Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

skooma512 posted:

This is kind of sweet even though I'm not really that crazy about ST.

Although as of this last season aren't the entire main cast not even attending the high school? The younger kids haven't made it to HS yet and the older ones graduated.

I'm not a huge fan either to be honest, but I like the show just fine and thought the cap was cool so v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It's a boring purchase with a terrible product name, but this thing is a shaving gamechanger:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Closing on my house tomorrow, and it needed a dryer (literally has no dryer,) and I figured might as well get a W+D set because I have no info on the current washer that's there other than "old,"* and I had a few days left to still take advantage of Labor Day savings:

LG WM3770HVA washer and DLEX3570V dryer. From Costco, delivery and install included. Sicne I used my Costco CC, they also end up having a 4 year warranty.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Trabant posted:

It's a boring purchase with a terrible product name, but this thing is a shaving gamechanger:

I bought their beard grooming kit for my boyfriend, and he likes their stuff.

Personally, I can only weigh in on their lip balm, but they're great (Hell yeah Basil Lemon!)

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
After building a big rear end deck I bought a grill to put on it.

AP Knight
Nov 28, 2006

Intentionally Left Blank.

Trabant posted:

My wife just bought this for me. My life is now defined by two periods - pre shave lube and post shave lube. Makes shaving enjoyable.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

JEEVES420 posted:

After building a big rear end deck I bought a grill to put on it.

I've got a ~4 year old Weber gas grill and it's mostly been awesome and held up well (kept under a porch). My only complaint would be the plastic knobs have started to wear out on the backside where they contact the metal posts to adjust the gas flow. A++

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

I’ve been using Beard Lube for years, it’s good stuff but personally I still need to soften up the stubble with a shower first. Also that name is a bit confusing and I think has led to people using it as beard oil...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
A scalding hot rag on your face/neck will also do the trick if you don't want to shower first. I much prefer to shave then shower. Also a cool rag on the same places afterwards will stop redness and irritation pretty well.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bottom Liner posted:

A scalding hot rag on your face/neck will also do the trick if you don't want to shower first. I much prefer to shave then shower. Also a cool rag on the same places afterwards will stop redness and irritation pretty well.

Yeah I do this and it’s so relaxing if you have a nice soft towel. I also totally stopped irritation by giving up on the closest possible nanometer shave. I just use Mach 3 disposables and regular dove bar soap lathered up real nice. If I use Gillette mega close Mach 19 razors and crazy foamy whatever gel my face skin gets all lovely and breaks out.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

tangy yet delightful posted:

I've got a ~4 year old Weber gas grill and it's mostly been awesome and held up well (kept under a porch). My only complaint would be the plastic knobs have started to wear out on the backside where they contact the metal posts to adjust the gas flow. A++

I got you.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/care/gas-grill-replacement-parts/88848.html

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rolo posted:

Yeah I do this and it’s so relaxing if you have a nice soft towel. I also totally stopped irritation by giving up on the closest possible nanometer shave. I just use Mach 3 disposables and regular dove bar soap lathered up real nice. If I use Gillette mega close Mach 19 razors and crazy foamy whatever gel my face skin gets all lovely and breaks out.

*Bursts through the skylight*
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT SAFETY RAZORS
that you can't use in the shower without a special tray, I guess

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
My suction cup shower mirror has a Little grabby claw on the bottom that my merkur 38c sits on.

:3

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

I asked them about ordering replacement casters to replace the big "rough terrain" wheels on one side.

Webber posted:

For safety reasons, we do not recommend or assist in modifying our grills in any way. We only suggest using the grill the way it came out of the box.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks,
Weber Consumer Care Team

Weber-Stephen Products LLC

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Personally I don't think anyone should do their own beard any more than you should cut your own hair. Find a barber close to where you work and get the occasional $7 beard trim

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I shave with a cheap safety razor, Feather blades, and coconut oil. Granted I only shave like once a week and only my neck.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I have to be clean shaven for work :saddowns:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I appreciate it but I'll probably hold off on spending $28 on new knobs when these ones are still ok if a bit finnicky since the engagement surfaces have some slop to them.

Now someone go find custom Weber gas grill knobs that are machined from stainless steel or some poo poo like that (will probably be $200 for a set).

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Picking this up tonight at 9pm. Looking forward to some giggles, some co-op fun, and collecting phat l3wtz.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ChocNitty posted:

Picking this up tonight at 9pm. Looking forward to some giggles, some co-op fun, and collecting phat l3wtz.

As much as the first game was such a huge disappointment to me that I never played any of the followups, they really knocked it out of the park with that cover art.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
For what it's worth, the second game was a huge step up and I played the hell out of it, even recently dumped another 30-40 hours in prep for the 3rd. Aside from some jokes not aging well, it's still a drat fun time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

couldcareless posted:

For what it's worth, the second game was a huge step up and I played the hell out of it, even recently dumped another 30-40 hours in prep for the 3rd. Aside from some jokes not aging well, it's still a drat fun time.

Can you help me out with it, then?
I tried really hard to like it but even playing in co-op, I was not having much fun.
Enemies felt like massive bullet sponges, I never had enough ammo (and I'm pretty good at FPS games) and it felt like I was constantly backtracking.

Am I missing a critical element or is it maybe just not for me?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If you're doing a standard play through (not any of the increased difficulty newgame+ stuff), I don't know why you'd be having that much of a problem with it. You can easily make the bullet sponge argument for True Vault Hunter Mode, which can be incredibly miserable if you're not utilizing a slag and swap playstyle. The base game is a lot like Diablo where as you level, you should be looking at replacing gear when you can while also making skill choices that work with your playstyle. I've played all the classes and each of them play very differently as well, so maybe try a different class.

It also helps to obsessively open every container. There's a reason they use that neon green indicator on all containers, it catches your eye and you will train yourself to just go over and melee/open those things all the time. You should never run low on ammo if you keep that in mind.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hmm, I was doing all that but only tried the girl with the robot summon (and all skills to make that robot a monster).

Are you expected to redo the same missions a bunch or what? Felt like I was retreading ground over and over. Progress got super wonky when in co-op as well.

I'm willing to say that it's all my fault. I just want to be sure I'm not being dumb about something and missing out on a fun time.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

Can you report back if there are a bunch of unskippable/unplayable cutscenes. I would like to play this game but the multi-minute intro cutscene in BL2 made me scream.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Hmm, I was doing all that but only tried the girl with the robot summon (and all skills to make that robot a monster).

Are you expected to redo the same missions a bunch or what? Felt like I was retreading ground over and over. Progress got super wonky when in co-op as well.

I'm willing to say that it's all my fault. I just want to be sure I'm not being dumb about something and missing out on a fun time.

They’ve made some changes to the game which may make you enjoy it more than the previous game. The enemies are auto leveled, so killing enemies in the beginning areas will yield you good xp, and you wont have to run from high lvl enemies.

The game will be on Redbox in a few days, so you can test drive it first if u are playing on a console.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ChocNitty posted:

They’ve made some changes to the game which may make you enjoy it more than the previous game. The enemies are auto leveled, so killing enemies in the beginning areas will yield you good xp, and you wont have to run from high lvl enemies.

The game will be on Redbox in a few days, so you can test drive it first if u are playing on a console.

Thanks but I'm not interested in 3 at all. I'm just trying to make 2 work since I own the whole package.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I tried playing Borderlands GOTY edition in 2011 or something. Things were going ok and I did every single quest offered. When I got to the second boss I would just sit there and shoot him with my most powerful gun and his health didn't go down. I think I was meant to go back and grind until I leveled up more. That's poo poo since I already did every quest available at the time.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

I bought a new sweatshirt

and something to stick onto my hardhat

and a new oil pan for my truck since it's leaky

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Inzombiac posted:

It may just not be your (style of) game. Honestly, they're all pretty easy games right up until you hit Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, at which point it gets really loving hard.
I've played 1, 2, Pre-Sequel, and now BL3 and I don't think I've ever had to grind (though the transition at level 50 from True Vault Hunter to Ultimate did require some farming for a decent Slag weapon) or replay missions (I don't think you even can replay missions). If you upgrade your gear every level or three, put your skill points into useful skills, and remember to use your grenades/ultimate it should really be a cakewalk solo or co-op with people around your level. Grouping with people above your level is indeed wonky though and I get how that would be frustrating. Like couldcareless said, they made improvements in BL3 to address that.
There's a bit of backtracking in that there's a finite number of zones and you may get a few story missions and a half dozen side quests all in the same zone but that's not really backtracking IMO.

H110Hawk posted:

Can you report back if there are a bunch of unskippable/unplayable cutscenes. I would like to play this game but the multi-minute intro cutscene in BL2 made me scream.

I don't know about a bunch but I can confirm that the fairly long opening cutscene in 3 that ends with you picking a character is unskippable :( I don't really think of BL games as having tons of cut scenes though...every now and then in a story mission but it's not heavy on cutscenes like e.g. a Final Fantasy game by any means. But if you have zero tolerance for any unskippable cutscenes, BL3 will make you angry.

Mu Zeta posted:

I tried playing Borderlands GOTY edition in 2011 or something. Things were going ok and I did every single quest offered. When I got to the second boss I would just sit there and shoot him with my most powerful gun and his health didn't go down. I think I was meant to go back and grind until I leveled up more. That's poo poo since I already did every quest available at the time.

I think you must've been missing something or you were under geared, there's basically nothing that's a full-on bullet sponge until you hit Ultimate mode. There was probably a glowing spot on the boss you needed to hit to knock off armor or something in the environment you needed to shoot/interact with to make him vulnerable.

I'm not saying they're perfect games by any means and not everyone has to like them. But for the most part, the first playthrough of every Borderlands game is pretty dang accessible and I'm honestly surprised that so many people ran into problems with the gameplay/difficulty.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

I bought a used Nintendo Switch with a couple of games (Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Bros U, Mario Party) to see if I can still get bothered about video gaming. If not, at least it's nice for having people over.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Lawen posted:

But if you have zero tolerance for any unskippable cutscenes, BL3 will make you angry

:3:

The intro to Super Mario maker 2 makes me want to throw the controller at the screen.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Gearbox loves doing that for some reason. Brothers in Arms 3 was like 10 minutes of cutscenes before they let you shoot mans.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Fire Safety Doug posted:

If not, at least it's nice for having people over.

For that definitely try out Ultimate Chicken Horse, it's basically multiplayer Mario Maker where each round you each place a piece or obstacle on the level then race through it, it's hilarious and as devious as you want it to be. Killer Queen is also coming out this month, a very popular 10 player arcade game (5v5).

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

H110Hawk posted:

:3:

The intro to Super Mario maker 2 makes me want to throw the controller at the screen.

Just to be clear, there aren't any unskippable cut scenes when you launch the game or load a save. But there is a ~3 minute one when you start a new save/create a new character and I assume that other in-game cutscenes will be unskippable. Honestly though, I can't think of any long cutscenes after the initial one in BL2 or Pre-Sequel. Usually you just get a quick camera zoom and title card to introduce a boss and then you're back into the action.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bottom Liner posted:

For that definitely try out Ultimate Chicken Horse, it's basically multiplayer Mario Maker where each round you each place a piece or obstacle on the level then race through it, it's hilarious and as devious as you want it to be. Killer Queen is also coming out this month, a very popular 10 player arcade game (5v5).

I've played Killer Queen in barcades and it's amazing. How do you control it at home on the Switch? Cell phones?

EDIT "Play locally with up to 4 players, or up to 8 players by connecting two Nintendo Switch systems."

Extremely not cool :negative:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
OOoo I've enjoyed Killer Queens.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

I heart bacon posted:

I bought a new sweatshirt

and something to stick onto my hardhat

and a new oil pan for my truck since it's leaky

I was going to ask what the cartoon on the sticker was up to...

...Is that the goddamned demon core?? :stonklol:

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

I’ll check that out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CaptainCrunch posted:

I was going to ask what the cartoon on the sticker was up to...

...Is that the goddamned demon core?? :stonklol:

I'm assuming they work in a nuclear power plant.