "tanks you say"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

My guess is a kinda of PvE/PvP scenario.

Division did this and it sucked rear end

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Waffle House posted:

I think you can only buy the expansions separately when they come out. They didn't sell like...only CoO or Warminds afaik when D2 dropped, it was just like

D2 Vanilla=> D2 Digital Deluxe or whatever => +Optionally Season Pass

Yep that all rings a bell. I must have bought the season pass when Osiris was released. I was just able to "pre-order" Warmind for free, and a countdown popped up.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Exotic masterworks armor is coming next week too, hell yeah

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Ahh yes. Bungie tightening
the screws even harder on people with multiple of the same character.

"No!" says the man at bungie. "You must have one of each".

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blind Rasputin posted:

A mode completely new to FPS? It’s no weapons it’s just talk it out.

Press X to shake hands.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Finally some heroic modifiers. Blackout sounds kind of cool.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Every time I think of an fps pvp concept it's been done.

Wonder wtf they're doing. Hope it doesnt suck.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
its 3v3 Team Fortress but with 3 classes and a limit to 1 each

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Maybe it's some kind of bullshit quasi-asynchronous thing, like the new Monster Hunter has that "raid boss" that requires multiple teams to fight it simultaneously in different instances to stack up damage and unlock newer phases to progress further in the fight. It's something that requires a real time investment and has a larger loot chase than regular battles. A lot of those mobile games have that kind of gimmick and I can't think of an FPS that's tried it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Its sparrow racing.

WITH GUNZ

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

PathAsc posted:

Exotic masterworks armor is coming next week too, hell yeah

Source???

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

CheeseFactory posted:

Its sparrow racing.

WITH GUNZ

I really want Sparrow racing back :(

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

Its sparrow racing.

WITH GUNZ

Rocket Races in Halo were so drat much fun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

It's a PvP game mode where you have to kill the first born male child of each household.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

It's a PvP game mode where you have to kill the first born male child of each household.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 4, 2018

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Its PUBG but with 12 people on the Pacifica map

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

TWAB

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Maybe it's some kind of bullshit quasi-asynchronous thing, like the new Monster Hunter has that "raid boss" that requires multiple teams to fight it simultaneously in different instances to stack up damage and unlock newer phases to progress further in the fight. It's something that requires a real time investment and has a larger loot chase than regular battles. A lot of those mobile games have that kind of gimmick and I can't think of an FPS that's tried it.

Could be interesting.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

That whole TWAB is p good, the legendary Xur strike card thing is interestiiiiing

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Very curious as to where you think you're seeing that. The last roadmap pegged armor masterworks for summer.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
So we're getting Rasputin, Charlemagne, a worm god and Nokris in just one small expansion? What are they saving for Destiny 3?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

elpaganoescapa posted:

So we're getting Rasputin, Charlemagne, a worm god and Nokris in just one small expansion? What are they saving for Destiny 3?

Cosmetics

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

the good fax machine posted:

Very curious as to where you think you're seeing that. The last roadmap pegged armor masterworks for summer.

quote:

Destiny Update 1.2.0 Known Issues
Prior to the release of Update 1.2.0, the following issues have been identified and are currently under investigation:

Anti-Extinction Greaves: The female Titan’s Dead Orbit leg armor piece, Anti-Extinction Greaves, may display a small visual issue.
Exotic Masterworks: Once upgraded to a Masterwork, an Exotic weapon or armor piece will not display as a Masterwork when viewed from an Exotic engram preview.
Strike Playlist: Players are not able to matchmake into strikes from an expansion they do not own. Players will receive a prompt to purchase the needed expansion if they attempt to join a fireteam of players who own an expansion that they do not own themselves.
Warmind:
Some quest items in the Warmind campaign may not show up in the loot stream of all fireteam members. However, the quest item should still be added to the inventories of all fireteam members.
If players have a full engram inventory, they may not be able to accept some vendor quest items until they make space in their inventory.
Exotic Armor Tooltips: We are aware of an issue in which the perk text on Warmind Exotic armor tooltips appears in a different color than on similar gear pieces. This does NOT mean that players need to unlock these perks to be able to access them.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Darci sucks. Do we know what's happening to it yet? I felt inspired to use it but it sucks

https://youtu.be/XiusvL_8kLE

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

el B posted:

Darci sucks. Do we know what's happening to it yet? I felt inspired to use it but it sucks

https://youtu.be/XiusvL_8kLE

From that same TWAB:

Look at that. Drag sniping buff. ¯\_(ツ)>

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
The scope is so atrocious though

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I think you gotta drag snipe and pull the trigger when you feel it slow down cause you can't see poo poo through that.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:thunk:

I feel like they probably would have made a much bigger deal about it if masterwork armor were also part of this update. I'd love to be wrong though. Guess we'll find out for sure in a few days.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

Ahh yes. Bungie tightening
the screws even harder on people with multiple of the same character.

"No!" says the man at bungie. "You must have one of each".

They got angry with the guy who ran VoG 8 times a week until he dropped off the boots for all his characters.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

the good fax machine posted:

:thunk:

I feel like they probably would have made a much bigger deal about it if masterwork armor were also part of this update. I'd love to be wrong though. Guess we'll find out for sure in a few days.

it's definitely possible that they forgot this was an issue exclusive to an internal build where they did have masterwork armor, but i'm still hopeful

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
currently in d2 matchmaking - two six-stacks queued at the same time. for some reason, bungie will not match them against each other.

lmao yeah there are like 5 six-stacks currently queueing at the same time but for some reason never being matched against each other

stay tuned for the totally real fix bungie will add come this wednesday

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 4, 2018

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

currently in d2 matchmaking - two six-stacks queued at the same time. for some reason, bungie will not match them against each other.

lmao yeah there are like 5 six-stacks currently queueing at the same time but for some reason never being matched against each other

stay tuned for the totally real fix bungie will add come this wednesday

you sound upset, perhaps you should try playing this game with friends

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sbmm is cool and good, you should just git güd

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm better than you two thumbless fuckers and your twenty least handicapped friends combined

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
god forbid you don't want to wrangle up five twitch streamers so you can grind that last six percent of melee kills

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

god forbid you don't want to wrangle up five twitch streamers so you can grind that last six percent of melee kills

pretty much, the matchmaking varies from merely okay to loving terrible and unfun

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
i havent played PvP for prob a year other than the odd game here and there and the occasional pissed up trials.

I would wear out my controller for a battle royale mode on an appropriately sized map. It would loving rule.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I am better with linear fusions than sniper rifles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm better than you two thumbless fuckers and your twenty least handicapped friends combined

fite me