Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ELI PORTER posted:

lol at these loving unwashed pubbies ungrateful for the carry and also lol at this:

The best was the three guys requesting fire at the O-I, not doing anything during his reloads, and then complaining that I was too "afraid" to contribute anything after I was literally the only person that took 800 health off him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The best was the three guys requesting fire at the O-I, not doing anything during his reloads, and then complaining that I was too "afraid" to contribute anything after I was literally the only person that took 800 health off him.

Lol. I've had a team like that before. They're trying everything to pen an O-i, meanwhile my KV-2 is being called a useless poo poo because I'm pointed down the other approach on the hill in Abby. So I back out, pop off a round and shave some damage off the O-i. Did it again and had him down to 5%. My pubbies were still bouncing shells while a Crom came down the other approach and raped me, they all died and spent the rest of the match bitching about the "useless KV-2" that managed to beat the gently caress out of an O-i while they bounced literally every shell because I didn't protect their flank from that Cromwell

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I struggle to think of something that more perfectly encapsulates this player base than you doing 1000 more damage than the rest of them combined and them still whining at you as you carry them to a victory that literally none of them deserved.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

am jelous of that tank .. you filthy apcr spammer

The filthiest, I can't deny my goldspaming ways. I still make a ton of credits with lots of apcr, plus sometimes I get some pubbie rage texting me post game and I just cant put a price on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFAnpb8I3E

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Nack long ago, the penalty system was lighter. Like, you kill multiple people and would be allowed to finish a game before it banned you for one day. Because of this, I had a game where people were bitching at me for not doing anything in I forget what heavy. This was comedy as we had lost 1 tank and the enemy was down to half. Needless to say, I turned around and went on a murder rampage against my team. They still won, but the salty tears were amazing. Chair was less than happy when I told him I would be able to attend clan wars that evening though.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Tonight was pretty good, far more wins than losses. But my fav was Sand River. Crawled up the hill just outside the East spawn with the KV-2 and waited a few seconds. An E-25 crested a hill about half the map away and got lit up. Let it aim, let it aim, just stay right there my little cock-a-roach, kablam. Took 3/4s of his health and became target number one for him for the rest of the game. Rolled down off the hill and slipped around behind it till my rear end was in the camp and rolled out to smack some medium up in the mountains to kill him off. His buddies quickly ran towards the camp where I was. Through the rest of the match when he couldn't see me that E-25 is firing blind to try and hit me. Next came some Leo fucker thinking he was gonna rape the arty, kablam, nailed him for half and he ran in full reverse. Now I'd been lit for some time and arty on their team was desperately trying to gently caress me, but some pubby AMX wasn't paying attention to his minimap and comes flying up the hill to rape arty and sees me, locks the brakes and throws it in reverse, but he's a small poo poo, so wait for it to aim....Where do you think you're going, rookie? Kablam, killed him. The Leo decides to be clever and come around to get me while that E-25 is bouncing shots off my rear end somehow. Kablam, arty fucks the Leo. Now it's just that E-25 and a Tiger on their team left, so the E-25 bugs out to get swarmed in a corner while the Tiger tries hiding behind a building while giving me a clear shot. Wait for it, aim, here kitty kitty....loving wiffed it into the dirt and the remaining heavies on my team swarm in to kill him.

Trolling that E-25 was the highlight of my night

Watching the replay, forgot I one shotted that M4 at the very beginning.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Mar 28, 2017

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Had a match at Murovanka earlier in my nearly-stock derp-VK 36.01 because I hadn't unlocked any of the other guns. It was a T8 match, and my team somehow manages to shoot enough red tanks to roll both flanks by the time I'm three-quarters up the hill. I was most of the way up it, so since gently caress it I'm not going to make it to where the action is I'll just see if I can hit anything from here. I get to where I can shoot at their last tank, a Black Prince, and fire a shot that's looking like it's going to be good...until the AMX 13 75 drives right past him, trades some paint, and eats my shell for 400 damage. It somehow doesn't track or kill him, so he keeps pulling around to get behind him. I fire again, and he decides that it would be a good idea to cross back in-between me and the Black Prince, eats that shell as well, and dies. Didn't get banned but did turn blue for awhile because they wanted to play Get Down Mr. President with the last surviving red tank.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Hellsau posted:

Does anyone know how Wargaming gets videos of sick ricochets? I got TKed in CW tonight not because I'm an abrasive rear end in a top hat (I am) and not because I deserved is (I did) but because my teammate managed to ricochet HEAT off an Obj 430's rear engine deck and into me. I can tell where the shot ricochets from the fail to pen mark on the enemy engine deck and the sparks that fly off of it, but I dunno how they slow down the slot while still making the tracer visible.

Pristine engine deck
Marked engine deck and dead me
Sparks flying off

actually I probably should submit this to RNG because lol this is awesome

e: Also note we had 14 tanks for clan wars because our Batchat player managed to CTD with 2 seconds on the clock. Thanks Wargaming!

That game was absurd - the ISU parked behind my platoonmate and made him eat a couple shots that he didn't need to, and after we finished winning and cleaning up, my platoonmate managed to track the ISU instead of penning it. He then shoots and kills the ISU with a snapshot, and gets banned. No previous team damage, wasn't blue in garage - track, 166 damage killshot, ban.

I happened to be watching the ISU when he got tracked and killed and got a good laugh out of it.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Someone mentioned a 0 damage Steelwall recently, and I can't quite match that but this was surely not worth a medal:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Axetrain posted:

The filthiest, I can't deny my goldspaming ways. I still make a ton of credits with lots of apcr, plus sometimes I get some pubbie rage texting me post game and I just cant put a price on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFAnpb8I3E

good point on the rage messages worth it then i guess, also i open tanks today and its like "THE 112 IS BACK!!" good joke wg you use that one every other week.. also i thought i had a lot of tier 8 premiums i think i thought wrong :homebrew: i havent bought another one in over a year

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 28, 2017

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Well I'll be, the Panther II actually feels kinda good now that you can reliably snipe and pen weakspots with it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Well I'll be, the Panther II actually feels kinda good now that you can reliably snipe and pen weakspots with it.

It ain't bad, but low dpm on a needle dick gun can be aggravating.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

It ain't bad, but low dpm on a needle dick gun can be aggravating.

Better than no DPM because you can't hit anything at the ranges that you're able to survive at.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Better than no DPM because you can't hit anything at the ranges that you're able to survive at.

Eh that is also true.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Is it possible to convert a crew to another nation?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Nope

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ROFLburger posted:

Is it possible to convert a crew to another nation?

Dream on, skippy. We'll have no defectors here.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

WG missing out on ez money for people that hosed up their crew picks from the campaign missions. Sell them as tokens for $20 a pop.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

WG missing out on ez money for people that hosed up their crew picks from the campaign missions. Sell them as tokens for $20 a pop.

Naw, 1500 gold to transfer to a different nation per crew member. 200 gold for skill reset, 200 gold for tank change, 500 for qualification change, 600 for nation change. Bam, Wargaming earns a new revenue stream for little work.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Do you guys have a big surplus of free experience? I have a poo poo ton of free exp, way more than I'll ever end up converting to gold

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You mean pooled XP that can be converted into free-xp with gold? If so yes, millions of it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

Do you guys have a big surplus of free experience? I have a poo poo ton of free exp, way more than I'll ever end up converting to gold

That isn't free XP. That's just convertible XP lying around on tanks. You can spend gold to make that free XP.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

So i just enabled the detailed hit log. What an eye opener. Apparently the Jackson needs APCR to pen my Tiger I. Who knew?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Oh, I thought that stuff was called free exp. The more you know.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

If I hit the lottery I'll have millions of free xp after I convert it all.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

same

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

There's a world of tanks, a world of boats, and a world of airplanes. How is there not a world of spaceships yet

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ROFLburger posted:

There's a world of tanks, a world of boats, and a world of airplanes. How is there not a world of spaceships yet

Star Citizen will come out any day now!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

http://star-conflict.com/

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

couple of comedians in here

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

5.8mil here, probably never gonna convert all of that, but sometimes I value my time more than grinding certain very bad tanks. Also gently caress stock grinding.

I have more than a million on my 34-3 :shepicide:.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

couple of comedians in here

Star Conflict is actually a real game that is out and you can play it. Star Citizen is still just a scam.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

For those with millions of unconverted free xp, is enabling the accelerated crew training a waste of time or something?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I turn on accelerated crew training on everything, but I still have nearly 300k free exp.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

For those with millions of unconverted free xp, is enabling the accelerated crew training a waste of time or something?

If you're working on your fifth skill, you need 3.4 million XP to finish it. Turning off accelerated crew training for a million xp isn't that big a hit and gives you a lot to convert if you are a whale or if you get tons of tournament gold or something.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Also, accelerated crew training only gives double the exp to the lowest exp crew member, so it's pretty useless to begin with.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ROFLburger posted:

Oh, I thought that stuff was called free exp. The more you know.

Free XP is the XP you get you can apply to anything from crew training to tanks, etc that shows in the top right of the screen next to your credits. Then there's the tank specific XP that builds up on whatever tank you're working on to spend on modules and continue the line to the next tank that's displayed next to the research button. And then there's the convertible XP you earn on tanks that hit the elite/premium status that can be converted with gold.

It's ok, it took me a while to figure that stuff out too. All my tanks I have that can build convertible XP I have set to extra training so it all goes into getting the crew to level

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 29, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Do you still get the free exp when you turn on accelerated crew training? You just don't get the tank exp?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Naw, 1500 gold to transfer to a different nation per crew member. 200 gold for skill reset, 200 gold for tank change, 500 for qualification change, 600 for nation change. Bam, Wargaming earns a new revenue stream for little work.

The 500 gold qualification change also includes a skill reset and tank change.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So i just enabled the detailed hit log. What an eye opener. Apparently the Jackson lovely player needs APCR to pen my Tiger I. Who knew?

FTFY

ROFLburger posted:

Do you still get the free exp when you turn on accelerated crew training? You just don't get the tank exp?

Well no, you don't get both, otherwise there wouldn't be a point to not having accelerated crew training checked. It's on e or the other.

If you're going to eventually convert to free XP then leave it unchecked, otherwise you might as well activate it because there's no point in having several million locked XP on tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Also, accelerated crew training only gives double the exp to the lowest exp crew member, so it's pretty useless to begin with.

Naw, it's a pretty great bonus because it's multiplicative. On a two person crew like the ELC you get a 50% crew XP bonus that multiplies with events, reserves and boosters. On a normal four person crew, it's a 25% bonus to your crew training, or you can catch a guy up faster if you're training a new Sixth Sense commander or whatever. If you've got two million convertible experience, it ain't like you need any more.