Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's a lot of things they could do, but all of them are more work and less forward facing than if they'd just made him zhuge liang to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really want to see the Fate take on Wukong, a character who is already maximum overpowered bullshit

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Huh, I have someone on my friend list who has an NP5 Illya. Someone whaled hard for that.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

I really want to see the Fate take on Wukong, a character who is already maximum overpowered bullshit

AoE Lancer, Mana Burst, Instinct, Mind's Eye, bam, home in time for dinner.

If you mean characterwise he's long established in The Comics.

Rorahusky posted:

Huh, I have someone on my friend list who has an NP5 Illya. Someone whaled hard for that.

Or they were trying to roll for Nursery Rhyme and just had really weird luck.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I sincerely doubt DW cares too much about ruffling feathers when creating their Pseudo-Servants, regardless of it being culturally insensitive or tone-deaf.

While Ishtar and Ereshkigal aren't relevant in religious terms anymore, Parvati most certainly is and they had no problems assigning purple-haired Boudica Sakura to the role.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
But Parvarti is still Parvarti, the goddess as a character.

Waver is not Zhuge Liang at all. That's a major difference.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I was kind of blowing if the event since I was new and didn't think I would be able to o/progress in it. I'm starting to question that but is it too late?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The event ends tomorrow evening (US) if you chow down on apples and really spend some time you can probably get finish a good chunk and at least get Chloe, her ascension items, and maybe a few NP level ups, but a total clear seems extremely unlikely.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

I was kind of blowing if the event since I was new and didn't think I would be able to o/progress in it. I'm starting to question that but is it too late?

You need about 1500 ap to do it optimally just to get chloe and her ascension materials.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The event ends tomorrow evening (US) if you chow down on apples and really spend some time you can probably get finish a good chunk and at least get Chloe, her ascension items, and maybe a few NP level ups, but a total clear seems extremely unlikely.

Yeah I knew there was no way I'd totally get through it but wasn't sure if there was value in trying to make some progress. C'est la vie!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
you're gonna have to grind for hours to get through it, it's a long and dull event

it's not very hard, though. it would have been a good one to start on as a newbie

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I finally finished London after being sidetracked by all the shenanigans and goings-on of events. I quite liked it. I wish I could have taken Mordred home, too. Maybe one day, God willing on a rate-up.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
I finally got around to watching Kara no Kyoukai and it is nice to see what they pulled from the series for the collab event. Now I can see what the deal was with the map we had. And of course the music was fantastic. It was a kinda cool to see all the early concepts of what makes up the "rules" of FSN. Maybe I'll waste some quartz on Saber Shiki when the re-run comes around. Or just buy that ridiculously expensive box set. Aniplex pricing! :argh:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sophism posted:

I sincerely doubt DW cares too much about ruffling feathers when creating their Pseudo-Servants, regardless of it being culturally insensitive or tone-deaf.

While Ishtar and Ereshkigal aren't relevant in religious terms anymore, Parvati most certainly is and they had no problems assigning purple-haired Boudica Sakura to the role.

Funny story, there actually was some Indian politician or something that somehow heard about FGO and got angry about Parvati being treated like a "servant". Nobody really cared, but the headlines did make it back to Japan.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Bakanogami posted:

Funny story, there actually was some Indian politician or something that somehow heard about FGO and got angry about Parvati being treated like a "servant". Nobody really cared, but the headlines did make it back to Japan.

Is it the same guy who got all bent out of shape over the Hindu pantheon being playable in SMITE?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

This is how I rolled Jack so this checks out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Blight Runner posted:

I finally got around to watching Kara no Kyoukai and it is nice to see what they pulled from the series for the collab event. Now I can see what the deal was with the map we had. And of course the music was fantastic. It was a kinda cool to see all the early concepts of what makes up the "rules" of FSN. Maybe I'll waste some quartz on Saber Shiki when the re-run comes around. Or just buy that ridiculously expensive box set. Aniplex pricing! :argh:

Saber Shiki has a rate up on New Years.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gloomy Rube posted:

This is how I rolled Jack so this checks out.

Karna came to me the same way, because I was after Raikou.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I got Punchnun trying to get Archertoria. I feel I got the better deal here :toot:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I got Waver pulling for Tamamo Shark. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I got Tamamo lancer pulling for kiyohime on three different servers

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Is it the same guy who got all bent out of shape over the Hindu pantheon being playable in SMITE?

this happened with overwatch and symmetra forever ago

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

AoE Lancer, Mana Burst, Instinct, Mind's Eye, bam, home in time for dinner.

If you mean characterwise he's long established in The Comics.

This is how I NP5ed Ozymandias chasing a second Saberlot.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

NRVNQSR posted:

I just wanted MLB Miyu CE for NP recharge memes, but got NP4 Illya first.

Surfred with Miyu CE is very fun and highly recommended.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Tae posted:

But Parvarti is still Parvarti, the goddess as a character.

Waver is not Zhuge Liang at all. That's a major difference.

You'll get complaints from the other side if Waver was not Waver, the same way people complained a lot about Ishtar not being Rin. Pseudo-Servants, by design, seem to piss people off.

There's about as much story confliction with Waver being in a Chinese centric story as there is with Billy the Kid fighting in the American Revolution with a British Nurse in Colorado. In other words, none at all.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

This is how I NP5ed Ozymandias chasing a second Saberlot.

I got NP3 Ozy trying to get a single Nito. (I also got NP5 Sabelot)

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Threw all I had at Illya. Walked away with Helena and NP4 Nursery.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Trihugger posted:

You'll get complaints from the other side if Waver was not Waver, the same way people complained a lot about Ishtar not being Rin. Pseudo-Servants, by design, seem to piss people off.

There's about as much story confliction with Waver being in a Chinese centric story as there is with Billy the Kid fighting in the American Revolution with a British Nurse in Colorado. In other words, none at all.
I feel like there's a difference between Billy the Kid, the historical figure from America, being himself, an American, in a story that might involve characters from other cultures, versus Zhuge Liang, a historical figure from China, being represented in game by a fictional british guy and never getting a single line of dialogue of his own.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder if I could actually bring Umu home. The Bride version would be ideal, but even Regular Flavor Umu would be neat. Or I could just save everything for Musashi.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'how many layers of grailing are you on?'

: 'oh, you know, five or six'

: 'you are like a little baby'

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Truly, love knows no bounds.

I proudly use my Level 90 Santa Alter on JP and grailing her to 90 was a good idea because she's a good Servant. :colbert:

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Tae posted:

Saber Shiki has a rate up on New Years.

Oh, I didn't think I'd have a chance this soon. Good to know! Time to budget out some quartz by then.

Endorph posted:

'how many layers of grailing are you on?'

: 'you are like a little baby'

I assume he's also NP5, right?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
https://webview.fate-go.us/2018/0904_clspu/

Class banners confirmed to fill the space between Prisma and Nerofes. For those who don't know, each day will alternate between the different classes, and on that day you can only roll Servants of that class during their rate-up.

no bedivere for NA though, rip dreams

e: https://webview.fate-go.us/2018/0813_interlude/ And 1/2 AP interludes!

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 4, 2018

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Guess I'll use a couple of tickets on the Assassin banner. It's amusing that it is the only regular class that doesn't have any story locked servants.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got Squirtoria so I guess tomorrows 10 tickets can be saved incase they include a surprise servant in the f/z rerun. :toot: That buff to strengthening quartz is great.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maybe I might try a roll for CasCu. Or maybe a shot at the Assassin banner.

Or I could just wait for Umufest and roll on that.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got Squirtoria so I guess tomorrows 10 tickets can be saved incase they include a surprise servant in the f/z rerun. :toot: That buff to strengthening quartz is great.

Watch them put Sola-Ui in as a Grainne pseudo-Servant.

"Gráinne’s character is always drawn with consistency in the myths. She is a shallow person, wilful, ruthless and passionate, and what in modern terms would be described as a neurotic."

Perfect!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TheFireMagi posted:

no bedivere for NA though, rip dreams

:negative: I am destroyed.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

gently caress, tempted to roll for Saber Alter, Lancer Alter, Jack/Jeanne, and Nightingale. I'll be lucky to see even one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Traveller posted:

gently caress, tempted to roll for Saber Alter, Lancer Alter, Jack/Jeanne, and Nightingale. I'll be lucky to see even one of those.

Yeah, goddamn do I want Salter to join my team of friends. But I also feel like I should be hoarding my stones and tickets for some future event.