Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

vulturesrow posted:

So how important is getting through the main quest? Is that what I should be focusing on?

Always focus on events first, once you have that cleared to your satisfaction then you can do the main story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

So how important is getting through the main quest? Is that what I should be focusing on?

Try to get it done by christmas but you're not in a super big rush otherwise.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vulturesrow posted:

Events usually get first priority because they typically give you the best return on getting materials, and usually will have a decent pile of XP items for sale as well. They're also limited time so you might as well do them while you can.

The main quest is theoretically fairly low on priority because it doesn't go away and you can do it whenever. You should focus on making steady progress through it, though, because many events will require you to have cleared a certain story chapter to participate. I forget what the NA events are requiring these days, but you'll want to try to work on catching up, which can be difficult with the constant event schedule.

If you're just starting I'd say a good first goal would be to try and put together a team capable of reliably doing the 40ap ember daily. Trying to level servants is really slow until you can do that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We have a near 2 week break with probably half ap story. Focus all your time on prisma to at least np2 Chloe with all ascension mats.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Spent way too much chasing the dream, because even if I don't use her (I would, I want a ST caster who is not Medea) I want to get Ilya because she's cute (and I'ld have the whole family except sad dad). Did get all three 4*s from NP 2 -> NP 4, plus D'eon from 1 ->3, plus vanilla Saber? Got NP 4 Altera, leveled Umu, Salter and Lily, plus unlevelled Sumanai for AoE Sabers alone. I thought I was just a dolphin, but things like this, Jalter and Jack all led me to realize I am a terrible whale and I need to hold myself back from spending even more on servants I want to get.

Really happy to have Chloe on board, my first ST gold Archer, and a real step up from Billy and Robin in that she does damage without crits, and doesn't have to rely on landing poison on enemies with magic resist. My expectations may be a little high right now tough, going to be sad when the event ends and she loses the absurd attack boost she gets for just existing.

After vacationing for two weeks without internet I was apparently purged from many people's friends lists. I now have ~18 slots to fill, and my servants are generally fairly strong, even if I do need to retool my support setup after this event is done since I haven't really since Summer 1. Code is 018,233,170. Please let me know in the thread so I don't refuse your request.

Also, controversial opinion time: Prillya is actually pretty good if you read the manga instead of watching the anime, IIRC. Same lore and interesting things, much less focus (and indeed less presence in general) on half naked prepubescent girls. Chloe still exists, but its not nearly as bad as like anything I've ever heard about the anime from the second season on.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kild posted:

Try to get it done by christmas but you're not in a super big rush otherwise.

And note that Christmas is in mid November.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Started playing the Friday before last, successfully completed all the missions in the event!

Complete random strangers with powerful characters accepting friends invites is great and the raid bosses giving me energy due to levelling up is also great and I suspect I will miss the latter next event.

My free starter character was EMIYA and he's basically getting ignored in favour of levelling Chloe. She murders people. I'm probably going to be sad when the event ends and she becomes less murderous.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The veteran whales also benefit from being befriended by complete newbies because that's a steady flow of FP for them when you use their Servants. So most of the time they're happy to accept such Friend requests... Until their friend list becomes full.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Theswarms posted:

My free starter character was EMIYA and he's basically getting ignored in favour of levelling Chloe. She murders people. I'm probably going to be sad when the event ends and she becomes less murderous.
Chloe is still very murderous after the event, just not +100% damage murderous. EMIYA is better after his strengthening quest which makes his buff skill not stupid.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah I used her to test run Royal Castle, since I plan on using her for 3 turning that place, and with full buffs (not even maxed out Projection, it's at level 5) from Waver and Mozart her NP hits for 200k+ damage on Gawain. She's only level 75 too, and I haven't event Fou'd her completely yet.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ashsaber posted:

Spent way too much chasing the dream, because even if I don't use her (I would, I want a ST caster who is not Medea) I want to get Ilya because she's cute (and I'ld have the whole family except sad dad). Did get all three 4*s from NP 2 -> NP 4, plus D'eon from 1 ->3, plus vanilla Saber? Got NP 4 Altera, leveled Umu, Salter and Lily, plus unlevelled Sumanai for AoE Sabers alone. I thought I was just a dolphin, but things like this, Jalter and Jack all led me to realize I am a terrible whale and I need to hold myself back from spending even more on servants I want to get.

Really happy to have Chloe on board, my first ST gold Archer, and a real step up from Billy and Robin in that she does damage without crits, and doesn't have to rely on landing poison on enemies with magic resist. My expectations may be a little high right now tough, going to be sad when the event ends and she loses the absurd attack boost she gets for just existing.

After vacationing for two weeks without internet I was apparently purged from many people's friends lists. I now have ~18 slots to fill, and my servants are generally fairly strong, even if I do need to retool my support setup after this event is done since I haven't really since Summer 1. Code is 018,233,170. Please let me know in the thread so I don't refuse your request.

Also, controversial opinion time: Prillya is actually pretty good if you read the manga instead of watching the anime, IIRC. Same lore and interesting things, much less focus (and indeed less presence in general) on half naked prepubescent girls. Chloe still exists, but its not nearly as bad as like anything I've ever heard about the anime from the second season on.

I'd send one but apparently i was not so callous as to delete you, yay me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
welfares only having one card design kinda fucks me up when I use double welfares

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Just to confirm, the upcoming Umulottery has enough QP in it to choke an herd of elephants, right?

Because man do I need enough QP to choke an herd of elephants.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

RanKizama posted:

Chloe is still very murderous after the event, just not +100% damage murderous. EMIYA is better after his strengthening quest which makes his buff skill not stupid.

Indeed, once his Clairvoyance gets upgraded to Hawkeye, he actually becomes one of the best 4* AoE archers, cause he can get stupid crazy amounts of Stars off his NP, which he can then feed into his Arts cards to recharge his NP and then NP again.

Granted, Chloe can do the same thing, but she's more of a boss killer where as EMIYA is a wave clearer.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Omobono posted:

Just to confirm, the upcoming Umulottery has enough QP in it to choke an herd of elephants, right?

At least 5 millions for box, I think.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rorahusky posted:

Indeed, once his Clairvoyance gets upgraded to Hawkeye, he actually becomes one of the best 4* AoE archers

He's literally one of the only ones. 4 star AoE archer is him, Atalante, Nobu, and only Summer Helena next year.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Omobono posted:

4,550,000 per lottery box.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Just emptied the event of Forbidden Pages and Chains to get Nitocris to skill levels 10/8/4. I'm left with 200k QP. Umufest can't start soon enough.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
well I totally ended up missing this event

hopefully it gets reran someday! in the far off future!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

well I totally ended up missing this event

hopefully it gets reran someday! in the far off future!!

It hasn't in JP until today so RIP you.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Plutonis posted:

It hasn't in JP until today so RIP you.

That's fine I'm not hurting for an Archer with my boy Robin Hood around so I can wait two years to see the whole story

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Gologle posted:

Yeah I used her to test run Royal Castle, since I plan on using her for 3 turning that place, and with full buffs (not even maxed out Projection, it's at level 5) from Waver and Mozart her NP hits for 200k+ damage on Gawain. She's only level 75 too, and I haven't event Fou'd her completely yet.
I've fou'd and 90'd my Chloe. With her lvl.10 Projection and Waver buff, she hits for over 400K with a MLB Magical Sapphire right now.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
Reminder that Medea will be really useful for an upcoming challenge quest during Nerofest, so if you haven't gotten her to level 70 and completed her strengthening quest I highly recommend that you do so. Preferably with skills leveled up to 6/6/6 (lower cooldown will be very helpful), but if you don't level her skills she'll still be a big help.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Something I hadn't noticed about summer BB:

She doesn't have the humanoid trait. :stare

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
She also has the Large trait, interestingly.

Even Babbage and Ivan don't have large trait.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Dee Ehm posted:

Reminder that Medea will be really useful for an upcoming challenge quest during Nerofest, so if you haven't gotten her to level 70 and completed her strengthening quest I highly recommend that you do so. Preferably with skills leveled up to 6/6/6 (lower cooldown will be very helpful), but if you don't level her skills she'll still be a big help.
Time for my Lv. 90 Medea to shine. Still haven't gotten her last two skills to Lv. 10 because Martha drained all my QP, but Nerofest will change that.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This has been noticed by the JP fandom. General consensus seems to be that she’s a Saya no Uta style monstrosity that’s only in the shape of a human.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Makes sense, with her bond CE and all the spiky tentacles around.

It's still disconcerting since (CCC event) Kiara's interference aside, BB is normally well meaning... ish.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean considering what she's merged herself with I don't think the "monstrosity pretending to be human-shaped" thing is so much a fan theory as it is the, like, actual text of summer BB's character

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Blockhouse posted:

I mean considering what she's merged herself with I don't think the "monstrosity pretending to be human-shaped" thing is so much a fan theory as it is the, like, actual text of summer BB's character

The Beast with Many Backs

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Well, the question is more how much of that is BB's true nature, considering Nyarthalotep leant it's power to her because they were kindred spirits.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Any tricks to defeating Medb? As a new player with Servants in the 30-40s, I'm already struggling on her first phase.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elephant Parade posted:

Any tricks to defeating Medb? As a new player with Servants in the 30-40s, I'm already struggling on her first phase.

Bring a friendly berserker named Cu (Alter).

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Kild posted:

Bring a friendly berserker named Cu (Alter).
:stare: Even without his NP, this guy's damage is insane. Wow.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

:stare: Even without his NP, this guy's damage is insane. Wow.

In all honesty, for this event specifically a high level female Servant with an MLB Ruby/Sapphire will serve you better than Cu, period. Female Servants equipped with them get a +100% attack boost to begin with, and an additional +100% boost to that card type, which means that even with Cu Alter being a Berserker (and thus getting 150% damage vs. near everything), they should still do more damage - particularly the high damage ones (like Jalter and Raikou). Mash, Ilya and Chloe get an additional +100% attack boost, and the other female servants in the event (Rhyme, Medb, Medea Lily, Helena) get +50% attack.

You've probably noticed, but Medb's particularly vulnerable to Arts cards too so, at this point in the event, borrowing a Chloe with an MLB Sapphire in particular should basically nuke Medb.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Shiki would work well too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Chloe outdamages most servants even without class advantage in this event.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

In all honesty, for this event specifically a high level female Servant with an MLB Ruby/Sapphire will serve you better than Cu, period.

You'd think, but I brought a carefully built team of maxed 5* female servants with MLB Kaleid CEs to the Prisma Family quest.

They all got wiped on the first wave and the back row Cu Alter I brought along to bond level soloed the rest of the fight.

edit: Chloe could probably have done the same thing but I'm running out of embers so she's only at 60.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah Raikou's (or Chloe) probably better but I assumed they had survivability issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

You'd think, but I brought a carefully built team of maxed 5* female servants with MLB Kaleid CEs to the Prisma Family quest.

They all got wiped on the first wave and the back row Cu Alter I brought along to bond level soloed the rest of the fight.

edit: Chloe could probably have done the same thing but I'm running out of embers so she's only at 60.

I think I'm seeing the issue, you're not using the event CEs. Though in seriousness, there are multiple female 5*s who should be perfectly capable of wiping the first wave even without the various attack boosts (especially with 1st turn NPs available) so not sure what issue you were having.