Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So apparently instead of doing tv crossovers the Arrowverse is getting a limited event comic that is supposed to be in continuity with the shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
no DC i wanted a legends comic, not a crossover fill in nobody cares about

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

So apparently instead of doing tv crossovers the Arrowverse is getting a limited event comic that is supposed to be in continuity with the shows.

With the impending sale of the network, I don't expect the Arrowverse to have much time left.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If whoever buys the CW doesn't want to keep the existing programming, the stuff WB owns the streaming rights to will probably bounce over to HBO Max, so RIP Flash and Legends basically.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

If whoever buys the CW doesn't want to keep the existing programming, the stuff WB owns the streaming rights to will probably bounce over to HBO Max, so RIP Flash and Legends basically.

The expected buyer is known for totally revamping the channels they buy so I doubt the network will survive. At least Superman and Lois could live on at HBOM.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm fine with Flash getting revamped or dropped.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

no DC i wanted a legends comic, not a crossover fill in nobody cares about

Each issue is going to be done by some of the writers of each show so the Legends issue should at least have the same tone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Each issue is going to be done by some of the writers of each show so the Legends issue should at least have the same tone.

It's a shame trees have to die for the Batwoman issues.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

howe_sam posted:

I think only Stargirl and Superman survive and go to HBO Max.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Stargirl must survive. It is the 2nd best dc show and is showcasing JSA characters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Stargirl must survive. It is the 2nd best dc show and is showcasing JSA characters.

Peacemaker, S&L and Doom Patrol are all better shows.

I base this entirely on my irriation that Courtney's windows did not have screens early in season one.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rhyno posted:

Peacemaker, S&L and Doom Patrol are all better shows.

I base this entirely on my irriation that Courtney's windows did not have screens early in season one.

Don’t forget Harley Quinn!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Klungar posted:

Don’t forget Harley Quinn!

Are they making more Harley?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Are they making more Harley?

S3 should be out sometime this year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

S3 should be out sometime this year.

Oh nice. Season 2 really felt like a finale.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
are you reading hq eat bang kill tour

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'll probably watch Peacemaker at some point, but the very first gif from it that ever crossed my feed was, unfortunately, the same ol' tired bad tryhard joke about Batman not killing people so that means he's killing people himself or whatever when criminals break out of jail.

so I'm ultimately.........not in any particular hurry.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I'll probably watch Peacemaker at some point, but the very first gif from it that ever crossed my feed was, unfortunately, the same ol' tired bad tryhard joke about Batman not killing people so that means he's killing people himself or whatever when criminals break out of jail.

I was REALLY skeptical about Peacemaker. I like John Cena, and I'm the hugest fan of the '80s Suicide Squad comic that inspired James Gunn's movie, but ultimately found the movie disappointing and Peacemaker irredeemable. But I'm so glad I gave the show a chance, because I love it. I never thought I could say it's a great time to be a Vigilante fan, but he is probably going to end up as the breakout character from this show, coming across as even funnier, more badass, more disturbed, and more entertaining than the title character.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I was skeptical about Vigilante in the first three episodes, thinking they were setting him up as more of a joke character but the last episode really really really sold me on the character. The whole prison scene where he taunts the white supremacists had my laughing out loud and it showed he was actually a really capable person.

As for the thing about Batman not killing, Peacemaker is pretty much shown as a guy whose development was stunted by a racist dad and some other hosed up poo poo so his whole argument about Batman not killing isn't supposed to be coming from someone you agree with but someone throwing a tantrum.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

It's really good. I was down on the idea of it and didn't watch it right away, but it's a really good series.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

As for the thing about Batman not killing, Peacemaker is pretty much shown as a guy whose development was stunted by a racist dad and some other hosed up poo poo so his whole argument about Batman not killing isn't supposed to be coming from someone you agree with but someone throwing a tantrum.

I know that and you know that, but some people on the Twitter, their media criticism is not so good even when it's in good faith (and it often ain't).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Peacemaker is good. Watch it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

BrianWilly posted:

It's the exact same situation as with Bill, in Kill Bill 2. Do you really think the character who is presented as a developmentally stunted psychologically unstable semi-incompetent dickhead/sociopathic self absorbed hired killer is meant to be offering a reasonable opinion?

If MCU Star Lord told you that Adam Sandler's comedies were all fantastic, would you take his opinion seriously???

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021
Is Peacmaker’s Batman Ben Affleck? That dude kills people, has no problem using guns, and literally marking people for dead in jail! Who the heck is Peacemaker talking about?

I was hoping the main villains was gonna be that politician and his toxic “Nuclear Family” using Peacemaker to further his political agenda and blowing up the White House, or something. Instead we get the animorph alien body snatchers. The Nuclear family could still work for any DC show though. Have they been on Doom Patrol yet?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

King Baby posted:

I was hoping the main villains was gonna be that politician and his toxic “Nuclear Family” using Peacemaker to further his political agenda and blowing up the White House, or something. Instead we get the animorph alien body snatchers. The Nuclear family could still work for any DC show though. Have they been on Doom Patrol yet?

They showed up on Titans, sort of.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

King Baby posted:

Is Peacmaker’s Batman Ben Affleck? That dude kills people, has no problem using guns, and literally marking people for dead in jail! Who the heck is Peacemaker talking about?

I mean, the literal white supremacist leader is also presented as a villain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want a Vigilante series now.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Rhyno posted:

I want a Vigilante series now.

I just want a Matter-Eater Lad appearance.

I hear that guy's a loving lunatic!

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021

bunnyofdoom posted:

I mean, the literal white supremacist leader is also presented as a villain.

For some reason I thought the butterflies and the white supremacists had nothing to do with each other, but now that you mention it I can see the parallels. I thought the theme of this show was going to be “family” but it is obviously “control.”

Project Snowflake!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BooDooBoo posted:

I just want a Matter-Eater Lad appearance.

I hear that guy's a loving lunatic!

Of it opens the door for a Bouncing Boy cameo I'm all for it

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Rhyno posted:

Of it opens the door for a Bouncing Boy cameo I'm all for it

"His powers come from a dangerously intoxicating alien extract, he drinks so much of the stuff he thinks he has three girlfriends..."

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's the exact same situation as with Bill, in Kill Bill 2. Do you really think the character who is presented as a developmentally stunted psychologically unstable semi-incompetent dickhead/sociopathic self absorbed hired killer is meant to be offering a reasonable opinion?

If MCU Star Lord told you that Adam Sandler's comedies were all fantastic, would you take his opinion seriously???

Is that actually what's supposed to be happening in Kill Bill 2? At least they establish early on that Peacemaker and Star-Lord are dumb jerks. Bill is only presented as lethal and masterful, plus abusive and manipulative, right up until he makes his big wrong speech that isn't lampshaded or called out on. It doesn't come across at all as "This guy has no idea what he's talking about" instead reading as "This guy is a deep thinker but Tarantino knows gently caress all about Batman." Like if Beatrix has wandered in and he had been like "The best Weezer album is Ixnay on the Hombre daaaarrrhhh" that'd be one thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last week's Batwoman finally explicitly explained what happened with Dig. Apparently the box with the ring closed right after he found it and then he couldn't get it open again. That's it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So he isn't worthy?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It must have startled him and caused him to feel great fear

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Last week's Batwoman finally explicitly explained what happened with Dig. Apparently the box with the ring closed right after he found it and then he couldn't get it open again. That's it.

gently caress Geoff Johns

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

loving lmao

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He also grew a beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Cannot wait to find out how this is Barry’s fault.