Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zebraforce assemble!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

are you reading my mind, because i actually thought this at work 2 days ago :tinfoil:

would make for an interesting bit of malicious code though: infect all spreadsheets to automatically change every cell in row AY to lmao

e: also im foxit PDF

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

i want to believe that 29% of the audience are just taking the piss, but in this day and age you can never be sure

edit: i mean unless the entire image is doctored the guy actually felt the need to ask the audience to begin with, so

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"thrust" as a synonym for "power"

i mean it kinda fits, but yeesh, not in the context of llamas

BillWh0re
Aug 6, 2001

Sombrerotron posted:

old men are the future

yes

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Sombrerotron posted:

old men are the future

in the original Bard's Tale, the Old Man was the deadliest monster in the game

just this innocuous seeming old man with a cane

never underestimate old age and treachery

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hillary is good

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mods please change ny name to llamathrust or zebraforce

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/848200122102042625

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Sombrerotron posted:

i want to believe that 29% of the audience are just taking the piss, but in this day and age you can never be sure

edit: i mean unless the entire image is doctored the guy actually felt the need to ask the audience to begin with, so

If a contestant had to phone the audience for this question, I'd take the piss just to add insult to injury

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
yospos

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Rex-Goliath posted:

not gonna lie i thought this dude was gonna burn out after like.... two months tops

nah drew has a lot of stamina for a fat, bald, rc user

Moist von Lipwig fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 1, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

negging seems to work??

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

wow this video hasn't aged at all.

i feel just as awkward watching it today as when it just came out.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

this is definitely not the first one of these i've seen with the guy who plays trevor

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sophian posted:

Bernie/Warren doing work while you probably figuratively slobbing corporate knob. Go back to the "forest" you warmonger.

I've noticed that a lot of people are doing this thing where they simultaneously argue/believe that:
1. hilary clinton should never do anything ever again
2. why isn't hilary clinton doing stuff

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ccgHq26Qc

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
imgur is doing something retarded

(just go to the front page)

how do they make money again?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sagebrush posted:

imgur is doing something retarded

(just go to the front page)

how do they make money again?

Turn on you're calendar.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

duTrieux. posted:

I've noticed that a lot of people are doing this thing where they simultaneously argue/believe that:

also just yesterday bernie tried to claim trump supporters aren't bad people, which is hardly doing anything useful lol

axolotl farmer posted:

that's a goddamn beautiful computer

it's the AgVision Videotex terminal computer, built by Tandy Radio Shack as the initial device that would later become the TRS-80 Color Computer. they were sold to farmers throughout the midwest to be used to access crop prices and weather reports and other things like that. the AgVision company is still around today, mostly providing agribusiness focused accounting and inventory management software as well as ways to easily tie in crop price data and the like

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Even in the grim cyber future men will have excellent body hair

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

duTrieux. posted:

I've seen that too and it makes sense if you think about it. Complaint #1 on that list is because when Clinton does things, it always sounds like it will help the common folk but it ends up just pushing forward the neo-liberal agenda at the people's expense. Complaint #2 is because she always tries to pretend her actions are altruistic but when Trump won, she was nowhere to be found. All the progressive coalition went to work instantly to organize protests and to mobilize the electorate to oppose the nighmare of a Trump administration and Clinton's silence was deafening. I guaran-loving-tee you that the real reason she "came out of the woods" is because the establishment is seeing the success of Sanders, Warren, Reich, and progressives like them and they want to co-opt the movement so that they can steer it towards a future that still includes billionaires buying Congressional seats

fishmech posted:

also just yesterday bernie tried to claim trump supporters aren't bad people

Bernie isn't saying racism is ok. He's saying it's a symptom of middle-class frustration with the failed promises of neoliberalism. He's right. It's happening here in America and it's already been happening all over the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSS4GCA__As

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

this is some good poo poo right here

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Mark Blyth is good

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sophian posted:

Bernie isn't saying racism is ok. He's saying it's a symptom of middle-class frustration with the failed promises of neoliberalism. He's right. It's happening here in America and it's already been happening all over the world.

no, moron, trump supporters are bad people.

if you are still supporting donald trump after months of him being president you are a bad person.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

"my cyborg's got no nose"
"how does he smell?"
etc

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

NOTHING CAN STOP HIS RAGE

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

fishmech posted:

no, moron, trump supporters are bad people.

if you are still supporting donald trump after months of him being president you are a bad person.

No, moron, people whose vision of economic mobility gets threatened will turn to any solution that presents itself. You can't expect every single person in a country to get a degree in economics and political science in order to see through the bullshit. Sure we should have reasonable expectation that they would have basic human empathy but even that can be overturned by hundreds of millions of dollars in propaganda. That's why:

1. Treaty of Versailles -> German economy in shitter -> Hitler
2. National Housing Act of 1934 -> Redlining and mortgage fuckery -> Segregation
3. "Free Trade" + crippling of Unions and labor movement -> 4 decades of depressed wages and massive erosion of the middle-class -> Trump

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.
I'm sorry YOSPOS for being spicy about politics. I've been getting more involved with local activists for both political and charitable purposes and it's forced me to look at all the bullshit that's happening even at a local level. Also I've been reading Noam Chomsky and it's been as depressing as it has been enlightening.

Anyways here's a funy computer:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
read mark fisher

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sophian posted:

No, moron, people whose vision of economic mobility gets threatened will turn to any solution that presents itself. You can't expect every single person in a country to get a degree in economics and political science in order to see through the bullshit. Sure we should have reasonable expectation that they would have basic human empathy but even that can be overturned by hundreds of millions of dollars in propaganda. That's why:

1. Treaty of Versailles -> German economy in shitter -> Hitler
2. National Housing Act of 1934 -> Redlining and mortgage fuckery -> Segregation
3. "Free Trade" + crippling of Unions and labor movement -> 4 decades of depressed wages and massive erosion of the middle-class -> Trump

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sophian posted:

I've seen that too and it makes sense if you think about it. Complaint #1 on that list is because when Clinton does things, it always sounds like it will help the common folk but it ends up just pushing forward the neo-liberal agenda at the people's expense. Complaint #2 is because she always tries to pretend her actions are altruistic but when Trump won, she was nowhere to be found. All the progressive coalition went to work instantly to organize protests and to mobilize the electorate to oppose the nighmare of a Trump administration and Clinton's silence was deafening. I guaran-loving-tee you that the real reason she "came out of the woods" is because the establishment is seeing the success of Sanders, Warren, Reich, and progressives like them and they want to co-opt the movement so that they can steer it towards a future that still includes billionaires buying Congressional seats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSS4GCA__As

funny computer pics

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sophian posted:

No, moron, people whose vision of economic mobility gets threatened will turn to any solution that presents itself.

except the average trumpist did not and does not have their "economic mobility" threatened since they were already middle to upper class"

they voted for him, because they are racist idiots. and now that he's still in power some of them have wised up but the rest are even worse.

you can keep pretending they're not bad people, that won't make it true. if they really hated neoliberal policies, they wouldn't have voted for neoliberal economics minus any sort of progressive social stances. (but spoiler alert, literally none of them even know what neoliberal is, much less have a problem with it)

edit: and don't forget: the nazis never won a freely conducted national election. in the last free election before conservatives installed hitler to power, they had actually started to lose seats from the previous election. the germans only accepted hitler in power once the nazis in power was a fait accompli.

fishmech fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

also lol at posting Blythe when he's been very vocally critical of Bernie for knowingly lying in his campaign promise of bringing back manufacturing jobs

• Locked thread