Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitty Cowboy
Apr 12, 2012
I'm looking for a video of "Singing in the Rain" which has been altered so that different sections of the frame update at different times. The music may or may not echo, I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it came from here.

Much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

voltron lion force posted:

So I'm looking for this song that is essentially a walkthrough of the old text adventure game Zork. I think the track is actually called "Walkthrough" but I don't remember who the creators are. I had a tindeck link favorited but it has apparently been removed or something.

Further news: They've released an album, and it's available physically or digitally, so you can get the mp3 for a buck on Amazon or iTunes.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

m2pt5 posted:

Further news: They've released an album, and it's available physically or digitally, so you can get the mp3 for a buck on Amazon or iTunes.

Ah ha well now it makes sense why they took it down. Thanks!

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

m2pt5 posted:

It's also on Spotify. http://open.spotify.com/album/7E1iIeNmKehvX6U1JZv7HE

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Actually I have a nerdy video game song request too. It was a rap about Earthbound where the refrain was "Earthbound, best game ever/gameplay over graphics now and forever." Aside from rhyming ever with forever it was actually really good and had all the various characters say a few lines, with Paula's voice actor sticking out as sounding like an extremely fat black man. If anyone knows where that is I'd be quite grateful.

TokenBlackGuy
Feb 25, 2009

Praise the sun!
I have a pretty odd request and I hope it hasn't been mentioned here already (or before).

Back when I first started getting into blogs during my high school years I found this pretty awesome website that chronicled a man's life through a job he never wanted. He was originally a music major, recently graduated, and now working a desk job alongside some of the most inane co-workers in existence.

I specifically remember a post of him complaining how his co-worker knew nothing about classical music but tried to spark up a conversation about Tchaikovsky or something (this blog is the reason why I love classical so much now!) I remember the blog being named something like "I hate my job" but it's too broad for google to find.

Any help is appreciated!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

nippythefish posted:

Sup Julio? :chord:

This is what came to mind, man: :nws: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/doodoocaca :nws:

HA! I remember this video. Not the one I'm looking for, but right era. Even today this video creeps me the gently caress out, so thanks for that, nippy :v:

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

Or was it La La La La La La La La La Ooh Hoo Hoo?
I think this might be it, but won't know for sure till I get home and try it. Stupid iphone. Judging by the title, I'm willing to bet we have a winner!
Edit: YES, this is it! You just made my upcoming weekend, goon sir.

tao of lmao fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 10, 2012

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Air Julio posted:

I think this might be it, but won't know for sure till I get home and try it. Stupid iphone. Judging by the title, I'm willing to bet we have a winner!
Edit: YES, this is it! You just made my upcoming weekend, goon sir.

I figured it had to be. The 'ooh hoo hoo' has stayed in my brain for almost a decade now. Along with the Kenya song and other flash oddities.

Hogscraper
Nov 6, 2004

Audio master
I've been searching and searching for this series of videos. The website had a little backstory explaining how the author walked into a record store that had a table full of band demos and he found an innocuous VHS simply labeled "demo tape". When he got home and put it in he found a shirtless middle aged man poorly singing some 70s classics. I believe AC/DC and Led Zeppelin were among the bunch.

I want to say the title of the page was "The Rocker" or something along those lines but since that movie came out search results are cluttered with references to the movie.

Planetarium
Apr 19, 2003

Grimey Drawer
For those who mentioned tanner4105, I have uploaded his second album Bad Apollo - I'm Burning Fart IV - Volume Two: No butts for lmao and you can download it here.

http://depositfiles.com/files/pb5e6x1l7

Mods: This shouldn't qualify as :filez: as the albums were originally free and are hard to dig up, but I will remove the link if anybody complains.

If anybody has the first, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: Messed up one track number, "felipe bacon: well ive got a success story" should be track 10 instead of another 9.

Planetarium fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 11, 2012

funkmetalfiend
Jun 2, 2004
Not quite sure if this fits in here, but I was having a conversation with my buddies about gross jobs and I remembered a thread, ages ago, about some guy whose job it was to clean out sex dolls that were in some kind of arcade type thing at truck stops. They didn't believe me and I tried to find the thread but couldn't. Maybe there is a story about this somewhere else? I tried googling it but found nothing.

Help me SA?

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
I think there was a thread about this guy, but I can't find it. Who is this?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Repo Man posted:

I think there was a thread about this guy, but I can't find it. Who is this?

Google says Chris-Chan. He has an ED page and discussing him tends to derail threads and annoy people. Fortunately this thread is better than that.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Google says Chris-Chan. He has an ED page and discussing him tends to derail threads and annoy people. Fortunately this thread is better than that.

Thank you.

rally9x
Feb 2, 2005

theangryamoeba posted:

So I found something rather amazing while looking for ascii art:

http://www.geocities.com/spunk1111/computer.htm#card

A real working Geocities site. Maybe there are no flaming skull gifs and maybe the text isn't green on black, but it is a reminder of a simpler time; a time before Facebook and Tumblr.

How is this possible I thought Geocities closed down?

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Air Julio posted:

HA! I remember this video. Not the one I'm looking for, but right era. Even today this video creeps me the gently caress out, so thanks for that, nippy :v:

My pleasure, goonsir. :chord:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

rally9x posted:

How is this possible I thought Geocities closed down?
It did. And someone else claimed that they just stopped letting you make new pages, but everything I have seen (including both news articles talking about how they are all gone and many attempts to visit GeoCities pages over the last few years) suggests that this does, in fact, make no sense, and I demand an explanation as to how it can exist.

Yeah Funyuns
Jul 22, 2009

by Fistgrrl
Anyone remember icebox.com? There was an incredibly dumb animated webseries on there that I enjoyed about a college guy who was turned into a zombie. Just the name would be great.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Zombie College.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

There's a whole wiki on him now, in fact.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

There was a page that existed a long time ago that I forgot the name of, I think the guy called himself Limmy or Lemmy. Anyway, it was really one of the first sites I saw to take full advantage of what flash had to offer at the time (around 2000-2002) and he had a carnie simulator that had buttons with different sayings. Another thing he had on there were color bars that played different tones and such. If any of you can remember what it was or even saw it, could you kindly post a link? I've been trying to find what it was all morning but am at a total loss.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

keykey posted:

There was a page that existed a long time ago that I forgot the name of, I think the guy called himself Limmy or Lemmy. Anyway, it was really one of the first sites I saw to take full advantage of what flash had to offer at the time (around 2000-2002) and he had a carnie simulator that had buttons with different sayings. Another thing he had on there were color bars that played different tones and such. If any of you can remember what it was or even saw it, could you kindly post a link? I've been trying to find what it was all morning but am at a total loss.

http://www.limmy.com/playthings/ probably?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Defiance Industries posted:

There's a whole wiki on him now, in fact.

Proof that the internet is really full of cold blooded people.

Artline70
Apr 23, 2008
I'm looking for an article that described the best rock video in the world - a fictional one, with cliff shots, lasers and dragons. I read it two years ago and loved it. Google has
no idea what I'm talking about.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Starno posted:

Yup. That's it. Sometimes I try to search too exact and use wrong search terms like carnie instead of gipsy. Thank you!! :downs:

edit: I forgot this is completely not a work appropriate site. :)

keykey fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 17, 2012

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Starno posted:

Ahahaha, holy poo poo I had forgotten about the sweary xylophone. I love it so much.

Honky MoFo
Aug 22, 2000

There are some mother fucking snakes on my mother fucking face!
I don't know exactly where I should be asking this. I'm looking for a music video/song. I can't remember most if not all of the lyrics but I think the words "soul sister" is somewhere in the chorus. It's a rock song and is fairly new (within the last 5 years or so I think. In the video, the singer has a beard and they are doing the song in a school gym (again, I think).

I wish I had more to go on, but that's all I can muster from the depths of my brain. It's not majorly important, it's just that it's been nagging me for days now and I'd like to get some closure :bang: before I go totally nuts.

Before it's suggested, it's not Train or The Cult.
Thank you

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

So quite a few years ago a found a video. I'm pretty sure it was through the Perry Bible Fellowship website, but I can't find anything today.

The video is a short documentary of sorts in which a girl tries to explain this weird OCD thing she does. I wish I could remember all the details, but she has this obsession with words, and I believe in their connection with numbers. Somehow certain words would create a certain number of points and she would feel compelled to earn certain point amounts with things she said.

I don't know if there is more i can say about it.. just came to mind the other day thought I'd hunt it down.

oh and there was this music video i swear I saw in like the early 2000s. The singer was a chick, and if i understand correctly, she was like on an assembly line at a doll factory. I know people would first think "Barbie Girl" but it totally wasn't that. I don't think it was a pop track, but more along the lines of punk/rock

Roydrowsy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 19, 2012

Honky MoFo
Aug 22, 2000

There are some mother fucking snakes on my mother fucking face!

Roydrowsy posted:

oh and there was this music video i swear I saw in like the early 2000s. The singer was a chick, and if i understand correctly, she was like on an assembly line at a doll factory. I know people would first think "Barbie Girl" but it totally wasn't that. I don't think it was a pop track, but more along the lines of punk/rock
Was it by any chance this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1ANLb4QPY

Bill Heywood
Nov 8, 2005
Dinosaur Puncher!
I can't seem to find it with search, but I'm 90% certain it was here. A while ago someone posted a very detailed thread about the "Single?" signs on the side of the freeway. Turns out they are all connected through some Asian corporation or something. I don't remember all the details, but if anyone has a link that'd be awesome.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What was the name of that SA ARG that was "discovered" by a goon about the "hacked" TV broadcasts making people sick with the disjointed images and poo poo and it was eventually revealed that the goons were behind it all along?

I wanna say it was called The Ohio Project or something, and I think it was Senor Bambos behind it?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What was the name of that SA ARG that was "discovered" by a goon about the "hacked" TV broadcasts making people sick with the disjointed images and poo poo and it was eventually revealed that the goons were behind it all along?

I wanna say it was called The Ohio Project or something, and I think it was Senor Bambos behind it?
I think it was actually the Wyoming Project, but when I google that I get overwhelmed with some (unrelated) CW series of the same name.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

wheatpuppy posted:

I think it was actually the Wyoming Project, but when I google that I get overwhelmed with some (unrelated) CW series of the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBHkW0aKHRc

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

no... i dig that song, but it was a lot more colorful.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Looking for the SA thread in which people were given the "WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE" avatars.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Anyone remember that blog where that girl went out into the woods and built a shelter out of a hole in the ground and some tarps and then masturbated all day?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wojtek posted:

Anyone remember that blog where that girl went out into the woods and built a shelter out of a hole in the ground and some tarps and then masturbated all day?

Enjoy.

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Best quote: "Putting the "rear end" back in "Asperger's" since 2003"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

This. Wow. What the fuuuuuuck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

SeanBeansShako posted:

This. Wow. What the fuuuuuuck?

I take it you were not introduced to the Internet via Stile Project...

• Locked thread