Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

I wasn't expecting Oscar Isaac to be doing an English accent for the role.

He won’t be the whole time. Steven Grant is just one of Moon Knight’s identities, and not the main one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, there's a solid chance Marc Spector doesn't sound like that. I wonder if they do Jake as well?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Starsnostars posted:

I wasn't expecting Oscar Isaac to be doing an English accent for the role.

I wasn’t expecting him to go full Dick van Dyke for it, holy lols.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Jake is deffo 'Brooklyn Cabbie' all the way, which oughta be easy for him since he and his family live in Williamsburg.

Unless they want to make him 'typical Uber driver.'

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I find it hard to get a good feel for the show from the trailer because the editing is so overbearing. I'm getting really bad 'generic Hollywood thriller' vibes from this, but that could just be the edit. I guess I'm pessimistic on the show as a whole now, which is a shame but it's not my fault the trailer sucks.

I actually think the costume looks pretty good. The texture of the face is a little flat, but other than that it's solid.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

I would really enjoy it if it went up it's own rear end a bit and did not explain too much, which is some of the vibe im getting from the trailer

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, there's a solid chance Marc Spector doesn't sound like that. I wonder if they do Jake as well?

You can hear him without the accent at least once in the trailer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The trailer looks like its almost entirely the first episode or 2.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Moon Knight opening with Steve Grant discovering he's Moon Knight is pretty brilliant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

The trailer looks like its almost entirely the first episode or 2.

Hopefully, anyway.

I don't want to see them drag out the Moon Knight suit up too long.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

You can hear him without the accent at least once in the trailer.

Notably when he’s kicking the mirror. It’s also the only time the closed captions refer to him as Marc instead of Steven.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Have none of you watched the D+ shows so far? He isn't putting that suit on until the last episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Moon Knight outside the suit is a lovely, probably offensive depiction of mental illness.

Inside the suit he's still a lovely depiction but also he punches people.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I dunno. Yelling at Dracula about his loving money is pretty cool

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The things I like about the comic costume are the particular colour of white/silver of the suit that almost shines and the perpetual shadow on his face from the overhang of the cowl, but those aren't realistic. Instead of this all-white costume that looks off-white, I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of some of his suits over the years that had actual silver or black elements.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

bunnyofdoom posted:

The show's finale is him buying a bunch of ketamine from the Power Broker

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

As someone who could care less about Moon Knight, the trailer got me interested. So it did its job I guess. Costume looks good for a fairly straightforward adaptation.

Still wondering what is Marvel's long term plan for all these new TV characters.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

iceyman posted:

As someone who could care less about Moon Knight, the trailer got me interested. So it did its job I guess. Costume looks good for a fairly straightforward adaptation.

Still wondering what is Marvel's long term plan for all these new TV characters.

Most of them seem to be centered around a New Avengers lineup and some kind of Dark Avengers, but there's definitely been some big synergy with the movies, I wouldn't be surprised if Moon Knight shows up in whatever Blade and Black Knight wind up doing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

The things I like about the comic costume are the particular colour of white/silver of the suit that almost shines and the perpetual shadow on his face from the overhang of the cowl, but those aren't realistic. Instead of this all-white costume that looks off-white, I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of some of his suits over the years that had actual silver or black elements.

I'm pretty sure we'll see the Mr. Knight costume too. Because that's a lot easier to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They need like 5 shows a year, that's the plan.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Most of them seem to be centered around a New Avengers lineup and some kind of Dark Avengers, but there's definitely been some big synergy with the movies, I wouldn't be surprised if Moon Knight shows up in whatever Blade and Black Knight wind up doing.

We are also slowly working towards a functional Young Avenger's roster.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

glitchwraith posted:

We are also slowly working towards a functional Young Avenger's roster.

That's what I meant with New Avengers, although who knows what they do with all the Defenders/extra characters like Sam

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

iceyman posted:

It might be related to covid tanking theater attendance for the next X number of years, Spiderman attendance notwithstanding.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bunnyofdoom posted:

Final episode should be him tracking down Dracula and he runs into Blade.

They beat up Dracula.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Turns out Dracula did owe him money, he just didn't know which personality.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
luke cage will help moon knight get money from dracula if mk helps cage with doom

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DOOM | CAGE | DRACULA | MOON KNIGHT

in the SHAKEDOWN THROWDOWN you've all been waiting for!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

We've got enough Midnight Sons for a thing, kinda makes me wonder how far we are from Elsa Bloodstone now.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I just want to watch Moon Knight fist fight a werewolf on TV. I've wanted to watch Moon Knight fist fight a werewolf on TV since 2006 and I hope Oscar Isaac will do that for me.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They should have made Moon Knight an 80s period piece, including making it look like it was made in the 80s, and called it Marc Spectre [sic]: Moon Knight.

The Fantastic Four should also be a 60s period piece, although it could just be set then like Mad Men.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Maltose posted:

I just want to watch Moon Knight fist fight a werewolf on TV. I've wanted to watch Moon Knight fist fight a werewolf on TV since 2006 and I hope Oscar Isaac will do that for me.

Best we cab do is a Frankenstein.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dollars to donuts he'll be punching a Gael Garcia Bernal werewolf before you know it. Honestly I'm surprised that it'll be the first time they're both on a project. Could have sworn Isaac was in Coco.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Well I don't want to spoil things for you but he's pummeling the poo poo out of some kinda wolf man (Anubis?) in that bathroom in the trailer.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
he plays a secondary villain in Moon Knight, RIP

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1483812340701274115

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
We still don't know the name of Ethan Hawke's character, do we? It's gotta be a radical interpretation of an existing character, right? If it was a new character they'd just tell us the name, and if it was a normal rendition of an established character, we'd be able to figure it out?

Who was that Sun worshipper who was a villain and then an ally in one of the post Ellis runs that almost no one read? Could it be him? he's got a cult thing going on in the teaser.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It says his name in the subtitles but I can't remember what it was

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ethan Hawke looks weird clean shaven.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

We still don't know the name of Ethan Hawke's character, do we? It's gotta be a radical interpretation of an existing character, right? If it was a new character they'd just tell us the name, and if it was a normal rendition of an established character, we'd be able to figure it out?

Who was that Sun worshipper who was a villain and then an ally in one of the post Ellis runs that almost no one read? Could it be him? he's got a cult thing going on in the teaser.

The character's name in the show is Arthur Harrow so it seems like a cross between that character and Sun King.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Skwirl posted:

according to the subtitles for the trailer, it's Arthur Harrow, an obscure one-issue villain from 1985. guessing that he's either been amalgamated with other villain(s) or that this is an alias the character uses to obfuscate his true identity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

obfuscate his true identity

Is this where the Mephisto joke happens?