Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
also actually discussing any of the content posted is haram. you should move it to cspam homex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mila kunis posted:

also actually discussing any of the content posted is haram. you should move it to cspam homex

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Marx suffered for his posting, which not many posters can say today!

republishing marx's periodicals with "USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST" stamped on the cover

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mila kunis posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

THS posted:

right but you’ll be diverting all the productive forces which were engaged in worthless activity into other new growth industries like solar energy, suburb razing, and reeducation camp guards and teachers

My point is that "degrowth" is still an ill defined concept with a lot of rhetorical baggage, and getting reflexively mad every time someone brings it up is a knee jerk reaction.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

mila kunis posted:

isn't "all political threads have to go to cspam" a rule now?

:getin:

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
good overview of cockshott tha god's work on political economy, via an interview with the man himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUfe0_ANzKg

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what the gently caress

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This is about as fair as it gets I guess.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i think killing your own savior is part of the point for the truly faithful, tho

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/palebeatz/status/1170683879507685376?s=21

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

hes not wrong tho

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
stalin would deffo gulag marx. imean i would too

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Kurnugia posted:

stalin would deffo gulag marx. imean i would too

:eyepop:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

If you see Marx walking on the road, send him to gulag.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

marx you say...wat's that drunken lout up too now...

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Grevling posted:

If you see Marx walking on the road, send him to gulag.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/moltopopulare/status/1170973856884019200?s=19

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

This seems like a poor analysis of the Spanish Inquisition.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lmao this owns. Love when leadership of supposedly radical groups are spineless worms.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Communist Party of the Russian Federation tied with Putin's party on the Moscow municipal elections

https://twitter.com/ElElectoral/status/1171109688466923521?s=20

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

The Communist Party of the Russian Federation tied with Putin's party on the Moscow municipal elections

Bring It Back

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Ultraizquierda sounds so much cooler than left wing.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Plutonis posted:

lol virgin putin can't even rig elections properly, is owned by the chad communists

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
rip allende

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I wish the communists would take over as the leading opposition party so I never have to hear about Alexei Navalny again.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish they would take over the country so we can restart the second world personally

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

i wish they would take over the country so we can restart the second world personally

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

:ussr:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wish the communists would take over as the leading opposition party so I never have to hear about Alexei Navalny again.

I thought they always were the leading opposition, it's just that western media sure as poo poo aren't gonna boost them.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Plutonis posted:

I thought they always were the leading opposition, it's just that western media sure as poo poo aren't gonna boost them.

CPRF is usually a "loyal opposition" but they're changing their tune lately because it looks like they could actually win elections. Navalny gets extra coverage because the government refuses to register his party.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Going off wikipedia, but:

Navalny's "Russia of the Future" party holds zero seats in parliament and the Duma

The CPRF has 43 seats in the Duma, 3 governors, and 334 seats in regional parliaments

That does make the CPRF the second largest party in the Duma, and the largest party in the opposition (the other two parties in the opposition being A Just Russia with 23 seats who are allegedly a socdem party, and "Civic Platform" with 1 seat as a conservative party)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The CPRF led a few anti-austerity protests within the last few years against Putin and the only Western media with decent coverage was Voice of America.

Speaking of the US propaganda arm, the former head now runs NPR.
https://twitter.com/yashalevine/status/1171153283823656961?s=20

THS
Sep 15, 2017

npr is such dogshit lmao. i think it might be one of the single most corrosive things to “well meaning” liberal minds. it’s beyond reproach and you’re crazy if you suggest it’s state department propaganda

what really stuns me though is that as bad as npr international coverage of stuff is, somehow bbc almost always manages to be worse

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
and you want government to run health care :smug:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

THS posted:

npr is such dogshit lmao. i think it might be one of the single most corrosive things to “well meaning” liberal minds. it’s beyond reproach and you’re crazy if you suggest it’s state department propaganda

what really stuns me though is that as bad as npr international coverage of stuff is, somehow bbc almost always manages to be worse

David Cameron intentionally pursued a policy of turning the BBC into a Tory rag.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Richard Wolff compiled a list of essential Marxist reading.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Way too many books imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

Way too many books imo.

read the op